Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL w/o 2/4

2»

Re: TTCAL w/o 2/4

• Options
    @hanshotfirst77 I think we missed each other on the s19 board. I’m so sorry you’re going thru a mmc. I’m going thru a rollercoaster of emotions because my OB misses the ectopic, I pushed for a second u/s at an imaging center (OB said I had a CP and I didn’t believe them) where they found it.

Also, I’m  a fan of your username, I must say. 
  • Options
    @dolewhipper yeah I left s19 last week. Omg that’s awful that they missed it. I’m glad you advocated for yourself though. I’m with you on the roller coaster of emotion too.

When I started spotting my RE brought me in mainly to make me feel better but up until right before the scan kept assuring me how it was probably nothing. And I knew instantly by his reaction to the scan it was bad. I was starting to think I was just obsessing and being crazy. 

Thanks lol always happy to meet another Star Wars fan 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I am so sorry for your loss and everything you are going through.  I don't have any experience with ectopic pregnancy, so I can't offer any advice. I'm glad that you advocated for yourself with your OB.   

I love your username, btw.  Dole Whip floats are my favorite Disney treat. 
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I am so sorry for your loss. I wish we didn't have to advocate so hard for ourselves. Its obviously a good thing you pushed. I have no experience with meds and hope they don't cause too many side effects for you.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @dolewhipper I am so sorry for your loss.  I am also currently at the end of experiencing a loss (due date was early Oct).  While I don't have any experience with ectopic specifically, I do have experience with taking methotrexate for an MMC (my first loss in November).  They also gave me Misoprostol in combination, which they said would increase the chances of everything clearing naturally and reduce chances of me needing a d&c afterwards.  The experience was pretty terrible for me, personally.  As soon as I took the second drug (I forget which one they gave me in the office and which one I took 12 hours later), I had cramping, heavy bleeding, and nausea.  It was pretty bad for the first 12 or so hours, and then tapered off into what I'd compare to a heavy period.  I'm not sure if the ectopic aspect changes the process significantly.  I hope you don't need surgery!  Also, I just recently learned what a dole whip was, and now I want to try one!  I was just in Orlando for work last week, too... missed my chance!  

ETA words
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for a few days - I was in Ohio for work and our flight home got delayed and then cancelled so I was there longer than expected.  So good to be home!

@kagesstarshroom - sending you all of the calming "trying not to try" vibes I can!!  It's not easy to do but it is making a whirl of a difference on my stress and BSC modes!

@dolewhipper @hanshotfirst77 and @emeraldduchess I am so very sorry for your losses.  It's never easy but we are all here for support and creepy internet hugs. <3  Thinking about you ladies!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll thank you so much for telling me your experience and I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I still haven’t experienced any kind of effects from the drug and just waiting for it to start working. It’s both frustrating and worrisome.  My dr told me it can take up to 10 days for it to start working and I’m really not wanting it to happen while at work. I have off until Monday and just want it to start doing it’s thing. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @dolewhipper oh no, i am so sad to hear your news, and esp. the way it panned out for you. I agree w/ @hanshotfirst77 that I am glad you stood up for yourself. I know you love Disney, so boo for not being able to take that trip. Glad I can be here for you both during these tough times, even tho i am sad we meet again here.

eta: 
    @shamrocandroll Thank you so much for sharing your (awful, i am so sorry,) experiences, It sounds similair to what I went thru (natrually) w/ my cp. My ob gave me the choices this time w/ the mmc: wait, drugs, or d&c, and i let MH talk me into the d&c w/ out putting out much of an opinion. I had it today, and I have been second guessing my choice all week, but 1) you sharing about yr experiences with the drugs & 2) the fact that my doc ssid everything went totally fine & 3) i feel..... i mean obvs not great but, like, physically okay, better than i thought i would (so far--- this was less than 12 hours ago). so, once more, thank you.
  • Options
    holly321holly321 member
    edited February 2019
    @kagesstarshroom, I hope you are feeling well.  I hope you continue to feel like you made the right choice.  I know it is a personal decision and what is right for one person is not for the next, but I would personally recommend a d&c with a mmc.  I have had 3 now (I needed a 2nd one with my molar pregnancy) and the recovery is generally pretty easy, and I am the type that needs the closure it gives.
    @dolewhipper, I am sorry you have to play the waiting game, it is hard.  With my 2nd loss,  I waited two weeks for a natural miscarriage to occur and every little twinge or cramp would have me running to the bathroom being hopeful and terrified it was finally starting.   I hope things progress quickly for you.  ETA, I hope you can avoid surgery.  I had to take chemo strength methotrexate with my molar pregnancy.  I don’t know which is stronger honestly.  I will tell you I had every single side effect that you can get from it, which was a surprise to my oncology nurse, they assume my autoimmune disease is what made it so bad for me.  I know my experience is different, but I am willing to answer any questions I can.
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77, I am not sure how quickly HCG levels need to drop, but I know with one loss, my obgyn wanted to check them 2 weeks after my miscarriage was occurring to see if they were regular. Imo, your levels are dropping very well.  In my experience with my molar pregnancy, I bled until my levels were 0, so imo, as long as you are still bleeding and not too heavy, that is probably a “good”sign that everything is progressing as it should.

@emeraldduchess I am sorry you are dealing with such a whirlwind of emotions. It is so hard.  It is probably best to stop temping after O, hopefully it will help you deal with your emotions.

@shamrocandroll I am sorry you and your dh aren’t on the same page as far as emotions.  My dh and I went through similar issues after my CP.  I eventually told him, that I got this was harder for me than him, but I was really struggling and felt like I was drowning and he need to understand that.  
  • Options

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  mmc 2/12 mmc turned malignant molar pregnancy 8/17 cp 12/18

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  SIL asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted baby stuff.  I thought hard about it, but said yes, and if we didn’t ever have a baby I would donate it or give it back.  Dh brought it home this week.  It was hard, but in other ways made me feel hopeful. The room that a baby may use also did not have a closet that dh added in this last week.  I really didn’t want him too, but he pointed out that he would want the closet their either way. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  Just hpt 

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show?  I could name so many.  Lost, curb your enthusiasm, Conan, game of thrones, mad men.

• Options
    @holly321 Have you watched any of the show Manifest? It came out last fall-- and it is sort of LOST-y. / I think it is brave of you emotionally to accept the baby stuff, and I am really glad that you did. Having hope is so important. ❤️ 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I haven’t seen it. I was intrigued when it first come on, and honestly forgot about it, I will have to check it out!  
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I'm sad we're meeting up here, but I am grateful for a familiar name. I hope you're doing alright and healing well.

@holly321 thank you so much for sharing. I'm feeling some burning in the back of my throat so I'm going to get that checked out today when I go to the dr.

@shamrocandroll I'm going to ask about it at the dr today, but from a quick search I don't think it would treat ectopic. From my understanding, misoprostol  softens the cervix and contracts the uterus, wouldn't help anything in the tubes. But I'll still ask, nothing has still happened and it's been 5 days :/

To add insult to injury I get a rhogam shot after work today. Yay.