How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions?

Re: Group 3 (16th-22nd) Check-in w/o Feb. 4

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/18, 7+5

Interesting baby fact: Baby’s tail is gone!! 😂

Upcoming Appointments: Fri-YAY! Woot woot!

How are you feeling? Great! Pink eye is resolved, congestion is (mostly) gone and the cough is headed through the gift shop exit.

Rants/Raves: WE GOT OUR MICROWAVE INSTALLED!! It was a gigantic sh*t show that involved a trip to Lowe’s, removing a layer of tile off our backsplash, drilling new holes and cleaning the entire kitchen at 10pm, but hey man, IT’S DONE!! Side note: remind me NEVER TO DO HOME IMPROVEMENT AGAIN!! 🤣😆🥴

Questions: Nah.

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Yes! I used to have so many, but I’ve been able to eliminate a lot of them. I still make sure to have DH text me when he’s on his plane (he travels a lot for work) so I can tell him I love him. Just in case something terrible happens I know the last words he heard from me were that I loved him. Super morbid, I know. 😬
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7 weeks + 6 days

Interesting baby fact: The little nugget should be attaching the placenta & picking up a bit more slack in the coming weeks.

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday, 2/6

How are you feeling? I actually feel pretty good physically. Some pulling & tightening in my belly, indigestion & heartburn, but nothing too terrible. Mentally & emotionally I am a basket case.
    **TW** Terrified after MMC that I won't see my baby's HB on Wednesday. 

Rants/Raves: I am blessed that I do not have morning sickness like I did during last pregnancy & that it is not 104* like it was then. I am also happy that I have been moving around a lot & exercising so maybe that is why I feel a bit better this time around. Rant--zits are the pits!

Questions: Not today

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? I heard the old wives' tales about gender prediction. My symptoms are all over the place, so I guess I am going to have to wait.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lillywonderland ooh that microwave installation process sounds like a pain! At least you're good to go now. I'm the same with making sure to tell DH I love him whenever we're apart. You never know!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9-22 / 7+1

Interesting baby fact: the arm and leg joints are now forming

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow! :heart:

How are you feeling? pukey, tired, dizzy, so emo

Rants/Raves: DH got the treadmill installed yesterday (rave), but I'm too nauseous to use it (rant). I asked for this though :lol: .

Questions: Will my OB be able to check for the HB on u/s tomorrow? I'm dying to know that everything is ok.

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? I still hold my breath going by cemeteries.

• Options
    @omg1108 sending good vibes to that nugget of yours! I've heard that exercising is good for curbing nausea. I'll have to bite the bullet and try!
  • Options
    @themadcamel Yes, you should be able to hear the heartbeat (at least with the T/V one for sure). Doppler might be another couple weeks or so. They had a hard time finding DS’s when I was 12 wks with a doppler...but I had my legs up (like, not straight) and was contracting my abs apparently...annnnnd it was a brand new Ob nurse. The experienced nurse found it real quick.

@omg1108 Good luck on Wednesday!! I am sure everything will be better than okay. Try not to stress about that which we cannot change. (I know, easier said than done!)
  • Options
    @omg1108 sending good vibes to that nugget of yours! I've heard that exercising is good for curbing nausea. I'll have to bite the bullet and try!
    I have been walking on the treadmill, 3 miles at a medium pace & incline about 4 days a week. Nothing fancy, but I definitely feel way better than I did last pregnancy. Thank you for the positive vibes. I really want to be excited & trust me, I am; but there is that little bit of me still holding back. 

@lillywonderland Thank you!!!
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/20, 7w3d

Interesting baby fact: arms and legs are starting to develop

Upcoming Appointments: 2/28

How are you feeling? Ok. Tired. I mainly only get nausea in the mornings that goes away when I eat. I’ve noticed that I’m sneezing more? Mainly when I feel like I maybe, kinda sorta need to puke, like mornings when I’ve started eating. I keep poking my boobs to make sure they hurt. I hate taking off my bra, which is something I used to love to do!

Rants/Raves: I was eating a cheeseburger from Culver’s on Saturday and the onions were very... oniony. Ruined my burger which is sad because Culver’s is my favorite. I had to spit it out because I was close to puking it up. Then I was super full and couldn’t finish my cheese curds which was a travesty. 

Questions: nah

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Not really. I need the tv volume to be on a even number, but I think that’s more of a crazy person thing than a superstition. 

• Options
    @lillywonderland well that does not sound like a fun project. I want a microwave over our stove but do not want all the work to put it in.

@omg1108 good luck at your appointment Wednesday! I hope everything is well. I also have t really had any morning sickness and love it. 

@themadcamel yes, you will be able to see the heartbeat on ultrasound at 7 weeks. It can probably be seen even without the T/V ultrasound, but detail would be lacking. 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland yay microwave! I think we are getting a new one soon, MH really wants to replace ours...it's over 15 years old and kind of busted. Hoping we can also get a new stove and dishwasher at the same time. I hear you on home renos, though. We bought our house in November and it has been constant. I still haven't caulked the tile I put up in the kitchen. 

@themadcamel my midwife said we should hear the heartbeat tomorrow and you and I are due date twins.

@calliah when I wake up in the morning I get an intense wave of nausea, then I sneeze, and it turns into mild persistent nausea. So weird.

