September 2019 Moms

group 4 (9/23 - 9/30) check in w/o 2/4

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Interesting baby fact:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood?

Re: group 4 (9/23 - 9/30) check in w/o 2/4

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  9/27; 6w3d

Interesting baby fact:  Baby is the size of sweet pea (ok, not so original, haha).

Upcoming Appointments:  2/14 is my first appt!  Looking forward to seeing the little one.

How are you feeling?  Food aversions kicked in over the weekend.  Last time around I counted myself super lucky because I only had food aversion to protein - eggs, meat - I didn't have MS, and the food aversions only lasted from weeks 6-10.  I'm hoping that's true this time around.  So far the aversions are to heavily seasoned foods, though (curry, Indian food - both of which are super sad since I LOVE them).  But yay for being able to eat protein so far.

Rants/Raves:  My office building is doing a soft remodel, so is painting, wallpapering and recarpeting all of the main corridors (thankfully not the office suites).  The smells are horrendous, but, on top of that, I'm one of those people who freaks out about environmental toxins in pregnancy (VOCs), so this is making me super paranoid.  I'm trying to WFH as much as possible, but since no one at work knows why I'm particularly sensitive, it's hard to justify.  :/  

Questions:  STM+ crowd:  How early did you feel the baby move in pregnancy 2?  I know I haven't yet, but I'm curious.

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood?  The Lion King.  I maybe watched it every single day one summer.  :)
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w

Interesting baby fact: Baby is the size of a battleship peg. Eyes are forming

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow. Dating appt 2/22

How are you feeling? I want the daily spotting to stop. I'm  having very mild nausea and a little more tired than usual and don't really feel pregnant. I know its early. 

Rants/Raves: DD used the potty so well over the weekend! I think it's time we start really pushing potty. 

Questions: Anyone else having/had daily spotting in the beginning and is fine?

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? Disney singalong song videos.
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: September 23rd. 7 Weeks Today

Interesting baby fact: Baby is growing more than 100 brain cells a minute!

Upcoming Appointments: First one on Wednesday!

How are you feeling? I'm actually doing pretty good. I feel like I've had pretty minimal nausea. Some of you might remember I have a phobia of throwing up, so this is very welcome news. I figure if it doesn't get bad before the end of this week then I'm probably in the clear. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Rants/Raves: We bought a new car on Friday! A 2018 CR-V. We were going to go with a slightly older and cheaper car, but this one has all the new safety features so I was instantly sold. We decided to get a bigger car since we'll be adding a 4th member to our family in September and we wanted to get out of our luxury car (an Acura). While we liked our Acura, repairs on luxury cars are sooooooo expensive so we wanted to get rid of it before it started having problems. 

Questions: I asked this in the appointments thread too, but if we want to do genetic testing does anyone know what the next steps on that are? Will we likely have to set up another appointment? Will they do something at our appointment on Wednesday?

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? Pokemon! I am a huge nerd and still play pokemon games to this day, and am slowing working on getting my 3.5 year old obsessed.  :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited February 2019
    @mamaber2204 I would totally be worried about breathing in those toxins too. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I know it would make me anxious as well. 

@dolewhipper I'm sorry you are dealing with spotting. I haven't experienced that, but I can imagine it adds a lot of stress. 

~
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks today :)
    Interesting baby fact: Ear canals are forming (or maybe formed?)
    Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound is tomorrow morning 
    How are you feeling? Like crap. I jinxed myself last week by saying I was too busy to feel sick. I was barely surviving yesterday and had a horrible morning. I'm going to see if I can get some nausea medicine tomorrow at my appointment. I don't think I'll need to every day, but just to get me through on busy work days. 
    Rants/Raves: Skipped out on the super bowl and had a very nice night alone at home. I was able to read and cuddle with the dog. It was really nice. 
    Questions: I'm feeling super overwhelmed about daycare. Like when should you start touring them? And what will we do if they fill up? I'll probably add this to the great question thread...
    GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? Full House for sure. I remember watching it everyday with my sisters. 

ETA: spelling

• @kgg2241 Congrats on the new job!  I'm so glad they reacted so well to your exciting disclosure, too!  Will you get to take some time off between jobs?
  • @kgg2241 congrats on the job! I was hired at 24 weeks last time and they were pretty shocked, but still pretty happy when I told them after the offer. It is always such a relief.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: According to TB, I am 6 weeks and 7 days  :D

Interesting baby fact: Baby is the size of a bumblebee, which is my fav!

