October 2019 Moms

February Appointments Thread

Re: February Appointments Thread

• @jessie072817 How fun! I’ll be thinking of you too! Our updates will most like be the same time as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 4 weeks 2 days, my next appointment will be March 18th. I’m cautiously excited and nervous. 
  • I'm 5w1d.  I have a telephone appointment this week, but the exact time is TBD.  I'm hypothyroid and my OB wants to discuss the schedule for my TSH draws and possibly upping my synthroid.  My dating scan and ~8 week appointment is scheduled for 2/28.  I'm really looking forward to the scan because I think seeing my baby will help me connect and reinforce that this is real.  
  • zaraanity said:
    I’m (approx) 7w1d and have my first US tomorrow - FTM so not sure what to expect! I also have no idea what my betas are at as I haven’t had any bloodwork done yet... so going in blind, but feeling good!
    They’ll probably try abdominal first, and then if they can’t get good measurements, they pull out the other probe. That’s usually the progression. They’ll just check dates, and if you’re within 5-7 days of what they think you should be, they rarely will change your EDD.

it looks like a double blob, to be honest. They start looking like tiny babies closer to 12w
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • cmbt2 said:
    zaraanity said:
    I’m (approx) 7w1d and have my first US tomorrow - FTM so not sure what to expect! 
    They’ll probably try abdominal first, and then if they can’t get good measurements, they pull out the other probe. That’s usually the progression. 
    At less than 10 weeks my MW just pulls out the dildo cam (ie the transvaginal probe for those who haven't had the pleasure). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • First appointment booked for the 20th! It is really just a well woman visit and pap with an official  confirmation of the pregnancy per my insurance, but I was till super excited to write "CNM 2pm" on my calendar  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    edited February 2019
    cmbt2 said:
    zaraanity said:
    I’m (approx) 7w1d and have my first US tomorrow - FTM so not sure what to expect! 
    They’ll probably try abdominal first, and then if they can’t get good measurements, they pull out the other probe. That’s usually the progression. 
    At less than 10 weeks my MW just pulls out the dildo cam (ie the transvaginal probe for those who haven't had the pleasure). 
    Really? Mine does abdominal first. They only do the dildo cam as a last resort. My MFM pulls out the dildo cam for the A/S and I’m all “hahaha no.” on that pleasure

ETA- they were able to see abdominally last week at 6w but couldn’t get the measurements, so they pulled out the T/V probe. If they could have gotten measurements, I would have missed that (un)pleasurable experience. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • junebabyh said:
    Same! It's the fastest way they can see baby at that early point.

Same here. With DD1 I thought the OB would stop using the TV once we hit 12 weeks....20 weeks....28 weeks...nope. She did at some point progress to the belly wand but even at like 39 weeks the first check done was the TV.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• junebabyh said:
    Same! It's the fastest way they can see baby at that early point.

Same here. With DD1 I thought the OB would stop using the TV once we hit 12 weeks....20 weeks....28 weeks...nope. She did at some point progress to the belly wand but even at like 39 weeks the first check done was the TV.
    🙀🙀 oh no they didn’t! All my checks were done by hand. 

I got a surprise date with one at 31w the first time around (she was trying to get placenta location re cervix because it was low lying at my A/S). Now I just decline once I know abdominal can be done 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Same here. With DD1 I thought the OB would stop using the TV once we hit 12 weeks....20 weeks....28 weeks...nope. She did at some point progress to the belly wand but even at like 39 weeks the first check done was the TV.
    Nooooo!!! You don't want anything else up there at 39 weeks!
  • I am 5w2d. My first appointment is 3/11 and I’ll be 9 weeks. The wait is killing me. I just want to see my little bean!
  • emily1052emily1052 member
    edited February 2019

So I'm changing doctors and the new doc is getting me in tomorrow!  I really hope they do an ultrasound but I know a lot of places don't during the first appointment.  I'm exactly 7 weeks today.  I'm nervous about changing but I've had some rough history with my current OB.  LONG story in the spoiler if you care to read.  TW Losses Mentioned.

