Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester check in W/O Feb 11th

bkatpbkatp member
edited February 2019 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Since this is Valentine’s week, do you guys celebrate Valentines Day? If so what are you gifting each other. 
  • Feel free to share a HDBD!!

Mommies to be  

@bpietronicco 5/15 BOY! 

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

@northbeach3 6/5 GIRL! 

@Momifbysea 6/9 BOY!

Griffin5413 6/21   GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

autumnlvs  6/29   GIRL!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team Green

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wabash15 8/15 Team Green 

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here!

Re: 2nd Trimester check in W/O Feb 11th

• @bkatp - everything my ob has said and what I've read about ending up on your back is that it's not all that big of a deal. If you wake up and realize you are on your back, just adjust and go back to sleep. I think the worry is there is an artery that baby can rest on when you lay on your back that could potentially slow down blood flow and make you dizzy. I have started sleeping with a pillow on either side of me so if I roll onto my back, I'm still not laying flat. I move around soooo much in my sleep so the snoogle was doing me no good. I also sleep with a pillow under my legs or between my legs when I'm on my side. I'm pretty sure our moms weren't told they had all of these sleeping requirements and we all turned out just fine :wink:
    • How far along? 21w 3d
    • How are you feeling this week? I feel better than I have the last few weeks so that's great!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? nothing pregnancy related. lol.. .my FIL drives me crazy. He is the only family we have in this state and he lives like 10 min from us but rarely makes time to see his only grandson. Then on the rare occasion he does, it's all about what is convenient for him while he is retired, doesn't do anything all day and doesn't have a toddler's schedule to ever consider. Mind you his girlfriend spends every wed with her grandkids so we know that he has nothing going on  those days. But when my SIL (who we love!) is in town visiting, he acts like grandpa of the year and sees my niece pretty much every day that she's here. ok end rant!
    • Any upcoming appointments? regular ob on Thursday
    • GTKY: We don't typically do anything special. I'm not huge on Valentines day anyway. We are going to Vegas for our early babymoon the following weekend so we really aren't doing anything. Just a card is good with me. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mrsyngmrsyng member
    edited February 2019
    @bkatp I agree with @Griffin5413 - sleeping on your back isn’t a big deal. I’ve also asked my ob, he was so nonchalant about it - told me ‘don’t worry about it, if you’re still comfortable on your back, continue to sleep on it.’ He did also mention that for some women it is a ‘no-no’ to sleep on their backs but that I wasn’t one of them. I didn’t ask what it was that would prevent them from being allowed to sleep on their back since it didn’t relate to me. So every night I sleep on my back but I also toss and turn a lot; I’m always on my back or sides and have a pillow under my legs or in between. Works for me! I have in total 5 pillows for myself - mh says I’ve build a fortress.  Well, yes indeed!! Lol. Thank goodness we have a king size bed to fit all of them and my dog too! :)

@Griffin5413 Sorry about your FIL. I would be so annoyed as well. 
    • How far along? 24w 5d
    • How are you feeling this week? Good - my daily napping continues... :) even on weekends. I just don’t have energy, if I’m just at home. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? No.. just can’t wait for early May, to be away from work! :) 
    • Any upcoming appointments? The end of the month and glucose is suppose to happen too but I’m not sure when. 
    • GTKY: Since this is Valentine’s week, do you guys celebrate Valentines Day?  If so what are you gifting each other. Not really. If anything my husband may cook dinner at home (which he rarely does). But I’m not too big on Valentine’s Day - too darn crowded everywhere with people who only show their love once a year - we’ve learned it’s best to stay in to avoid the crowds. 
    • How far along? 23w 2d
    • How are you feeling this week? About the same - nausea, heartburn, insomnia, throwing up middle of night or first thing in morning every 3-4 days it seems. Blah! Where's the golden 2nd tri?!?!?
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Haha I guess just see above for my rant. And thanks for listening! :)
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday I see the NP again for the 24-week check.
    • GTKY: Since this is Valentine’s week, do you guys celebrate Valentines Day? If so what are you gifting each other. We usually just do cards and he gets me flowers or something, but this year I told him, with all the uninsured hospital/OB bills coming in, please don't get me anything! So he promised he won't.
  • Hi ladies,

