Infertility

Feb 2019 FET

Re: Feb 2019 FET

• Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

@aconklin214 we are transfer buddies!

@Kriztyn I am on 3 - 2mg Estrace pills a day and taking 81mg of aspirin and a prenatal, I will start progesterone shots on Saturday.  I am not taking any other supplements but I have been drinking pomegranate juice, raspberry tea and eating lots of berries as I have read that can all help with lining and I figure it can't hurt. 

I just had a lining check US today and estrogen blood draw, and it will be my last US before the transfer. I am on CD 14 and my lining was at 9mm, I got the green light to transfer next Thursday which is always reassuring and exciting.
    **bfp & child warning***

IVF #1 - September 2012 = CP - BFN
    FET #1 - November 2012 = BFP!!!!
    DS - Born July 2013
    FET #2 - January 2015 = BFP!!!!!
    DS - Born September 2016
    IVF #2 - prep in progress, retrieval date November 2018
  • I also just got the call that I officially transfer next Wednesday! I start PIO tomorrow. I’m equally excited and nervous! Good luck ladies, hopefully February is our month!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just had my last appointment. Lining is a 8 and we have been cleared for transfer on the 7th. Start PIO and Progesterone suppositories tomorrow night. Good luck everyone ♡♡
  • @aconklin214 that's awesome! I am taking my progesterone through shots in the morning. It's always so interesting to see the different protocols. 

Wishing everyone good luck and lots of baby dust <3<3
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • @faithhopelove01 for some reason they have me doing them at bedtime. My husband is doing these ones because I can't manage to get a good angle to do it myself. He is already panicking because he has a needle phobia lol. My doctor marked injection sites this morning and then wrote good luck. He will die from laughter tomorrow night when he has to do the first injection. 
  • @aconklin214 That is hilarious! Hopefully that will help with his needle phobia! 

There are quite a few of us (5?) having transfers next week! I’m really excited (and a little nervous). Wishing everyone good luck! 

• @aconklin214 that's fantastic your doctor wrote that! My husband is doing my shots as well and I have the big permanent marker circles on my butt, for some reason my husband is looking forward to sticking me with a needle. 

@vetgirl2011 so exciting we have a big transfer week next week, so helpful to have this virtual support as we go through this together. 
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • @aconklin214 that is really funny!
    Now I’m feeling like I should have had my doc make a target on my butt! Hopefully my husband’s hitting the right spot. We are doing a combo shots and suppositories.
    So next week we have @vetgirl2011 and myself, who else am I missing? The adds on this site sometimes cut off who is posting so I know I’m missing at least one person. 
  • @char245 myself and @faithhopelove01 are transferring next Thursday 
  • @aconklin214 so weird, I had you both in my original post and poof it’s gone! So strange! But yay! So many of us next week! Somehow I’m already anxious!! 
  • Hi all. What happens after the egg retreat? How do they prepare you for the transfer? I had my retrieval almost two weeks ago, waiting for my period 
  • Hi, I’m new here! I have no children and have been TTC since Oct 2015. I’m almost 38 and have had numerous early losses so I moved on to IVF. I had my retrieval in November and sent 13 day 5/6 blasts for PGS testing, five came back normal plus I have one low level mosaic. Currently on buserelin injections and oral estradiol and go for my lining check on Feb 13th. First frozen transfer should be sometime the week of Feb 19th! Good luck to all you ladies I hope we get lots of BFPs!
  • All the best for all the February transfers! We did our first fresh transfer mid Dec 2018 but unfortunately it failed to implant. But feeling optimistic for 2019 as we start our FET natural cycle this month. Did my first day 9 blood test yesterday and looking to transfer one of two frozen embies some time the week commencing 11 Feb. Baby dust to all and may 2019 be a new year, new hope and start for all of us! Look forwarding to sharing positive outcomes for all in this thread!🙏 will be posting updates on this new FET cycle over the next few weeks.
  • My husband did my first PIO last night and it was no where near as bad as I anticipated. I iced the area for 5 minutes and didnt feel a thing. Then I put a heating pad on it. I have a silly fear of IM injections because of nursing school and avoided giving and receiving IMs a large majority of my career. My husband was a pro, shook the whole time before and after, and had to sit down after so he didn't pass out but said he can keep doing them. Here's to another 61 days of PIO 😁

@hchill0209 welcome. 5 PGS tested is an awesome. Good luck with your lining check on the 13th. 