Upcoming Appointments: Finally made the first appointment. They don't do them until 12ish weeks, so I still have to wait a month

How are you feeling? Still pretty gross. My epigastric pain is still hell, but I've put a huge effort to eating healthier so it's not quite as hellish. This pain goes pretty much hand in hand with my nausea, so that's also been great. I swear my nose is more picky this time, but DH says I just don't remember. Whatever, if I had a stuffed up nose I wouldn't be sad.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? Boy Meet World and Home Improvement. I own all of the seasons on DVD and reference them more than I probably should.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks 

Interesting baby fact:  baby is size of blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: next Monday!  This will be my second, we thought I was at 8 weeks last week but was only 6!

How are you feeling? No real symptoms yet except for having to pee all the time and always tired!

Rants/Raves: seriously peeing twice a night is getting tiresome, literally!

Questions: none

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood?  Beauty and the Beast ❤️ love all the songs!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Due 9/26, 6 weeks 5 days.

Interesting baby fact:
    Today baby is the size of an earring post.

Upcoming Appointments:
    Intake appointment on 2/26.

How are you feeling?
    Too good?? Only symptoms are sore breasts, fatigue, mood swings (doesn't take much to make me cry these days), and very occasional cramping. Zero nausea, cravings, or aversions. I'm glad to be feeling good, but wonder if it means something is amiss.

Rants/Raves: 
    DH and I won my office's Superbowl board! We were each randomly assigned a number, and my number matched the halftime score (worth $20) and DH's number matched the final score (worth $30). $50 cash with absolutely no thought or effort is pretty cool.

Questions: 
    As a FTM, I guess I'm interested in hearing from STM and STM+ about the thing(s) that surprised you most about your first pregnancy. Just curious 😊

Allll the Nickelodeon shows. Doug, Rocco's Modern Life, Rugrats, All That, Hey Arnold, and so many more. 

@kgg2241 congratulations on the job offer!! So happy for you!
  • klpv415klpv415 member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/24 // 6w+6d
    Interesting baby fact: baby is the size of a honeybee
    Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for my first official OB appt and 2nd US.  
    How are you feeling? Today was rough. I had a monstrous headache, I felt like I was starving but also nauseous so I couldn’t eat anything to help with my stomach growling, and just overall felt awful. 
    Rants/Raves: Nothing in particular, just praying for a sticky baby. I’m still trying to hold back from getting excited. The people I’ve told are always like “Im so excited for you!!!” And I feel crappy when I’m just like “Yeah...  me too...” I just don’t want to get my hopes up again. I feel like this won’t be really real until I’m like 7 more weeks along. 
    Questions: Since I have a history of MC, and I’m seeing my ob this week when I’ll be 7w+2d, any ideas on when he’d want me to come back again? The thought of potentially waiting another 5 weeks for a 12 week scan seems miserable. 
    GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? All things Nickelodeon!

Edited because this app hates me. 
  • lilybubbleslilybubbles member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6wks due 9/30

Interesting baby fact: I have a wee bean

Upcoming Appointments: next Monday 2/18

How are you feeling? Icky. Lots of cramping

Rants/Raves: my DD does not want to wean off nursing. She’ll be 2 next month

Questions: can you nurse and be pregnant at the same time??

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? My girl! Love that movie! 

• Questions:  STM+ crowd:  How early did you feel the baby move in pregnancy 2?  I know I haven't yet, but I'm curious.
    I felt it about 4wks earlier the second go 'round, but my uterus is apparently tilted forward, so I'm inclined to feel things early anyway!

Questions: Anyone else having/had daily spotting in the beginning and is fine?
    I am having light spotting and hoping everything is fine, but I won't know until my ultrasound next week. RE's office doesn't seem too concerned since it's not enough to fill a pad and there are no clots, but... I don't like the spotting. I hope yours stops soon!

We bought a new car on Friday! A 2018 CR-V.

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? Pokemon! I am a huge nerd and still play pokemon games to this day, and am slowing working on getting my 3.5 year old obsessed.  :D
    Congrats on the new car!! And, heh, pokémon! My nearly-7yo is obsessed hard-core. He loves it and is making it his life's work to memorize every fact about every pokémon in every region. It's pretty great to watch. XD

kgg2241 said:
    Update for everyone... I GOT THE JOB.  
    Congratulations!! I'm glad they're cool with the maternity needs, too. <3

klpv415 said:
    Rants/Raves: Nothing in particular, just praying for a sticky baby. I’m still trying to hold back from getting excited. The people I’ve told are always like “Im so excited for you!!!” And I feel crappy when I’m just like “Yeah...  me too...” I just don’t want to get my hopes up again. I feel like this won’t be really real until I’m like 7 more weeks along. 

