September 2019 Moms

Group 2 (Sept 9-15) Check in w/o February 11th

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? And if you live somewhere we it doesn't snow, use your imagination 😁

Re: Group 2 (Sept 9-15) Check in w/o February 11th

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): olive

Upcoming Appointments: Today! My first ultrasound and I'm so excited to see this little one!

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous. Lots of gagging, dry heaving, and puking. Exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: DH took off today to go with me but it snowed last night and school was cancelled so now he's on kid patrol.

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: Staying inside while DH takes the kids out to play 😂
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w3d (edd 9.13.19)

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan (thanks, ovia app!)

Upcoming Appointments: 2/19

How are you feeling?: I honestly thought I had a break from all the gross symptoms over the weekend (to the point where I actually started worrying about it and preparing myself for the worst)...but last night, nausea came back with a vengeance, and it hasn't left yet. This morning was ROUGH getting myself and kiddos ready for school and work! :-/

Rants/Raves: Super annoyed that I ordered some maternity clothes from Motherhood and I'm pretty sure I ordered all in the wrong size. I pulled out my maternity clothes (in the same size I ordered) from last pregnancy, and they were all comically large. I lost a bunch of weight after having my younger daughter, but put some back on since I found out I was prego, and figured I'd be good to go. Nope. So now I have to figure out returning by mail (we don't have a store nearby) and all that jazz.

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? And if you live somewhere we it doesn't snow, use your imagination. Binge watching shows on Netflix or Hulu, haha. It's so cold here (below zero), nobody wants to be outside!
  • Loading the player...
  • UFJenUFJen member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:10 weeks , edd 9/9

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: Next week 2/20

How are you feeling?: Better recently than I have in a while, still waves of nausea and pure exhaustion. 

Rants/Raves: No complaints really, able to stay mostly active with my workouts, but pants are getting a tiny bit sung and uncomfortable.

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? And if you live somewhere we it doesn't snow, use your imagination - It snows here once a year, if that, but being that my husband is from MN and were going this week, I love going tubing. Sad I wont be able to do that this week.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w 3d 

Upcoming Appointments: 3/8

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Appetite is back for the most part, but I get full super fast so am snacking all day. 

Rants/Raves: I have been procrastinating going shopping and really need to get on that ... Down to one pair of comfortable work pants

Questions: are you doing any genetic testing? For stm + , did you for your first? I've done 23 and me health analysis so I know that I am not a carrier for most things they test mom for (at least for the variants they tested for). I'm 28 and this is my first. Midwife suggested maybe doing sequential screening. Anyway, would love perspectives on this.

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? And if you live somewhere we it doesn't snow, use your imagination 😁
    I am a child any time it snows, which is rare. I have to be outside (even for a short time when I lived in Midwest, I would be trekking around the neighborhood in negative temps). 
  • @pennylane91 We have done genetic testing with previous pregnancies and will do again. We do the combined bloodwork and NT scan. Primarily it's because DH was adopted and we have limited health history for him.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): blackberry

Upcoming Appointments: not until March 5 😔 so hard not knowing if everything is okay in there. I am banking on the fact that my symptoms persist and that must mean babe is still growing as expected.

How are you feeling?: not much has changed for me. I seem to have 1 good day for every 6 or 7 bad ones.

Rants/Raves: we started reorganizing some rooms in our house to empty out the future nursery. It gives me something to do that is exciting and positive. Can't wait to tell family so I can feel more excited!

Questions: is it worth buying a Doppler to hear Babe's heartbeat?

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? Definitely staying indoors. We've had record breaking lows the past 2 weeks. So a lot of Netflix binging. 
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • @mommyshark13 thanks! That sounds like the one that's being suggested- 2 blood draws at different time points and an ultrasound. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/12 / 9+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming Appointments: Wed! I'm so anxious for it. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty nauseated most of the time and I dry heave pretty much every morning, but I can't complain because that makes me feel a bit more sure things are going well! Very anxious still and so so tired. 

Rants/Raves: Not much to R/R about right now. It's Monday and ridiculously cold so I feel very blah. 

Questions: Nah

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? Reading a book with some tea and a cozy blanket. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w2d or 9w5d...hoping to get a solid DD next appointment

Baby is the size of a(n): penny? I'm not sure

Upcoming Appointments: Wed! I believe I am going to have blood drawn for genetic testing

How are you feeling?: Emotional, one day I'm fine next I am a raging b. Been feeling bloated and constipated last couple days too.

Rants/Raves: After finding HB on doppler I am just much more at ease...I am starting to think I might get a take home baby and not feeling like I am waiting for the other show to drop

Questions: Can it be March already?!?

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? And if you live somewhere we it doesn't snow, use your imagination. Fav activity is staying inside...I am not a cold/snow person anymore. I let DH take the kids out and play with them.
  • @mommyshark13 How did your apt go? Hope your nausea lets up soon and you find some relief

@jaykay2004 I feel like maternity clothes are all over the place with sizes. I have stuff ranging from XS-L by the same brands

@Ufjen Glad you are able to keep up your workouts. I wish it was nicer out and we could go for walks and to the park

@pennylane91 I didn’t do testing for my 1st but did for my 2nd. Just FYI if you do testing you probably won’t have a 12 week scan since the testing rules out what they look for in the scan.

