Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester check in W/o 4th Feb

• How far along?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Do you consider yourself a workaholic?
  • Feel free to share a HDBD!!

Mommies to be  

@bpietronicco 5/15 BOY! 

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

@northbeach3 6/5 GIRL! 

@Momifbysea 6/9

Griffin5413 6/21   GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

autumnlvs  6/29   GIRL!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team Green

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here!

Re: 2nd Trimester check in W/o 4th Feb

• How far along? 23 + 3
    • How are you feeling this week? Good not many complaints 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Baby has been slow last week didn’t kick much. Also, generally feeling anxious not sure about what 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday for GD and regular OB/GYN
    • GTKY: Yes, I do go crazy when I don’t have work and I sometimes feel guilty for watching a movie. I am working on it though to feel better about enjoying non work life. 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! Will share it next week once I hit 24 week mark. 
  • Thanks for adding @bkatp !

• How far along? 16w4d
    • How are you feeling this week? I feel like a switch click during dinner yesterday. I feel amazing.  It might just be one day but I feel great.  No nausea, i woke up with energy, i was at a client's by 8 (I don't think that has happened in 12+ weeks). I've been really productive today at work...all good things.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Yesterday i did have a quick meltdown.  MH was teasing in his not so nice way and i just flat out balled my eyes out.  it felt good to release all of that--of course i feel stupid during the meltdown but great afterwards.  
    • Any upcoming appointments? monthly OB appointment on Wednesday. I assume they'll have me pee in a cup, check vitals and weight, hopefully check the heart beat.  It'll be nice to hear that again.  
    • GTKY: Do you consider yourself a workaholic? No, i work hard but my husband is a workaholic. I just don't car that much.  I'm productive and provide a good service but can easily say "no, i'm done today". I'm good at setting boundaries.  
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! still just blump right now...i can accent it with maternity clothes if i want but mostly i'm still just keeping it discrete.  
  • Loading the player...
    • How far along? 22+5, June 5
    • How are you feeling this week?  doing okay, less movement so less nauseous feelings. 
    • Rants/Raves? RAVE:  finally started working on registry and signed up for birthing/breastfeeding classes.  small steps, but glad to finally be building momentum.  my bump countdown says ~17 weeks left... that feels like nothing!
    • Questions? more discussion/questions about registry below.  (and breast pump)
    • Any upcoming appointments? not until next Monday for OB.
    • GTKY: Do you consider yourself a workaholic? Yes, it's terrible and something i'm working on. Always stay at work late to get stuff done (so i don't have to bring it home). But my goal was to set boundaries to leave the office by 5pm.  So far, failing miserably... but gonna try to set some timers/alarms on my phone to cue me to start wrapping up and put a pause on my work. i tell myself i'm going to have to be better when babe is here -- can't be late for pickups, etc.  need to start breaking myself of the bad habit.
    questions/discussion:
    I wanted to continue the discussion from last week regarding registries/baby showers.  I finally... FINALLY... pulled my head out of the sand and started working on tackling this beast.  We decided on an April 6th date, so now i've gotta get my invite list together as well as items on the registry.  I know many of you are STM's... but how are the FTM tackling this undertaking (or did you tackle it when a FTM)?  I'm trying to take it one major item at a time (e.g., stroller/travel system; pack n play; bottles), but there's just sooooo much to research and choose between.  although i asked for recommendations in my announcement email, most people haven't been too specific -- just one friend who said the rock-n-play is an absolute must. 

also, i feel like i've seen a few threads about best breast pumps.  am i to understand that this will be provided by my insurance? how do i go about finding what i'm eligible for? i feel like i can't make decisions about breastmilk storage options until i know what kind I'll get.

any ladies considering cloth diapers? i'm considering it, but need a 101 course!

STM, what are some of your other must-haves? words of caution/registry wisdom?
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• How far along? 25+ 5
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired- always tired.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Wish it wasn’t so uncomfortable to bend down.  Failed my 1 hour glucose so have a 3 hour this week.  Had GD with my first So anticipating I may have it with this little guy too. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Glucose test Wednesday, OB appt on 12th. Had repeat anatomy scan and all looked great!!
    • GTKY: Do you consider yourself a workaholic? Yes and no- I say yes to everything and then get overwhelmed by all I have to do!!!! But will work hours to get something done and right.
    @northbeach3
    for Breastpumps - I called my insurance and they gave me companies to go through.  I am currently going through Aeroflow online and they help coordinate everything through your insurance. 

