Infertility

January 2019 FET

Re: January 2019 FET

• Haha @lwalsh87, I was literally JUST talking to my DH about this. We agreed to definitely wait until we saw a HB on U/S. That’s where we MC last time, so I hope we get better news this time. 
    Our goal is to wait until we’re eight weeks since that will be a safer time for us and will give us some of that fun, “who knows?” time but also find out earlier than we would otherwise. 

Whau are you going to do??
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• lwalsh87lwalsh87 member
    edited February 2019
    @manders85-2 I want to know before the 10 week NIPT test, since that's when some people find out in general. Sometime between weeks 7-9 I guess. I think we are going to do something small for ourselves first and then something bigger for the families around April (my b-day, my mom's b-day and my mother in laws b-day) or mother's day. Not sure what to do yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited February 2019
    @manders85-2 congratulations on your beta!

AFM I had a scare this morning. I had some cramping (more than usual) last night and after I got up I noticed that I was bleeding a little. It wasn't much, more spotting probably. Of course, since I'm a nerve wreck, I didn't think for too long before I jumped in the car and went to the ER. They did the blood test and u/s to rule out the ectopic. The beta was strong, and they didn't see the bleeder on u/s. They saw the gestational sack and yolk....actually they saw 2 of them :blush:  I'm repeating the labs and u/s in three days, just to make sure everything is ok. And I will call my RE tomorrow and see what they are going to say.
  • @dukie001 bleeding had to be scary! Good idea going to the er to get everything checked out. Two!? Omg congrats!
  • @dukie001 TWO!! Omg .. did you transfer two I forget? So glad everything looks ago, I would have freaked out too. Every time I pee I check to see if there is any spotting 🤦🏻‍♀️ 
    @lwalsh87 I thought they had to wait until 16 weeks or so to find out gender.. can they find out before that? We did not do PGS so no idea what we transferee back in
    @manders85-2 nice beta rise! I totally hear you about PTSD, I’ve been having nightmares. In between weird random sex dreams 😂
  • @leilee101 mine are pgs tested. There is a test that obs do at ten weeks called nipt. I believe it tests for genetic disorders but it can also tell the sex of the baby. 
  • @dukie001, did you put in 2? That's crazy! Bleeding would totally freak me out too. I hope you're feeling better today. 

@leilee101, yeah i heard that if you do the genetic testing between 10-12 weeks, you can find out gender then before the 16 week sono. 

TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

edited February 2019
    Thank you, girls! Yes, everything is good now, no cramping, no spotting. 
    And Yeap, we put two this time. After November failed FET, I decided to up the numbers :D . Ours are not PGS tested, so I figured that at least one survives and implants, I didn't expect both to be sticky. But frankly, I'm totally happy with two, my husband said that he absolutely had faith that it would be two, and he absolutely sure that both are girls LOL
  • @ittybittybug-2 I’m so sorry. I feel your pain. 
    @manders85-2 great numbers!

this one has probably been harder than the other MC’s and CP’s. I spent the entire day yesterday in bed alternating between sleep and crying. Then my husband got me out to the park today to take a walk with the dog which was nice until we came across baby carriages and toddlers on tricycles and I lost it.
    I have one low level mosaic left and will at least see what the genetic counselor has to say about it. 
    This sucks. I’m sad. I’m mad. I feel like a failure. This whole thing is a big fat mind f*ck. 

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

suspected ectopic 10/17 - methotrexate

suspected ectopic 2/18 - methotrextate

DX - unexplained/old eggs

ER June 2017 - 13 retr, 10 fert, 5 to PGS, 1 normal, 1 mosaic

FET week of 8/13 - cancelled

• @knottienj I'm so sorry you are having a hard time, we have all been there and I know these hits never get easier. As much as we try to mitigate them, our hopes get so high - especially with a PGS embie. Has your Dr ever talked to you about an ERA? They check your endo to make sure they are timing the transfer perfectly, a small percentage of women need more or less progesterone. It's to hard to not have control over your own body, and normal to feel like you are failing - but you are actually doing the opposite. You are doing literally everything you possible can for your future family, don't give up you will get there!!
  • I'm so sorry, @knottienj. There are no words for how much a failed transfer sucks. It's such a dull, constant ache and sadness feeling. I'm so sorry you're going through it. I agree with @leilee101 's suggestion bringing up the ERA test. I was really close to doing that before this second transfer. I would have totally done it for the next one if this time didn't work. I think the part that sucks about it is doing the drugs and visits only to have a biopsy instead of the actual transfer. However, I have read a lot of things about how it changes the progesterone dosing and can help with implantation. I also agree with @leilee101 that you are literally doing everything you can. You are not a failure. You are not a failure. It's not your fault. **TW** I don't know if you are spiritual or religious, but my personal mantra for failures was, "well, I guess that may not have been the baby we've been waiting for. When I meet our baby, I'll know that's the baby we were meant to have." I know that is controversial and it's not that I didn't love each of our embabies or mc'd embies, but that's what has helped me. IDK. 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• @knottienj I'm so so sorry you have to go through this. But you are strong, and absolutely not a failure. Don't ever think about yourself that way. No weak woman would go through all this, the stress, the meds, the pain, the commitment. You did everything you could, don't blame yourself. And I'm sure you DH tells you million times how wonderful and strong you are. You went this route multiple times, that alone shows a strong will and a big heart. I know there is nothing we can say that take away your pain. I'm thinking about you <3  
  • @knottienj sending you all the love during this hard time. It’s never easy. Im sorry you have to go through this. You are not a failure. You are going all you can. ❤️