sorry for the delay... was travelling last weekend and again this upcoming weekend, and barely keeping my eyes open past 9pm, so little time to update.
    • How far along? omg, 24 weeks today! (june 5)
    • How are you feeling this week?  pretty good, just super tired by the evening.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  had OB check on monday, got lab slip for glucose test in three weeks! fetal echo on friday.
    • Questions?  my OB told me i didn't need to fast for glucose test, but the nurse who gave me my slip told me i should (she said she was PG twice and failed both 1 hr tests).  other tips for day of testing?  i think people said to bring books/netflix?
    • GTKY: Since this is Valentine’s week, do you guys celebrate Valentines Day? If so what are you gifting each other.  well we usually try to go to a nice dinner, but it's been a busy week b/c we've both been traveling.  we have plans to go to palm springs this weekend, so I assume we'll find a nice restaurant for celebratory dinner... but we've been so busy, we're okay to not exchange gifts. (shrugs)
    annnnnnnnnnd i feel terrible for dropping the ball on the las vegas recs... (can i plea pregnancy brain?)

Here's a quick roundup:
    • Travelzoo -- good place to find discounts on buffets, activities, spas  (fave buffet:  Wicket Spoon at Cosmo; most indulgent buffet:  Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar's)
    • Of current deals, I recommend the following shows: Penn & Teller, any Cirque show, WOW! at Rio, Terry Fator (singing ventriloquist) at The Mirage ... and following activity: Mob Museum.
    • My fave cirque shows:  KA and Michael Jackson One (discourage Zumanity -- cheap/raunchy/awkward)
    • Other fun shows:  Matt Franco (magician) at the Linq
    • Fun activities:  Escape rooms! (fave room:  The Mob Boss at Lockdown; other good production value -- anything at Escapology); The Linq Promenade (Restaurants/Bars; High Roller Wheel, new zipline)
    • Best free activity: The Conservatory at Bellagio;  Fountains at Bellagio (consider brunch on the patio at Mon Ami Gabi (Paris Hotel) to get to see fountains while you (affordably) eat)
    • Vegas Eater is a great resource to find hip restaurants on the Strip and around the valley
    • Most romantic restaurants (recommend: Carbone at Aria for italian)
    • "Essential" Restaurants - Winter edition
    • If you like the "Rat Pack" vibe -- The Barrymore (Steakhouse)
    • If you like "old school vegas" -- OPEN 24/7 - Peppermill and Fireside Lounge (best for breakfast/brunch or late night drinks in the fireside lounge -- complete with lava/firepits)
    • If you want "cheap" vegas -- Downtown Fremont Street 
    • If you want "hipster" vegas -- East Fremont Street (starting at Las Vegas Blvd);  walkable bars/restaurants; The Container Park
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• A little bit of a hiatus - work has been really busy!
    @bkatp yay!! 24 wks is a huge marker! I really thought I would try not to tell anyone outside of family until then but I guess my belly and constant hunger is giving it away. The explanation I got re: sleeping on the back is that as the uterus gets bigger, it can push down on the IVC (the big vein that brings all the blood back to the heart from the lower part of the body) - that drops your blood pressure and makes it harder for blood to appropriately get to the uterus. It's more of a concern after 20 weeks onward as the uterus size has reached the level of the belly button. Obviously, women continue to sleep on their back and their babies turn out fine but there are a lot of things women did in the past that are now being found to be harmful (i.e. co-sleeping with a newborn, not placing the baby on his/her back, etc) so if you can follow it, why not? For back sleeping, alternately, if you sleep with your head/body raised (like a wedge pillow), it takes the pressure off.
    I really liked the 
    Leachco Back 'N Belly Bliss Pregnancy/Maternity Body Pillow  - it's a full U shaped pillow as opposed to the C shaped snoogle which I thought was confining. We have a queen sized bed so when DH is home, we put it in an L and when he's gone, I alternate between the U at my feet and at my head depending on how much elevation I want for my head :smile: long explanation.
    @Griffin5413 I'm sorry about your FIL - it sounds really annoying.
    @mrsyng I love your five pillow fort!
    @ndz2018 I popped almost overnight around 20 wks so it's coming, friend! There are alternate/less expensive versions on the maternity U pillows on Amazon but I went with a brand I was familiar with - the California Prop 65 warnings make me super paranoid.
    @Momifbysea just curious but besides your prenatal, are you taking B6/doxylamine and something for heartburn like pepcid? Also, sleeping with your head elevated might help with reflux. I'm so sorry you're still having all these symptoms. I feel you on the insomnia - I take afternoon/late morning naps when I can but not always possible with work.
    • How far along? 20w4d
    • How are you feeling this week? tired, a touch of bronchitis I picked up probably from work
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? not really enjoying the cough and not being able to take anything but eh, small price, right, ladies?  :)
    • Any upcoming appointments? nice little break until March
    • GTKY: Since this is Valentine’s week, do you guys celebrate Valentines Day? If so what are you gifting each other. We are terrible at scheduled celebrations - DH is out of town this week anyways
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! Below, taken just for you!

