Infertility

January 2019 IUI

Re: January 2019 IUI

• @sarahtothea that's so exciting! FX the new protocol works for you!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @sarahtothea great news! Keep u posted, very happy for you!!!
  • christis8christis8 member
    edited February 2019
    See below:

I had been POAS testing since Monday. Stronger line each day. Told my nurse before this morning’s blood test. She started crying. Lol. 

Beta is at 156.5. 

I am cautiously hopeful. I don’t think excitement will register for a while. 

• @christis8 so very exciting! Congrats!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @dkv713 any updates with all those follies!?!
  • @christis8 congratulations!!! 
  • Congratulations @christis8 and @sarahtothea on your bfps! 
  • @christis8 Yay! Congrats!!! ^^

Thanks everyone! I'm going in for my beta either today after work or tomorrow morning. Either way I'll have my results tomorrow afternoon. Really hoping this one sticks! 
    History: *TW Loss*

Me: 31

DH: 27

D/X: Unexplained Infertility- Unexplained Recurrent Loss

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

Feb IUI- Loss @ 7 weeks... Euploid Male

May IUI: TBD

• @sarahtothea keep us posted! Are you feeling any different? 

I’m currently in my TWW. Won’t know anything until 2/15. I feel like theyve been more aggressive with this cycle. Between the FSH and now they have me taking Progesterone suppositories during the TWW... All new to me.
  • Fantastic news @christis8 and @sarahtothea  !! 

@bmaty0214 I will know around then as well. Yeeks  :#

Interesting to hear how vastly different our insurances charge for copays with the ultrasounds. My insurance does not cover IVF at all so I will only be doing IUIs. I can't bear the thought of spending so much $ and still not having it work out. But I haven't reached that point yet so never say never?? 
  • @bmaty0214 Will do! TBH, not really? The only real "symptom" I have is not getting my period lol but it's still super early so who knows. I started progesterone this month too!

I'm hoping for good news for you! ^^ 

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @sarahtothea that makes me feel so much better right now because I feel no different than normal and I go in on Friday for my beta. Having been TTC for so long and 1 failed IUI, I keep thinking I should feel something different to be KU. Gotta keep telling myself it's okay to not feel anything!

I've had some very mild dull pain on the front-right-ish area and I'm 10dpiui so of course I'm symptom spotting like an idiot. But who knows right?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @nancinator Nice! Don’t lose hope! For all you know this one is it ! FX for us all!

I’m hoping this will be a good birthday present this year. My bday is on Valentine’s Day and I go in for my beta the following morning. 

@inthewoods23  You never know! Just a few days left for you. :)

• @inthewoods23 - I know how you feel. This cycle has been very different for me. I feel nothing. I felt nothing after the IUI and still feel nothing. I have my beta test on 2/11.
    I had my consult with the doctor today to discuss next steps. She recommends IVF but will support us if we want to do another IUI. Neither are covered by insurance. :(
    My SO and I have to really think about what we want to do next if this doesn't work. 

• @31magnolia and @nancinator ivf is not covered for us either, we did 8 (or 9) iuis. I lost tracked, because they are covered. The meds are not, so I was only able to swing 3 full months of injectables. After this month, I’m assuming I’m out but I test on Monday, we are taking a break. We looked into CNY fertility, since it’s only 3.5 hours away and you can do all testing local. iVF transfer, up to two sets, ICSI and a year of storage for 3900! Their SARTS are pretty good, better then my current place. I know they work well with travelers. Where are you guys located? Maybe look into that? Anyway hopefully you don’t have to and get a BFP!
  • 31magnolia31magnolia member
    edited February 2019
    @ispi - Thanks!! I took a look at their website and I just can't understand how they can offer those services at that rate?? It's amazing that they do, but how? It sounds too good to be true. Oh and don't count yourself out just yet. 
  • Good luck @sarahtothea on your beta. I have my fx that this one sticks for you.
  • @inthewoods23 Definitely try not to stress too much ^^ Up until (and even after) BFP my body just feels like I'm getting my period, and then I just didn't. It's near impossible to not symptom spot during TWW, you aren't an idiot at all!!! FX for your beta friday! 