For registry for my first (she will be 6 in August) I used the baby bargains book- it is fantastic and breaks everything down for you into categories and gives you the lowdown.  I highly recommend it.  And also took the advice that you don’t need everything on the registry list that you get at the store when registering! 
    • How far along? 15weeks 3 days
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty ok but not having those energy bursts your meant to have in 2nd tri
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Not this week. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next week another cervix check! 
    • GTKY: Do you consider yourself a workaholic? I did and was one until I had my first daughter. I was constantly working late, weekends, on holidays, but I loved what i did. Then came the baby and my life just changed and priorities shifted.  Now I have a very well-paid but slightly boring 8-5 job and drop the pen at 5pm to rush home to my baby girl. And I love it!
    @northbeach3 it is soooo overwhelming to pick baby products. I remember crying the first time I went into a big baby store. My recommendation would be to take it one item at a time and don’t try to do it all at once. I used to refer to Lucies list. She’s done reviews for all product categories. And I watched a lot of YouTube videos and reviews from other mums. Also don’t necessarily listen to your friends recommendations, they sometimes have completely different requirements from yours. 

Absolute must haves in my books:
    crib or co sleeper,
    changing table,
    steriliser,
    breast feeding pillow,
    baby chair with newborn insert (nice to have them be at the table at dinner even when tiny),
    onesies (the ones you can close sideways without pulling over their head because that’s scary at the beginning),
    lots of muslins,
    baby bathtub,
    rocker or baby bouncer (don’t keep them in there for more than 2 hours),
    baby carrier,
    stroller and car seat.  
    Bottles: i wouldn’t stock up on these as babies are funny - maybe yours will hate the ones you pick. We had to experiment a lot until we found what worked for baby. 
    Pump: speak to your insurance to get a list of the ones they cover, but then do some research. You’ll need to pick one depending on your requirements: if you plan to pump at work you’re going to need a really good double-sided electric one. There are ones for travel with battery packs, and ones that plug in at your desk and are bigger to carry. All depends on where you will pump. It’s a big ticket item so you might want to wait until you’re closer to going back to work and know what you will need. 

sorry for the long message! Hope it helps! I’m a certified postpartum doula so I also tend to go into professional overdrive and give too many details! 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @northbeach3
    I can't recommend enough leaning on other moms - whether online friends or among your friends/family. The amount of baby stuff is overwhelming! I had a really hard time thinking about buying baby stuff during my pregnancy so I basically just asked my sister what she recommended as far as carseat/stroller/bottles/etc. Other than my shower gifts (which included a lovely bassinet), I didn't buy anything else outside of the carseat, the rocker for the nursery and a set of crib sheets. Right before she was born, I ordered a layette from gerber which I highly recommend -- it has a nice variety of items so you can try a little of everything - hats, gowns, sleepers, onesies, etc.  You might want to put one on your registry!

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Girls-Piece-Essentials-Flowers/dp/B073ZFCDJ9/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1549372958&sr=8-5&keywords=gerber+layette&th=1&psc=1

They had a unisex one that's blue and yellow which is what I bought -- I've tried to pick a good mix of colors for my girl's clothes so she's not always wearing 'girly' colors but you will get overwhelmed with all of the pink even when trying to avoid it! And some of the girly stuff is really cute... :smile:

We also got a bunch of hand-me-downs from my sister (she has 2 girls, 2 and 5, so her youngest was just outgrowing baby stuff when Anne was born). They were EXCEEDINGLY helpful since I had no idea how many burp cloths you need (tons)!

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @northbeach3 I am a FTM so I'm in the same boat but found both BabyList and Lucies List helpful resources. They rank items in each category.. It has really, really helped in creating my registry. GL!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, have been just not feeling well and trying to survive the nausea/heartburn combo. Hope everyone has been well and I will get caught up on reading posts, I promise!
    • How far along? 22 weeks, 2 days as of today
    • How are you feeling this week? nausea but only some days now, but nearly 24/7 heartburn
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Just wondering if anyone on here has had a c-section since I'm going to have to have one for placenta previa. It's making me anxious...never had major surgery and have trouble swallowing pills so concerned about pain afterwards.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Later this month I will have both an appt with NP at OB office, and another with MFM.
    • GTKY: Do you consider yourself a workaholic? Sometimes I can be, in my past I have been, but now, am feeling pretty okay with being lazy, haha!
  • @Griffin5413 I'm with you in the anterior placenta world! I will say closer to 3rd trimester, the movements got a lot more and helped with anxiety! Now LO moves so much it makes me jump and she wakes me up at night. So for now, enjoy your sleep while you can :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @Momifbysea
    I had a c-section with my little girl; they use your IV for the pain meds on the first day so you don't need to worry about taking pills. After that I had mostly tylenol with the occasional insert of oxycontin if I really needed to rest/etc. You can easily get tylenol you can take in liquid form if that's easier for you. I would check with the nurses, but you might also be able to get pills you can mix into some yogurt or something so you don't have to take the pill itself. The pain was really not that bad after the first day or two and I didn't even notice it much after my discharge three days later. You're so busy with the baby it sorta goes to the back of your mind once you get up and get moving after the first day. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• thanks ladies for all the helpful websites and tips.  will keep plugging away a little by little each night. will also reach out to my insurance and see what breast pump options are.