• She walked into the exam room and said “Well, you’re not pregnant”.  This was after a week of multiple positive pregnancy tests.  The reason I was in the exam room was because the night before I had a miscarriage (heavy bleeding and cramping).  She grabbed the “Congratulations, you’re pregnant” bag that they had just given me and set it on the counter.  Then later came back and said the (urine) test was very faintly positive.   This was my first pregnancy.  It was a blow to have to tell her that I’ve had a weeks’ worth of positive HPT’s.  
    During my 2nd pregnancy I started bleeding at about 6 weeks and went to the emergency room.  From the ultrasound they saw a collapsed gestational sac.  They sent me home saying to follow up with my doctor.  They noted that this could be a possible ectopic and the sac was a pseudo sac.  When I followed up with my doctor she said it wasn’t an ectopic.   A week later my beta’s quit doubling and she confirmed a second miscarriage.  It was close to Christmas and their office was closed that week.  She said we would do a follow up appointment on January 2nd.
    On January 1st I was in so much pain that I laid on the bathroom floor for a couple hours and I was living under a heating pad.  I was praying that the miscarriage would hurry up and be done with.  I started having pains in my shoulders and immediately called my Doctor.  She said “You’re not having an ectopic, Emily.  I’ve seen your scans.  Come in tomorrow for your appointment.”  
    My appointment was at 9am on January 2nd and I was in surgery by 11am.  It was an ectopic and I was already 9weeks.  My abdomen was so full of blood that they couldn’t do it laparoscopically.  My doctor performed the surgery and was able to save my right tube and preformed a D&C to clean everything else out.  
    Two weeks later I woke up in a lot of pain and passed out on the bathroom floor.  We went back to the hospital and they admitted me.  My Doctor wasn’t available, so I had to deal with the on-call doctor (who, if you can believe it, is worse than my doctor).  We were worried that I was still bleeding or there was a complication from the tube repair or the D&C.  Apparently, my doctor didn’t wright down in her notes that she performed a D&C during the previous surgery, so the On-Call doctor wouldn’t even investigate possible complications from a D&C.  He flat out told me, “you didn’t have a D&C”.  I mean, she told me and my husband that she performed one and trust me, if you’ve ever had one, you know.  The On-Call doctor also told me a nice story about when his wife had a little bit of internal bleeding after a surgery that she was also in a lot of pain but toughed it out….  What an ass.
    Finally, my doctor showed up after 2 days.  We decided to go back in and see what was going on.  My right tube was still bleeding and had to be removed. 
    After all that I had a decision to make.  Do I find another OBGYN or stay with her?  I mean, shit happens.  I’m not perfect either and I am still alive.  So, I decided to stay.  I told myself, if anything she KNOWS my story and what I’ve been through.  
    Fast forward a couple months.  My doctor agreed to do an HSG to make sure my left tube was open and functioning.  I read up on what to expect during the procedure, how long it should take and all the risks.  So I’m set, laying there holding my husbands hand when they start injecting the dye.  It was painful but its only supposed to last 30 seconds or so.  I’m focusing on my breathing and they are asking me to roll from side to side.  Way more than 30 seconds goes by and they inject more dye.  My doctor is concerned that they don’t see the RIGHT TUBE, the one she removed 4 months prior.  I ended up shouting at her that she removed it in January.  I didn’t expect her to remember me.  I know she see’s a LOT of patients  but I expected her to at least read through my chart before starting this procedure.  Because she didn’t she made a 30 second procedure last a lot longer.  
    I think just for my comfort, it’s time for a switch. 

• @emily1052, ummmmmm I am SUPER glad you are getting a new doctor. Your old doctor's treatment is unacceptable. Wow.
  • @emily1052 I’d be running from that doctor as fast as I could! I’m glad you are switching
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @emily1052 unbelievable! I’m happy you’re switching. 
  • @emily1052 That is so horrible, I can't even imagine how you're feeling. You absolutely made the right decision.
  • @emily1052 WTAF?! Thank God you are away from that doctor! If you feel up to it, write a review online to warn prospective patients. It's terrible that you had to go through this. *hugs*
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• To the US discussion, my OB does transvaginal for the first one. The rest (12w and after) were trans abdominal. 

@emily1052 I’m sorry for all that you’ve gone through! Definitely sounds like a good idea to start fresh with a new doctor. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @emily1052 that is insanely arseholey behavior. So happy you switched doctors. Ugh ugh ugh
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• @emily1052 I am absloutely horrified reading your story!! I am so glad you are switching. I am seriously dumbfounded that anyone could be that bad of a doctor 🤯
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @emily1052 that is absolutely insane. I cannot believe that you had to go through that, how horrible.I'm glad that you are looking for a new ob.
  • junebabyhjunebabyh member
    edited February 2019
    @emily1052 HOLY S. That is horrifying! I am shocked this woman is still in practice! And I'm with @marbellie about seeking the advice of a malpractice lawyer. You are facing an unnecessary battle because of her negligence. So sad for you, but better days are ahead with an OB who you can trust.
  • @emily1052 wtf that's insane! I'm so sorry you were treated that way 💚
  • @emily1052 I was thinking about this story all night! Question, did she ever apologize? Like after doubting you before you landed in surgery? Or after forgetting that she removed one of your tubes? Not that it matters...damage is done (physically and mentally), but just wondering. So happy you’re finding someone new! ❤️
  • 1 more hour 😬
  • @junebabyh No, she never apologized.  Not for any of it.
    I did have one of her nurses ask me once if I was going to switch doctors.  I asked her “should I?” And I think she quickly realized what she asked and told me “no, not at all, I was just wondering.”
  • Wow @emily1052! What an awful experience to have gone through! But so glad you've switched doctors. I hope your new doctor is twice as good as she was horrible!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @emily1052 like the others above, I'm glad you switched too. I hope this experience is so much more comfortable for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @emily1052 I'm so glad you switched doctors. What that doctor did is malpractice and she needs to be reported to the medical board. She should not be seeing patients or operating on anyone!!! If she was that incompetent in your case, I'm sure you're not the only one. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that!
  • How far along are you: 6w5d
    Next appointment is this thursday....ultrasound!
    I feel ok about the appt...just praying we hear a heartbeat.  I have not yet accepted that we are really adding #3 to the mix here....if I hear a heartbeat this week I think that will put me at ease. My symptoms are really kicking it up a notch this week...so I know baby is doing something in there!
  • How far along are you:
    Good question. Based off LPM I’d be 5 weeks and 3 days but I have PCOS and an IUD and my cycles run anywhere from 25-40 days. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

When is your next appointment:
    First appointment tomorrow 2/19
    After that, 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Feelings about the appointment: 
    I am anxiously waiting. Simultaneously excited and terrified. 
    *TW* possible loss discussed 
    As I said, I have PCOS and an IUD. I had bloodwork Friday and my hcg was 166.6. Normal range but pretty low for 5 weeks. I have an ultrasound at 8am at the hospital to check and see if it’s ectopic or even viable considering the circumstances. Then at 10:30 I have a follow up with my OB who will remove my IUD regardless because obviously it’s not doing it’s job. 
    If this pregnancy is viable, I was told there’s about a 50/50 chance that having my IUD removed will result in immediate miscarriage but those odds go up to like 70 or 80% chance if we decide to leave it it. 
    *end TW* 

Praying for good news so we can move on and enjoy this time.