Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 2/11

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What was the first car you owned?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 2/11

• @celticknotfire I'm there with you girl. I stayed quiet last week too.. and it is hard to come and see certain posts here. I hope your appointment goes well on Wednesday. <3

Diagnosis (if you've been): LP defect, possible endo

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WFAF

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): IVF

How are things going?: Just waiting on AF.... she always takes her time when I actually want her to arrive.

Any questions?: N/A

GTKY: What was the first car you owned? An Oldsmobile Alero. I had it for 13 years I think, haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • @emmasemm my DH is also very excited to get to stab me, although right now it's only the 1 trigger shot lol

A close coworker of mine just.... *TW*
    Said he had a personal question for me and asked if I was pregnant because he had tried calling me about something and I didn't answer (he asked this over messaging). He's in a different state. I had told him I was on my cell phone trying to schedule a doctor's appointment which is why he then asked. He's gets all the notifications along with my boss when I have these appointments but I haven't specified what for to anyone. I let him know I'm not dying.

Can this IF stuff be over yet?? He's a really good and fun dude so I can't be too upset he would ask. I'll clue everyone in once we reach the usual announcement mark.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @celticknotfire:  last week was icky, and totally get the need to stay away a bit. 

@inthewoods23:  at least he asked in private, I guess?

@emmasemm:  I’m pretty sure I would have to draw a major flowchart to keep me on track. Hope the whole cycle goes well!

@ruby696:  hooray for getting off the bench!

@kobrien827:  ah!  Stick, stick, stick!

Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  wFAF now (BFN at 12dpo this morning). BUT - picked up my Letrozole this morning!  Need to call my doc to set up monitoring appts as soon as CD1 hits. 

How are things going?:  okay. I had such low hopes for this LoNG cycle anyway, so now just hoping that I really did O (stopped temping when I hit 45 days) and AF starts Wed or Thursday!  

Any questions?:  no. 

GTKY: What was the first car you owned?  A red Saturn coupe. LOVED that car!!
  • @ruby696 @kobrien827 @emmasemm @inthewoods23 thank you all for the warm welcome!

@kobrien827 congrats on being PUPO! Fx it's sticky!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Diagnosis: MFI

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): supplements and many of the old wives tales. I’m trying to get DH to do a supplement to help the swimmers but he has yet to open the damn bottle!

How are things going?: Frustrating cause DH says he’s ready, but won’t address the things he needs to. 

Any questions?: none as of now. 

GTKY: What was the first car you owned:
    VW Bug. Kept it for 13 years. I loved that car. 
  • @madcouplewithabox Sorry to hear that your DH hasn't started taking his supplements. It's an easy thing to do, hopefully he gets on board soon. 
  • @madcouplewithabox I pretty much have to either take DH's supplements out of the container or at least put the bottle in front of him and make a comment to get him to take them.

Sometimes it's like there's already a child in our house 😒
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I am overwhelmed by all the kind words!  I cannot thank you all enough.  It helps so much to have all of the support.

@crookshanks10 it's so funny how when you are not TTC you would love for AF to take her time but when you actually want her to come she takes her sweet time.

@b_1029 I'm sorry there were so many announcements.  Some days I avoid Facebook because I can't handle all the baby related posts.  My only real tip for the RE is to write all your questions down before because it's easy to get overwhelmed.

@nitnat007 that's great news the YH is home!

@hanshotfirst77 I am sorry for your loss and FX your HCG drops quickly so you can get going again.

@ruby696 I agree some of the one-off posts are funny but it's more the look at what I peed on posts that bother me.  Any updates on your HCG?

@kobrien827 congrats on being PUPO!  Now Friday needs to hurry up and get here!!!

@inthewoods23 I am so sorry for your bfn this past cycle.  My IUI was with injectables but that was because I didn't ovulate with letrozole and clomid thinned my lining too much.  I haven't seen any research on if they are more effective just that the odds of success improve with each IUI (up to three).

@emmasemm wow you have a lot going on!  I am so happy for you to get this ball rolling.

@lcking82 Is this your first month on letrozole? 

@prpl11butterfly I'm not sure how many cycles to use TI and progesterone for before moving on.  FX this cycle works for you so you don't have to worry about it!

@madcouplewithabox Does he take a multivitamin or any other pills?  If he does you could always set him up with a pill box.  Is it possible he is having a hard time with the MFI diagnosis?

Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @celticknotfire:  it is my first month. 
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): AMA, DOR, low AMH

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): I *think* AF is arriving.  After spotting on and off for 5+ weeks, it seems to be picking up. At least I really hope so.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Waiting for RE appointment on February 19

How are things going?: I have good days and bad, like everyone I guess.  I still find it hard to be around people some days.  I'm getting super anxious and impatient about starting our next cycle, but I'm worried the RE will say we have to wait for three cycles post D&E.

Any questions?: How many other "AMA" moms are on this board?  If you don't mind revealing age :)

GTKY: What was the first car you owned? a POS Chevette, but that thing was a little tank!

@celticknotfire I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough time last week.  I have days/weeks where I have to step away from everything TTC too.

@b_1029 If you have any questions about your RE appointment, feel free to ask me!  I have made many, many  long lists of questions for mine :)

@Nitnat007 Yay for H being home!  I hope your FIL's prognosis is looking up.

@ruby696 Looks like we're going to be cycle buddies ;)  I never thought I'd be so excited to see AF.

@kobrien827 Congrats on being PUPO and good luck on Friday! 

@inthewoods23 I'm so guilty of doing IVF math too.  Ëven if we are able to cycle quickly, and it works, I'll already be 42 when I deliver, on and on and on"!" Also, strange question from your coworker!

@hanshotfirst77 I'm sorry that you're here, but welcome to the board.

• @bakerstreetboys:  *raises an AMA hand*. I’ll be 37 in march!  @nitnat007:  agree with fighting panicky feelings, too - usually able to talk myself off ledge, but doesn’t help when all my friends’ husbands are getting vasectomies b/c they’re “done.”
  • @nitnat007 yay I'm glad YH is finally home! I never commented on it in the randoms thread, but I am sorry to hear about your FIL. I'm happy to see he's in good spirits despite everything and your MIL is behaving herself. 

@hanshotfirst77 welcome, but I'm sorry you find yourself here and for your loss.

@ruby696 I'm a day late, but how'd the blood draw go? Hopefully they're at 0 so you can get off the bench ASAP!

@kobrien827 I'm so excited for you! keeping everything crossed for your beta on Friday! Congrats on being PUPO :) 

@emmasemm thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to check those podcasts out. We've been to the RE once but this will be a different one, so I'm basically going to treat this like our first. Dang, I have no idea how you keep that all straight! I hope everything goes well!  

@lcking82 hopefully the Letrozole does the trick for you and AF comes quickly so you can get started.

@prpl11butterfly how DARE you prioritize work over TB?!?!?  :D still hoping the progesterone was the key this cycle. FX for your testing tomorrow! 

@madcouplewithabox totally feel you on YH. Hopefully he starts taking his supplements soon and quits being a baby!

@bakerstreetboys thank you! We've been once before but I didn't feel like it was very productive, so I'm trying to get more out of it this time. We're going to a new RE so it's basically the 1st appointment again haha. I hope AF comes soon! It must be so hard to be in limbo. 
  • @celticknotfire (btw love the username!) I’ve seen his one a day bottle in the bathroom. Not sure how often he takes it though. He was in the Navy and knew he might have some issues from it cause most of his friends have had issues TTC, so I don’t think he was real surprised by the diagnosis. DH says he wants to research the supplement first and thats why he hasn’t started. Hello dude! I’ve already done that for you and answered your million questions about it already. 

@nitnat007 that’s probably what I’ll end up doing. Just set him up with something to drink in the morning with the pill next to it. It’s just frustrating that it’s one more thing I have to do on top of everything else. Oh well.

But on a brighter note.... one of the supplements I want to try came in today *happy dance* 
  • @celticknotfire and @nitnat007I took another test this morning. NBD until the guy taking my blood asked if I was getting it done for confirmation. Uh, no. Told him they were just monitoring numbers but he didn't get it and proceeded to congratulate me. Not awkward at all... 

@bakerstreetboys Right?! Who would have thought AF would be so exciting? I'd love to be cycle buddies with you, but my spotting hasn't progressed. Hoping to get this show on the road soon.

Also, @bakerstreetboys and @nitnat007, I just turned 38. I can't even believe I'm saying that. 

@inthewoods23 Good luck this cycle!! 
  • @bakerstreetboys count me in on the AMA train!  I was just telling MH the other day how when we started I was saying I really want to be KU by the time I turn 36 (thinking that was going to be easy). Then later it was 37...I turn 37 in April so I don't think that's going to happen either.  But my RE tells me I'm still young even though I don't feel like it.

@ruby696 Ouch that sucks.  I guess it's more common for them to monitoring numbers going up but still dude listen to what your patient is saying.

@lcking82 FX for you this month!