Questions: Since I have a history of MC, and I’m seeing my ob this week when I’ll be 7w+2d, any ideas on when he’d want me to come back again? The thought of potentially waiting another 5 weeks for a 12 week scan seems miserable.  
    Oog, I hear you. It's so, so hard to feel fully optimistic with a MC history. I try to live with the mantra, "Today I am pregnant, and that is a reason to celebrate", and it works better some days than others. For the OB, honestly, they probably won't see you again between the two unless there's something that shows up on the scan this week that they want to follow up on (which is unlikely). But you can do the NT scan at 11 weeks, which would at least shave one week off of that?

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    I'm 5+5 today!

Interesting baby fact:
    Ovia tells me that today is about when the arm buds start to grow, which is cool.

Upcoming Appointments:
    One week from my first ultrasound!

How are you feeling?
    Mostly okay. Tired and heartburn-y and a little emotional, but such is life!

Rants/Raves: 
    DH is on a work trip, DS1 had a snow day, and our power went out (and a few hours after it came back on, the internet went out!). Looking like another snow day tomorrow is likely, ugh. Yes, spending two straight days locked in my house with two kids and no other adults in sight is awesome. Wait, no, not awesome. The other thing. Crazy-making.

Questions: 

Gosh, so many things. In preparation for the WDW trip, we're watching a TON of Disney movies lately, including all my old favorites. (Except Little Mermaid, because it's apparently about to be re-released? Idk, but it isn't available for streaming purchase and has a release date of Feb 12.)
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    Due 9/25-6 weeks 5 days.

Interesting baby fact: 
    Today baby is the size of a ladybug.

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Had a dating US yesterday and all looked good. Saw the heartbeat and baby looked right on! Next appoint in two weeks with the doctor for actual intake.

How are you feeling: Besides tired, doing well. The lack of symptoms always makes it hard to believe I am pregnant.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave-saw baby. Doesn’t get much better
    Rant-Taking car of two other kiddos while also being tired from being pregnant is rough

Questions: 
    None

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your favorite show?: Rugrats, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Anything from TGIF era (Full House, Step by Step, Saved by the Bell)
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kgg2241 congrats!

@malloryfrommn I was surprised how long the last month was. It felt like ETERNITY. I was also surprised how sexy I felt when I got my big round belly.

@lilybubbles you can definitely nurse while pregnant, but it may cause contractions. Just be aware of your body. Many, many moms tandem nurse. May I ask how often she's nursing? My dd self weaned a few months after her 2nd bday and I used the "if mommy wants to have a baby we need to save the milkies!" and then have great cuddle time. 

@soralette thanks lady. Im having small clots, so....yea. FX today's appt will include a u/s to show if all is good.
  • @lilybubbles you can absolutely nurse while pregnant as long as you aren't high risk or experiencing complications. But if you are set on weaning, I know a lot of babies that weaned because they didn't like how the taste changed, so there is hope.
  • @lilybubbles I'm in the same boat.  My little one is almost 17 mos old and isn't showing any signs of wanting to wean.  I have heard that about 1/3 of nurslings wean themselves around the halfway point of mama's subsequent pregnancy - the taste changes and volume decreases noticeably then.  But if they make it through that period, many of them go on to tandem nurse.  I am going to go with the flow on what DS wants to do.  We'll see what happens!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 26

Interesting baby fact:

Upcoming Appointments: First ob appt on the 12th.  Can't wait for the u/s so I can relax a bit

How are you feeling? Hit or miss.  I am either super hungry or everything makes me feel sick.  Also, the migraines can stop now.

Rants/Raves: I survived the weekend with 2 kids while my husband was out of town despite having no energy.

Questions: I feel like I have a ball in my lower pelvis.  I don't remember this from my previous 2 pregnancies.  I feel like its way to soon to be feeling my uterus/baby.  Maybe it's because it's my third.   IDK.  Any stm+ moms experience this or am I just weird?

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? He-man/ she-ra.  I try to make my kids watch the new ones on netflix
  • @dolewhipper -- Yay for an appointment today! I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news. What time is your appointment?
    ---
  • @lilybubbles I nursed DS while pregnant.  He eventually self weaned because your production drops and taste changes while pregnant.
  • @soralette 4. Today has been draaaaging.
  • Hi guys! I'm late posting this week! Monday got away from me! 

