September 2019 Moms

Baby Names!

Re: Baby Names!

• LOVE the name Juliet(te) 
    I prefer the spelling Juliette. It has a super fem and pretty look to it! 
  • I am team green this time around. :) 
    I already have two boys and a girl. Gideon, Nico, and Vayda.
    DH and I are kinda nerdy so we are thinking Zelda if it’s a girl and Archie or Sebastian for a boy. I am sure this will likely change by the time September comes around!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so lost on names this time around! 
    My son is Blake Frederick and my daughter is Logan Sawyer. We are still undecided about finding out gender this time so we need suggestions for both! I think I want to stick with the 5 letter thing but it’s not necessary and we do like unisex names. Family names on the table for middle names are Miller, Ann, Daniel, Russell.
  • Currently leaning towards Alice or Allison for a girl, possibly Olivia as the middle name. I have two girls already (Zoey and Carter), so I’m having a hard time even thinking about boy names. We’re all just assuming this one is a girl. 😂
  • I've been dead set on Ryleigh Lorraine for a girl since I was 16, so it's a good thing that the DH likes it too. The middle name is kinda a tradition on my mother's side of the family with the great grandmother's name as the middle and it's a tradition I want to keep. 

For a boy... I really liked Grayson, but was vetoed. Currently on the table are:

Hawke
    Garrett
    Wyatt
    Lincoln (Which his nickname would be Link even if DH hates it.)

Middle name for a boy is undecided, but will definitely be inspired by his side of the family. 

@staciexo30 Love the name Zelda! It's unique and so pretty.
  • We don’t have any names so far! Usually we make a list of names and then go on a nice dAte and decide.we already have two boys, choosing a third boys name would be so hard. For a girl, we both liked lucia. 
  • Weve picked out Amelia Jean and Gregory John (the 3rd)
  • edited January 2019
    Looking for suggestions for middle names! We are set on Hudson for a girl and Copeland for a boy. We like unique, unisex names and currently on the table are things like Dax, Crew, and Nash for a boy and Sutton, Sinclair, and Burke for a girl. We already have a Cohen William at home!
  • Okay I have a zillion million names (like ~20) but here they are, w/ middle names, but know I do a lot of mixing and matching & am writing this list w/ out doubles though my list has plenty of doubles. Also some of these middles are family names & some are French names & some are names I chose for other reasons...

current top contenders...
    Quentin Gabriel (DH's winner for a boy)
    Lucinda Joy (DH's winner for a girl)

other boy names...
    Franklin Alcide
    Skylar James
    Felix Etienne

other girl names...
    Ramona Louise
    Margaret Hope
    Mirabelle Paige
    Josephine Faye
    Sylvia Grace

other first or middle names for girls... 
    Fiona
    Cassandra
    Simone
    Cecila 
    Celeste

other (probably) middle names, for boys...
    Cedar
    Michael 
    Jesse 
    Lawrence
    Cecil
    Gaeton
    Elwood
  • @staciexo30 I would love to have a daughter named Zelda.

So far we have:

Girl: Evelyn Leigh, but Zelda Evelyn sounds nice too.  Freya may be another option.

Boy:  Albus (need a middle name)
  • We're team green but have names picked out already from our last pregnancy (which unfortunately ended at 10.4) but for a girl we have avery grace and for a boy we have to decide on a spelling still but it will by Rix, Rick's, or Riks (any input on spelling would be appreciated. One is what I like, one is what my hubby likes, and one is what we think is a compromise but both don't really like)
  • @jpych I don’t really like the Rick’s.  That would be too confusing bc it looks possessive. What about Riggs? It sounds different but looks more like a name to me. 
  • My DH AND his father are both Henry Philip, so if we have a boy, he will also be Henry Philip.

Picking a girl name is SO HARD! I love the name Aubrey, but my DH once knew (and did not care for) someone named Aubrey.

I kiiinda like Norah, Brynn, Eloise, Everleigh, Hadley, Avery, Leighton, and Kinsleigh. But I don't LOVE any of them. We'll see!
  • @jpych I would go with Rix. Definitly not Rick’s because it just seems odd to have a possessive form of another name. 
  • @malloryfrommn I too love a name that’s off limits haha. I feel like my whole life I’ve wanted to name a female child Kate but MH dated a Katie for years and it ended with her cheating on him and taking all his stuff 😳 soooo he said no derivations of that name lol. 
  • @klpv415 awe, bummer! Kate is such a lovely name. But I totally get where your DH is coming from. Best of luck in your search for a name that is 'just right.'
  • lilybubbleslilybubbles member
    edited February 2019
    At everyone who is going on a variation of Lily - you have my vote!! 

As for us, we are an L family. Husband and I had the same initials before getting married. Now we obv have the same initials. 

DS is Luis Miguel  and DD is Lilah Esther. 

if baby #3 is a girl our options are

Leah Emiline

Liana Earle

Livie Elanna 

Lumi Elena 

Laynie Eve 

Boys - we are set on Micah being middle name 

Levi Micah 

Leon Micah 

Luca Matteo

We need more choices for L boy names! They are hard to come by!! 

• @lilybubbles beautiful names! Laynie is my favorite! Love Levi too.

