October 2019 Moms

ALL Due Date Groups Checkin!

wintersongwintersong member
edited February 2019 in October 2019 Moms
With people still joining and all the due dates clustered in the first half of the month anyway, I hope it's okay if I just start a big board wide check in for this week :) I just made up the check in really fast so if you want to add anything else please do! 

Weeks/Days: 

Rants/Raves: 

Symptoms: 

Questions: 

Gtky #1: Does your babe have siblings? (ETA: including furry ones!)

Gtky #2: Tell us about your journey to get here! 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ALL Due Date Groups Checkin!

• Loading the player...
  • galentine said:
    Weeks/Days: 6w1d

Rants/Raves: no rants. Raves: I'm still pregnant. And every day I make it is one more day closer to my appointment, where we will hopefully finally see everything is going ok!

Symptoms: everything is pretty mild so far. Mildly tired, mildly sore boobs, peeing more frequently, and last night I fainted in the shower. 😳 I hope that was a one-time deal!!

What? Fainting in the shower??? Did your DH hear you? How are you feeling?
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• @stephanie123456 I lucked out and was able to by a barely used bracelet for half the cost. I don’t know that I would have invested in one at full cost. I am sad to report that it didn’t really lower my stress levels any which is why I wanted to try it. But it was worth a try lol.

@galentine  So glad you didn’t hit your head! How scary!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• cmbt2 said:
    Weeks/Days: 6w4d

Gtky #1: Does your babe have siblings? (ETA: including furry ones!)
    2 bigger brothers- ages 4 and almost 2. No pets; we’re not animal people

Twinning here! We also are not pet people. I don't mind other people having pets, lol, but we do NOT want to care for one. And our kiddos are the same ages!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Weeks/Days: 5w4d

Rants/Raves: Loving how supportive, open, and positive this group is! You ladies make me smile

Agreed. But isn't that the way it always starts though? First month on the board: oh, you guys are the best, we are all so nice and so amazing and so wonderful. Second month people start to relax and personalities *can* start clashing. (Not necessarily! My March 2017 group was and still is pretty amazing.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry for the multiple posts. And for begin stuck in the box. The app isn't my friend today. 

It's encouraging to see others who struggled to conceive a second or third time. My family is well meaning, but the pat answer of "well, you should be grateful you have two" or "just be grateful you have one of each" was not helpful. I mean, I am grateful for my kids! But it was like I wasn't allowed to be sad about possibly not conceiving a third because I already had kids. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry for the multiple posts. And for begin stuck in the box. The app isn't my friend today. 

It's encouraging to see others who struggled to conceive a second or third time. My family is well meaning, but the pat answer of "well, you should be grateful you have two" or "just be grateful you have one of each" was not helpful. I mean, I am grateful for my kids! But it was like I wasn't allowed to be sad about possibly not conceiving a third because I already had kids. 
    I hope we don’t start to clash! I can’t stand when someone says “at least you have the 2.” UGH 
    It’s honestly one of the worst things to say to a grieving mom (grieving over a loss or infertility)! Obviously we’re grateful and love our kids more than anything. Why else would we want more?!? We’re still allowed to be sad!
  • Weeks/Days: 5w4d

Rants/Raves: Loving how supportive, open, and positive this group is! You ladies make me smile

Agreed. But isn't that the way it always starts though? First month on the board: oh, you guys are the best, we are all so nice and so amazing and so wonderful. Second month people start to relax and personalities *can* start clashing. (Not necessarily! My March 2017 group was and still is pretty amazing.)
    Meh, it was a over a year before we had a good clash 🤷🏼‍♀️ Then again, I’m usually one of the clashers due to the fact that I’m blunt, have difficulty with wording things correctly, and tend to shoot down any form of fear mongering I have knowledge on 🙈
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • cmbt2 said:
    Weeks/Days: 5w4d

Meh, it was a over a year before we had a good clash 🤷🏼‍♀️ Then again, I’m usually one of the clashers due to the fact that I’m blunt, have difficulty with wording things correctly, and tend to shoot down any form of fear mongering I have knowledge on 🙈
    My Jan17 BMB BFF is also a very blunt scientist who shoots down anything she has informed knowledge about, so I happen to think we will get along great too lol. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Weeks/days: 5w1d.... Might be 5w2d, I'm not paying that close attention at this point.

Rants/raves: I miss highly caffeinated drinks.

Symptoms: exhaustion. I took a nap yesterday and could have done the same today if my 3 year old would leave me alone. No other symptoms so far. With my first I had very few symptoms (sore boobs early on, indigestion, and back pain) the whole time so fingers crossed I get lucky again this time.

Questions: nope

GTKY #1: Baby has a three year old brother and an almost 16 year old half sister. And two furkitty siblings that'll be 7 in May.

