Has anyone gotten started on their maternity leave plan for work?
I'm working on mine. So far I have the following elements to it:
1. Expected dates of maternity leave
2. Important projects/events that will happen during that time
3. A list of all the items I will prepare in advance before going on leave and where they will be saved
4. A contact policy on how I can best be contacted during leave
5. List of all my job duties with options on who could cover each duty
Anything I'm missing?
I'm a STM. After first maternity leave, my boss and coworkers were really impressed by how well I planned out the leave. BUT, I'm in a totally new job now. My last job was very predictable, and I pretty much just did all of my work in advance. My new job is very unpredictable, and there is very little that I can do in advance so someone is going to have to cover it. I want to make it as easy as possible on my coworkers (whom I LOVE!), but that isn't so easy here.
What are you doing at work to plan your maternity leave?