--
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/22, 7w+2d

Interesting baby fact: Nugget has doubled in size since last week.

Upcoming Appointments: T/V US tomorrow!

How are you feeling? Constant state of nauseous that just can't be alleviated. Bloated. So, so bloated. The kind of bloating that is making me thing "omg, am I having twins." That kind of bloating. I also nearly passed out the other day. I had to sit down. I was so flushed and lightheaded. My watch said my heart rate jumped up to 130 when that happened.

Rants/Raves: My husband is man cold sick. He keeps leaving tissues all over the couch. I would like him to stop. In other news: US tomorrow! So nervous.

Questions: How are people doing with working and first tri woes? I have been able to WFH a lot which is a helpful but I also feel guilty.

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? I won't open an umbrella indoors ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • Options
    @themadcamel I’m SO glad to have seen your good news on the ultrasound thread! Yippee!!! 
  • Options
    eller-2eller-2 member
    edited February 2019
    @lillywonderland, glad your microwave installation is done!  I share your desire to never do home improvement projects again - our first was/is a big one and has been completely terrible (complete with having to terminate a contractor who stole a lot of money from us).  It was supposed to be done before our son was born in March 2018 ... I think it'll be done before this baby arrives.  

@omg1108, thinking of you today!  I hope the appointment goes perfectly and gives you some peace of mind.  

@themadcamel, I was also so happy to see your good update last night!  And yay for a treadmill - that at some point will be awesome for you to have :)

@calliah, I also have more crazy person things than superstitions.  I used to only drink sips of water from a water fountain in even numbers.  No idea why/where that came from.

@cmdesigner, I hope you have a great appointment today as well!  I have been dealing with the first tri/work by also WFH more than I probably should and giving myself some slack on being productive.  I was so busy for months before we got pregnant, which really was perfect timing because I've had a few guiltless lazy weeks now ... but I'm starting to both need to ramp it up and to feel guilty for not working as much as I should be.  (I bill my time, so there's no hiding the unproductive days.)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/22, 7w3d

Interesting baby fact:  S/he's the size of a piece of uncooked macaroni today.

Upcoming Appointments:  Friday!  Nervous and eager.

How are you feeling?  Definitely a bit anxious about our appointment on Friday - I have no reason to think we won't hear great news, but I've been on the wrong side of statistics before.  Physically, I am struggling a bit (but have it nowhere near as bad as many of you, I suspect).  I feel pretty crappy and exhausted all the time, and I've actually had a few brief waves of nausea (third pregnancy, first time I've had any nausea).

Rants/Raves:  Rant - I'm tired of feeling crappy.  Rave - while the anxiety is still there, this has been my least-anxious first tri (and seems to be going the quickest).  

Questions:  Where do y'all get your cool baby facts? 

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions?  I don't think I have any legit superstitions.  I do mix up the way I deal in a card game if I'm doing poorly and keep it consistent when I'm doing well. 

ET fix date. 

• Options
    @cmdesigner so glad to see that your appt went well! Looks like we're still due date buddies :wink:
    @lillywonderland sounds like a perfect storm. I worry about getting an inexperienced/incompetent nurse sometimes. I've been lucky so far that my ob has done the ultrasounds.
    @omg1108 hope your appointment goes well today!
    @eller-2 it's definitely handy. It'll be great to use in the first weeks/months after LO is born, except then I won't have any excuses not to drop the pregnancy weight.. hmm...
  • Options
    jpblingjpbling member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/20, 7w, 5d

Interesting baby fact: New brain cells are generated at the rate of 100 per minute

Upcoming Appointments: I just had my first appointment today. I was bummed because I was hoping for an ultrasound and/or to hear the heartbeat. I got neither :( Since I was sure of the date of my last period and conception date, they said they didn't need to do an ultrasound. I will only get one at the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. My last 2 LOs I got a few ultrasounds along the way so that was a bit of a bummer! My next appointment is Feb 25th (I'll be 10 weeks) and I will do the Prelude test at that time. Strange to think I will find out the sex of the baby so early with the prelude test, I didn't have that option with my last 2 pregnancies!

How are you feeling? Meh. I will take it though, I know what it's like to have debilitating morning sickness and I am happy not to have that this time! I do feel slightly nauseous throughout the day but it's not anything crazy. Boobs still hurt! And of course very tired. 

Rants/Raves: I miss coffee SOOOOOOOOOO much!

Questions: N/A

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Friday the 13th does kind of freak me out, and wouldn't you know it, September 13th is on a Friday! I hope baby doesn't decide to come on that day OMG. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/22 7w3d

Upcoming Appointments: We saw the heartbeat on Saturday and were released by the RE.  First appt with the OB is not until 2/27.  It's going to be a long 3 weeks.  I'm pretty anxious that something will go wrong.

How are you feeling? Tired.  Some bloating towards the end of the day.  

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions?  Just the feeling that if I'm too positive about things, it'll somehow jinx it.
  • Options
    @sparkles5275 I get stuck in that anxiety rut a lot too, like don’t get your hopes too high or they’ll come crashing down! It’s hard to do, but try to remember that sending yourself and your baby all the positive thoughts and energy you can will be WAY better for both of you than filling your mind and body with anxious thoughts!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker