G3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) : w/o Feb 4

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down?

Re: G3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) : w/o Feb 4

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    16W3D ... July 20

Avocado 

Green

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Feb 13- regular OB

How are you feeling?: 
    Good! Second tri is my jam.

Rants/Raves:  
    My belly button is almost gone, officially a flatty. This didn’t happen til well past 25 weeks last time!!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down?

Oh man... an Alaskan cruise. When I spend money on vacation I want it to be somewhere hot so I can’t see myself booking an cold weather cruise. But I wouldn’t turn it down! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 15w6d July 24

Baby is the size of a(n): jar of nutella

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out 

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 7, 16wk appointment

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, minus the round ligament pain or whatever this crap is. Also getting sore hips when sleeping. Also feeling more pregnant at night before bed, had a small melt down last night cause I feel uncomfortable with my stomach and I was in tears. I don't do well with change, and need time to adjust. 

Rants/Raves:  Rant that people  keep telling my husband my sex drive comes back in the second trimester and he's super excited. I still don't want to be touched.. he is being super patient but wish people would stop telling him this. It will happen when it happens

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down? My boss gifted me a custom pair of Bose wireless headphones for Christmas, I'd never spend the money on them, but sure not going to turn them down. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jennm0724 Those will definitely come in handy for maternity leave when you want to watch and listen to stuff while you're stuck under sleeping or nursing LO :) 

@canuckmomma Oooooh yes, an Alaskan cruise would be amazing. My grandmother took one when I was a child and the photos were incredible. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/19 16w+4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Can of soda

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: 2/21 midwives; 2/26 20w ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, I've finally gotten the hang of sleeping on my sides with a pillow between my knees and it's been easing up my aches and pains. I really need to work on my posture as belly continues to push forward though.. thankful for pilates in a couple hours. 

Rants/Raves: I am so ready for Spring. Our winter has been cool and clammy with lots of rain and only last night did we have our first snow. All I want is to be able to walk outside without being freezing cold or dripping wet so that I can start getting more exercise without driving across town to the rec center. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down? I have a hard time with this because I have a hard time spending any money on myself, I'll have to come back to it. 
  • aam1519aam1519 member
    edited February 2019

16+1 due July 22nd 

donut 

Find out the sex March 5th! 

Upcoming Appointments: 

March 5th 

How are you feeling?: 
    I am feeling great since I’ve hit the 2nd trimester. Last week I ended up with a spell of vomiting and a cold. 

Rants/Raves:  

Pregnant + a cold = misery 
    hate only being limited on medications 

Questions: 

I find it crazy to think that at this point with my first baby vs this one, I’ve gained the same amount of weight....but I’m bigger with my second. 
  • foodislovefoodislove member
    edited February 2019
    @canuckmomma We did an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon, which was a gift from the in-laws, and I agree - would have never gotten it for myself! It was fantastic though. 

@jennm0724 I hate that myth SO much. I never had an increased sex drive with my last pregnancy, and this one is going the same way. I am so sorry your hubby isn't holding in his expectations well.

@mamanbebe Also so done with the cold.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16w, due July 23

Baby is the size of a(n): Poached Pear

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 12 for a check-in

How are you feeling?: Depression is setting in. I almost expected it because I had PPD almost immediately after M was born the first time around, but it doesn't really make me feel better to know I'm advocating for myself. I'm not good at remembering daily meds, which handling my PPD required. DH is also feeling unloved and unappreciated right now because all I can focus on is my own misery and it's really testing our marriage, and making it even worse for me.

Rants/Raves:  Rant that I don't fit my maternity clothes from last time. I am only 10 lbs up from where I started last pregnancy, but I tried to wear a pair of my work maternity pants last Friday and they were so tight I was miserable. I don't want to have to buy new clothes all over again... so expensive.

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down? A dinner at a molecular cuisine restaurant. I'm so fascinated by the concept, but not entirely sure I'd actually like the food in the end, so... if it was free, yes! 
  • @canuckmomma I've had a few friends take the Alaskan cruise and I've heard nothing but amazing things about it! All the pictures look so amazing. I'd love to do it, but the husband hates cruise ships LOL! 

@mamanbebe thats all I could think that these will be great when I'm trying not to disturb anyone! 

@foodislove my husband is being super patient with me, he just tells me what others are saying. He never pressures me, he is a very affectionate person and knows when I've reached my limit of cuddling LOL. 
    I'm sorry your dealing with depression and that it is causing stress in your marriage. 

• @jennm0724 ... mine has gone up in the past two weeks. Yay! But I didn't wanna be touched at all in first tri.
  • OoandreaoOOoandreaoO member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16+1

Baby is the size of a(n): avacado

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: I just had my 16 so yesterday and my 20 week + scan is March 4

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, anxious a little bit about scheduling my csection and the anatomy scan. I have an anterior placenta and I’m hoping it moves up a bit!

Rants/Raves:  My hips are killing me at night and the round ligament pain can be tough to deal with. My pregnancy pillow helps, but not always.  

Questions: 

I love handbags! Really nice, expensive ones but I can’t bear to spend money on them! If I got one as a gift, I’d hold on to it tight!
  • @foodislove Sorry to hear you have been struggling with depression. I felt unusually down and unmotivated during my first trimester and I'm hoping I will feel better now that I am in the second. 

@OoandreaoO my right hip has been hurting at night too. My chiropractor gave me a little massage ball thingy to try on it. I haven't tested it out yet. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24/15w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): nutella jar

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out (I think)

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow morning OB appointment

How are you feeling?: Finally a little more energy this week. Hoping I am slowly coming out of exhaustion. Managed to cook dinner and do laundry this week! Big improvement over the last few months. 

Rants/Raves:  We are currently trying to potty train DS. Hoping to have him fully potty trained before new baby comes. It has been interesting to say the least..... I find I get the sharpest round ligament pain when I am running around after him. He has been a super energetic maniac toddler these last few weeks. Not sure if I want to rant or rave about this situation. He is a cutie pie but also a lot of work! 

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down? I have never understood the concept of spending thousands of dollars on a piece of diamond jewellery (other than engagement ring). I have friends who buy themselves diamond earrings/necklaces/bracelets. If I have disposable cash, I'm probably spending it on vacations. Also I tend to lose jewellery. But if someone bought me diamonds as a gift, I would be pretty excited. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17/18

Baby is the size of a(n): avacado 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Friday with the midwives, then anatomy scan in two weeks

How are you feeling?: mostly good/ not all that pregnant other than my pants are tight 

Rants/Raves:  i sneezed yesterday and it fel like someone stabbed me, im still sore near my belly button

Questions: none

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down? Expensive Jewelry... i can't see spending hundreds on diamonds and gold jewelry for myself, but I'd gladly accept it as a gift. 
  • annewheeler2annewheeler2 member
    edited February 2019
    16w5d

Avocado 

Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Anatomy scan next month 

How are you feeling?: 
    Like a new person! 

Rants/Raves:  
    I met with a new dr yesterday and she calmed all my fears. The dr I met with before always gives worst case scenario and my anxiety can’t handle it so I’ll be staying with her.

Questions: 

i struggle with buying anything for myself since I have my girls but if someone got me a weekend get away from the kids I would pack my bags so fast 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @realhousewife519 how old is your DS? I have just started introducing the potty and we sit in it once a day before bed usually (he’s at a home daycare during day, she tries to encourage it too).  I haven’t fully giving it a real shot but we have a long weekend coming up end of feb... thinking we may stay home and do the whole pantsless/underwear only weekend lol. Any tips on your end? I’m gonna consider a sticker chart.... 10 pee on potty = a surprise?? I dunno ... #2 will be a whole nother ball game. 
  • @canuckmomma he is 2.5. He started seeming ready for potty training before 2 and we made some progress but then for the past 6 months he has hated the potty and screams when we put him on it. Right now we need to give him a treat and a round of applause every time he uses it successfully. I have also been thinking about doing the weekend thing. 
  • @canuckmomma @realhousewife519 Also trying to get our not quite 2.5 DS potty trained before this one gets here. He's zero interested in going to potty without a reminder, but when we do remind him (or bribe him) we can get him on the potty pretty easily. I'm working up towards a four day weekend I'm taking in March while my mom is here to really push it then.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 22, 16w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): grande iced coffee 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink! 💓

Upcoming Appointments: 2/26 -anatomy scan/OB apt

How are you feeling?: okay. Have been consistently congested for a couple weeks. Ligament pain occasionally, but otherwise feeling pretty good

Rants/Raves:  I don’t think I have any this week! Just excited for the anatomy scan. Haven’t seen baby girl for awhile. 

Questions: 

Probably a luxurious handbag, or expensive diamond jewelry. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/16W6D

Baby is the size of a(n): taco!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out on 2/26!!

