September 2019 Moms

Group 3 Check-In (9/16-9/22) w/o 2/11

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Interesting baby fact:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional couple?

Re: Group 3 Check-In (9/16-9/22) w/o 2/11

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9.18, 8+5

Interesting baby fact: Half of baby’s weight is from his/her head

Upcoming Appointments: Next Friday, follow-up U/S to see how the “soft tissue” next to baby is doing.

How are you feeling? Good, good. Sounding like a broken record here. 

Rants/Raves: Nice relaxing-ish weekend here. Lots of rain, and more’s on the forecast for this week. Not sure where the eff I am living because it sure doesn’t feel like CA right now. 

Questions: Nah.

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional couple?
    I love Hermione and Ron. I feel like that’s DH and I? Maybe? Lol. I’m all book smart and he’s got the street smarts.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks +1 day

Interesting baby fact: Weighs as much as a paperclip

Upcoming Appointments: End of the month!

How are you feeling? Mild nausea...like I am carsick all the time. But...

Rants/Raves: Rant - I got a terrible upper respiratory infection from MH. I am dying. That's why I haven't been on TB in days. There is honestly nothing worse than being sick like this and also having nausea. Rave: I've got nothing. I am so miserable.

Questions: Any home remedies for sickness? I have been lathering myself in Vicks, using a humidifier, eating chx noodle soup, and complaining a lot.

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional couple? Ben and Bailey from Grey's Anatomy. Lub. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cmdesigner My Dr. said I could take Sudafed and Tylenol is also super safe. Don’t tough it out if you don’t have to. I also did the netipot thingy (didn’t end up working for me - dev. septum), but so many people swear by it!
  • @lillywonderland I took Sudafed in the beginning but I stopped after 5 (!!!) days. My doc said I could also take the cough suppressant part of Robitussin. So I do that as well before bed. I think I’m just looking for a miracle. Honestly so miserable, though. I haven’t had bronchitis in a few years and I always forget how terrible it is. The humidifier is the only thing that I’ve found truly helped any but man my poor hair 😂 I look like an electrocuted poodle (short curly pixie). I was SO blocked in my sinuses that the neti pot didn’t even work. 
  • EED/weeks: 9/20, 8w3d

Interesting baby fact: baby’s hair follicles are starting to develop

Upcoming appointments: 2/28 for my first OB appt

How are you feeling? Mostly pretty good. I mainly get nauseous when I’ve gone too long between eating. That was really highlighted last Wednesday when I had a dentist appointment for a crown at 3 that wasn’t over until 5. Then I was numb and sleepy so I didn’t eat from 12 to 7. I felt like utter crap. I’m getting better at snacking to try to avoid that. 

Rants/Raves: both a rant and a rave. I’m in Dallas for some work training. It’s cold and rainy. Coming from Michigan, I thought it would be warmer. I’m also a tired pregnant introvert so I feel bad skipping a social event that others are doing right now but it’s not really my thing. And I’m feeling nest-y so I’d much rather be at home right now with MH and my kiddo. But I’m looking forward to the information I will be learning. 

Questions: How many people plan to do the NT scan? It seems like it’s not really done in my area, I’d probably have to drive an hour for it I wanted it. I don’t know if it’s reallt necessary? My first was 100% normal. I’m also not old enough to need the NIPT (I’m 32)

Favorite fictional couple: Either Nick and Jess from New Girl or Lily and James Potter

• @cmdesigner If you are congested, I swear by Afrin. I try to only use it at night since it can be addictive and you are only supposed to use it 3 days. I’ve found only doing it at night allows me to use it a few days longer and being able to sleep at night is impariative. 
  • @calliah I had to go to Dallas in September for work. It was unseasonably warm at home so I was soooo excited. NOPE! Cold, rainy, all the weathermen were like "it's unseasonably cold here". I felt so lied to about Texas  :D
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 + 5

Interesting baby fact: A tiny nose and upper lip can be seen on an ultrasound now!

Upcoming Appointments: I had an US on Friday and am still waiting to hear back from my doctor on when they want the next appt to be. Pre-pregnancy she said she would want to do repeat U/S's due to an extensive loss history, but she's only physically in the office 2 days/week and my U/S are continuously scheduled on days she's not int he office--it's a hot mess right now.

How are you feeling? Nauseous... anxious... huge (bloated)... I feel like I am already 5 months pregnant which is frustrating. I'm starting off this pregnancy much heavier than I was when I got pregnant with DS1

Rants/Raves: I want to quickly go back in time and lose 35 pounds before starting this pregnancy lol

Questions: Nadaaaa

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional couple? Hmmm.... Noah and Allie from The Notebook
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @calliah I believe I am doing the NT scan. Clearly, I know what is going on. I will check with my midwife at the end of the month but she has me going to a MFS because of my bariatric surgery (their concern is growth rate of the bean because of my smaller tummy). The MFS is doing a scan when I see her at 12 weeks. I'm going to assume that is what she is going to be doing? I also think we're going to opt in for the NIPT after I waffled about it. I'm 31, but my insurance covers it regardless of age and my husband is adamant about getting it done to "prepare if needed."
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w5d 9.19.19

Interesting baby fact: Bye bye baby tail!