Afm, I had my second ultra sound this morning. Last week at five weeks we saw the gestational sac. This week it’s bigger and we saw a yolk sac and a blob that apparently is the baby. The doctor pointed out a little flicker. I couldn’t really see it. We tried to hear a heartbeat but it wasn’t really clear. You could see the lines suggestions a heartbeat and we heard something but, she said it’s a little too early. I’m kind of disappointed. I hope everything is ok. I excpectes to hear a good heartbeat today. I know everyone is different but the fact that some people hear a strong heartbeat at this point makes me worry. Here’s to another long week to thr next sono. 
  • @lwalsh87 don’t freak out, this is the exact reason I refuse to have an ultrasound until at least 7 weeks. The heart starts beating in between 6 and 7 weeks so it may be there at this point and it just may not be there yet. 

Is anyone thinking of popping over to the pregnant after IF board? They have weekly check ins for 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters. I’m still too nervous to go over there because I feel like that would make it official so I want to wait until my ultrasound next week. But hope to see some familiar “faces” (screens names) over there!
    edited February 2019
    @leilee101 oh I didn’t know there was such a board!I’ll be joining!
  • **lurking**

@leilee101 @manders85-2 @dukie001 OMG reading through, saw your posts and am so happy for you guys!! <3<3

• @leilee101 Feel free to join the PAIF when ready! Lots of familiar faces there that you'll know. :smile: 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• I'm so superstitious! I desperately want to go over to the PAIF board but I want to wait until our first U/S on 2/25.  *TW* this is where we found out about a MC last time so I'll be super happy to get through this hurdle! 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• @manders85-2 ditto! Last time I joined PAIF as soon as I found out and wished I hadn’t, so waiting until after I get good news next week (positive thoughts only!)
  • I'm superstitious too. I'm lurking into other boards, but very hesitant to post anything. Maybe after graduating from RE. Or when no one left on this board, I'll follow you guys over there  :)
  • Hoping and praying for you guys @leilee101, all the hugs! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• you guys are not even going to believe this. 

I have an appt next Friday with the genetic counselor about our Mosaic embie, so i call RE yesterday and tell him my period started (which it did lightly) and I want to start on the BC pills so that if the appt with the genetics goes well and we decide to move forward I will already be on BC pills to FET again. So they tell me to come in this AM for bloodwork to see where i am to start the pills. 

RE just calls. He tells me i am pregnant but my Beta is only 35. He is 99.9 percent sure that this is a doomed pregnancy. My Prog & estrogen are low so they don't think its viable and probably not where its supposed to be. I mean my Beta was 0 Friday so they told em to stop taking my meds. He said there's no point in taking my meds again now bc I would be feeding a non-viable pregnancy.

This is so crazy. So now I have to go into RE for beta again Monday. I feel like i should just take the meds again no matter what they say. It COULD be a late implant right?!?! Although I am bleeding more than yesterday.

I spoke to nurse as well and no one thinks this will pan out to be a viable pregnancy. I don't know what to do?

Leave it up to God?

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• Today is 12dp5dt

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• leilee101leilee101 member
    edited February 2019
    @knottienj whoa that is crazy! How could it be 0 on Friday and now it is positive?? I have found through this process that my doctor is usually right, even when it's news I don't want to hear. That being said, I would 100% take the medication until Monday if I were you, because you really just never know.

ETA: Ugh but I also just noticed you have a history of ectopics as well... It might be that as well with such low numbers :(
    edited February 2019
    @knottienj I would say continue meds. My nurse told me a story last year, when one of her patients tested 0 on beta, stopped meds and AF never came, she now have a healthy baby girl. May be your embryo took a ride around your uterus, tubes, and just now decided to implant. And yes, leave it to God. FX for you.
    edited February 2019
    I’m so bad with the spoilers. See the spoiler in other spoiler 😁
    So I went for sono today to my military OB. He showed me my little ones. Bean #1 measuring 6 mm, exactly 5w6d. The doc couldn’t isolate the heartbeat to listen to it, but I saw it and he counted it - 110bpm. Bean #2 is a little sniper, hiding pretty well. The doc could only see him for 3-4 sec at the time. But he is visually the same size as #1 and has a flickering heartbeat 💗 