• @autumnlvs I have been sleeping with pillows against wall at 90 degrees pretty much since October. Did the same with DD. I've been taking Tums but really really am trying to avoid any other meds (just me). I also hate taking pills - I had this with my daughter too and I got through it. It is so worth it! Anyway, but 2 or 3am I can scoot myself down to just being on 2 pillows so more laying down and I do get some sleep that way, so I'm managing. Hope you get over that bronchitis soon! Hurry up spring, right?

@northbeach3 with DD they had me fast, and they did here in Kansas for my early glucose test I had to do. I'm assuming they'll probably want me to do it for this one too. I didn't find the drink that bad honestly, and I had the nausea and vomiting bad during that time but made it fine, it was just like really sweet Gatorade I thought.

@wabash15 welcome! So glad to see you here! Glad your nausea is almost gone and hopefully you can enjoy this trimester.

• @northbeach3 - with my son for the 1 hr test, my ob let me take the drink home so I just had to take it and be at her office for exactly the 1 hr mark. She told me that I didn't have to fast but I also shouldn't eat a really sugary breakfast (which I don't don anyway). I'm hoping she will tell me the same thing this time!  Thanks for all of the recommendations for Vegas. I'll let you know what we end up trying out!
    @wabash15 - welcome to 2nd Tri!
    @autumnlvs - hope you are feeling better soon!

AFM - I tried to not take my nausea meds again this week and paid the price for it yesterday. So lame that I'm still feeling this way at almost 22 weeks! Since my ob said the meds I'm on aren't harmful to the baby, I don't feel so terrible about it but sheesh little girl you are making me crazy already! lol. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @northbeach3 if you remember from before my 1hr glucose test around 11-12wks, I failed by 3 points w/o fasting. Such a horrible idea to not fast and the glucose test just caught me on the wrong day since I was eating grapes & carbs that day with limited watch intake - also not the usual me. I had to do the 3 hr glucose with fasting and I passed way below the threshold of normal every hr that was drawn. I would personally always fast from now on even for the 1 hr just to avoid the dreaded 3 hr test. Good luck! 

@autumnlvs cute bump!

@Momifbysea I took tums for the longest time for acid reflux but it just wasn’t cutting it for me anymore. I noticed it didn’t really matter what I was eating anymore and even after 4 hrs from eating, I would still have acid reflux so I settled for Zantac - I hate Meds too. 

@wabash15 welcome!
  • @wabash15 OMG! Congrats on being pregnant again!
  • *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 welcome to the group 

@Griffin5413 sorry about ur FIL behavior, I would say ignore his actions easier said than done though

@Momifbysea sorry you are still battling through nausea and heartburn. I should say I have been lucky in this aspect. As someone who had history of gastritis I expected I would be hit hard with heartburn and hunger pangs. But surprisingly I don’t have bad gastritis yet. There were few weeks in first trimester that were bad maybe the symptoms will spring back in third trimester.

@northbeach3 I had my GD yesterday, my doctors allowed me to drink the liquid at work and I went to appointment 10 min earlier so they could draw on time. I took orange flavored liquid and wasn’t that bad, it tasted like Fanta without soda in it. They didn’t instruct me to fast and I didn’t but my breakfasts are Usually simple (milk and cereal) cereal has sugar in them not sure if it is significant. 