GTKY#2: I never wanted my kids to be very far apart in age but life got in the way so we started trying last April when DS was 2 years and 4 months. We miscarried at 6 weeks in December, and now here we are. 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    edited February 2019
    @cooaladolly I don’t want to take care of them, tbh. I’m allergic to both cats and dogs, so we’d be limited on breeds. We agreed when the kids are old enough to care for it, they can get a puppy. I think I’m good for another 8-9 years 

eta- kuddos to you to responding to everyone! I always think it’s cool when someone has the patience to deal with forum codes and glitches to respond to everyone!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    @cooaladolly I don’t want to take care of them, tbh. I’m allergic to both cats and dogs, so we’d be limited on breeds. We agreed when the kids are old enough to care for it, they can get a puppy. I think I’m good for another 8-9 years 

eta- kuddos to you to responding to everyone! I always think it’s cool when someone has the patience to deal with forum codes and glitches to respond to everyone!
    Lol, all depends on the day. I mainly watched DS from the couch most of the day as I let the homemaker in me take the day off. Luckily for him, most days are the opposite. And I'm totally teasing of course on the animals, tho that's so sweet of you to be open to the kids getting one despite allergies. I actually was amazed how few ladies on here do not have pets. Soooo many fur babies! 
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @galentine, to answer your question, it probably depends on your ob, but for my first visit we did an ultrasound, some general bloodwork, and she would have done a pap if i was due for one. Then we went over in general terms what to expect for visits during the pregnancy and we set up the first trimester screening and NT scan.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar, thanks for the rundown of the 8w appointment! That seems to include everything I'd hoped, but I always feel so rushed at my OB. Hopefully this appointment feels more relaxed and offers time for questions!

@emily1052, you have my condolences for the irritability. I may be dealing with a bit of that myself 😉😂
  • Weeks/Days: 5+1
    Rants/Raves: I'm so sick of the snow. We've probably gotten more this weekend than we have in the past 9 winters combined and it's still snowing. My husband has had to take 1.5 days off and I'm really hoping tomorrow doesn't make it 2.5... Although it has been wonderful having this long weekend with him! Lol
    Symptoms: Mild nausea, fatigue, dry skin and Charlie horses
    Gtky #1: Does your babe have siblings? (ETA: including furry ones!) DS is almost 2.5! 
    Gtky #2: Tell us about your journey to get here! We got pregnant super fast with DS and while I didn't expect it to be a first time thing again, our ttc journey was much harder this time. I always wanted about 3 years apart, so we started trying hoping for a spring baby, but we're getting a fall baby instead 💚 I'm actually much more excited about there being a 3+ year gap though, so I feel like it was just meant to work out the way it did! 

• @galentine to answer your question-first app is provider specific. Generally, it’s pee in a cup, get blood work, go over how you’re feeling, and talk first tri screening. I never had an ultrasound at a first app. With my first, I didn’t get a scan until 18w. With my second, they offered the NT as a screening option so that was 12w. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:

Lol, all depends on the day. I mainly watched DS from the couch most of the day as I let the homemaker in me take the day off. Luckily for him, most days are the opposite. And I'm totally teasing of course on the animals, tho that's so sweet of you to be open to the kids getting one despite allergies. I actually was amazed how few ladies on here do not have pets. Soooo many fur babies! 
    I’m forcing my children to play together and leave me alone. LOL. Just because it’s a snow day, doesn’t mean I don’t wish you two were in daycare right now 🤣
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Weeks/Days: 4 weeks 5 days

Symptoms: Starting earlier this time :/ General nausea, lots of poop, and bloat that made me dig out my maternity leggings. Also my daughter (almost 2, still nursing) is stopping her nighttime nurse really quickly so I'm thinking all the progesterone is reducing my milk supply. 

Questions: 

Gtky #1: Does your babe have siblings? Yes! C turned 4 last week and A is 2 in March. 

Gtky #2: Tell us about your journey to get here! Nothing spectacular. It took 10 cycles of perfectly timed sex to get a bfp (including on disappointing but unconfirmed by blood test chemical pregnancy) and I didn't get my first squinter bfp until 13dpo...the day I'd normally get my period. I know others have gone through a lot longer wait, but I was starting to wonder if our family was complete and
    I’m the same ....4w5d and am still nursing my daughter. Right around the time I got my bfp, I noticed my supply tanked in half. Bc she’s only 10 months, I’ve had to start supplementing formula, which makes me sad. Not that I care about the formula but I was trying to make it to a year and let her wean naturally. I love the bond. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @junebabyh I am so with you regarding the mobile app! I want to respond to more people but I just can’t do it, I don’t see the new threads until they have grown a lot! Very annoying.