April 2019 Moms

Week 4 Check-in w/o 2/4

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? 

Re: Week 4 Check-in w/o 2/4

• Due date: Easter 

Any appointments? Next Monday. Questions? My OB said I tested at risk for UTGR and PRE.E at around 12 weeks. Now he is growing at normal rates measuring a few days big and my BP hasn’t gone about 126/80 and the past few visits has been between 95/48 and 117/70. She mentioned at 12 weeks needing an additional ultrasound around 33 weeks. This last visit she seems less like that would be the case or needed, but I think I would still like the ultrasound... what do you all think?  There isn’t a standard ultrasound after the anatomy scan at 20 weeks at my dr. 

Rants/Raves? Baby moved and I can’t find his little butt anymore ☹️, I’m worried he will get into a weird position like dd did and have a hard time coming out. (Another reason I’d like an ultrasound, to find his position again) 

How are you feeling? Sore, tired, my sciatica is annoying and my pubic bone joint and ligaments hurt all night and anytime I rest.

I sewed him some pants :) pics later in the crafty thread.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? If I could eat it, the coconut Carmel one. Because I can’t, the toffee gluten free one. And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? I like the sunbutter cups from Trader Joe’s the best right now. Mmm. 

• Due date: 25 April

Any appointments? Just saw my OB on Friday.

Questions? About a million, but hoping to get some answers at our birth class/hospital tour this weekend.

Rants/Raves? I've had a bunch of random stressful things come up this week, from learning baby is footling breech to having a pipe break and no water in 100F heat. But baby looks good and was measuring right on track at my appointment, so I'm trying not to stress too much.

How are you feeling? Apparently my uterus dropped last week and the pressure on my pubic bone is intense. Hello, pregnancy waddle!

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?  I bought a big pack of diapers. And we *might* have a name!

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Oh, how I miss girl scout cookies! My favorites were tagalongs and samoas. But my number one sugary love is ice cream, no question. And milkshakes. Yum.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date: 4/22

Any appointments? Questions? 

I had one Friday along with my 1 hour glucose test (which I failed at 151). I'm now going every two weeks.

Rants/Raves? 

DH is leaving again for 4 weeks starting the 19th. DD is 20 months old and doesn't care how tired I am. Not looking forward to it.

How are you feeling? 

Tired and my back hurts by the end of the day.

Purchased some little things and cleared out a couple of drawers in daughter's room for this baby.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? 

I'm not a huge fan of sweets but I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

• @booksandicecream I'm lurking from week 2! I don't know if this is helpful or not, but its very common for babies to be breach right now. Most babies don't turn until between 30 - 36 weeks! I'm not sure if the baby being footling makes it harder for them to turn or not, but if they're still head up, most docs don't worry until about the 36 / 37 week mark! Hoping that eases some of the stress!
  • Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions? 2/19. I get occasional (1-3x/day) flashes of like.. cervix pain, and I can’t tell if it’s the baby stomping a nerve or if it’s something I should be concerned about?

Rants/Raves? So. Tired. Does that count as a rant?

How are you feeling? lol see above

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I’d like to do more, but we have a reno thing standing in the way. I did actually order some 0-3m clothes. My mom gifted me some lovely 3-6m stuff a couple months ago, but I’ve had a weird mental block about buying things for a newborn.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? I like the peanut butter sandwiches, but I’m torn between ice cream and pie for a favorite sweet treat.

• @kbirchtree: My OB doesn't do a standard sono after 20 weeks but (as I posted in another thread) does like to "see what's going on in there" and so was on the lookout for something which would justify it to insurance.  So maybe that's the hangup?  I would ask your doctor what's possible. 

@lin0442:  I've gotten every form of random stabbing pain "down there" I can imagine.  Mostly I got them in 1-2 week streaks and then it would change locations/intensities.   Every time I bring them up just makes sure I know how to distinguish them from contractions as if that's his only concern.  Maybe not bad to run it by your OB if it's on your mind?  But I wouldn't worry. 
  • *creeping from week 3* @booksandlace where are you that it's 100F? I need to move there!
  • @lin0442  on my dec15’ bumpnboard we called that lightning crotch. Like a zing of pain sometimes near the bladder and sometimes near the cervix. It’s quick, surprising and momentarily debilitating. Sometimes I wonder if it’s similar to a guy getting kicked in the groin or not? 

As as far as i remember it’s benign. I’ve been getting them a few times a week so far. 
  • @Kateriee I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches too!

4/26, 28+4

Appt Friday, 3 hour glucose

Rant: I’m so over the winter. I know that was my rant a couple weeks go. But still true. Lol. 

Rave: I actually got a decent sleep last night and feel so much better. 

Feeling: better today. Tired in general. Trouble catching my breath. Sciatic pain hasn’t been around for a couple weeks which has been nice!

Baby prep: emptied the room that will be DD’s new room to move her out of the nursery. It is now ready for painting. 