FX for everyone in their TWW as well! 

AFM-
    I got my beta results from yesterday! HCG 244, progesterone 32.3! The nurse sounded super optimistic that this one might be okay! (My other CPs only made it to 125 and 40 hcg before dropping)

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @sarahtothea Woo Hoo that’s a great number! Congrats! When is your next test? 
  • @sarahtothea trying!! Lol I keep thinking I should have all these symptoms with the progesterone, but nothing different 🤷 which also makes me wonder if the progesterone is even working. I'm just taking it since it's part of the IUI protocol, not specifically because my body needs it.

Hope you keep seeing good numbers!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bmaty0214 I am going Thursday morning so I ought to have the results that afternoon! I will feel so much relief if that test goes welll!

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @inthewoods23 - I don't typically feel anything on the progesterone either. I'm trying to remember if I feel anything the first cycle when I took it. I guess I am not sure if I need it or not. My cycles are only 24 days without it. With it, I have to stop the suppositories in order to start a cycle again. 

@sarahtothea - Yay!! Those are really good numbers! 

• Did all of your doc's schedule a beta?  They told me to call them if I get a positive test on Friday... what if I don't? I'm taking progesterone and don't want to stop too soon! 
  • @clabaughk22 I would say keep taking the progesterone until you test on Friday and call them regardless of your result. Maybe they are assuming that you know to stop the progesterone if it's negative, but they really should have mentioned something.

For me, after my failed IUI, they told me to stop taking the progesterone and call them on CD1 if we wanted to do a 2nd IUI.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @clabaughk22 My doctor always schedules a beta and doesn't tell me to stop the progesterone until the blood work comes back negative. It usually takes about 4 days for me to start my cycle again. 

• Thanks everyone!!! ^^ 

@inthewoods23 You know, I was the exact same way. My progesterone numbers are always fine, but with my losses they were like "Uhhh....we don't know why this is happening, take progesterone and aspirin cause it can't hurt" lol I was surprised by how much I DIDN'T feel! Like I didn't even have mood swings (Which I experienced with both my previous BFPs) I always feel like I LOSE more than I absorb with the progesterone but it's definitely doing it's job! So don't worry too much ^^

@clabaughk22 Mine always says to do a HPT 15 days after IUI and call with a positive test or call on Day 1 of my period. We don't set up a beta until I call with a BFP. I wouldn't stop progesterone until you either get a positive HPT or get your period, just to be safe!

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• I am out this month as well. Got AF yesterday. Starting medications again on Friday. Hopefully this next round is the one for us all! 
  • @swazey2018 Awwww! FX this next one is it!!! 

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @swazey2018 sorry to hear that x hang in there  

AFM, I went in for bloodwork early morning yesterday. My progesterone level looks good and confirms I ovulated. Will find out 2/13  ... starting to feel anxious so going to a yoga class today to zen out for an hour!
  • @swazey2018 I'm sorry to hear that!

My beta is tomorrow 😬 been freaking out a little since yesterday afternoon!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 good luck! Keep us posted!
  • @inthewoods23 FX!!! Definitely let us know how it goes!!! ^^ 

Update on me:
    Got my second Beta, it was a 442, which puts me at a 63 hour doubling time. A lot less than I had hoped for! Some places say it should be 48 hours, others say 48-72 hours so I'm kinda not sure how to feel at the moment! The nurse said she "Wasn't too concerned" though so I'm going to try to believe her and stop stressing about it! I go for another on Monday and I'm hoping for a really high number!

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @sarahtothea thank you! I'm such a nervous wreck right now but it's still another hour before I'll leave to go get my blood drawn. OH BOY

Glad to see your numbers are increasing!! Hope you get an even bigger jump with your next beta!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @sarahtothea Yay to increasing numbers! I feel overall this has been a good month compared to December. Will continue to send you positive thoughts. 
  • @sarahtothea that’s great! Monday will be even better! 

@inthewoods23 Good luck today! FX!