Success after IF
Options

Visiting from TTC... Question about IUI success after multiple failed cycles

Hello, everyone! My husband (32) and I (31) have been ttc baby #2 since January 2017. We were told we were perfect candidates for IUI since I've gotten pregnant 3 times on my own (2 were early losses) and my husband has good numbers. We've done 6 IUI cycles (all with injectables) since last May. I've also had a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy in that time to check for other potential issues (we're unexplained) and had some very minor endo removed.

All of my cycles have been great, but they've all ended with a BFN. This cycle was almost cancelled because I had so many follicles (17 in total, with between 6 and 9 of them over 15mm when I triggered), but we went ahead with IUI and I've had so much hope that I would finally get pregnant this month, but I've had horrible AF type symptoms and tested negative with a FRER this morning at 10dpo, so I'm preparing myself for the worst.

My RE swears I've just had "bad luck" and that eventually I'll have an IUI that works, but it's hard for me to see that (and IVF isn't an option for us at the moment). Has anyone here had success after 6 or more failed cycles with injectables?

Thank you so much in advance for sharing your experiences and/or any words of wisdom you might have. 

unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
miracle baby boy born march 2016
ttc #2 since january 2017; one loss in april 2017
started injectables and IUI in may 2018
IUIs #1-4 = BFN
laparoscopy november 2018 = minor endo removed from right tube
IUI #5 = BFN.
IUI #6 = chemical pregnancy
IUI #7 = BFN
IUI #8 = ?

Re: Visiting from TTC... Question about IUI success after multiple failed cycles

• Options
    Guess I was in the right place after all! Got my bfp today at 12dpo! There is hope after all!

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Options
    Back to square one. My bfp ended in a chemical pregnancy  :'( 

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no @dkv713 so sorry for your loss. Were you on progesterone for the 2ww? I've heard that helps with IUI success. From my research I've read that after 6 IUIs, your chances decrease but it doesn't mean it wont work for you. I had 4 IUIs with one chemical and the rest were negative. My Dr. Suggested moving on to IVF after 4 failed IUIs  but we are going to take a break for a few months and hope that it happens on our own. Also started exercising and eating cleaner so hopefully that will help. I've read losing a few pounds increases your fertility so I'm really trying.I def ovulated on my own this month so trying to stay positive.My friend got pregnant on a break from dr. So you never know. Good luck to you and whatever you decide to do
  • Options
    I was on progesterone suppositories but I’m switching to the oil injections this month. IVF isn’t something we can afford, but insurance covers unlimited IUIs 100% so we’re just going to keep trying. My RE thinks it will definitely happen eventually and that we’ve just been extremely unlucky so far. At this point I’ve had four pregnancies (and one baby) in the past five years.

I got pregnant with my son the cycle before I was set to have my first IUI in 2015 so I definitely believe that people can get pregnant while taking a break from all of this. 

I would also recommend acupuncture if you haven’t already tried it. I never believed it worked but my coworker got pregnant with twins her fourth IUI cycle, and she told me that’s what helped her. I did acupuncture three times during IUI cycle #6 and got my first BFP in almost 2 years that cycle.

Good luck to you!

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?