@Momifbysea hey stranger! thanks for popping in to say hello! i can't believe you're still battling the nausea! have you started feeling movement... i found that that had me feeling upside down on some days.  i've only had one bout of acid reflux... have you tried any of the longer term treatments? i did a short course (7 days) of nexium and found that the helped curb the symptoms. hope you're able to manage with diet/drugs!!  congrats on learning you're having a boy!! but should i assume you have placenta previa? is bleeding common with that?

@Griffin5413 i don't have an anterior placenta, but didn't feel definitive movements until right around 21 weeks.  some days there's more, some days there's less movement.  it was helpful for me to also read that baby's sleeping for 12-16 hours a day, so less movement would be expected.  i haven't tried the orange juice trick, but i think someone said to drink OJ and lie on your left side.  

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @mbradfo2 thankyou so much for that information! I've heard from several people about how the pain was really really terrible for weeks and I have been so worried about that, but I guess we all  have different pain tolerances. And I've been told in the past that mine is really high, so hopefully I can manage as you did. I appreciate you comforting me with your story.

@northbeach3 yes I do have placenta previa. Complete not partial. As in barely any slight slight chance of it moving at this point. I'm not sure about bleeding being more common. I didn't have a single drop of blood since that really scary episode back in November when I lost all that blood and thought I'd lost the pregnancy. They will try and get me as far along as possible before delivering me, but I'm wondering if I might have to go on bed rest eventually. I feel this constant swollen pressure feeling down there and worry how far I'll make it before they decide it's time. I can tell you one thing, the pelvic rest is getting really really old! Like, I've been on pelvic rest and no relations of any kind since my first transfer in July!!! DH is being a really good sport about it and says, it's temporary, but I feel bad. Not that it's my fault, but still. Anyway, I really did want to deliver vaginally but at least I got to with my daughter, so I had the experience. This guy is just determined to be different in every way, from conception onward I guess! :) Yeah, the nausea and heartburn disappeared right at 2nd tri with DD, but again, he's gotta be different right?

It's good to be back on here again! I missed you all - just most days I've been slogging through, and making sure I eat and drink has me wiped out. But I'll try and stay more active on here because I've missed the support and hearing about everyone else's experiences.

• oh, one more question -- how "involved" are you in planning your baby shower.  i mean, i assume most of you have friends or family who have offered to plan... but how much input are you giving / hoping to give.

two of my work besties are co-hosting. one asked me for some preferences like color scheme, if DH will attend, and preferences on opening gifts in front of everyone.  since the other co-worker wasn't present, i sent them a joint email summary of what i'd told co-worker #1... then i added some other shower games that looked appealing to me.  

after the email, coworker #2 texted me if i wanted to take an "active" role or "backseat" role and just experience what they plan. maybe it's my anxiety or my hormones, but the text made me feel some kind of way. on the one hand, i know she's trying to be thoughtful of my preferences so she's including me to the "right" degree... but on the other, it made me feel bad for stating preferences -- that the first co-worker asked me about directly.

i admit that, as a FTM, i don't know the customs/traditions around this and am largely relying on my experience as an attendee to other baby showers.  i've never planned one, so i don't know the other customs/expectations.  i'm curious what y'alls range of experiences are. i know i shouldn't feel bad for having preferences, but it definitely stung a little bit like i was overstepping their roles.

• @northbeach3 Concerning baby showers. I let my hosts pretty much plan and do everything. They asked me colors of the nursery, fav cake flavor, etc but were big on letting it be a surprise. It's your day and I think it's best to step back and let others "shower" you. You don't need any added stress. They know your preferences and that's all they need. :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @Momifbysea - I ended up with a c-section with my son and it wasn't terrible. I pushed myself to get up and walking the first day and I didn't take anything stronger than tylenol. I wanted to get the worst part of the pain out of the way before I went home. I was so worried about masking the pain with stronger meds while I was in the hospital and then going on my own to find out it was unbearable. By the time I left the hospital I felt fine. I think I am more nervous this time around b/c it is a planned c-section while my last was after 24 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing. I have more time before hand to worry about it. lol. You've got this!