@nitnat007 That's great news about your FIL.  I use to be a physical rehab nurse and I have seen some things that really make you stop and think about how amazing the human body really is. 
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• What do you all make YHs take for vitamins? I'm probably going to make mine do something if tomorrow isnt a good result. I mean, I take a ton so maybe he can do little something more then show up to HIO.....
  • Just lurking this week since I’m so behind on the thread* 

@prpl11butterfly I just make dh take a multivitamin and made him stop drinking energy drinks. I asked our RE and she didn’t recommend anything else for him. 
  • @prpl11butterfly mine takes a multivitamin and fish oil. I can't remember if he was already taking them when we started TTC. I try to goad him into eating healthier but so far my efforts have been pointless. 
  • @prpl11butterfly mine is taking Smarty Pants men's multivitamin. They're gummies!

I have him taking vitamin D with me but idk if he really needs it. The RE said everyone is deficient in vitamin D to some degree so I've been having him take it too.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 gummies are a good option for MH. What flavors are the smarty pants? I did not like their prentatals. Banana flavor? Gross...
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited February 2019
    @inthewoods23 I just got those for my H a couple weeks ago! 
    @prpl11butterfly I think they're berry flavored? They're all the same kind unlike the prenatals
  • @prpl11butterfly When we spoke to our RE about MH's issues, he suggested a multi, CoQ10 and a couple other things, but nothing too far out there.  We decided to go with FH Pro for men. They had everything recommended as well as some other good things that we had researched.  
  • @Nitnat007 Unfortunately this will not be our first visit with the RE...we have already done two full rounds of IVF.  I'm 41 now, so it's crunch time for us!

Thanks for raising your hands ladies, I don't feel like the only one who isn't 25 anymore!

@prpl11butterfly My RE has DH taking a men's multivitamin and vit D.

• @prpl11butterfly yes the men's one is berries as @b_1029 said. There's actually like 3 different flavors but they're all berry based.

I think their prenatals are like strawberry banana, lemon and something else. Idk, tastes good to me though!

I did the Baby & Me ones for a while but I hate how big the pills are and they taste kinda funny.

The one downside to the Smarty Pants is that you take 6 total a day so I bottle is only 20 days. The last 2 bottles I had 4 left in the container and I was like hey! There isn't 120 in here if I'm left with 4! What gives?m
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @celticknotfire I'm sorry you've had a bad week. I know TB can definitely set feelings on overdrive. 
    lcking82 I got my rx last night. I can't take it until I bleed *hopefully* from the progesterone. Do you know the course of action for yours? 
    @madcouplewithabox  my best friend had MFI and it took a few weeks of convincing to get her husband to oblige in any of the treatments/testing. She had to just sit and wait and let him figure it out, but she said he felt so ashamed and responsible and just down right guilty that she didn't want to push anything. I hope your DH can meet you halfway and open the bottle!
    prpl11butterfly I have always wanted an enclave! they are such pretty cars. I used to get them as rental cars and drool over them. Unfortunately I have the less classy version in an Acadia :) 
    b_1029 in regards to your TW spoiler box... same here, every one is popping out of the woods 

A little late, but I've been just trying to keep my head above drowning in my feelings lol

Diagnosis (if you've been): Hypothalamic Amenorrhea 

(WTO/TWW/TTA): Waiting to bleed of progesterone.. a few more days left of the rx. 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Progesterone challenge (hopefully for a bleed) then femara CD 3-7

How are things going?: Really not that great. I never knew how emotional this could be and I have not even faced the challenged of IF that long. I feel kind of empty inside and shameful that this is happening. 

Any questions?: How does one cope with the anxiety of testing and treatment? I am wound up like knots just hoping the plans that we have cooperate with my body and vice versa. How do you explain to others what's going on if they actually ask? I usually just brush it off and say "we're not ready to TTC yet" even though I'm dying on the inside. 

GTKY: What was the first car you owned? A pontiac torrent. My friends joked it was like a little minivan for me because I was at the time 16 going on 40. Old soul over here. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Little rant really quick. I’m sitting in the waiting room of my RE and is it really necessary for people to bring their babies with them?!?!  Nothing like making someone feel worse. I understand getting a babysitter can be difficult but have some compassion and consideration please 
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @flinstone-2:  I’m about 14dpo now by OPKs  (but CD60). If no AF tomorrrow, then I’ll take progesterone to kick start, assuming that I didn’t O. I’m cramping yesterday and today, so think I AM approaching AF.

Otherwise, same as you - Letrozole on day 3-7.