@kaceyallan I would say if you’re not going to be obsessive with the Doppler it’s worth getting. Little tid bit aloe vera gel works just like u/s gel at a fraction of the cost

@zuuls_mom Hey appointment buddy! Good luck and can’t wait to hear all about it

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/14/ 9w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): green olive

Upcoming Appointments: midwife at 10 weeks for test and listen to heartbeat 

How are you feeling?: I don’t want to jinx myself, but I’m feeling pretty good! Nausea is almost nonexistent. I just have to eat CONSTANTLY! If I don’t, the hunger I get is almost painful and my stomach ties in knots, growling loudly til I eat. My measurements are all the same, except my stomach, which has grown 4 inches from bloating. I’m still tired and lethargic most of the day, but DH and I have gone for at least a mile walk every day during this crazy Seattle snowstorm. My most recent craving was mint chocolate chip ice cream (normally not a fan of ice cream) and I’ve been crazy for mac n cheese and grilled cheese.

Rants: I’m the type who likes scientific evidence to back up “rules” about what I can or cannot do in pregnancy. I’m a huge fan of tea, and so many of my herbal teas are off limits according to several sources. When I dig deeper, most claims have no backing, or are only when you ingest medical amounts of a specific herb, not a cup of tea with that herb as one of many ingredients. My instincts are telling me most of these teas are probably safe in moderate amounts.

Rave: My DH has been awesome, making me green smoothies in the morning and bringing them to me in bed, and making dinner at night. I’m very grateful to have him.

Questions: Nada

I love walking in the snow, and building snow people or forts
  • @supermom34482 It went well! One healthy gummy bear in there measuring right on track for September 14th. I have to have a repeat csection and my OB's office typically schedules them for Tuesdays so unless I go into my own labor, that's September 10th which is DH's birthday!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10w2d / 9/9

Baby is the size of a(n): Wild strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: 2/19, a week from today! It should really help to put my mind at ease (assuming that all is well in there, of course)

How are you feeling?: Mostly great. I don't want to jinx things but I think I was really lucky and didn't have much m/s at all. Right now it's mostly just all the bloat, all the visible veins, and all the general anxiousness.

Rants/Raves: DH is flying across the country to be in a wedding this weekend and will be gone Thursday-Sunday. He's been so great with things like taking the dog out and making dinner, so I'm not looking forward to fending for myself just yet  :D

Questions: None

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? The best part is getting to work from home and getting a break from my commute!
  • @supermom34482 can't wait to hear how yours goes too!  <3
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @pennylane91 I"m a STM. We did the genetic testing with our first, and I just had the blood draw last week for the progenity test this time around. We just wanted to have as much information as possible and be prepared to deal with any potential complications at birth rather than be surprised. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/15 9 weeks 2 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): Southern Pecan

Upcoming Appointments: 2/26 will be our 12 week appointment (a few days early), then we have our 12 weeks scan on 3/4. 

How are you feeling?: I was feeling no symptoms for the last few days which had me in total high anxiety - but today nausea is back with a vengeance. My 2.5 year old has had the stomach virus so I'm playing the game of, is this pregnancy related, or am I getting sick? 

Rants/Raves: My DH took a sick day today because he has a man cold as he said he "could use a day of rest". Join the freaking club. I've been caring for a sick toddler and dealing with pregnancy and not sleeping, but you need your rest. I'm just jealous. He is a true partner and really does do so much around the house/with our daughter as we both work full time and I also run a side business, so I really shouldn't get annoyed with him. Its just snowy/icy today and I would really love to be home laying in bed instead of in my office feeling awful. He's home watching movies while my in laws are there watching our daughter. 

Questions: Anyone else been terrible with remembering to take their prenatal recently?! I'm normally so good but I've been the worst lately!! 

GTKY: What's your favorite snow day activity? And if you live somewhere we it doesn't snow, use your imagination . I hate the cold, so I vote for staying in bed all day & watching TV. 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @MsBeachNJ I'm glad I'm not the only one whose symptoms come and go! It makes my anxiety ramp up, as well. FX we both get good news at upcoming appointments!
  • Appointment went very well today. Moving EDD to 10th so I'm now 10w1d. Saw baby wiggling around and moving. So amazing and cool. I feel like I can breathe more now. Also got blood drawn for testing so in 7-10 days I'll get a call that hopefully everything is low risk. 
  • Yay @supermom34482!! I’m so glad all went well!

My appt went well also! Measuring 10w but they won’t let me do the genetic blood work yet because it’s “too early” so I’m gonna call and schedule it next week.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Is it a common/normal pregnancy side effect to constantly have a runny nose? I have to blow my nose all day long and I can't determine if it's this deep freeze we've been in for 3 weeks, or just another pregnancy thing? 🤷‍♀️
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • @kaceyallan all of my pregnancies I get stuffy for most of the pregnancy and am also prone to nosebleeds 
  • @zuuls_mom it is so strange how different Dr's can be. Mine had no issues doing it yesterday. How far along do you have to be for the blood work? This is going to be a lonnnggg 7-10 business day wait...hoping to start telling people after hearing results. I would like to keep the sex to ourselves for a little while I think. We shall see :D
  • @supermom34482 I'm going to call and schedule it myself next week. I know I only need to be 10w which I am, so I don't know why he brushed me off. I'm gonna shoot for late next week so I am 11w and then only have to wait a few days until my next US.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16