@northbeach3@kristimh80. The less involved you are the less stressed you will be on the day of. Plus you won't find yourself frustrated if they don't do everything exactly how you wanted it. The whole point of the shower is for people to make you feel special and shower you with love for that new little one. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 Agreed, I didn't do anything and it was great!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• thanks ladies... i guess i'm too much of an anxiety ball / control freak to just sit back. but helpful to know what the norm has been for you guys. i'll try to keep my neuroticism in check for my planners.

• @blackhottamales glad you’re feeling better and have more energy for doing things. I do have quick meltdowns very often probably started 18 weeks. 

@northbeach3 good luck with baby shower registry I have no experience but I can imagine how stressful and time consuming it can become. Like others said, enjoy the baby shower by your friends. I would Iove to give the work to someone and enjoy the party but unfortunately no one has offered to throw a shower for me yet. My parents and family doesn’t live in this country so all I have is some cousins and friends. I might have to throw one for myself and I am not sure if I will be keen on doing one for myself. 

@bpietronicco sorry that u failed 1 hour test, are you going for a 3 hr test ? Congratulations on good repeat anatomy scan 

@Griffin5413 cute bump. I understand your anxiety on feeling the baby. Do you have a Doppler that you use to get peace of mind ? 

@Momifbysea hey congratulations on boy. Sorry that you are still battling through nausea and heart burn. Did they give you date for c section?

• @bkatp- I don't have a doppler. I didn't want to give myself an excuse to go crazy with it. I'm just trying to trust that everything is going well, all of my scans have been great, the fact that I am still getting nauseous means I'm still prego. I should be telling myself to enjoy the calm before the storm b/c who knows if she will be a baby who is most active at night when I'm trying to sleep. lol

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 haha true could be 
  • @Griffin5413 that's great to hear you got through it with just Tylenol, I can handle that. I guess everyone's pain tolerance is different, so I'll just have to see. And I totally agree with you that I think it's worse having all these months to think about it and worry versus if I was in delivery and they had to suddenly do one. But I'm coming to terms with it, trying to focus on nursery planning and work, etc.

@bkatp nope, no date for c-section yet, but they will try and get me to 39 weeks if possible. I have a feeling it will just be a lot of monitoring the closer we get. The nurse said a few weeks ago "we have to use a completely different book for you!" Which, I don't know, I guess could make me feel super special, or freak the heck out of me if I'm that "different" or at risk. haha

@northbeach3 just throwing it out there, that beyond choosing the restaurant and them letting me look at the lunch menu to make choices, I really didn't do anything and it was nice. I am a control freak also, but enjoyed the break from it and it was fun to be surprised with what they came up with, like the games, etc. They did talk with me about one idea to run by me and I loved it! And that was, rather than have people give cards, they had each guest bring a baby book and sign the inside cover with a note. Our daughter still has all those books signed by my friends and they're really special.

• @blackhottamales  I’m with you all I have Is a blump lol! 

@northbeach3  I just applied For a pump through Areoflow as well and have quite a few options to pick from. My SIL recommended the Sprectra BUT the S2 requires an outlet and the S1  that has an outlet and is battery operated is only partially covered and I ‘d have to shell out $135. There are a few others that are covered that are battery operated and have an outlet so I’m doing some research now. The Lansinoh looks pretty good too. 

If any STM have suggestions on breast pumps I’m all ears!! 

@flanners1 and @Griffin5413 Great lists!! Thank you!
    @Griffin5413 Cute bump!! 

@Momifbysea  Sorry to hear you’ve been so I’ll hopefully you’ll feel better soon! 

Jumping in late this week! 

• How far along? 16 week 1 day
    • How are you feeling this  week? Good! Can’t complain.  Still waiting to that second trimester surge of energy. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? TODAY :). Having an ultrasound today and my 16 week check up is next Tuesday. 
    • GTKY: Do you consider yourself a workaholic?  :D  no lol 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!!
  • Fx for great us @ndz2018!!! I also started looking at pumps and hoping spectra 2 is covered. I’ll mostly be pumping at work so less need for battery operation. But still so many options and adapters!! Curious what storage options you STM chose to do. 