GTKY: I like the Samoas. For other sweet treats, nothing beats dark chocolate. Though I do love a good ice cream/custard. 
  • Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions? Tomorrow

Rants/Raves? Super excited to be headed to LA this week, seeing family and eating everything

How are you feeling? Tired most of the time. Having a hard time sleeping too.  It’s the worst

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? More organizing and we bought a swing and the plush animal I’ll use for monthly pics

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Samoa!  I may have a few boxes on hold!!  I love peanut butter cups, especially the dark chocolate Trader Joe’s ones.  

• Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions? Glucose next week. 

Rants/Raves? Making progress but feeling like the projects are never ending and still so much to do! 

How are you feeling? TIRED but otherwise good.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Ordered NB diapers, some diaper cream and powder, started putting supplies in the changing table with bins/organizers, located changing pad covers, packed diaper bag for LO (hospital baby stuff for her). Packed hospital bag except snacks. Organized bathroom vanity cabinets and stocked postpartum care box (padsicles, preparation h, peri bottles etc). 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Samosas, but don’t eat them anymore so home made chocolate chip cookies! 

• LOL, I inadvertently skipped the baby prep question... guess that tells you how much I've done. 
  • mesweetteamesweettea member
    edited February 2019
    Due date: 4/24

Any appointments? Questions? Thursday for regular check up. Also probably Rhogam shot, I assume.

Rants/Raves? Sleeping is great (when I do it).

How are you feeling? So tired. Unable to breathe. Barely able to eat. But mostly like I am at the mercy of an unending fatigue.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? What...I need to prepare for this? Oops. I'm with you, @TheSouffleGirl... 

Partner and I talked briefly about whether or not we might drive or walk to the hospital when the time comes (it's only a few blocks away). I think I'll count that.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Peanut butter patties / Tag-alongs for Girl Scout cookies. Sweet treats generally would be a hard call, but I think I'd have to rate it something like ice cream > pie > cookies > cakes.

• Due date:  April 25

Any appointments? Questions? Today for 28 week checkup. No issues thus far.

Rants/Raves?  Yelled at DH this morning because he was complaining about how long it took me to get ready for work.  I lost it.  I'm working full time, training 3 new hires before my maternity leave, have a cold, am exhausted, and am slower to get around than usual because I'm pregnant.  GET OFF MY BACK!

How are you feeling?  tired and sick

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?  Nothing this week.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl
    Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat?   Samoas or thin mints.  Sweet treat= mint chocolate chip ice cream.
  • @TheSouffleGirl Sorry you’re missing gardening season too. 2 acres is a lot to keep up! I had a lovely garden redo planned for this spring and everything but oh well, I’d much rather have a baby...

@tmblickley Aw dang, I would’ve lost it too. That’s a ton to juggle, and you’re doing your best! Those men just don’t understand our exhaustion :disappointed:

@kristenhk Fingers crossed those meds kick in soon!
  • Due date: 4/27

Any appointments? Questions?  Tomorrow I have an appointment with my mid-wife and the diabetes screening.  Unrelated to pregnancy but the following day I have an appointment with my dermatologist.  I was supposed to have it last month but they failed to tell me my doctor left the practice in July and I’d need to reschedule.  Grrr!!!

Rants/Raves?  Heartburn is getting worse but still able to control it for the most part with Zantac and Tums.  

How are you feeling?  Holy sciatica!!  Basically from my back down is killing me!!  I’m planning to ask at my appointment tomorrow what else I can do besides heating pads and rest.  I didn’t have this with DS1 or DS2.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?  Not yet.  We have totes of stuff in the basement I still need to go through but we’re  getting bunk beds for the boys on Friday.  That’s so we can clear out one of the rooms for the nursery.  Although DH is more interested in having a half bath added to the basement instead.  He and his Dad started working on it last week. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat?  I forget what they’re called but it’s the chocolate covered shortbread cookies. They are amazing to dip in a glass of milk.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @tumblefluff, my doctor sent me to PT for my sciatic pain. It hasn’t helped me, but he said it did help some women. Also, a friend had really terrible sciatic pain and found a PT who also does “needling” (look it up!) and she said it helped her tremendously. My insurance doesn’t cover it, so I haven’t tried it. But you could give it a shot if your doctor agreed!
  • @katlarissa thanks!  I’ll be sure to bring up PT as an option.  I’ll try anything!  I’m seriously limping around because it hurts so bad.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @kate_e_nb Yup, there's still plenty of time for him to turn (my doc said most turn by 32 weeks) but I'm at risk for pre-term labor and footling breech is dangerous for cord prolapse. Of course it almost certainly won't happen but I'm a worrier. Tnank you, though  <3

@mrstmoose I'm in South Africa. Tomorrow is supposed to be 44C/111F. I'd gladly swap with you!! At least we got our water turned back on.

@kristenhk I feel you on wanting to have a hospital bag packed. I will feel better knowing I can grab and go if I need to. Hopefully we will both be way over-prepared!
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019