Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check In Week of 2.11.19

Hoping to get this started again because I need some accountability and new ideas. I stole this form from an old TTGP Healthy Habits check in, but we can just modify as needed moving forward if this works. 

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How's it going?

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

4. GTKY: They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What is your go-to breakfast?

Re: Healthy Habits Check In Week of 2.11.19

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on?

Eating healthy. My eating is out of control lately. 

2. How's it going?

Not that good.. I ate so much this weekend, none of it healthy, and I drank a lot yesterday :( My goals for this week are not to drink alcohol, work out every day for at least 30 minutes, and to not snack after dinner. 

I did work out 6/7 days last week, so that was good. 

4. GTKY: They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What is your go-to breakfast?

My go-to breakfast lately has been avocado toast with a sliced hardboiled egg on top. I really enjoy it! 

• Loading the player...
  • @creamcheeseplease - I hear ya on the evening snacks!  That's when I crave them the most... and I have found that since starting to get on a regular workout regimen that I crave them, especially carbs, even more in the evening.... It's so hard to fight them off! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kimmer1412 which workout app do you use?
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Getting back to paleo/low carb and keep consistent with yoga

2. How's it going? the whole trains derailed this past week so trying to get back to it. Woke up early this morning for yoga and had a healthy breakfast. 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I started yoga amidst the terrible eating I did haha

4. GTKY: They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What is your go-to breakfast? Plain yogurt with some kind of berries, almond butter, chia seeds and coconut flakes. 

• @kpearse99 and @kbrown2385 yes, plain yogurt is a staple for me too! plain greek yogurt with fruit and a little granola is so good. 

@kimmer1412 I hate when my workout doesn't happen due to technology glitches! I didn't work out this morning, but I think I'm going to try to jog after I go take this test for a job I applied for. Since it looks like snow tomorrow, I want to make sure I get something done today!
  • @kbrown2385 I'll have to try that yogurt recipe!

@creamcheeseplease Go for your job today!  You'll feel so much better after you do! 
    Our TTC Journey

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Getting back to going to the gym at least 4x/week, eating healthier

2. How's it going? Well I skipped the gym this morning so...so far not great. I brought my clothes to go straight after work, so hopefully I don't talk myself out of it.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Ah man, this is hard since I've been so bad lately...skipped the gym so many days last week due to feeling sorry for myself...maybe Saturday when DH went to go get "bad" food and I ate healthy stuff we had on hand in the house.

4. GTKY: They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What is your go-to breakfast? DH and I make a breakfast casserole every weekend, so typically that unless I WFH and scramble something up. If I work out in the morning, I'll have steel cut oats or oatmeal with fruit and a bunch of other stuff.

• @kopp5988 I'm in the same boat as you with trying to cut down the drinking, especially during the week.  MH and I really enjoy a glass or two of wine a night, so it's easier said than done!
    Our TTC Journey

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Cutting back on caffeine and healthier eating

2. How's it going? I’ve cut back to 1 cup of coffee every other day and replaced it with tea which is going better than I imagined. I’ve been using myfitnesspal to get back on track with eating better, which really helps prevent me from indulging in unhealthy snacks. I don’t use it every day, but I find if I do it most days it still reminds me to think about what I’m eating.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Lost 2 lbs in the last week, which I wasn’t expecting. 

4. GTKY: They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What is your go-to breakfast? Yum I love breakfast! Lately oatmeal with fruit & almonds or eggs.. I love scrambled eggs with multigrain toast or an omelet with peppers, tomatoes, spinach & cheese. 

Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @ruby696 Check FighterDiet out! There's challenges that are closed groups with women. The support is wonderful :). That's awesome you're working out so much! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 This looks great! Did you buy the book or just start joining challenges?
  • @ruby696 I started buying the books in the beginning but did a good bit of challenges back in 2015/2016 and now getting back into them. I like being in the challenges because if you have questions you can just ask and it has a nutrition plan and workout plan within it. But I will use my old challenge books when I'm switching things up on my own! 
    TW
  • @ruby696 keto was very successful for me. I lost 61lbs in 6 months and never felt better! The one downside is you can’t go off it. It’s very easy to gain all the weight back. I’m leaning more towards a paleo way of eating. It’s not as strict as keto but still low carb, which is what works for best for me since I have pcos. 
    I am actually working on 2 things. Exercising (because I really haven't in the last 2 years) and cutting down on pop. Eventually I want to not have any caffeine. 

2. How's it going?
    I just started back in working out last week. Did 3 days of 17-20 minute HIIT (goal is every other day). As for pop I have replaced it with home made Starbucks vanilla Frappuccino, which after another week of drinking I am hoping to be done with it complete. So next week @misshelen86 you and I can be no caffeine buddies!

See above :)

My week day breakfast is approx. 1 cup yogurt with granola and 1 egg. Then I have belvita bars if I am hungry before lunch.

• @thatcma I am working on the new caffine thing too... I just really love the taste of coffee!  I've been pretty good at getting myself to 1 coffee a day and 3/4's of that is decaf with the rest topped off as regular.  So really, I'm not too far off cutting it totally out.  At this point, I really need to just cut it out completely and stop stalling.
    Our TTC Journey

• props to everyone who is cutting out caffeine. I gave up everything else that is delicious in life, i cant give up my one cup of coffee lol.
  • @kbrown2385 totally with ya! Take away everything, but DON'T YOU DARE TAKE MY COFFEE!

