Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 2/5

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Tuesday 2/5

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 eeekkk I'm so excited about your chart, seriously hope this is your cycle. 
  • @kimmer1412 wish I had the motivation to get up and work out! My bed is way too comfortable 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • **lurking**
    @prpl11butterfly it's because if you're on progesterone, you're "artificially" keeping your BBT up. So basically FF isn't comfortable making a decision.
  • @prpl11butterfly I agree that I don’t think I o’d on cd 15. All physical signs pointed to o’ing cd 16 and I started crinone on cd 18. 
  • @daffodil_shoe ok, that makes sense. I will leave it for now but if my CHs disappear, I'll stop entering the Prog.

@kbrown2385 do you usually get a dip day after? I get a dip most days of O so that is why I was thinking 17.
  • @prpl11butterfly if they disappear but you're very confident on the day you O'd, just do an override.
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited February 2019
    @prpl11butterfly I only have a four months of charts and this is my second one temping vaginally. It can go either way with the dip. 

Edit for tag
  • Good morning everyone! Going to try to be more positive today :) 

Month/Cycle: 16

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: -3, -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 14-15

Testing: probably just WFAF on Friday (or testing that morning, TBD)

R/R: we're making a decision today on putting a (very expensive) bandaid on our old furnace or buying a whole new one. I'm feeling very anxious about money but I should be getting some sort of bonus in March and hopefully a small raise? Keeping everything crossed for that. Also, I think I'm going to call the RE to make an appointment for April, I think that'll help me not feel so hopeless.

CS/Q: how on earth does putting exercise into FF take me from 13 preg points to 7!??! I think FF needs to reevaluate their algorithm. 
  • @kimmer1412 The only time I get super hungry is during AF. 

@kbrown2385 I am jealous of your 60s weather! Enjoy it!

@inthewoods23 I want to hear these juicy helicopter parent stories!
    I totally get you about baby showers. I know I have at least 2 this year now. Ugh, I hope I get pregnant by then. Mine will be filled with drama though :D . My MIL will stress out how all the women in the family (her daughters and DILs) always prepare these showers all together and I am not going to be included in any of the plans until the day before the shower. I am going to be tasked with something trivial (bring extra paper napkins) while all of them have been baking, decorating and so on, and then I will be asked for money to pay for all the prep. And then I will say "Nope!" Just thinking about it I am all

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited February 2019
    @kbrown2385 I don't know if this was a one-time deal but I bought 3 months of FF for $16 and when it ended, I had the option to upgrade to 1 year for $30 so I bought the one year. I have 282 days left of VIP!

@prpl11butterfly I don't know how the crinone affects temps but if you temp vaginally, it doesn't matter if you're cold or sweating, your body regulate its temp to stay consistent.
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• @kimmer1412 good job getting out to work out from another member of the early workout crew! I'm impressed at how consistent your temps are. 

@inthewoods23 I don't want to get your hopes up, but your chart looks so good! I am so hopeful for you! Can't wait to hear the story about the student. Hopefully you can get out of the shower!

@kbrown2385 I've never done it, but have heard good things about Beachbody! Or you could be crazy and try something like P90X? I haven't decided if FF VIP is worth it or not. I think I got it on sale. Now that I'm not even temping, it seems kinda pointless haha. Your chart does look good! I agree with @prpl11butterfly that O could be CD 17 (take my opinion with a grain of salt though, I am also bad at reading charts)

@prpl11butterfly that's exciting about the potential house! Hopefully they did add land and you get an accepted offer! 

@rikiteacup congratulations on accepting the job! That's so exciting! Super lame about the sick time though - will they pay it out for you?
  • @rikiteacup congrats on accepting the offer. I'd be mad about losing sick time too but better opportunities await! I do temp vaginally so that makes sense.

@b_1029 I think in your shoes I would just go all new. I'd be concerned that something else would go after applying the bandaid and having wasted that $$.

Also, my boss just brought in cupcakes. So much for eating well so far today....
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited February 2019
    @b_1029 how old is your furnace? I would just buy a new one if it's around 10 y/o.
    I agree, FF algorithm is stupid. Don't pay attention to the preg points. Some people had like 30 the day before AF and some had like 3 and they got a BFP. It is based on data people enter on their charts. But working out shouldn't have any effect on that unless all the women who entered working out as a data ended up with BFN. That's the only explanation I see.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• @kimmer1412 - I also get super hungry in the first few days of LP! Like, ridiculous. 

@inthewoods23 - Not to be creepy, but I am rooting so hard for you! This week can hurry up!

@prpl11butterfly - that is SUPER exciting! Keep us updated!

