Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 2/4

Starting this because it's a day late and no one has yet, hopefully that's okay.

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show?

**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: TTCAL w/o 2/4

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC in November, CP this past Sunday

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  Just had my OB appointment to get my rhogam shot (2nd one in 3 months, yaaay) and talk to my OB about everything.  She doesn't think we're at the point of needing to do screening on me and MH, but says we can if we want to really rule it out.  My hCG level was 1, so she doesn't think I need an ultrasound to confirm at this point, which was good news to me because I don't want to have to see another empty ultrasound if I don't have to.  I told her I'm going to take 2-3 months off to reset and she thinks that's a good idea.  I also told her I might be interested in seeing the therapist who specializes in this stuff if I'm not starting to feel up in a week or two.  My marriage is feeling a bit strained because MH says he's not really upset about this, and is just acting like everything is fine and normal, when it really isn't for me.  I'm confident we'll be able to work through it, but I really don't want someone telling me everything is going to turn out just fine while I'm in the thick of another loss right now.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  Just finished some blood work, and just waiting to hear about my thyroid test results.  We might do a saline sono and genetic screening on me and MH if things continue to be problematic.

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show?  Cliche, but I'm going to have to say Game of Thrones.  I can't wait for the final season this year!!!

**TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll - I am really sorry about your recent loss and everything you are going through right now.  When we went through ours in November it hit me waaaaaaay harder than it did MH.  He told me he was more nervous when I told him I was pregnant than excited because he felt in his gut it was too close to having my mirena removed to stick, so he didn't really get his hopes up so to speak.  He just, overall, seemed to have a better and more positive outlook about it all (as in, my body just wasn't ready and it will be ready next time for sure) than I could have at that moment.  I did feel the need to keep my emotions to myself more, which made me feel off about things too.... so I completely get how you are feeling and I am so sorry you have found yourself there.  I think maybe it's harder for a man to grasp onto a pregnancy before it's really real to them... if that makes sense?  Like, it's real to us from the very beginning because we feel and sense everything and we give up so much and maybe it doesn't really turn real for them until they see or hear something on the ultrasound?  I dunno, I'm just ranting on here, sorry.  Hang in there, you're doing the best you can and that's more than anyone can ask for.  Sending you hugs. <3
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • edited February 2019
    @kpearse99 Thank you.  <3  Yeah, I definitely think the "realness" of it is different to them than us.  Although I will say that my last two pregnancies both seemed "off" to me deep down, but I don't necessarily know if that made me feel better about the losses in the long run.

*edited for wordage 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited February 2019

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC in March 2016 and a CP last week

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I should hopefully be done bleeding from the CP- its pretty much spotting at this point and temps are back in the range they are before O.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I had an appointment with my OB on Friday and I got the rhogam shot and my Hcg was <10 so hopefully my cycle won't be affected much- she said I didn't need to wait to TTC if I didn't want to. If I have another loss or don't get pregnant again in 5-6 months she is open to doing some testing and maybe getting a referral to a RE since I'm 35. She seemed pretty positive that things will work out but its so hard to be that way when you are in the thick of it all.

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show? Same as @shamrocandroll I love Game of Thrones- so obsessed!!

@Shamrocandroll I am so sorry for your loss- I feel like we are going through very similar things right now. My DH is also way more positive and upbeat than me which makes me feel like he doesn't care as much which I know isn't true that is just the way he is. I hope you can get back into a better headspace soon and you and YH can be on the same page about things.

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited February 2019
    @shamrocandroll - my last one felt off to me too.... even though I was just trying to convince myself that it felt "off" because it just felt different than when I was pregnant with DS.  But I think my gut and my heart were just telling me, or trying to prepare me, for what was about to happen.  But yea, it didn't make me feel any better about what happened.  It still hurt and sucked and took a lot out of me (still is from time to time).  You are allowed to feel however you want to, and need to, feel. Nothing about this is easy.

@Spartanrd4 I am so sorry for what you are going through too.  I am happy your OB is positive about everything though, that is always soothing to hear, but you're right - it's hard to hear and comprehend the positive things when you're in the middle of it all and feeling so much sadness.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc:  MC November 2018 at 6 weeks.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Just trying to keep everything low-key and relaxed as far as "trying" goes.  Going for the ole' "Trying without trying" approach.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  None

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show?  While I am obsessed with Game of Thrones too, my all time favorite is Dawson's Creek!  I'm such a sucker for that show!!

Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @Spartanrd4 It sounds like we had very similar conversations with our OBs.  I'm so sorry about your losses.  I hope things turn around for both of us very soon.  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @prpl11butterfly - GREY'S ANATOMY!!!  I so love this show too!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @prpl11butterfly Thank you.  I'm confident we'l get through it.  I need to work on understanding how he is feeling just as much as he needs to work on understanding how I am feeling.  Trying hard not to fall into the trap of taking our emotions out on each other.  Also, I'm so sorry your genetic testing has been such a nightmare!  Seems completely ridiculous at this point!  FX they finally get it right this time.  Do you have any other care provider options in your area if they continue to be incompetent?  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited February 2019
    @ruby696 - Thank you!! it really is so much less stressful, trying without trying.  Of course there are things I think about still (what if I’m ovulating now... did we have enough BD) but at the same time it’s nice to not check my CM every time I go to the bathroom or feel like I need to BD on certain days. I feel at ease and more positive, to be honest. So FX!! 

Im sorry it’s taking so long for your hCG to drop. Hopefully your draw on Monday will show low low low numbers so you guys can get back in action as soon as you’re able to. It’s crazy how long it can take sometimes. 
    Our TTC Journey

• @ruby696 Thank you.  I'm so sorry about your due date coming up.  I have a much harder time with those kinds of things than MH, too.

Big internet stranger group hug to all of you ladies.  It sounds like we could all use one this week.  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @ruby696 yes the first baby we lost was due in October and so was this one....I mentioned that to DH and that coincidence didn't even register with him at all 😞
  • @Spartanrd4 MH would never remember that either. I get that its in the past for them, but man.... must be nice.
  • And of course today my best friend at work told me she is pregnant- so then I just blurted out that I had a CP last week. I felt bad after the fact raining on her parade and she was there for me during my first loss but I just wanted to tell someone the fact I am struggling and she understood. It just sucks that this whole process is so easy for some people (get pregnant first time trying every time, no losses) and not for others. I am just having a little pity party for myself- you think you are doing okay and then something like this happens and you get triggered all over again.
  • @Spartanrd4 That's really hard.  I recently had to tell a good friend that I don't want to talk about her pregnancy.  She is due a month after I was due for my first loss.  It took me a while to tell her I needed a break from the topic because I felt bad not being there for her, but after this most recent time, I told her I had to hide her on Facebook because it really stings to see her updates.  She completely understood and has been reall great about it ever since I finally got past being passive with her about it.  I am one of those people who gets pregnant very easily, but the last two times the issue has been more staying pregnant that seems to be my problem.  :(
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @Spartanrd4 My neighbor is due in June, which is when I would have been due. Opening their announcement made me feel sick. It's so hard to have a constant reminder. Hugs.  <3

@kindbytealikat We will miss you, but it's so much more important for you to take care of yourself. So much love to you and I wish you the very best. <3
  • @kindbytealikat It's not necessarily that he isn't supportive so much as he doesn't seem to understand why I feel the way I do.  But he does try his best to support me when I come right out and tell him I need him to.  Anyway, I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but take the time you need to get back to the place you need to be right now.  Best wishes to you in whatever may come!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I'm so sorry YH is having trouble understanding, but I am glad he is still being supportive, despite that glitch.

@Spartanrd4 I did a similar thing to my cousin when I had my cp last fall, and she was super understanding and supportive. I felt really dumb over it, which is why I am telling you I did it--there was no need for my extra guilt, so I hope you aren't feeling any, & I hope yr friend being supportive led you to yr own conclusions like this. 

@ruby696 I very much enjoyed both seasons of Stranger Things. Netflix has some good ones, don't they!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: Hello all, no newbie thread yet for the week, so I am re-starting here-- hope that is okay.  I'm a former TTGPer, back too quickly, & will post to the newbie thread once one pops up.  cp oct. 2018, mmc jan./feb. 2019 (d&c this friday if my bod doesn't figure it out on its own. hope it's okay I am posting here already. TB has been a big part of this journey for me since my CP & I would feel weird not having a place to post.)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I'm in whatever stage of grief this is, plus a sinus infection, plus realizing because of all of this & my own slacking, I will not be able to graduate this semester as planned. / DH has been AWESOME though.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? n/a

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show? Oooooh this is tough. That I am currently watching or of all time? If currently: I dig The Blacklist. If all time, probably Mad Men.

• @kagesstarshroom I am so sorry to see you back here. I'm available through PM if you need to talk. ❤
  • @kagesstarshroom Oh no, I'm so sorry you're back. So much love to you right now. <3
  • @kagesstarshroom We must have been here at different times before, but I'm sorry that you're back.  
  • @Spartanrd4 I get blindsided by things that trigger me and then I just start crying. It makes for really awkward moments sometimes. I'm glad you were able to share your CP and get some support. 

@kindbytealikat I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. I understand the need to step away. We will be here when you're ready. 

@kagesstarshroom I'm so sorry you are back here. 
  • @kagesstarshroom I am so sorry that you are back here.  Loss sucks and is so unfair.  Hugs to you. 💚

@kindbytealikat we will miss you around here but I totally get the need to step away. TTC is so emotionally draining.  

@kbrown2385 I am sending so many good thoughts your way and crossing everything for you this tww. 💚 BTW what are your thoughts on the Downton Abbey movie?

@ruby696 I hope your next test shows the HGC is out of your system.  I can't imagine how frustrating that is.  

@prpl11butterfly I am rooting for you so hard this cycle. 💚 I hope you get your test results back soon and that you get some answers. You have waited so long. 

@Spartanrd4 it's so damn hard hearing about other people's pregnancies.  Since my loss last month it seems like I've been bombarded by announcements.  I'm glad your friend was so supportive. 💚

@shamrocandroll that's tough that you and your H are both feeling so differently right now.  💚 It sounds like you know exactly how your want to move forward and what you want to do to take care of yourself.  