• For all wondering about breast pumps, I have to say I loved my Medela Freestyle. It had a battery but I usually could plug in at our breastfeeding room (I worked for a state health department as I'm in public health, so they were supportive, which I realize is not always the case). I breastfed exclusively the first year, then she continued at night until she was 2yrs, 4mos. So that first year I was commuting an hour each way on a bus, gone about 11hrs a day, and got by with pumping twice daily. For storage, I liked that the pump conveniently came with 4 storage bottles which fit perfectly into a little cooler bag, which then fit into the whole pump carry bag which was discreet and easy to haul on the bus along with my purse. For freezer/fridge storage, each night I'd pour my liquid gold into the Lansinoh plastic disposable bags. Love how there's the printed lines to write in name, date, time. Comes in handy for daycare so I could put DD's initials on the bag. Also, date and time essential when you've got a ton of milk bags in your fridge or freezer and want to stay organized to use that oldest first. For cleaning, Medela makes these cool steam clean bags that you can pop in microwave (I remember you could get a few uses out of each per package recommendations). I hope this helps! Happy to answer any more breastfeeding or pumping questions!
  • @Momifbysea - your response to the baby shower made me think about the STM's here... Are any of you having another shower or a sprinkle this time around? I'm so torn about if it's appropriate or not. I know my mom wants to do something but I'd have to go out to CA for that and I don't want people to feel obligated since this is our 2nd. I don't even know what protocal is these days. I have friends that did a full shower for every single one of their kids and others who did sprinkles and others who did nothing. 

@northbeach3 - I had a really hard time breast feeding with my son so I didn't really get to use my pump a lot. I struggled to get half of his milk supply each day. That being said I did like my Medela. My insurance said I get another new one so I may look at the Spectra. I remember people liking that one too. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 we moved to another state last year and so I don't have any close friends here. A new friend from church offered to do a small shower with some church ladies in the spring but hasn't brought it up again lately. If anything I guess it would be more like a sprinkle. I put together a small Target registry because honestly, other than the fact we have a girl and are now having a boy, there's a ton of stuff we can re-use. I think I would feel weird having a full-blown shower this time around, but then, I'm one who gets nervous being center of attention.
  • personally I think sprinkles are a great idea! We had one planned for my sister the year before last, but her LO arrived early so it didn't quite happen as planned XD   

People who have issues with sprinkles don't understand it's not about the presents, it's just about having a celebration of a new life coming!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @ndz2018 how early are you able to purchase your pump? I got excited when i saw your post and contacted my insurance. This insurance doesn't allow breast pump purchases until 30 days within EDD.  I was totally trying to scam take advantage of the fact that our insurance is changing in March.  I guess companies are too smart for that.

I heard the heart beat again on Wednesday--that was so nice to hear.  It still doesn't feel real but everything points to it actually happening.  

Happy Friday Ladies! 

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2019
    @blackhottamales I have no Idea I was just Researching and put my insurance information in and it brought me to page with a bunch of options and gave me the prices of each. I didn’t buy anything yet so it very well may be that I won’t be able to purchase one for a few more months. I’ll let you know. 

@northbeach3 The spectra S2 was 100% covered through mine and my SIL. The S1 isn’t.  Let us know which one you decided to go with. I’m overwhelmed doing research already lol. 
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited February 2019
    @northbeach3 I ended up getting the Spectra 2. I went thru Aeroflow breast pumps and was super easy. They will verify everything with your insurance and let you know what is covered and can pay extra for bags, etc for them if needed. The Spectra 1 cost more and if would be on the go a lot, I probably would have went that rout, but the S2 has an adapter you can get so can pump in the car if needed too :)

@blackhottamales I'd check with Aeroflow as well. My insurance said like 30 days before also, but I ordered mine in December and no one even batted an eye. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @northbeach3 and @kristimh80 I went through Aeroflow as well and ended up going with the spectra S1 and just paid the difference.  I liked the idea of being cord free so I didnt necessarily need to be near an outlet. 

@bkatp I ended up failing the 3 hour as well so I am on a GD diet and have to start testing my blood glucose 4 times a day.  I will now have appts every week to make sure everything is going well. 
  • @bpietronicco So sorry to hear about GD! How far along are you now? I keep thinking you are close to 3rd tri now...or maybe I'm wishful thinking so more friends join 3rd tri lol :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @bpientronicco sorry to hear about ur GD. I hope diet helps you handle to some extent. 

Happy Valentines Day everyone !!
  • @kristimh80 27 weeks so next week I make the move!  Can’t believe it- it’s taken forever it feels to get this far yet super quick at the same time.
  • @bpietronicco Yay!! I'm excited for you and excited to have you venture over <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @bpietronicco ugh, sorry to hear about the GD. best of luck with the testing and diet monitoring!! can't believe you're almost to 3rd tri!