Upcoming Appointments: 2/25 10 week check up

How are you feeling? Same. Tired and nauseated.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I feel fat. So much bloat, plus having started with some previous baby weight has me kicking myself a bit. 

Questions: I think I'll do the NT scan again this go if for nothing more than an U/S. Im not worried.
    Whats our ratio of FTM/STM in our week group? Seems like a bit of us STM's

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional couple? Good one! Umm... Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt from Parks & Rec, Reagan and Hendrix from this zombie book series I love, and Seth and Summer from The OC
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @lillywonderland Hermione and Ron are so adorable. Reading the books, it was so frustrating to wait for Ron to realize his feelings and act on them! Poor Hermione lol.
    @cmdesigner sorry to hear you're so sick! No home remedies suggestions here, I usually default to taking ALL the medicines. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I just won't get sick while KU. We'll see...
    @calliah hope the rest of your training goes by quickly and that you learn good things.
    @sunshine2417 I feel you on the weight loss thing. I was just getting back into a groove of cutting calories and exercising when I got KU. Oh well, we'll have plenty of time after our LOs are born. :smile: 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 17 / 9 weeks today!

Interesting baby fact: Blobby is developing taste buds!

Upcoming Appointments: still counting down to my first appointment on Feb 22

How are you feeling? Mostly good. Other than not fitting into my clothes, I don’t feel pregnant most of the time. I know it’s way too early, but I swear I’ve felt tiny flutters already. It’s probably my imagination, but sometimes I wonder if there are 2 little sparkles in there. 

Rants/Raves: I’m running out of clothes to hide my bloat/bump, which is making it hard to keep this a secret at work! 

Questions: not yet

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional couple? I’ve been re-watching the Office, so Jim and Pam. Also Johnny and Moira from Schitt’s Creek. 
  • @nda_roxybabe I'm a FTM.
    @house_of_boys the bloat is so uncomfortable! I'm glad it's winter, because I've been able to keep wearing loose/oversize sweaters and no one is the wiser.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8+2

Interesting baby fact: the tail is gone!

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow :smiley:

How are you feeling? super pregnant

Rants/Raves: I've lost 6 lbs since last week, which is a bit alarming considering I feel bloated and constipated still. Throwing up multiple times a day and unable to keep most foods down for very long. I'll be asking my ob tomorrow about medicine or something.

Questions: 

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional couple? I'm going to go old school and say Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy
  • @cmdesigner have you done the hot water and tea towel thing? (From webmd: “For faster relief, pour boiling water into a large bowl. Cover your head with a towel, lean over the bowl, and breathe in the steam. You can do this three to four times a day.”)

@calliah We are doing the NT scan/NIPT and did with DS (for ref - I’ll be 34 at this LO’s birth). IMO, it’s better to be prepared for any scenario that could arise and knowledge is power. It is a completely personal choice. I’m debating doing the panorama also just because it’s supposed to be better/more accurate than the NIPT tests. Enjoy your training in Dallas! I hope it stops raining there soon!!

@sunshine2417 The Notebook is one of my favorite romance movies - my college friends and I would watch it all the time!!

@nda_roxybabe I *think* just @cmdesigner and @themadcamel are our FTMs in this group. Soon we’ll be out of the “fat” stage of PG! Second tri is just around the corner! Agree on Ben&Leslie! Love P&R so much!!

@themadcamel That sounds awful. Sending you some good vibes so you can get some food in your belly!! Remind me again why people get pregant multiple times when they have such horrific first tri experiences?!? 😉 Lol. I know, I know - tiny baby clothes! 😆

@house_of_boys Sounds like you need a mini shopping spree!! 
  • We're telling my parents (who I see daily) tomorrow, so I am giving up trying to hide my bloat then. Work can just think I got fat or suspect something until I tell them. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 16, 9 weeks 3 days

Interesting baby fact: baby weighs as much as a penny 

Upcoming Appointments: my next appointment is the 21st. We’ll have an ultrasound and do standard blood work along with panorama

How are you feeling? Tired! 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: i’m a STM and did the horizon screening with my last pregnancy that sees if I’m a carrier of anything. It all came back clear. My OB told me I didn’t need to do it again since I had it done within the last 2 years (son is 16 months). A friend of mine was in the same boat but they had her do it again, and she ended up being a carrier for CF the second time. Would you do it again? It seems odd to me that she wasn’t a carrier the first time? 

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional couple? I’m going to have to go with Ross and Rachael from Friends