@mamaber2204 Yes ma'am please take care of yourself around those fumes! My first pregnancy I told the office manager to keep me updates whenever she had someone out to paint/spray pest fumes so I knew to stay away. 

@dolewhipper Good luck at your appointment! Keep us updated! Also, have I ever told you how much I love your screen name?

@aliciac2008 ooo So glad you haven't hard to barf! FX that stays away. I also have a throw up phobia and only did once with my first pregnancy and honestly the anticipation of it was so much worse than the actual act of it. In terms of genetic testing... The more "advanced" and invasive testing is done later, like 16 weeks+. You can do some simple screener tests starting at 10-12 weeks. These will be done with your OB. Congrats on the new car!

@kgg2241 Ugh, daycare. Some places have 12+ month waiting lists! For me, it was deciding if I wanted a place near my work, or someplace where both DH and I could do drop offs/pick ups. I decided on the latter and that really narrowed down my options. I toured one place when I was 10 weeks with 1st pregnancy and had several months before I needed to secure her spot. Sorry your feeling bad but your super bowl evening sounds lovely! 

@bubsalicious Plus one to the sensitive nose train. I smell things in my house and am wondering "OMG does that always smell like that?!" And coffee kills me! 

@jeepwave LOVED Beauty and the Beast! Count yourself lucky for no symptoms yet!! 

@malloryfrommn I can understand feeling like something is amiss with light pregnancy symptoms. Just enjoy feeling okay while you can! Also, I was a MAJOR rugrats fan :) Awesome about winning the super bowl prize! What will you do with your winnings??

@klpv415 He probably won't ask you back until 12 weeks, HOWEVER, if you were to sprout a worrisome symptom (like spotting) he would probably work you in to take a quick peek. ;););) I would plan on having some very light spotting around week 10 (they're so cute then!) Also, I find fruit is the best when I'm needing to eat something but can't bare the thought of food. I'm sticking to pineapples, apples and blueberries. 

@lilybubbles While I've never breastfed, I think you CAN breastfeed and be pregnant at the same time, BUT doing both simultaneously can sometimes be very hard for your body. 

@soralette Oh no! Cabin fever is awful! Hoping the weather clears up a bit so you can get out of the house sooner than later! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks today!

Interesting baby fact: I'm growing arm and leg buds today! 

Upcoming Appointments: Next Tuesday! 

How are you feeling? BLEH. I will say, some days are better than others. Also, I am so miserably constipated (WTH?!) but am afraid to take anything. Now I get all of the "rigid" constipation jokes people make. It is NOT pleasant! 

Rants/Raves: Rant - It's slow at work and the boss will be gone for a month... Which I SHOULD be thankful for but am struggling with things to fill my day. Rave - ...the boss is gone for a month so no one here to see if I have to sneak a nap in my car on my lunch break  :D

Questions: Any natural constipation remedies that are safe for babe? Does prune juice really work? I'm desperate! 

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? I Love Lucy!! 

• @nomangos23 My number one go to for constipation is not prune juice, not fresh prunes, but dried prunes. Grab a handful of dried prunes and you will be pooping within the hour. If you're not, eat another handful. Prune juice doesn't have nearly the same amount of fiber in it and you can only eat a couple fresh prunes before your either full or sick of them. Dried prunes is the way to go!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @ljmoon6 *adds to amazon cart* You got me convinced. I'll do anything at this point! 
  • *lurking from g3*
    @nomangos23 I do a glass of citrucel every day. I’m terrible at drinking enough to stay hydrated so I get a glass of water(ish) and some fiber-moving goods at the same time! 😉
  • Y’all are amazing. Feel so much better now! 
  • @kgg2241 Congrats on the new job!! What a relief to hear them be so understanding! ... I have also been considering daycare/preschools. In the spring is when a lot of “round ups” and open houses start happening. My MIL currently watches 3 yo DS and has made it very clear that she does not want to any longer. So I’ll be looking for a dual daycare/preschool for the fall. I really don’t want to drop off at 2 different locations in the AM. It’s a very stressful process so I feel your pain! 

@klpv415 *TW* I also have had a previous miscarriage *end TW* and the doctor is having me come in at 7 weeks for a dating/viability u/s and an appt with a nurse. Then, they are still having me come in for a 9 week intake appt, which is when they usually schedule the initial appts for those they don’t consider high risk. So, I have an appt on the 8th and again 2 weeks later on the 25th. Then monthly after that. They did it the same way with my previous pregnancy. 