@b_1029 - Our A/C bit the dust at the beginning of last summer. Almost cried writing that check. Totally sucks spending huge $$ on not fun home expenses. 

@rikiteacup - Congrats on the new job! Will they pay out sick time when you leave or just say peace out?

AFM...

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 19/6

Timing: Good *crosses fingers*

Typical LP length: 11ish

Testing: Ok prob this weekend

R/R: Nothing much on my end, cold again with snow in the forecast so I'm sure this week will get crazy. If school cancels it'll be bananas as usual. 

CS/Q: This is random now that we're in the TWW, but does anyone here have incredibly painful ovulation symptoms? The past three months I swear I can feel the moment my follicle ruptures, intense cramps almost to the point of nauseous, usually ends in TMI... diarrhea.  There is a chance it is a complete coincidence just curious. 
  • brookert615brookert615 member
    edited February 2019
    @kimmer1412 Great job getting that workout in and having all the healthy stuff for lunch! My appetite is weird so I won't be much help with the LP but that's interesting! Hope you're able to snack enough so you don't start feeling sick!

@inthewoods23 Can't wait to hear the stories! You're so close and your CHART!!! Crossing everything for you!!! I must've missed something but what competition are you in? 

@kbrown2385 Yay for great weather! I noticed with Metformin if I slack on my diet - I don't gain the weight as I usually did. Also - those exercise balls you can get at pretty much any store usually have a band and workout videos that you can access online? I just got a ball to sit on at work and it came with all kinds of stuff lol.

@prpl11butterfly Oh! That would be wonderful about that house! Hope it all works out and you're able to make an offer! 

@rikiteacup Yay on the new job!!! Bummer about the sick time but glad you have a better opportunity your way! 

@b_1029 Hope you get that raise and are able to figure out the furnace situation! I've never tried inputting exercise into FF! That app gets crazy lol. Glad you made that appointment. April is so close, but I'm really hoping that by that time you don't need it!

@mhamik I think I'm a SS when it comes to ovulation but if you're seeing signs I think that's good! Just make note of it and see what usually happens around O for you! 

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 22/4

Timing: Ok

Typical LP length: 11-13 

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Got my morning lift session in and going to do cardio after work. I'm 3lbs away from losing 20lbs since January 7th! Even though I don't see the changes yet, it's nice to see that scale FINALLY move! Also, I'm already prepping my mind for a BFN? Like WHY do I do this? I just don't have the excitement I usually do around this time because I had some pretty bangin' charts and timing before and I'm thinking I just didn't have as good timing and everything as previous months. BAHH. Sorry for the crazy Brookert rant :)

CS/Q: A part of me is thinking I might not temp for the rest of this cycle. I get crazy and over-analyze too much!  

*EDIT I don't know what happened but everything got switched LOL.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @prpl11butterfly yeah, we're leaning towards new. It really just depends on the different financing options since we don't have several grand laying around right now! (I wish haha) Super jealous of your cupcakes!

@rikiteacup older than me! It was manufactured in 1986  :D I think we'll end up buying new.

@mhamik I get pretty bad pain around ovulation but nothing like you described - ouch!

@brookert615 I'm glad your back is feeling better and you're able to lift again! (I feel like we're lifting sisters, lol). Feel you on prepping your mind for a BFN. I've been doing the same thing...better than being shocked, right?
  • @prpl11butterfly mmm cupcakes...

@b_1029 go home FF, you're drunk
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @b_1029 your furnace is 33 years old??? Woah, yeah it has lived its life. DO NOT pay for expensive band-aids. Buy new! It will run better and save you money too.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• edited February 2019
    Um, don't knock 1986. It was a pretty freaking awesome year!

ETA @rikiteacup is right. You'll save $$ on running it so you will recoup the costs in a decent amount of time.
  • @brookert615 it's a high school robotics competition. DH and I both mentor.

@rikiteacup congrats on making the job official! 

I feel like such a lazy bones with all this workout talk!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @b_1029 Thank you so much! I mean we def are sisters somehow? LOL! We are close in age, like to lift heavy things, and have names that start with B! HAHAH. I'm legit prepping for Valentines Day being a AF just started pity party where I drink and eat all of the things. Thinking about maybe creating different alcoholic concoctions that are named after the bitter feelings  :D.

@inthewoods23 Okay, that is super cool!!! All I'm thinking is robot wars for some reason? 
    TW
  • @brookert615 we don't destroy other robots, but that's what a lot of people immediately think of too.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @b_1029 oh gosh, good luck with your furnace! probably better to get a new one. Hopefully there’s some good financing options to help ease the stress a little. 

@prpl11butterfly I tried taking out all my opks and for showed ovulation on cd 13. Idk what it’s doing but it needs to figure it out. Hopefully I didn’t screw anything up with the progesterone 🤷🏻‍♀️

• @kimmer1412 Look at you with exercising AND eating right! I have been grabbing snacks to nibble on while watching tv after I finally work out. I always feel like I need a treat for having exercised, ha. Especially after taking a 4 day hiatus from exercising due to having a cold.

@inthewoods23 ahhh, the suspense is killing me!!! C’mon Friday! Also, helicopter parents make me so upset; even just the mention of them gets me riled up.

@kbrown2385 warmer weather is such a welcomed change!! Regarding ff, I’m on my first month, so it’s a free 30 day upgrade to vp. Personally, so far, I haven’t seen anything worthwhile. I think it’s actually worse for me to start trying to look at its “points” since it’ll just get me worked up and trying harder to ss if that’s possible.

@prpl11butterfly that’s so exciting about the potential house!! GL! Also, are we both 1986 babies? I mean, I know I am...

@rikiteacup Congrats on the new job!! I’m so glad you went in for the interview even tho you were skeptical about it at the time!

@b_1029 it sounds like you’re not feeling quite so overwhelmed anymore. I hope that’s the case!! I’m also tossing in my vote to go for a new furnace. Everything we’ve tried to save on this house comes back to bite us.

@mhamik boo to the continued cold weather! Sorry if I missed an earlier detail, but how do the schools affect you? Do you work at a daycare?

@brookert615 17 pounds is awesome! Congrats! Also, I take turns playing out scenarios of bfn and BFPs. Once I feel like I’ve convinced myself that it’s one of them, then I go back to reimagining the other scenario, and repeat. Love the VD idea!

Month/Cycle: 9

CD/DPO: brb checking ff...24/7

Timing: good

Typical LP length: ff says 11-13

Testing: ugh, quit asking me, maybe Monday?

R/R: looooooving the latest weather shift, but already dreading that snow is forecasted for next week. Also happy to be an extra bit busy lately since I’m hosting a party later in the month and I’m having my mom over on Friday for her birthday. Still working out what to make her to eat, but I’m pretty happy with what mh and I will be gifting her: luggage clips that allow you to roll more than one suitcase at the same time, a heating pad for her neck, and a “coupon” for mh and me to help her at her house for at least 3 hours. She can be really hard to shop for, and with Christmas not too long gone, I always stress out trying to come up with a decent idea.

CS/Q: I don’t know how accurate the temps are because I cannot seem to wake up very close to the same time each day. Ehh, it is what it is.

• @begging4abump Thanks! Sounds like your mom will have wonderful gifts! 
    TW
  • @kbrown2385 I think you'll be okay. Even if O was ss CD 17, you started the meds on 18. Same schedule as me that.

@begging4abump Nov 86 to be (close to) exact!
  • I'm so overwhelmed by how busy it got in here!  (You have one full morning and don't check TB....)  :wink:

@brookert615:  I don't temp after O confirmed b/c I do go crazy analyzing things.  Although I'm notoriously bad at temping anyway.  And WAYTOGO on the weightloss.  That's amazing!

@b_1029:  totally agree with @prpl11butterfly and @rikiteacup :  you'll probably save serious $$$ on your heating costs with a new unit.  Although, yes, it does totally suck to have buy the thing.  That was our "Christmas present" a few years back.

@inthewoods23 :  I've got my fingers crossed SO tightly for you!!!  And also - my mental image will remain of you crushing robots with a bigger/badder robot.  Ha.

• Month/Cycle: Cycle 6

CD/DPO:  52/6

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 14 days 

Testing:  15dpo, if no AF.  (Yeah, that's Valentines day, but I'm figuring that I'll get AF on 2/13 anyway)

R/R:  RAVE - we had an amazing potluck at work today.  AMAZING.  I'm so happy right now, and just want to take a little food-nap now. 

CS/Q:  Nope. 
  • @begging4abump lmao that's me too every time I get to the CD/DPO part. Always have to check!

@littleredm I tried folding my clothes the Marie Kondo way the other day which actually does look really nice in my drawers! Not sure I'm folding my underwear right though 🤔
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @lcking82 It has been quite busy in the TWW! Thank you! Pot Lucks are the best! What was your favorite thing? Glad you enjoyed it! 

@littleredm Thank you so much! Glad you're feeling good today! Way to go on getting that workout/stretching in - it really makes the day start on the right foot! Glad you're keeping up with the Marie Kondo method!
    TW
  • @prpl11butterfly how much land would you get? That's so exciting! Ahhhh!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @prpl11butterfly How awesome! Fingers crossed it all goes well and you can get it!!! 
    TW
  • @prpl11butterfly that's so exciting!!