October 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating 2/13

What are we eating ladies?? 

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 2/13

• I want anything and everything salty: potato chips, goldfish crackers, movie theater popcorn. YUM. Give me all the salt!
  • I've strangely had no food aversions this go 'round. So I'm still eating the same normal stuff. Craving more sweets than normal....I may or may not have a stash of white chocolate hidden somewhere. :P

My appetite has decreased which is new. I'm just waiting for my appetite to ramp up and like my first pregnancy. 
    TTC #1 6/2011
    BFP #1 10/2012
    DS#1 born 6/2013

TTC#2 12/2013
    BFP#2 2/2019
    TWINS Baby Girl due October 20th, 2019.
       BabyGaga

• Loading the player...
  • I'm opposite, @galentine :D  I want anything sweet. Cookies, brownies, fruit, jam, muffins, give them to me now! And this is so weird because I never crave desserts! I also woke up ravenous last night around 2:30 and scarfed down a pita with hummus and chugged two glasses of water. I swear to God I'm going to gain 500 pounds in the first trimester alone.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @elle-0409, I'm a little worried about over-doing it in the first trimester too, but eating helps keep the nausea away! I'm pretty much constantly snacking. And since I'm snacking on salty stuff, I'm already bloating up like a Macy's parade balloon.
  • Give me all the greasy food 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • galentine said:
    @elle-0409, I'm a little worried about over-doing it in the first trimester too, but eating helps keep the nausea away! I'm pretty much constantly snacking. And since I'm snacking on salty stuff, I'm already bloating up like a Macy's parade balloon.
    It’s pretty common to have to eat all carbs in first tri, so the associated weight gain is there. It stabilizes come 2nd tri, so I really wouldn’t worry right now
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @galentine LOL! I force fed myself egg whites for breakfast because I need some kind of protein in my diet of pastries. I agree that eating keeps the nausea away. My friend who is in her second trimester told me not to feel bad about what I'm eating. Her doctor told her the goal is just to keep things down in the first trimester, whatever that is. If it works, eat it.
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• I could eat pasta for breakfast lunch and dinner. And butterfinger blizzards from DQ. No wonder I’ve gained 10 lbs. hopefully I’m just retaining water 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I had my first pregnancy craving this morning which was the McDonald’s breakfast. Otherwise no cravings or aversions 🤷🏻‍♀️

For the past week or two I have been making “protein boxes” (turkey, cottage cheese, walnuts and cucumbers) for breakfast since eating enough protein was a struggle last time, but that’s no fun. 
  • I literally have different cravings each day, never for anything healthy of course!!

Trying to eat healthier this pregnancy but I feel like I'm failing miserably.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• I want all the sweets!! I’d do almost anything for a brownie right now, except leave my house to get one. @elle-0409 your friend’s dr sounds very smart! 😉
  • I’ve been eating eggs and sour dough toast. Like every meal.
  • @ceclarlinetlo YAY for the buffalo chicken sandwich with ranch!! I'm also cracking up that you appear to be eating your lunch in the car, which I've been known to do myself a time or two!
  • galentine said:
    @ceclarlinetlo YAY for the buffalo chicken sandwich with ranch!! I'm also cracking up that you appear to be eating your lunch in the car, which I've been known to do myself a time or two!
    I was eating in my car 😂. I didn’t want to wait until I got home but also didn’t want to deal with getting DS in and out of his seat lol.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• All I've wanted for the past week or so is an Italian sub, but alas, lunch meat is off limits. That and french fries from Five Guys.
  • cuduebor said:
    All I've wanted for the past week or so is an Italian sub, but alas, lunch meat is off limits. That and french fries from Five Guys.
    Microwave the meat for 30 seconds. You’re more likely to get listeria from vegetables than lunch meat these days as it is
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cuduebor I loooovvvveee the Cajun fries from Five Guys. I wish it wasn’t a salt bomb though. 
  • @cuduebor I loooovvvveee the Cajun fries from Five Guys. I wish it wasn’t a salt bomb though. 
    Did somebody say salt bomb?? Maybe I need to try these then, LOL.

@ceclarlinetlo, after your photo earlier, the temptation was too strong... I had to have Chik-fil-A for lunch too 😂 It really was perfect though, hit the salty-spot and curbed my nausea all afternoon (so far anyway.... knock on wood!) So thanks for the suggestion!
  • I haven’t had any cravings per se but I think I’ve reached the point of almost everything makes me nauseous when I think about it and if I manage to think of something that sounds appetizing, it’s that or nothing. 
  • @melanier26 Exactly! All that sounded good to me was macaroni and cheese. When I got to the grocery store and stood in an aisle filled with Mac ‘n cheese, I literally cried a little. I was so happy! 
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• @nachellebeck13 I have decreased appetite this go round too and not from the nausea. So weird cuz with my least pregnancy, if anything got near my face I ate it. I also had an aversion to salad stuffs, it was rough. Needless to say I gained way too much and am hoping the lighter, healthier-eating pregnant me is going to stick around. That being said, I might have spent half hour of my ride home from the doctor today trying to decide between Taco Bell or Wendy's. Wendy's won with spicy chicken and those darn baconator fries. I think this little nugget is all about the spicy.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • hell yeah that wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich is king. 