@kpearse99 I envy your ability to be chill this cycle.  Can you send some of those vibes my way? :)

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1 loss in December at 5 weeks 1 day

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I am getting more anxious as I get closer to O.  I honestly don't know how I am going to react to the outcome of this cycle, whether it is positive or negative. I decided I am not going to temp after I confirm O because I don't want to obsess over my chart, comparing it to the cycle where I got my bfp.  I am BSC enough right now looking out for signs of O because I don't want to miss it.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope.  I wish I had asked about testing my progesterone at my post-miscarriage follow up, but I wasn't thinking clearly. 

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show?  I have so many that I like but I don't know if any would be a favorite.  Right now my DVR is full of "How to Get Away with Murder", "Victoria", "Grey's Anatomy" and "A Million Little Things".  I also can't wait for "Call the Midwife" to come back.

• @kagesstarshroom I am so sorry about your losses.  I think it's absolutely more than okay for you to post here.  Whatever helps you to begin to heal.  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

Hi, I hope it's ok I join in here. I just intro-ed. First off I am very sorry to everyone for their losses. I had a MMC diagnosed at 7w6d on 2/1

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I'm still miscarrying so things are not great. I saw my RE yesterday, waiting on the HCG results to see how high it is and start tracking it down. Physically I think the worst is over, but emotionally I am a wreck. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Just waiting on tracking the HCG, and do a repeat next week. 

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show? I have a lot. I'm a big Law and Order fan. I regularly watch New Amsterdam, How to get away with Murder, The Good Place, Superstore. Or old favorites like The Office, Parks and Rec, ER, Friends, HIMYM

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 I'm so sorry for your loss, again.  I'm currently at the tail end of my most recent loss myself.  It's such a hard roller coaster of emotions.  The physical part is definitely hard, but the emotions sneak up on me at the most unpredictable times, and I yearn to go back to feeling like myself again.  Big internet stranger hugs to you!  <3
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited February 2019

@hanshotfirst77 and @kagesstarshroom I am so sorry for your losses and that you find yourself here. Hugs!!

@emeraldduchess I am anxious about trying this cycle too. Also about progesterone I had mentioned to my OB if she thought it was low and that is why I had a CP (like a luteal phase defect) and she said supplemental progesterone evidence is shaky at best and most likely because the pregnancy was abnormal and didn't implant properly that is why the progesterone wasn't sustained and not the other way around. My LP is about the same as it was *TW when I had my LC TW* so she is probably right but just wanted to know her thoughts on it. Good idea about not temping, I wish I could stop being so obsessive with things and go with the flow but its just not in my nature!

• Just a quick gigantic thanks to all of you for your kindness. It means so much. 

And huge enormous hugs to @hanshotfirst77-- so sorry for your loss. 
  • @hanshotfirst77 I'm so very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, some of us are pretty experienced with loss, so if you have any questions or need to talk, please feel free to reach out. <3
  • *lurking* @kagesstarshroom I am so sorry to see you back here.
  • @hanshotfirst77 I am so sorry for your loss. Like Ruby696 said, we are all here for you. My inbox is always open for any needs my fellow loss ladies may have for me.
  • Thank you all, it means a lot to me. 3

I just got my HCG back, On friday it was 1750, as of yesterday it was 102. So I guess at least it seems to be dropping quickly. I know it probably varies but does anyone know how fast it should get to 0?

@kagesstarshroom Big hugs to you too

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 Sorry for your loss.  That's a good sign that your HCG is dropping.  I've had different experiences in the past with how quickly mine drops, and I haven't had it tested yet this time.
  • @emeraldduchess I haven’t looked into it too much, I just know I want to see it. I’m not a big movie theater person, but I told dh we were going whether he liked it or not. I really loved the show and cried when it was over, so it’s a must see for me. 
  • @hanshotfirst77 I am so very sorry for your loss.  💚
    @Spartanrd4 thanks for sharing your experience and what your OB said.  The PA at my follow-up said that it was most likely a chromosomal defect although there's no way to know since there wasn't anything to test.  I think my mind keeps going to progesterone because I wish I had some answers or something that I could do differently this cycle. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. I hope it’s okay I’m just jumping in here after the newbie thread. Ectopic diagnosed at 6w1 on 2/6  got one dose of methotrexate and praying I don’t need surgery  

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? If anyone has gone thru an ectopic and taken methotrexate I would love to ask you questions either here or in PM. I’m hoping to find out your experience with it and what kind of side effects you went thru so I can prepare. I was supposed to be on a plane going to Anaheim this weekend for a best friends trip to Disneyland, so I’m bitter. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Getting hcg testing every 4 days. Praying it get lower by next week

GTKY: What is your favorite TV show? I could watch The Office and Parks and Rec  over and over. Also love Greys but have been too hormonal to watch it. 

• @dolewhipper I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm going through a MMC myself right now.Heartbreaking doesn't begin to describe it. I don't have any experience with ectopics but I hope you don't need surgery too. Big hugs!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3