July 2019 Moms

Re: UO 2/7

• Loading the player...
  • @nopegoat we made the mistake of going once, pre-kids. It was the worst "vacation" we've ever taken and we vowed never to return.
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited February 2019
    @Cbeanz I went twice as a kid and all I remember was the huge crowds, crazy long lines, and being sunburned to a crisp lol.

@ameliabedelia-2 I think pinterest started out ok but definitely has become monotonous and full of unrealistic, unusable crap.

@strickland8052 I hate monogrammed clothes especially for kids. We do constant hand-me-downs so monogrammed clothes get awkward fast. We do have monogrammed backpacks and initial wall decor in their rooms. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • UO: I don't like s'mores anything.. not even real campfire s'mores 

@ameliabedelia-2 I agree but I still use it to save stuff from around the web for visual reference. I also find that sometimes searching Pinterest for hairstyle photos warrants a lot more accurate results than Google image search, since Google only seems to turn up celebrity photos more than half the time. 
  • I think chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream are disgusting. 🤢
  • I think baths/hot tubs/ anything where you’re soaking in a pool of dirty water is absolutely disgusting. That’s probably why I haven’t taken DD to a pool yet. It grosses me out because people are dirty. 
  • @jenniferjoy37, we have a hot tub and I feel the same way! I will use it a few times right after we have it cleaned/water changed, but I struggle with it, even though we maintain the chemicals and stuff. And it's only me and DH that go in. Yuck. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 we used to have a hot tub. It came with the house when we bought it, and for 2 years I think we went in a total of 2x.  DH gets stupid hot and couldn’t sit in it long, and I’m not a fan of doing things by myself let alone sit outside when it’s freezing and soak in a hot tub for an hour... 
  • I can't wait to get a hot tub! 

Also, if you're willing to pull your kids out of school, the one time I went to Disney was mid-October. My sister and I rode space mountain 5 times in a row with no wait! There is also Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios where they make the whole park into a haunted house atmosphere. It was awesome! Off season is the way to go! Seriously though, fuck the peak season. I can't handle crowds like that!
  • We got a hot tub last winter and I love it. Dh takes super good care of it and we don’t get in dirty so I never feel like it’s gross. It’s so cold here now and I wish I could use it but a baby is a fair trade for not soaking under the stars with a cider or wine for a few months. 
  • @mamanbebe, my doctor told me that I could go in for 15 mins now that I am out of first tri. I probably won't (just because I don't love, as I mentioned above), but if you like to use yours, ask your doc. You might be able to get some use out of it. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 thanks for the heads up. I read that it was ok at ~100 for short soaks but DH likes to crank the heat of course. 
  • @hakele - right?!?! You Disney haters can stay away! I will happily take my brood to Disney (cannot WAIT to take them to Disney World, they've been to DisneyLand a couple times and it is not as good). 
  • @indulgentgypsy I like Disney movies but the crowds and expense of the parks will likely keep me away
  • @indulgentgypsy I disagree completely! I think land is much better. Especially in the food department! But I also love world. I did the college program in 05. Worked at port Orleans in the gift shops. 
    But yeah, totally more for us! I’ve also done Paris, but Disney Cruises are our favorite! 
  • @hakele, that's what we are saving for, the cruise. Probably when DS is potty trained. We will take our two oldest and leave the baby with my parents. 
  • I could mostly leave hot tubs. They are nice once in a while. But a BATH?! Bubble baths and bath bombs and bath salts and quiet with wine?! So amazing. 
  • @ameliabedelia-2 agreed! I hate pinterest anymore. Everytime I try to look at nursery ideas on there, it's all the same or it is just links to stuff on Target. Google has been my go to for nursery stuff.
  • I eat my cereal dry and hate it with milk - I've probably only had it that way once or twice. The sogginess grosses me out to eat it. But I am totally fine with oatmeal, so I am just weird  :D
  • @samanthak46 SAME. I'll drink it with milk, just not in the same bowl...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • +1 for loving Disney! I am not crazed over it or anything but it brings back childhood nostalgia and I find it so much fun. Cant wait to take my kids one day and we would LOVE to do a Disney cruise. I have been to World twice as a kid, once as an adult and found April right after Easter/Spring breaks were over was a perfect time with low crowds. That or late Oct/early November. I've never been to Land and for some reason I have always though of it as not the "real" Disney lol. Maybe one day.