oddly enough the only pregnancy symptom i’ve experienced thus far are rampant cravings for vegetables. i’ve been going out of my way to eat vegan and veggie bowls whenever possible (lots of beets, brussels sprouts, and avocados!) so idk maybe my body’s telling me i need something green or i’ll die of scurvy. 
  • My steak aversion from my first pregnancy is rearing it's ugly head... DH made what was probably the most perfect ribeye and it tasted so bland to me 🙃 now I'm just waiting for the "get that the hell away from me before I vomit" stage to set in 😭
  • I don't think my appetite has changed yet. I'm not feeling super hungry. Trying to eat healthy. I gained 50 lbs last time and ended up with high BP at the end, so definitely going to be more cautious with what I'm eating this time. Also, I have way worse heartburn in the past year or two, so sadly hoping that will help me keep eating small meals and less unhealthy foods that make the heartburn worse!

Last time I had a food aversion to chicken. Really hoping that doesn't happen this time. 
  • I'm trying to pack in all the things I know I won't be able to eat anymore before morning sickness truly hits, especially protein and veggies. 

• I brought a yogurt and fruit for breakfast but didn’t really feel like eating until my colleague brought in a coffee cake from Panera to share 😋
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I would say it is still pretty early for me to have many cravings or aversions. Last time they were pretty mild though so it took me a little while to realize that’s what they were. I craved French fries and watermelon (it should probably be noted here that I put salt on my watermelon), which does sound pretty darn good at the moment. I had an aversion to beef which I don’t go out of my way to eat anyway, so that worked out.

I have a bit of a decreased appetite. But, I’m trying to get some more eggs, spinach, nuts, and carrots in. That is my current goal for treating myself better this pregnancy. @rachelgreene-2 I really like your idea of the “protein boxes.”

• I was nauseous all morning and kept changing my mind about where we were going for our Valentine’s lunch. I ended up choosing Chick Fil A when we got in the car and I’m feeling better now! 
  • @melanier26 That does sound delicious! Nothing like a little Chick-Fil-A to make your day better.

Today has started off *bleh*. I wouldn't say I'm totally nauseous but just not into what I packed myself for the day. It's raining here in SoCal but the only thing that sounded remotely appetizing was a six-cheese bagel, toasted with butter and garlic&herb cream cheese. So I walked down the street to get it because otherwise I know I would have been wondering all day if it would have made me feel better (it did!!).
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @nachellebeck13 I have decreased appetite this go round too and not from the nausea. So weird cuz with my least pregnancy, if anything got near my face I ate it. I also had an aversion to salad stuffs, it was rough. Needless to say I gained way too much and am hoping the lighter, healthier-eating pregnant me is going to stick around. That being said, I might have spent half hour of my ride home from the doctor today trying to decide between Taco Bell or Wendy's. Wendy's won with spicy chicken and those darn baconator fries. I think this little nugget is all about the spicy.
    Uh, I think we had the same pregnancy. 

Nothing was safe from me when I was pregnant with my first. Towards the end though I was basically surviving on Taco Bell, frozen pizzas, and Lays potato chips. 

Now? I'm like..."it's been 5 hours...maybe I should eat?" I've lost weight, which has alarmed my husband, but I weighed myself this morning and I was back up 4lbs. 
    So lord knows. haha
    TTC #1 6/2011
    BFP #1 10/2012
    DS#1 born 6/2013

TTC#2 12/2013
    BFP#2 2/2019
    TWINS Baby Girl due October 20th, 2019.
       BabyGaga

• Mmmm baconator fries. I’m going to need some of those. I ate those on my way in for my induction with DS2 lol
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Today for lunch I had an apple, string cheese and skinny pop. The thought of anything hot made me 🤢 But I was fine eating a hot dinner tonight. Weird.
  • @cooaladolly Do tell about these baconator fries. Is it just fries with bacon on it?
  • @mimihatesyou that scurvy comment made me laugh. 🥬
  • We got married in November with only a photographer in attendance. No witnesses, just the city council lady (we just wanted the date to be our 10 year anniversary). So the party will be in July in our yard. I was browsing buzzfeed for inspiration and oh man. I want it ALL.

Also, I have been majorly jonesing for sunny side up eggs and chinese take out. We even got some yesterday for Valentine's day (sooooo romantic) and I am beyond delighted that we will have leftovers for tonight...

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Eggs! Give me all the eggs. Especially fried or scrambled. And salad, I am eating a giant salad for lunch and dinner most days. For some reason sweets are not appealing to me right now, and I normally have a huge sweet tooth. 
  • @jenferlee82 I’m so jealous. I usually love salads and had one planned for dinner tonight but I’m not sure I’ll be able to stomach it. I’m not eating totally unhealthy but wish I could manage more veggies 
  • @cooaladolly Do tell about these baconator fries. Is it just fries with bacon on it?
    Lathered in bacon and cheese!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~