We love Riley for a girl but aren’t sure, and we are totally stumped with a boy name. Our son’s name is Wyatt. We are going to find out what we are having the beginning of March so hopefully that will help us! 
  • We have a beautiful girls name picked out, but nothing for a boy. 
    Arilyn Eliza Ann

For a boy we’ve considered
    alexander
    liam
    ???
    need more ideas!
  • verde1984verde1984 member
    edited February 2019
    Our 19 month old is named Kirby Lucas; my husband picked that name out and I loved it.   He said I get to name #2.   My grandfather who I was super close to before his death was named Jack.
    So:
    Jacqueline Ripley is what I chose for a girl and Jordy Jackson for a boy (I'd probably call him JJ)

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married: June 2014
    DS Born 6/22/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have two boys each with one name grabbed from my side of the family and the other name pulled from DH's side of the family. This works great for all boys names but now I'm worried about a girl's name! I would love to just pick a random name but DH says we can't break from the pattern now. :-/ 

So for a girl, the first name needs to come from one list and the middle needs to come from another. What do I do!?

My side: Martha, Shirley, Mae, Amy
    His side: Maria, Marie, Stephanie

Yikes :-/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sa0012 I like Marie as a middle name for any of those on your side except maybe Mae-Marie. But all the rest are cute to me.
  • @SA0012 Stephanie Mae ? 😊
  • blitzybee said:
    @SA0012 Stephanie Mae ? 😊
    I was going to suggest the same thing. Adorable! 
  • Help please!!

So we just found out that we are having a girl! My husband and I are pretty set on the name Quinn but our last name is also one syllable.
    One, does it sound weird?? Two one syllable names together? For example, Quinn Smith or Quinn Doll.
    Two, possible middle names? I'm thinking definitely more than one syllable for this one.  I love Quinn Penelope but DH is not so in love.  Others on the table are Quinn Marie and Quinn Hainsly but we'd love new ideas!

Thanks everyone:)
  • Help please!!

So we just found out that we are having a girl! My husband and I are pretty set on the name Quinn but our last name is also one syllable.
    One, does it sound weird?? Two one syllable names together? For example, Quinn Smith or Quinn Doll.
    Two, possible middle names? I'm thinking definitely more than one syllable for this one.  I love Quinn Penelope but DH is not so in love.  Others on the table are Quinn Marie and Quinn Hainsly but we'd love new ideas!

I think it's fine. Quinn Penelope or quinn marie sound good..
  • cee_marieecee_mariee member
    edited February 2019
    Reposting with a real username!

Help please!!

• Okay so apparently the update of my username didn't go through!
    Sorry everyone for the spam of this reply!

Help please!!

• @cee_mariee I think the one syllable first and last name sounds fine! She'd rarely be called by both at the same time anyway. Quinn is adorable. Is Hainsly a family name? 
  • @CeeMariee I think it sounds fine. Love the name Quinn! Friends of ours have a daughter Quinn with a one syllable last names maybe you could do the middle name 2 syllables to break it up.
  • @cammie0526 it is not! we just stumbled upon it and like it!
  • I came up with another girl name recently - Leighton Eryn. 
    Long story, but it's after both DH and I. My middle name is LeAnn (hence the "Leigh" in Leighton), and DH's first name is Aaron. It is family tradition on his side to give the first son his father's first name as his middle name (this goes back several generations). This baby will be our last, whether it is a boy or girl, so I thought it would be a neat way to honor DH if he doesn't get a boy. Plus, I have a really awesome friend named Eryn, so I thought it would be fun to honor her with this spelling, as well.
  • @lilybubbles both of my kids have L names and DD is Lilah too. The L thing wasn't on purpose, but now that we're expecting baby #3 I feel like it would be weird not to stick with it so this baby will either be Lucy or Levi
  • I really love Jonah for a boy but Dh isn't having it.
  • I think a girl will be Kailey Catherine and a boy will maybe be Liam? Maybe Liam Joseph? Not sure... boy names were really hard for us with DS and I'm still stumped. We know so many males with all of the traditional names. I want something known but not overly common (though Liam is becoming extremely common now anyways).
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think we've settled on our girl name.
    Maren Morgan. Maren is a nod to my DH's Scottish heritage. And Morgan is my best friends name who passed away 8 years ago.   

For a boy we like Sawyer. But we haven't really discussed a middle name yet. 
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • I, of course, have had a list of potential names since I was probably 12 (maybe younger🤷‍♀️).  SO just keeps telling me to pick a name.  At this point I'm becoming frustrated because I think this is something that should be chosen together.  (Sidenote * this is first child for both of us)  
    Anyway, I have always liked Sydney Jo, but my late husband's name was Joe and I fear controversy in that choice. (Possibly resentment that won't present until it's clearly too late to change a child's name).

He has mentioned he really likes his brothers middle name as a first name, River, and for  life of me the only middle name I can match that with would be Lee (or maybe even Riverly for a girl? ).
    Other names I like are Kennedy and Taylor.
  • So cute!!! 
    @lilybubbles both of my kids have L names and DD is Lilah too. The L thing wasn't on purpose, but now that we're expecting baby #3 I feel like it would be weird not to stick with it so this baby will either be Lucy or Levi

• I shared my new favorite girl name with DH today (Leighton Eryn), and he was just 'meh' about it...7 more months to convince him (if it is a girl)...bwahahaha.