— —

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 28th // 6w3d

Interesting baby fact: Baby has tripled in size since conception! 

Upcoming Appointments: FRIDAY! I have my dating u/s on 2/8! It’s been the slowest week ever. I also have a 9w intake appt on Feb 25th! 

How are you feeling? Siiiiiiick since my 3 week! Dry heaving to the point I can’t stop retching to catch my breath! Speaking of breath, breathlessness kicked in this week! I was teaching class yesterday and speaking normally during my lesson and had to pause to catch my breath! 

Rants/Raves: Had THREE snow days last week. Teaching in a school corp that does elearning days so we don’t have to make them up....it doesn’t get much better than that! Plus, they were Wed-Fri so I had a wonderful 5 day weekend!! :) 

Questions: No questions currently.

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? Loved all the 90’s teen movies...She’s All That, 10 Things I Hate About You, Drive Me Crazy - takes me back! 
    Me: 29  H: 30
    Married: 4/27/13 
    BFP: 9/16/2014 * EDD: 5/25/2015 * M/C: 10/29/14 @ 10w2d 
    BFP: 1/25/2015 * EDD: 9/27/2015 * DS: 10/3/15
    BFP: 1/13/19 * EDD: 9/28/2019

• @mamaber2204 I felt DD#2 move soo early. I was only 14 weeks! I didn't feel DD#1 until 20 weeks.

@dolewhipper I spotted almost my entire 1st tri with DD#2. It was frightening. But she is now a healthy almost 2.5 year old :smile:

@kgg2241 I think daycare is super dependent on the demand where you live. Are there any local moms you can talk to, maybe even a local Facebook group, so you can find out how long the wait lists are? I live in a super rural area, so I can get my kids right in to daycare with no issues. But I have a friend that lives in Nashville and found out that their wait lists are longer than a year for childcare spots to open up! Wild concept to me. Oh, and congrats on your new job!

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/29 - 6w2d

Interesting baby fact: The face is taking shape and cheeks, chin, and jaws are beginning to form.

Upcoming Appointments: 1st U/S and OB appointment tomorrow!

How are you feeling? Pretty awful, unfortunately. Short of breath, constantly bloated and nauseous, horrible reflux, vomiting at least once or twice a day, constipated, and more exhausted than I ever remember feeling with any of my pregnancies. Come on, 2nd tri!

Rants/Raves: Well, all of my rants are above  :D Raves: My girls couldn't go to daycare yesterday because they had been sick with a stomach bug all weekend and were still recovering. DH stayed home from work yesterday to take care of them while I took a sick day from work and napped pretty much all day long. He wouldn't let me do anything - just sent me back to bed while he took care of it all. It was amazing! 

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? 1990s Nickelodeon!

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/25, 7 weeks today

Interesting baby fact: I now have a blueberry!

Upcoming Appointments: 2/13 intake

How are you feeling? I'm getting better at managing the constant hunger because I've changed up my eating habits to lots of snack-sized meals (those Costco hummus snack packs are my current faves). Still can't get used to waking up early everyday having to pee (especially knowing it'll only get worse). Not much nausea yet.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: When is everyone planning on telling their close family? I'm working on my in law reveal game plan now...

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? I'm a Disney kid so Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/28 - 6+4

Interesting baby fact: baby is still working on growing that gigantor noggin.

Upcoming Appointments: next Tuesday, 2/12!

How are you feeling? Anxious for my ultrasound next Tuesday.  I keep dreaming that this will either be an ectopic pregnancy or twins.  So will take a big weight off when I can sneak a peek at whats happening in there.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant - I am SO CRANKY lately. This is not new for me in pregnancy, but man I wish I could just stop. I don't want to be crabby. I just AM!  And I can't stop eating ALL THE THINGS.
    Rave - part of my 'eat all the things' slash 'start nesting a mere 30 weeks early' slash 'can't drink wine so might as well do something productive at night' has resulted in an almost daily 'empty the entire fridge onto the island and turn every single item into something new and delicious' venture.  I've baked cakes, apple pie bites, pizzas, lunch bowls, pulled pork, nachos... literally anything I can think of.  NOT complaining - and neither is the fam! 

Questions: Has anyone ever 'felt' that you were going to have twins and been right?