@adaswwu I am sorry to hear about your failed fresh. Good luck and baby dust to you. February is going to be the month for us all

@knottieb6c36417c3297bb0 it seems every doctor uses a different protocol. Your best bet would be to call the nurse at your office and ask her what the expect and what comes next. I had to wait a full cycle before I could do a transfer. Nothing was discussed until I got my period after the ER and I had to have a second saline sono. Good luck ♡
  • @vetgirl2011 good luck today 😊
  • edited February 2019
    @vetgirl2011 thinking of you today sending lots of baby dust and positive vibes your way that all goes well with the transfer. 

@hchill0209 welcome to the board! Hoping for lots of BFP as well for the lucky month of February 2019! 

@aconklin214 I giggled reading your husband giving your PIO shots, it can only get easier from here on out and yes lets hope they get used to doing it since they will be at it for another 60 days or so. Mine stuck me like a pro, but the ice before and heat after helps a lot. I also make sure to try and rub after so I don't get lumps. 

It's a big week for many of us, wondering if anyone is doing anything special to gear up for transfer?

I am doing acupuncture before and after, I am also getting a relaxation massage on Tuesday night (my transfer is Thursday). I am eating healthy and trying to make some soups before the big day to have warm food on hand. I have lots of fuzzy warm socks to keep my feet warm over the 2ww  and have stocked up on pineapple core and walnuts:) I should also mention I am doing Circle and Bloom meditation for FET, I highly recommend it. 
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • @vetgirl2011 sending you all the positive vibes today!!
  • Hi all. After sending 5 blastocysts samples for genetic testing, only one came back viable for transfer. I’m so disappointed ☹️ 😔. Now, I will start preparing for the transfer. Any advices on how to increase my chances of success? 
  • Thank you for the well wishes and positive vibes! - @aconklin214 @faithhopelove01 @char245 😊

My transfer went really smoothly today! Now we wait! 

@knottieb6c36417c3297bb0 it is completely normal to be disappointed! We also had only one pgs normal embryo. My RE recommended a mock cycle with ERA testing. We did that last month. Best of luck moving forward! Remember it only takes one!  ❤️
  • @vetgirl2011 thank you! It feels good to feel the support. I am starting medications today to prepare for the transfer, they want to do it right away. Let’s see what happens
    Beat luck to you as well 🤗
  • @vetgirl2011 that's awesome. When is your beta? 

@faithhopelove01 I'm not doing anything different then usual except eating healthier and drinking tons of water. I switched to decaf coffee last week to get used to no caffeine. 

Transfer is 2 days away and I am super nervous. Weather forecast is freezing rain that morning but nothing is going to stop us from transferring Thursday. I bought a 3 pack of FRER on Friday because I know I will not be able to wait for my beta. My birthday is next Thursday, and I'm planning on POAS that morning. 

@char245 good luck tomorrow 😊
  • Thanks @aconklin214 we checked in to a hotel closer to our RE tonight because I didn’t want to worry about weather/traffic. I’m nervous and excited!!
  • edited February 2019
    @aconklin214 and @char245 I can't believe we are one day away from transfer! So exciting and nerve racking and I am also getting a bit anxious. Our weather also is calling for snow into this evening and tomorrow morning but I live about 30 minutes away from the clinic so we will try to give ourselves plenty of time to get there. This weather can't hold us back, those little embyes will want to borrow in and keep warm for the next 9 months! Wishing you both the best tomorrow and lots of luck and baby dust your way for a smooth transfer! 

I also bought HPT test and will POAS on Valentines day! How exciting for you that you will test on your Birthday and it's also Valentines day, I think that is a good sign for sure @aconklin214 :smile:

@vetgirl2011 I am so happy that your transfer went so smooth, now the fun wait time. Crossing my fingers for you and sending lots of baby dust that little embryo is settling in nicely. 

@knottieb6c36417c3297bb0 sounds like things are moving fast for you, and agree disappointment is very normal with this process, but as many of us in this group only have 1 embryo, and it only takes one <3 As for what you can do to best prepare yourself I think it's so individual and based on your clinic and experience. There is a lot out there in the community and online of what you can to do help prepare but I think having support, trying to find some way to relax through all the infertility craziness is best. I was mindful of my diet, cut out caffeine/alcohol a few weeks before transfer, I have been doing acupuncture and will do a session before and after transfer and I am also doing some meditation. I am just an anxious person and so all of this has helped me feel better about having some control while going through something that is so out of our hands.  Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust as you start this cycle! 
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • @faithhopelove01 thank you! It’s been a very stressful process and it’s definitely hard to relax. It has been a very emotional time. I’m getting massages every week, and just started the gym (maybe do yoga or something relaxing). I have not started acupuncture, feel it’s already late because my transfer will likely happen by the end of February. Should I start acupuncture now? I want to make sure I do all I can to make this work. I will also stop caffeine, and already cut out alcohol. 
    Beat luck to you!!!!
  • @aconklin214 and @faithhopelove01 good luck tomorrow!
    AFM our transfer went well! Now the waiting begins! 
  • @char245 I thought you were tomorrow, well congrats on transfer today! Glad all went well! 
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • @char245 I’m glad everything went well today! Do you think you will test at home early, or wait for the beta? 

@aconklin214 and @faithhopelove01 good luck tomorrow!! 

My beta is on Valentine’s Day, but I don’t think I can wait that long! I may test next Monday. 
  • @knottieb6c36417c3297bb0 I will also say that everyone is different and I have found acupuncture relaxing and beneficial for me during my treatments. They do recommend 3 months of treatment prior but studies out there have found benefits leading up to a transfer and doing a session before and after. Here is some info from one of the top clinics in the US: https://www.ccrmivf.com/blog/acupuncture/ I also think yoga is great, anything to reduce stress that works for you. Sounds like you are already doing what you can to prepare for a successful transfer.   
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • @vetgirl2011 I’m not a patient person by any means so I’ll be wasting lots of money POAS lol. 
  • @faithhopelove01 I will look into it! 🤗🤗
  • @char245 happy to hear your transfer went well 😊

@faithhopelove01 good luck today 😊

It's going to be an awesome month for us ladies 
  • Good morning! I had surgery on Monday to fix a csection defect. I stop the pill on Sunday and start a new transfer cycle. My next transfer will likely be March 3 or 4th. Good luck everyone! 
    We did 1 transfer that was unsuccessful in November and December’s got cancelled a few days prior due to fluid and thin lining. Can’t wait for the next transfer! 

• Transfer went perfectly. Beta is the 18th. Officially PUPO lol. Picture of my embie in the spoiler. 

• @aconklin214 glad everything went well! 
  • edited February 2019
    @aconklin214 that’s a beautiful looking embryo! Looks like it’s hatching too, was it? So glad all went well I was thinking of you this morning and sending lots of positive vibes your way!!

My transfer went well also today the drive too and from was a bit touch and go with the weather but we made it!! So I am also PUPO!! So exciting🙌💕 and I also have my beta on 2/18. Thanks for all the well wishes and support ladies.❤️
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • I am doing a FET in February, my transfer is scheduled for Feb 28th.  We started with 11 eggs retrieved and after everything we are down to 4 embryos.  I had my baseline ultrasound and blood work yesterday and started estrodiol 3x a day today.  So far I have tolerated all of the meds leading up to retrieval with mild side effects.  I'm more worried about the Progesterone in oil injections coming later this month.  Our fertility insurance does not cover the Synera patches, but we were able to get them covered (with copay) through our regular health insurance.  Has anyone used the patches and do they help with the pain of the Progesterone injections?  
  • @jepd73 I haven’t heard of the patches but I’m currently doing PIO and have had little pain from them. My husband and I were both anxious about them (he gives them to me) but they honestly haven’t been bad. My sister did ice before and a heating pad after and said that helped but I haven’t found the need to do any of that. 
  • aconklin214aconklin214 member
    edited February 2019
    @char245 thank you 

@faithhopelove01 yes 😁. My 5AA, miracle embie. I'm still amazed. I keep staring at the picture. Trying hard to stay neutral because I have had so many let downs in the past but I am allowing myself to enjoy this day. Did they give you a picture of your embie?

@jepd73 welcome. I've never heard of those patches. I was also petrified of the PIO, actually still am, but as the days pass, the shots get easier. My husband does mine. I ice the area for 5 minutes, inject, rub the area to prevent lumps, and put a heating pad on the site for 10 minutes after. I have mild muscle pain the day after, so we alternate cheeks, and I rub here and there. I also had my doctor mark the sites so my husband knew right where to go, but now he is a pro. Good luck ♡
  • edited February 2019
    Hello All! Going to get my FET done this feb, with donor eggs, as the last time (which was my first try in IVF failed) the doctor decreed, might be due to poor egg quality. Need a lot of support and encouragement from you ladies!
    Also am on Progynova 2mg thrice daily from CD 2, need to go on CD 11 for my first scan
    Worried that there was no baseline scan for me on the first day.
    Any help on this?