Upcoming Appointments: just scheduled my 2/26 anatomy scan :grin:

How are you feeling?: Normal. That's the word I've been using lately. I feel like my old pre-pregnancy self minus the belly and occasional RLP aches. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: Glad I finally signed back up for a city rec membership with DH. My doctor reminded me yesterday that exercise is important and I've been slacking. DH is going out with a friend tonight and I'm excited for the excuse to leave the house and work out :) 
    Rant: Idk why this bothered me so much, but DH and I had to bring two pieces of mail to the rec center to confirm ID for a membership, and the receptionist handed me back my magazine and said, "We don't accept junk mail." Uh, my definition of "junk mail" is solicitation letters, not science magazines I have a subscription to. :unamused:  

Questions: nope!

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down? Well, if someone gifted me a vacation, I definitely wouldn't turn it down ;) 

@foodislove I'm sorry this is happening to you. Hoping you pull through. :heart: 
  • @jennm0724 I hate to say that I've had zero sex drive through both of my previous two pregnancies and so far same this time around. However, I was ready to go very soon after my babies!
    @foodislove I'm so sorry you are dealing with depression... glad you can recognize the signs and hope you can figure out a good routine with meds or whatever else that will help!
    @realhousewife519 we just potty trained our 2.5 year old! We started right at the beginning of the new year. I wouldn't say he's fully potty trained, but it's going well!! Good luck!!! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23, 16+1

Baby is the size of a(n): action figure

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan with MFM on Feb 19! Eeek... the real test if I can remain team green lol.

How are you feeling?: Good! Although I've been feeling pregnant the last couple days in the evening and I've been having some cramping. Standing on my feet all day chasing my kids is catching up to me! It's been a good reminder to take it easy!

Rants/Raves: My current baby is turning one on Friday and I'm feeling all the feels!!! He was a NICU baby and I've been crying every time I think about when he was born and how amazing of a kid he is now!

Questions: None :)

GTKY: What is something so ridiculous you'd never buy yourself (item, experience, etc.), but if you were gifted, you would not turn it down? Lol... I can't think of anything so I'm saying a squatty potty. I know it's not expensive but I'd never buy one but if someone gave it to me I'd accept.
  • @ccmama3 your answer is the best! Haha. 

EDD July 17, 17+1 

Baby is the size of a pomegranate. 

Team finding out

Appointments: 16 week OB visit was today. AS is on 27th just 3 more weeks to wait! 

Feeling: Pretty decent other than bad RLP. Bad. Baby relocated, so not really feeling as much this week, but HR was 135 at OB appt, so noth8g to worry about. 

Rants/Raves: Raves, having a really good time with DH. Just working on our relationship and what we are hoping for and it has been fun to bond over these conversations. 

GTKY: Um, I’d never buy a luxury car or like a Ferrari. But I’d absolutely accept it! 

• My mother in law passed away last night. Unexpected, she has been battling some health issues but we really thought she would make it to see the baby. I had an appointment yesterday but had to obviously cancel, hoping to see the baby on Monday. I think that would help brighten my husbands day for just a bit. 
  • @jennm0724 oh no! Im so sorry to hear about that loss. Hugs to you guys. That is a tough thing to go through and I know that they were really close. 
  • @jennm0724 I am so sorry for your loss <3
  • @jennm0724 I am so sorry for your loss. Sending love and grace for your family and especially you and your hubby for Monday and through the rest of the pregnancy. Xoxo
  • @hakele thank you. They were so close, so this is extra hard. Breaks my heart to see him so upset and there is nothing I can do to ease the pain. His dad passed away 5 years ago from a major heart attack. We had just started dating at that point, I wasn’t around him like I am now during the grieving process. It’s hard. 

@realhousewife519 thank you. 

@foodislove thank you. My MIL was so excited about the baby, she said she wanted it to be a girl, so we will see what is in store for us now. Hoping that the pregnancy provides a small distraction from the grief and he can find joy. I’m trying to be stressed because I’m afraid somehow it could affect the pregnancy. I think we both need to hear the heartbeat on Monday to get some calm in our life. 
  • So sorry @jennm0724 that must be so hard, especially when you were hoping she would meet the baby. Will be praying for you and your hubby!
  • So sorry to hear this @jennm0724. ❤️
  • @jennm0724 I’m late to seeing this but I’m sorry for your families loss. We’re here for you.