Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Treatment and Testing w/o 2/4

Re: IF Treatment and Testing w/o 2/4

• @inthewoods23 I would be torn on that one. There is a part of me that would feel like not wasting the time and going straight for the IVF and hopes to get some eggs to freeze, yet putting yourself through that if it isn't needed and can be successful with IUI too? I think if the costs aren't that great with doing an IUI, maybe giving it one more round is fair. 

@emmasemm It was such a good concert too! They made such a good performance out of "rats in the kitchen". 

@bean1818 FX for limited side effects on the clomid for you. 

@flinstone-2 I have to agree that I am surprised that you are moving to medicated so quickly. Were you medicated for your first? Welcome and Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • @nitnat007 yeah I just don't know. I feel pretty good about this IUI so maybe all this worrying about money spent and time will be pointless. DH actually drew up a chart of cost vs success rate. He wants to me to look at costs for the injectables as well as the success rate using injectables to see if it makes more financial sense to try a 3rd IUI with injectables or if we should just move on to IVF early. Seems like a lot of work though to figure that out.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • lulu1180 basically with the diagnosis I have my body has shut down reproductive function and needs a jumpstart. While provera can induce a bleed, it's not going to do so in someone with low estrogen or a lining under 4 mm. Mine is currently 3. My estrogen is high enough though. So it's like a 50/50 shot. That being said it won't make me ovulate, just shed what lining I have. and My FSH and LH need to get to levels that will allow me to ovulate on my own. Femara could jumpstart ovulate for me and a few courses might help my body get back on track. I've done all the research on it, and I know that is the proper course (or I could wait 6 months to a year for my body to reset itself) but I feel time is important to me right now... 
    nitnat007  possible *TW I was not medicated when I got pregnant with my first, but since then my reproductive hormones have flatlined because of being underweight due to BF and exercise end. My last period was the one before I conceived, so over 26 months ago. End TW*

I appreciate everyone's thoughts. I know the decision is ultimately up to me, I just feel like waiting is kind of wasting time, but I don't want to rush into anything. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Wow thank you all so much! For all the info and the support. My husband has been absolutely amazing. And he already set up a meeting with an adoption agency so I can feel comfortable with "plan B" just incase. I have CD 1 labs scheduled (if it happens). I'm not giving up I just needed some time to wallow. 

@holly321 I had two typical cycles TW***** while nursing now I've stopped a prolactin is normal  ***** now nothing for 86 days. I've been sick a few times and under a lot of stress. 

• Alright so now im extra confused because the FSH test she's talked about on the phone wasn't even listed in the labs ran, unless I'm missing it? 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited February 2019
    @daisy0322 No, it's not on there. And it should only be tested on days 2-4 of your cycle. Also, your results seem to fall within normal ranges.... Obviously I'm not a doctor, but I personally would push to see an RE given your situation. Or a different OB.

ETA: words are hard.
  • daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited February 2019
    @ruby696 I have a standing walk in appointment set up for my (hopeful) CD 2 if the provera works. I feel like she made a big  jump from we need to do a test to see if your in menopause to "i think your experiencing early menopause" Im really confused, she sounded like it was a diagnosis on the phone but now I'm not even seeing the labs she was talking about. 
    I don't know if the results are pending or if the order is pending 

• @ruby696 thanks. I feel like I maybe I misunderstood? I know she said I think your experiencing early menopause and then gave me the instructions aboutgthe walk in lab work and said there's still a possibility if conceving and sent me to the desk to make an appointment. I don't know ugh, I'm so frustrated now with all of this 
  • @daisy0322 I would seriously be finding a new OB. The fact that she would scare you like that without solid evidence is not acceptable. She cannot "think" that based on nothing. There are far, far to many variables here.
  • @prpl11butterfly I'm kind of waiting until the next set of tests. I'm just really frozen and I'm having a hard time making any decisions. I'm honestly just extremely freaked out and devastated. I've been in really intensive therapy for almost 2 years for depression and anxiety and I was finally doing really well. 
  • @dasiy0322 I'm really sorry this has been so traumatic. It's truly not fair. I wouldn't wait. I'd call around and explain what happened and see if you can get someone else to weigh in.
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited February 2019
    @daisy0322 I would also be pretty direct if you call your OB. Ask if she's making a diagnoses and if so, what she's basing it on. Ask if the labs she ran are typically used to make that diagnosis. Tell her that you're upset and confused, and that you need her to walk you through it step by step. And if she backtracks, I would call her out on it and flat out ask if there is any medical evidence at this point which would support such a diagnoses or is she fishing?

ETA: Also ask her to go through the lab report and explain what each test is for and what the result should be and what your specific result means.
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I have a follow up the first week in march after all my blood work. I trying not to worry about it. It is hard though when hot flashes wake up up all night long. I've been having hot flashes on and off since I was 12 though. 
  • Any tips for waiting on test results? Beta test tomorrow around lunch so I should have the results by 3 (so 30 hours from now at this point).

How can I stop these jitters I'm having? I'm both excited and freaking out!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23. You could try some breathing exercises but let's be real here..... lmao. It's a lost cause!
  • @inthewoods23 gosh I have no idea. I would be the same way. Do something fun with YH tonight to take both your minds off it for a little bit? 
  • @b_1029 we did that last night 🤣
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • FX so hard for you tomorrow @inthewoods23! Not much advice on how to speed the day up other than trying to stay really busy at work. 
  • @inthewoods23 No advice because I’m the worst at waiting, but Fx for you!!

I’m trying to kill time waiting for AF by doing everything possible to improve our chances. I went for my first acupuncture treatment today. Weird feeling!
  • @ruby696 thank you! My nerves are worse than yesterday! Only a few hours left until I know!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - You'll know by 3? EST?
  • @inthewoods23 Rooting for you girl! FX
  • @bakerstreetboys:  I’m really considering acupuncture, but am so nervous!  Does it hurt?
  • @inthewoods23. You’re getting there!  Fx for the best news!!
    @Icking82 no, it really doesn’t hurt at all!  It sort of feels strange at first but then I forget about the needles while they’re in. 
  • UGH! I waited 3.5 agonizing hours for that damn call!!

And for what? NOTHING DARN IT.

I took that a lot better than last time. Hope DH does okay when I give him the news later.

❤️ Guess I'll be here for at least another month!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited February 2019
    Ugh, I'm sorry @inthewoods23. I'm glad you're taking it okay and I hope YH is okay too.

Eta:words 
  • @inthewoods23 - Oh no! I've been holding my breath for you for these past few hours. Hugs!
  • @inthewoods23 bummer! Glad you’re doing ok though! 
  • @inthewoods23 sorry to hear that 

(have also been checking back...)

Drink a glass of whatever your favorite tipple is tonight
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• I’m so sorry @inthewoods23. I was so hopeful for you. Glad you’re doing ok. 

Virtual cheers tonight? 

• @inthewoods23 ugh, so sorry. <3<3
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @inthewoods23:  I’m so so sorry