I passed 1 hr Glucose test, such a relief I don’t have to be doing 3 hour test 
  • @Griffin5413 so frustrating about your FIL. that would drive me crazy too.
    @mrsyng I miss my daily naps but I can't seem to sleep at night if I nap too. Glad you are able to enjoy them still.
    ndz2018 I'm kinda jealous of your appointment. mine was just a doppler, i haven't seen the LO since week 9!
    momifbysea oh i'm so sorry you are still having a hard time! I hope some relief comes your way.
    northbeach3 I didn't fast for my 1 hr that i had done at 12 weeks. My NP told me just be smart on what you eat--she suggested eggs. so i ate scrambled eggs for breakfast and drank lots of water.  I passed just fine in the 1 hr. I was lucky and had an OB test during the 1 hour so my time went fast.  but i'm sure a magazine or book is fine. 
    @autumnlvs your bump is so cute!
    @wabash15 Welcome! 
    • How far along? 17+6
    • How are you feeling this week? Good, excited, happy because of the mild (20F degrees vs -30s) temps and lots of snow. i love snow!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Guess a lot of us are thinking the same thing-- i'm thinking of buying the snoogle or just lots of good pillows. we have a king (and a 70lb dog) so i think we'll all still fit. I've been using a king size pillow between the legs and hugging it but i don't think that's enough anymore. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? AS/MFM tomorrow! when i think about it i start to worry/get excited all at the same time.  So most of the time i don't think about it.  AFP/quad screening came back negative yesterday so that's a plus. 
    • GTKY: Since this is Valentine’s week, do you guys celebrate Valentines Day? If so what are you gifting each other. we don't do much, i made a reservation at our favorite Mexican restaurant but we don't really do gifts anymore.  Last year MH got us a his and hers pleasure we-vibe kit that is really fun. 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! this is a question too...when did you/do you start taking weekly pictures? I haven't taken any yet because i think it's a blump still. 
  • @blackhottamales good luck with your US tomorrow, its amazing how much they look like a real baby at that scan. With my first term pregnancy I only took a few photos sporadically. With my last I was better about taking them weekly starting at about 8 weeks... This time around I took one at 5 weeks then nothing for a month, and i've been a bit sporadic since then... I guess I would start taking them, because you can always delete later and its fun to see the progression. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 what is your due date and gender ? To add u to the list ?
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited February 2019
    @northbeach3 For my 1 hour glucose test I didn't need to fast. I was told to eat a high protein breakfast, so I made an omelet the morning of with a lot of onions (b/c I read studies how they keep sugar levels down) and mushrooms for the fiber deal to help process. Seemed to work because passed with no issues. If they give you the drink beforehand it's great so can keep cold and don't have to wait at the dr any for it. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• How far along? 27 weeks today- so crazy to see my name at the top of the list.How are you feeling this week? Feeling okay- - still just tired and have a pain in my leg from a muscle I pulled several years ago that’s bothering me- I also failed my glucose test so have to start monitoring my sugar 4 times a day. Rants/Raves? Questions?  Hate that I got GD again.  Was hoping it wouldn’t happen this pregnancy.  Any upcoming appointments?  I now have appts every week since being diagnosed with GD. GTKY: Since this is Valentine’s week, do you guys celebrate Valentines Day? If so what are you gifting each other.   Card and candy- my husband sent me flowers. Feel free to share a HDBD!!
  • @bpietronicco sorry you have GD again.

@bkatp sorry, pregnancy brain! EDD is 8/15 and we are team green with a singleton
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @bpietronicco - what a bummer about your GD test. Hopefully you can manage it with diet and monitoring. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wabash15 and @Griffin5413 thanks!  Today is my first day of finger pricking (334 more
    pricks to go). 
  • @wabash15 WELCOME!! Will you be staying team green? I always thought i wanted to do that but when we found out the sexes of our embryos and that we had 1 boy out of the 5 embryos we decided that having the boy first would be best with all those girls  ;) 

@bpietronicco UGH so sorry your failed the GD test.

@autumnlvs  Thanks for the pillow recommendations! 

@bkatp Congrats on passing your GD test!

@northbeach3 LOVE Palm Springs!! Have fun!

@Momifbysea Sorry to hear you’re still feeling so crappy. Does anything help? 