I also do not like hottubs. As for baths I cannot sit in one longer than 10-15 mins.

• I think milk is for baby cows. I get really uncomfortable when I see an adult human drinking cow milk.

I'm ok with cheese and yogurt but something about straight milk creeps me out.
  • @cbeanz so many people don’t realize how lactose intolerant adult humans are. It makes most people super gassy and their breath is nasty. Like I usually can tell if you consume dairy milk. 

To know my opinion on baths, when we bought our house, my one stipulation with hubby was that I would get a bathroom remodel for the master bath and get a giant soaker tub. I’m 5’10” so most tubs are just so blah because I have to choose which half of my body is in the water. So I got a 6’x3’ tub! Even DH takes baths now! Man, that thing is heaven. And it is this special material that keeps the water warmer than a traditional aluminum tub or the newer vinyl tubs.  Worth every penny. 

@canuckmomma You will not be disappointed. Our favorite vacation for relaxation! We are planning one for 2020 with baby! 
  • Absolutely love Disney!! We’re about 1.5-2 hours away, and we had passes a few years ago and went all of the time! I will say not feeling like you have to do everything in one day makes a huge difference. I would drive over at lunch time with DS, do a few rides at magic kingdom, go have dinner and then stay at a hotel. Wake up the next morning, go to the park for a few more hours, have lunch and head home. It can be very expensive, but they let you bring a lot of shit in. I’ve seen people with coolers, so if you plan it out, it doesn’t have to be super expensive. Also, fast passes are a must! 

Hot tubs are meh, but I take a bath at least once a week. Our current master doesn’t have a tub and it makes me really sad, but for now the guest bath will do. We have plans to add onto our house and number one on my list is a true soaker tub! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Here is my gorgeous tub. 

It was like a hotel bathroom before. That space I. The back is tucked into the  wall is where the toilet used to be. But is also the size the shower was. It was tiny and you had to stand just right to wash your hair. The sink was in the bedroom. It was awful if you were trying to sleep and the other person was brushing teeth. We changed it really fast! 
  • @hakele I am so jealous of your tub. We have one of those really shallow stupid tubs (in our one bathroom) that are supposedly great for kids but really they just allow alllll the water to splash out everywhere. And no one can fit in it to take a proper bath. 
  • @mamanbebe when we moved in, this house had 0 full baths. We had 3 3/4 baths. But the hall bath was just a tub with tile halfway up the wall. 
    That is the big project we need to finish before baby comes, retiling the hall bath. We had them run the plumbing as it was back to back with the new shower, so we just need to finish it now. We already did new drywall. Now I just need to finish to do the actual tile part of the job and we will have 2 full baths and 1 3/4. Big upgrade for our house! 
  • @hakele that’s so weird! It must feel so nice to be almost done. I for some reason thought we could function with 1 bathroom because we mostly did at our last house. But now with three ppl currently using the 1 bath, going on 4 I’m about to lose my mind. I dream of even just having an extra 1/2. 
  • @mamanbebe that sounds like hell. 
    But I grew up with 4 in a 1 Bath until I was 10. 
    Then we had 2 3/4 at the house we got then. The upstairs had a tub and the downstairs a shower. 
    But this was a house built in 1901. So the tub was this massive cast iron claw foot tub. Loved that tub. 
  • Just got back from Disney on Saturday.  I want to go back!!!!  DD loved every second.
  • Side topic - To you Disney lovers - What age do you think is a good age to take kids to Disney? My husband and I both hated Disney as children, but I think our toddler would love it! DH thinks we shouldn't go until she is like 7 or 8. I'm thinking it would be fun next year (when she is 3)!
  • @strickland8052, I think 5 or 6 is the perfect age. We are taking DD this year when she is 5. The whole disney princess thing is still magical, but she's old enough to make it through the day without a nap and can ride more rides. 
  • @strickland8052 My 2.5 year old LOVED every second of Disney.  Here is the major thing that can make or break Disney with a toddler, how do they handle people in masks?  If Mickey is going to scare them, wait.  My daughter was chasing around Storm Troopers, yelling "My name is Leia, you go in garbage can."
  • @strickland8052 I think 3 is a great age!! If she knows the different characters and you don’t think she would be scared, then she will love it!! If you want to do more rides than just the kiddie ones, she probably won’t be tall enough, but there’s still a ton that she can do! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Popcorn and hot tamales is a little heaven on earth!