edited February 2019
    @dukie001 Congrats! Two little heartbeats! So exciting :)
  • That's amazing news, @dukie001!! I'm so happy for you and your two little beans! yay! 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• leilee101leilee101 member
    edited February 2019
    @dukie001 omg that’s awesome! Congrats to you girl! How is everyone feeling?
    edited February 2019
    Thank you, girls! <3 I feel super tired and lazy all the time, as most of you probably are. Also, I have terrible nausea. Yesterday I was throwing up in the morning...at home...on the way to work...at work... All food looks gross to me with the exception of fruit. I'm trying to stay super hydrated.
    Does any of you have similar symptoms? I'll go shopping today and get some protein shakes with a meal replacement, just to have normal nutrients intake. I don't want to starve the babies.
    And I already don't fit in my uniform OMG. I know that I gained some weight because of all the progesterone. For some time I would just leave one button unbuttoned and cover it up with the belt. Well, yesterday I had to leave all of them unbuttoned!!!! Jesus Christ! At home I just wear sweats, but again would have to go shopping for work clothes.
    How are you guys feeling? Any upcoming appointments?
  • @dukie001 I feel you on the nausea. I have been having major food aversions as well. I could only eat potatoes for dinner two nights in a row. Have you ladies been going to bed super early as well? I can’t make it past 730/8 on some nights and that’s with a nap after work!
  • @dukie001 @lwalsh87 I haven’t been having any nausea which makes me so nervous. I want all the symptoms! Give them to me! Im just super exhausted and boobs are kind of tender but not much more. I’m also starving all the time, and if I don’t eat I get a wicked headache. My first ultrasound is Tuesday and I am crazy anxious. *TW* this is the point I found out I was going to miscarry back in August *TW*
  • @lwalsh87 I'm about the same way, around 730 my eyes are getting really heavy and I can't hold it pass 8p.m. 
    @leilee101 Looks like you have the opposite of nausea, which is a symptom as well :) When my friend was pregnant she couldn't stop eating either. Sending you good vibes and FX for u/s on Tuesday  <3 Everything will be good :)
  • Ladies, I've had this overwhelming feeling of sadness the last few days. I was really nauseous and the last two days I have felt ok. I'm scared that my symptoms are fading. To make things worse my dr isn't going to be in for my 7 week scan on Tuesday. She said a nurse will be doing my ultrasound. The nurse is new to the office. It seems like she was shadowing the doctor last week. Since last week we only saw a heartbeat flicker and weren't really able to hear the heartbeat I am nervous that this nurse won't be able to find it. Or that it just won't be beating. I really hope everything is alright. Having two miscarriages in the past is really making it hard for me to think positively. 
  • @lwalsh87 I’m right there with you girl. I know google is the devil but sometimes it can be comforting, because there are so many forums of women with similar concerns and so many assurances that symptoms come and go. Some women don’t experience symptoms at all for much of pregnancy. I’m also not able to go to my clinic for my first US on Tuesday, I have to go to the hospital I work at because my insurance is weird. I just have to keep reminding myself to not look to much into things, our bodies were made for this...  although trust me I know how hard it is when your body has failed you in the past. 
  • I'm here with you on all the worrying stuff. My appetite is coming back, don't know if it's a good thing or bad. Plus I'm having an elevated temperature - 99.2F. Why can't it be just normal pregnancy AGH...
  • Hi everyone! I’m away in the Colorado mtns for the weekend. Just 5 weeks 3 days today. Still one more week until our u/s. I’m also nervous like @lwalsh87 and @leilee101 about whether we’ll see what we need to see on 2/25. That’s where we found out about our Mc last time. I did yoga yesterday and then had some light brown spotting. Mainly when I pee, wipe or insert the progesterone suppositories. Anyone else have some brown spotting? Google says it probably isn’t a problem. Advice?
    TTC History in Spolier:

• @manders85-2 I had some spotting too and it does look brownish because it mixes up with endometrin vaginal inserts. I'. 6w3d today. I didn't freak out this second time as I did first time (when I went to the ER). I just laid down, drank some water and that's it. 
    I also have hot flashes sometimes, and nausea is back today. I bought a shake with a lot of protein and carbs in it, that way if I can't eat at least I can drink the shake and still get enough nutrients.  
    Looks like we all have u/s at some point this week. Good luck to everyone  <3
  • Thanks for the reassurance @dukie001 no more spotting after that one evening. I just feel myself getting more and more tired with everyday. 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• @lwalsh87 Thinking of you today. Hang in there.

@knottienj That’s such a strange situation! What happened yesterday?

@leilee101 Thinking of you today too!

@dukie001 congrats on the two little beans!

Sorry I haven’t been around. Needed to take some time off. Had to have a D&C last week because my numbers were going down too slowly. Been POAS occasionally waiting for the line to fade, but it’s staying stubbornly dark. Nothing can happen until it’s back to 0, and I’m staring down Christmas due dates now for my next attempt, which I really really don’t want. 😔