ternsetcternsetc member
edited February 2019 in September 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
Baby is the size of a(n):
Upcoming Appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: Did you have pets as a kid, and do you have pets now? (I'm not good at coming up with these!)

Re: Group 1 (9/1 - 9/8) check-in, w/o 2/4

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/6, 9w3d
    Baby is the size of a(n): cherry
    Upcoming Appointments: not until 2/28
    How are you feeling?: Pukey! And nervous, and tired.
    Rants/Raves: Just feel like I'm dragging through the day and dreading things that are no big deal. Throwing up makes me feel like I'm legitimately sick, even though I know I'm not. It was great having the weekend with DH, though, and we ate hamburgers again!
    Questions: Not at the moment.
    GTKY: Did you have pets as a kid, and do you have pets now? I had a cat growing up, and she was fantastic! We don't have pets; we don't really have space for a dog and DH isn't wild about cats. We love to see other people's animals, but as the years pass we're finding we don't actually miss having pets ourselves.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 1st/10w 2d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate truffle (and now I want chocolate truffles)
    Upcoming Appointments: Feb 12th for my 11w appointment
    How are you feeling?: Nausea isn't as often anymore! But now I'm having a hard time sleeping and working out due to sciatica pains. 
    Rants/Raves: I want to sleep through the night! But I keep thinking if all of these symptoms mean a healthy baby then it's no big deal!
    Questions: What did you cry about recently? I was at Old Navy and I saw a onesie in the wrong section and I cried because it was so little compared to all the other clothes and had cute robots on them haha.
    GTKY: Did you have pets as a kid, and do you have pets now? I had 3 dogs growing up and I now have 2 adorable shihtzus 💙

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 09/08/9w 2days

Baby is the size of a(n): blackberry 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for my panorama test and pap, weekly bloodwork

How are you feeling?:anxious, nausea and heartburn have been absent for the last few days so not feeling that 'pregnant'. Who knew I'd be praying for nausea. 

Rants/Raves: Not loving this bed rest thing, I have a hematoma so when I'm spotting supposed to be off my feet, fairly active so it's driving me a bit nuts. Raves- so very happy with my doctors attentiveness! 

Questions: is anyone else craving oranges and pizza pops? 

GTKY: Did you have pets as a kid, and do you have pets now? (I'm not good at coming up with these!) had a dog named stryder, and one fur baby now named tucker 
  • @p912019 they are adorable! Are they the same age? I'm having a hard time watching any kind of media - if it's sad I start crying, if there's a happy turn of events I start crying...and last night I cried because I didn't want to brush my teeth (it's been making me throw up).
    @naveed7 Tucker has amazing eyebrows! Yes to oranges; I got a big bag of mandarin oranges this weekend and have been tearing through them, they're so good. Bed rest sounds so difficult, but glad you have an attentive Dr.
  • @ternsetc My dog on the left is 7 and the one on the right is 3. Aww! I feel your pain. I hope the naseau wears off soon for you. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/1, 10 weeks, 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Fig

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday 2/7, 4 week follow up appointment after initial ultrasound
    How are you feeling?: chubby, feeling really good this week, had nausea the last two weeks that has subsided, craving more foods now, boobs still hurt

Rants/Raves: I just wish I had more 'proof' or pregnancy feelings. Not that I want to be throwing up and headaches constantly, I'm thankful for how good I feel. But dang it just feels like I've gained a few pounds and not like I'm pregnant.

Questions: Our Nurse Practitioner mentioned a 25lb lifting limit, it seemed like it was just a generic number that they tell everyone, did anyone else get this?? I'm a personal trainer, and in my own workouts I am using only my body weight for the first trimester and will use light weights through the second and third, but it comes with the territory of my job that I have to lift 25lb+, I'm careful, I'm not out there  picking up 100lb weights (I'll get help or someone else if that's the case), but I don't see a problem with picking up 40-50 lb and moving it a few inches. Anyone have opinions?

GTKY: Did you have pets as a kid, and do you have pets now? 
    We always had dogs growing up, we had an Irish Setter, a Dalmation, a Black Lab, a Yellow Lab, a Bull Terrier. Love dogs, all shapes and sizes. My husband and I have a rescue, a boxer mix named Cooper, he's 3 years old and I'm anxious to see how he will be when the baby comes. He is pretty good with kids but is kinda lazy and mostly likes to be left alone, so he hides in our room or on his bed when toddlers are around. Babies are a different story, if they don't walk he likes to just sit as close as he can and be near us all the time.
  • @bbaatz I don't really have an opinion since I don't do much exercise beyond walking so never really pursued questions about it and don't actually remember what they told me about the second and third trimesters last time because walking is the bare minimum exercise and was always OK :D This time I was told I could keep doing whatever I'm already doing in terms of exercise for the first trimester, and no one mentioned a weight limit or talked about what would change later. I do remember last time there were a few things I stopped doing somewhere in the second trimester because it just felt like too much (like lift flats of water and bring them upstairs). Your pup looks sweet!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/7 - 10w

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat

Upcoming Appointments: 2/25 for the 12w appointment. 

How are you feeling?: Better, I'm getting a handle on my tiredness and boobs feel less sore. I only had one week of nausea during my 6th week, and I'm grateful - but I echo some other people's sentiments that it feels a little freaky to not have many symptoms. ( @bbaatz I feel you!)

Rants/Raves: I normally have a bit of a sweet tooth, but boy am I really snacking on sweets now. I can't get enough hot chocolate or frozen dark chocolate chips. Perhaps this is what cravings feel like!? Trying to keep snacking in moderation. 

Questions: Nothing really!

GTKY: Did you have pets as a kid, and do you have pets now? I grew up with lots of cats, at one point my family had rescued a total of 5 (not all at once, but we had 5 total)! My husband always had dogs and we find ourselves wanting one now! But I think we will wait until after we have our kid to get one.
    Third kid: Due 11/6
    Second kid: Dec 2021
    First kid: Sept 2019