GTKY: What movie or TV show takes you back to your childhood? 'Double Dare Live' is coming to our area soon - that's definitely a childhood flashback!! 
  • @kmitchy I'm having onesies made and just waiting for them to arrive (plus want to get past the ultrasound next week) and will then announce to my parents and sibs. DH has already told his mom and sibs because he can't keep a secret from them to save his life.  Not planning on telling the rest of the world for quite some time.

@monkeysmom80 I remember 'the ball' well - especially in my last pregnancy.  I don't know that I could feel it this early but I could literally 'cup' what I think was where baby was growing loooow down in my pelvis. SO creepy!

@lilybubbles you definitely can! I nursed my now almost 2yo while pregnant with #4 - though she started to become less interested almost right away which is what tipped me off to the pregnancy at first. They say the taste, texture etc changes during pregnancy to start getting ready for a newbie.

@mamaber2204 I think I felt all of mine around 17ish.  I never got those super early flutters with any of my pregnancies!
  • @rencontrezmoi -- Aww, your DH sounds super sweet! I'm glad he's taking good care of you. <3

@nomangos23 -- Thankfully, we got to send 'im back to school today, and he's a LOT better now that he's had some proper running-around-with-friends time, LOL. For constipation, pear juice or pear puree can help a lot, too. (I'd let the prunes do their thing first and then try the pears, though; combining the two can be, er, a bit too much in the other direction, iykwim)
    ---
  • Im out ladies. My pregnancy ended up being ectopic and I was admitted to the hospital last night. I cannot encourage each of you enough, if things don’t feel right get checked out. It saved my tube (and possibly my ovary as it was right up against the ovary) because I didn’t take “oh you’re fine” as an answer. 1 in 80 pregnancies will end in ectopic and it’s much more common than I realized. 

If you’ve ever gone thru ectopic pregnancy, especially if they gave you methotrexate to end it, I’d love for you to PM me. I have a few questions.  
  • @dolewhipper I'm SO sorry.  Huge hugs and comfort to you during the most miserable time. :(  Do you mind me asking what triggered your feeling 'off' - was it just the spotting and lack of symptoms?  I keep dreaming that mine is also ectopic, but besides bad dreams have no real evidence, so have been holding tight till my scheduled U/S on Tuesday.  Like you, I just don't 'feel' pregnant - I have always at a minimum had super sore boobs right from the start - but they're soft and feel normal as ever this time around.
  • @dolewhipper oh no.  I'm so sorry.  I'm glad you advocated for yourself and got checked out, though.  If you're feeling up to posting your questions on a public board, the M/C/Loss board or the TTCAL thread on TTGP might have some ladies who could help you.  We'll miss you here  <3<3
  • @dolewhipper I'm so so sorry to hear this. We know our bodies better than we think. Please take care of yourself. Sending BIG BIG hugs. 
  • So so sorry @dolewhipper .  That's devastating news!  I'm glad you listened to your body and was able to get it diagnosed before anything worsened!  I'll be praying for you during this difficult time! 
    Me: 29  H: 30
    Married: 4/27/13 
    BFP: 9/16/2014 * EDD: 5/25/2015 * M/C: 10/29/14 @ 10w2d 
    BFP: 1/25/2015 * EDD: 9/27/2015 * DS: 10/3/15
    BFP: 1/13/19 * EDD: 9/28/2019

• @dolewhipper I am so sorry to hear your news. I've been thinking about you this week ❤ My heart goes out to you!! I, too, lost my pregnancy this week. Sending you a big hug. 
  • @dolewhipper I am so sorry to hear that, but I'm so glad you advocated for yourself so good that you saved your tube and possibly ovary.
  • dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    edited February 2019

@Kiddiesandkitties I had small bits of tissue loss with the spotting for over 10-14 days in a row. I was seen because I told them I thought I had miscarried. The NP at my OB didn’t actually catch it; she told me my uterus was clear as well as my ovaries after a very quick scan. Her answer didn’t sit right and I asked for an u/s by a tech. They’re the ones who caught it yesterday morning (I was quite livid at my OB). Being that I was supposed to go to Disneyland I wanted to be 100% sure. If you’re feeling off, remember the doctor works for you, not the other way around. You might have to pay a fee (I ended up paying an extra copay for the ob as well as a copay for the u/s and bloodwork) butnin my eyes it’s a small price for peace of mind  

Thank you so much @redbreast35 I will check it out  

ETA and thank you to everyone else. If something doesn’t feel right it’s within your rights to get checked out. I wish you all safe and normal, boring pregnancies