@ruby696 I have my bag packed but I'm getting more tired as the day goes on - odds are very low I make it tonight - this is why I have to work out before work haha! Hopefully you're going somewhere for lunch where you can at least make healthier choices! PS - teach me how to run

@thatcma are you following a certain program for HIIT workouts or are you doing it at the gym on your own?
  • thatcmathatcma member
    edited February 2019
    @b_1029 I use an app. It has specific work outs, or make your own. I made my own. See below:

ETA: spoiler for picture and words.

• @b_1029 I was never a runner when I was younger. I would try and could never stick with it. I played sports for years and always thought running had to be fast. Once I realized I just needed to get my heartrate up to the peak range, I began running at a much more comfortable pace. I'm not a fast runner (10ish minute mile), but I finally enjoy it.
  • @ruby696 I give you mad props for running, girl! I was a runner my whole life and always hated every second of it lol. The scenery was always nice, though!  :D
    TW
  • @brookert615 I should admit that I literally can't make myself do it without music. If my headphones aren't charged, I'll walk back into my office and change back into my work clothes.😂
  • @brookert615 I am with you on disliking running--I always say I will run for public transit or I will run for my life, but that's it. (I also have been known to run for my dogs when they escape & I am panicking, though running towards them usually makes them run away from me...)

@kbrown2385 I neeeeed caffeine or I get migraines-- but I don't drink coffee, I drink tea instead. Also, our go-to breakfasts are verrrry similar!

@thatcma I use pop (though I call it soda!) as a dessert--like in place of a dessert. That way I can still have it when I really want it, but also it replaces something else "bad" if you will.

@kopp5988 I am impressed by everyone's breakfast choices that require so much effort! I would probably fail miserably if I tried to make a frittata for breakfast!

AFM, I am glad to see this as a weekly post, firstly, aaannnddd: 

1. What healthy habit are you working on? I need to get back into some form of exercise. I am hoping to get back into my home yoga practice. I also would like to take more walks, but I have trouble with this. Finally, I am trying to drink "enough" water/day--64 ounces.

2. How's it going? Right now I am stalled on yoga. I don't think I will be able to get back into yoga for a few weeks, for a few reasons, but I am hoping to take even a short walk every day. The walk from my parking spot to my building happens three times a week, and yesterday I walked to the library. 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Last week was short on wins, even small ones, but I did almost meet my goal of drinking enough water one or two of the days.

4. GTKY: They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What is your go-to breakfast? I am a sucker for those Chobani flip yogurts--I *DO* try to make my own versions of them & have plain yogurt & a lot of little super healthy bits to add to it. I have to start making them in advance again so that I can bring them to school! I don't like buying the flips because of the plastic trash they create (even though we do recycle them). But they're so goooood. 

• @kagesstarshroom let me not mislead you into thinking I’m any sort of put together in the mornings. I make a frittata on Sunday evening, cut it into 4 pieces and eat it Monday-Thursday via microwave lol

Healthy habit update... Last night I had popcorn and wine for dinner.. whoops
  • @kopp5988 I had chips + queso and a margarita. Let's be better tonight! haha!
  • @kopp5988 I had that Monday night..... as a snack after dinner.  ugh!  :s   BUT I did get my workouts in!
    Our TTC Journey

• @b_1029 that sounds delicious; yes let’s be better tonight! I’m thinking cauliflower pizza, is that better? Lol

@kpearse99 well then your workout totally canceled it out lol I didn’t get to work out yesterday because the gym had a delayed opening when it wasn’t even snowing grrr

Working on cooking fresh meals more often. Using frozen or prepackaged kits. I am not the best cook but have been working on doing better. This way we eat out way less and make better choices on meals. Limit how much soda and caffeine consumption. 

2. How's it going?

Been working on this since December. And stopped drinking Red Bull back in November. 

We only ate out  once last week and my and by bf took turns making our meals. Also, I only had one bottle of soda last week. 

I have been making scramble eggs and when I want a breakfast sandwich, I make my own. 

• jennifer_louise. I love cashews. I have also been consuming more nuts as a snack versus junk foods. In the same boat as you when it comes to valentines candy at work. Too many of my close work neighborhoods have yummy chocolate sitting on their desks. But I try to keep in mind of my goals. 
  • @b_1029, that sounds like a yummy snack and drink! Haha it would be hard for me to say no to that. 
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on?  Eating keto, giving up artificial sweeteners, and getting rid of toxic products and reaching for all natural.  

2. How's it going? Good.  Down 35 lbs since November.  Eating a little too much this week, but no cheats. 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week?  Getting rid of items with BPA. 

4. GTKY: They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What is your go-to breakfast?  I have been low carb huevos rancheros with spinach. 

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? I have decided to go off refined sugar, eat more organic meats and veggies, and no fast food, cut back on gluten, and be take my supplements.

2. How's it going? The sugar thing is hard! This is day 3 and I'm having major headaches. 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? So far so good on the no refined sugar. 

4. GTKY: They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What is your go-to breakfast? I need to do better with this. I don't have a consistent go-to breakfast. I guess the closest this would low sugar yogurt. 

Glad I found this post. I'm trying to clean up my habits and it'll be nice to post and have some accountability.