Had my 16 week doctor appointment yesterday.. all seems well. They did a blood test for I think spinal bifida and to check my thyroid. I should get the results back tomorrow. 
  • @ndz2018 yes we will stay team green. We managed to with our last 2 pregnancies... I figured after not having a traditional experience with conceiving I wanted something more traditional about the birth. There is the added bonus that it makes people CRAZY that we don't find out. I'm not sure why folks care so much but the number of people who were actually mad at us for not finding out just makes me more determined to wait. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• thanks ladies for the tips on fasting... i think i'm higher risk for GD. I made an appointment for first thing in the morning, but I know i'll realistically be hungry, so will try to do eggs with no toast/carbs. (aaah)  sadly, i have to go to an outside lab, so didn't get the drink before hand... so i guess i'll be scrolling my phone while i wait.

i bought the Queen Rose pillow during my first cycle.  honestly, its a bit more firm than I'd hoped... but you may like that to keep you in place.  i use the pillow "upside down" like a u-shape, instead of an n-shape. it's too firm for me to want to be cradled where you are intended to put your head. but i like having my feet elevated, so i having that part at my feet has been okay... i definitely look like im in a fortress. my dog likes to sleep in the "hole" :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6YE2M8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

welcome to 2nd tri @wabash15
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Hi everyone,  I still have been trying to get my wife onto the forum but she's not into it.   She's 15W today and all is going well I suppose haha besides the typical pregnancy side effects she mentions. Glad everyone is doing good here I haven't really checked on since we got through our IVF process.   Crazy experience but so glad we did it. 

• @northbeach3 that pillow looks super comfy!! Wish I had one earlier. Come 3rd tri you’ll want something more firm as it becomes more difficult rolling in / out / around the bed! 🙃
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @ndz2018 glad your appointment went well! Each milestone is a relief I think. As for anything helping, I think just eating less in the evening is the trick. Earlier in the day I seem to do better and about 8 hours after eating dinner I am able to lay back on a pile of pillows decently versus 90 degrees, so by 3am-ish I can get some sleep. I have to say, since I'm a second-time mom, that it is probably a benefit to get used to so little sleep now, haha, because I know what is coming! It is definitely an adjustment so maybe I'll just already be adjusted? Trying to put a positive spin on it!

• @bkatp that is the cutest bump! Also i love that mustard color shirt. 

• great bump @bkatp. even though i'm filling out a bit, i just like more fat/chunky. haha.  my dental assistant said, omgosh, i had no idea. i have fully transitioned to maternity bottoms/tops, so even though they hug my belly, it just looks like i've put on extra weight/fat.  in spite of that, had my fetal echo today and saw the babe.  a bit more active and measuring 4 days ahead (24+2 today, measuring 24+6) and weighing in at 1lb 9 oz!  crazy that she doubled in weight in a month!  it's getting real!

waves to @murph145! its still very cute of you to check in over here with us. glad to hear your wife is doing okay. 

@kristimh80 ugh, you're really frightening me over here. i'm having an uptick in pain/discomfort/swelling, so I can only imagine what the next 16 weeks have in store.  and yet, it seems like no time at all.

how's everyone's registry building going?  taking it day by day... DH didn't seem to into it, but i assigned him with figuring out a good baby monitor. he can geek out about that tech stuff.  i also assigned him to figure out how we do a living will.  Anyone else done this? Have tips?

• @Momifbysea I think most of us start on weekly appointments by week 36 and biweekly by week 28.  So you can think of it as visiting 2 times more,but I guess more monitoring is better
  • @bkatp I didn't remember getting weekly sonograms at week 36 with DD, so that's why I thought this was different. The nurse acted like it was something they wouldn't normally do? Anyway, yes, I am thankful for all this monitoring!
  • @mbradfo2 - the group appointment is such an interesting idea. It makes so much sense though. Sometimes I feel like my ob visits are a waste of time. They take my blood pressure, weight, ob comes in listens to the doppler, measures my belly and says everything looks good, do you have any questions and then I leave. So unless i have a list of questions there's not really anything special that happens. With my son she was worried about my blood pressure (even though it was fine) so I feel like she was more cautious but that also could have been since it was my first.
    @bkatp - I think my ob had 2 growth scans scheduled between weeks 36 -40 but my son was born at 37 weeks so I only made it through one of those. I started twice a week right around 30 weeks. 
    @Momifbysea i think with placenta previa, they like to see if the placenta moves at all. I can see where you are more worried at the same time though. I have to remind myself that my ob has dealt with so many more of any of these situations than just me so if she wants to be more cautious, i'm definitely ok with that. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker