September 2019 Moms
Options

UO Thursday, 2/7

Calling all unpopular opinions!!! 

Re: UO Thursday, 2/7

• Options
    I like male OB/GYNs better than female ones.  Once I got over the initial awkwardness of having a dude who isn't my husband up in my ladybits, I found them to be much more gentle with the actual procedures and implements.  
  • Options
    @RedBreast35 When I was younger I didn’t like a dude all up in my ladybits, but now I don’t GAF. 

I hate coffee. It’s legit nasty and makes my tummy mad. 

I also pretty much don’t like alcohol (except for some sour beers, wine that tastes like juice and some ciders).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good point, @lillywonderland.  I'm old AF, but I probably wouldn't have gone to a guy when I was younger either...  And why you gotta be the one who hates on coffee?  I really wanted us to get along...  ;)
  • Options
    @RedBreast35 I dunno, man. I just never got into it. I might have to start once this LO arrives because toddler + newborn might be a dangerous combination that will need caffeine! 🤣
  • Options
    @lillywonderland how old's your LO?  I'm also petrified about the newborn+toddler combo.  Maybe try mainlining the coffee and skip the taste buds all together?
  • Options
    @lilywonderland I've always been so jealous of people who drink and love coffee because it seems like this magical elixir where they are dead to the world and then after drinking this concoction, they receive energy to survive the day. I've never drank coffee and tea doesn't really give me that energy.... I'm just continuously exhausted and miserable about it! I need a viiiice!! hahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @redbreast35 DS is like 20mo now - he’ll be 2 in May. His school (lol, I call it that instead of daycare) isn’t accepting infants anymore so we have to pull him from the school THAT WE LOVE and switch to a new one after #2 is here (because there’s no way in hell I’m doing dropoffs and pickups in two spots). DH and I want to pull DS as soon as I go on Mat leave so we can save a ton of $$ and then send him (and #2) to a new school when I go back to work. We’re going to save so much $$ but I know I am going to struggle/need coffee going from working full time to being a SAHM for a few months. 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland We've been debating whether to pull DS (16mos) from school during maternity leave, too. The amount of money we'd save is crazy, but I'm also worried about juggling a newborn and a toddler while postpartum. And DS loves school so much that I'm afraid taking him out would be a negative change for him while he's adjusting to big bro status. So I think we're going to bite the bullet and fork out the cash.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland @sunshine2417 I'm with you on the no coffee thing. I shouldn't have to add sugar/milk to something to make it not taste like ass. Also, it makes my stomach crazy upset.

I can't think of a better UO right now, but I never thought Leo DiCaprio was cute. Everyone in grade school was obsessed with him but I think he's meh. Now, Johnny Depp on the other hand...
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 If DS’s School was still accepting infants I would 100% fork out the cash and send him to school while I was taking care of #2. There’s no way I would give up his spot for a few months. Our school has a waiting list and there’s no guarantee he’d still have a spot at the end of my mat leave. KWIM? It’s brutal here, LOL! I’m mentally preparing for it right now, so hopefully that will help!!
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I definitely know what you mean! Good luck! :)
  • Options
    @lillywonderland You just said what I wanted to say but didn't! My UO is that I hate non-traditional name spellings.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I was going to post about the names! I just don’t get some of them. I refuse to give my children “unique” spellings.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    MH and I have been mocking the name thread quite a bit. I'm all for unpopular names, but those are starting to cross a line.
  • Options
    I know it’s no longer Thursday, but I just tried a grilled cheese with mayo on the outside instead of butter and  :o I am in love. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3