October 2019 Moms

GTKY: What do you do for a living?

(stolen from September 19)  <3 

I realize some may have mentioned this in the intro, but here is a thread to "GTKY" (Get to Know You).

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

Re: GTKY: What do you do for a living?

• Loading the player...
  • @jenferlee82 ooo, same position over here! I'm primary income, so DH will likely be a SAHD/dig further into our urban farming side-ventures! :) 

• @galentine Is your name Tammy? 😆
  • @galentine Is your name Tammy? 😆
    @melanier26, Tammy 1 or Tammy 2? 😉
  • @galentine how could I not know that about you?!?! Tammy 2 is my favorite. 

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @zaraanity so cool that you are so successful in the music business! I minored in music in college and I still play my clarinet every once and a while. It blows my mind looking at old sheet music from my recitals to think of what I used to he capable of lol. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @galentine @stephanie123456 Tammy 2 is my favorite too 😂 
  • zaraanity said:
    @jenferlee82 ooo, same position over here! I'm primary income, so DH will likely be a SAHD/dig further into our urban farming side-ventures! :) 

That’s so great! We will probably both keep working - me because we need me to and him because he loves it. He is a college soccer coach and absolutely loves what he does, and he’s so good at it! His schedule is really flexible during the off-season, so that will be nice. 

i think I need to know more about this urban farming adventure! I’m intrigued. :)
  • jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited February 2019
    @jenferlee82 @zaraanity Me also! My hubby works Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:30a-12p for the cultural arts division of our local
    city and he’s home Monday and Wednesday so he’s basically a SAHD. He loves it. I’m insanely jealous but it’s what has worked out for us. 
    I love that!! I know what you mean though, DH will basically be home every day in the summer and I can already tell I will be suuuuuper jealous. Haha
  • @jenferlee82 we are eco nerd musicians haha. We started going “zerowaste” about four years ago, and got really into subsistence gardening from there. So last summer we had three growing sites, separated by foods (our entire yard was tomatoes for instance), with the sole goal of seeing if we could provide enough for ourselves for winter. Short answer: yep! We even had some left to vend. So this summer we are going to join a small collective and split some farmers market booth costs and sell our extra produce! 

We’re in Canada - the very cold part - so we are limited in what we can grow, and in how long our growing season is, so it’s a fun challenge! 
  • @ceclarlinetlo I very much feel super lucky. I hope I can always do this... it’s very uncertain being self employed, especially in these kind of “end times” vibes haha. I love that you play clarinet, that’s an instrument I’ve never managed to coax anything musical out of 😂 challenging little fella!
  • @zaraanity That is so cool! I just started dabbling in gardening this last year and hope to reach a point where all or almost all of our produce comes from our own garden. I'm so impressed that you got there, especially with a limited growing season to boot.
  • @jenferlee82 there are still things we choose to buy! We just focus on the biggies that we eat (root veggies, tomatoes, etc) and grow those. I wanna try some indoor greenhouse greens this year and see if we can’t get some of those rocking year-round. Gardening is really fun, especially with a partner who’s into it!
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe Thanks! It’s rewarding to help so many families move towards self suffficiency but, as a lot of people who are in social services will tell you, it is often times draining and thankless. I enjoy what I do for the most part. 

@klee0225 hey me too! Except those services are provided by the county in CA. 
  • @zaraanity Ahh, that's the difference definitely. DH has ZERO interest in gardening. LOL. I'll keep working on him!
  • @jenferlee82 totally. it's a muscle you can build. :smile: Sometimes the satisfaction of the rewards starts to generate interest, or the quality time you get to spend, etc!

• @zaraanity whereabouts? I'm originally from Winnipeg :)