Infertility

January 2019 FET

Re: January 2019 FET

• dukie001dukie001 member
    edited February 2019
    I was thinking, @rmmgr, based on your latest beta, what if the embie did the ultimate magic and split and you now have twins?! ;)
    By the way, what you guys think about caffeine? I'm a tea lover, which comes out not recommended at all, just a couple of herbal teas are harmless like lemon balm for example. 
  • @dukie001 that's such a strong 2nd beta! Why wont the military consider that confirmed?  And I've been off caffeine totally for about 2 months now. I drink Earl Grey Black Tea decaff and it's pretty tasty. If you don't want to go decaff then its only 1 cup of caffeinated beverage a day.

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

suspected ectopic 10/17 - methotrexate

suspected ectopic 2/18 - methotrextate

DX - unexplained/old eggs

ER June 2017 - 13 retr, 10 fert, 5 to PGS, 1 normal, 1 mosaic

FET week of 8/13 - cancelled

• Loading the player...
  • lwalsh87lwalsh87 member
    edited February 2019
    @dukie001  I have about a hapf a cup of coffee a day. It is helping big time with my migraines. I’ve had four migraines since transfer day. I feel like it makes their duration much shorter. 

Ladies I am sooo nervous. My first sono is today at 10. My stomach is in knots. Im so scared!please send good vibes that everything is going well. I’ll update when I get home. 
  • @lwalsh87 good luck on your first sono! It’s nerve-wracking and exciting all at the same time! 

@dukie001 I’m sorry that you are stuck doing all of that physical activity! I’d be so upset if I were you and nervous too. I bet your embaby is strong though and he or she will be fine. 

See my hpt spoiler below
    Ladies! I peed on a stick today! Two lines!! 7Dp5dt  two more days until beta! 

TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• @manders85-2 Whoop whoop! Congratulations! Happy dance!  When is your beta? 
    @lwalsh87 Sending you you good vibes and good luck🥰! Everything will be ok, you’ll see your little embaby in there.
    @knottienj I hope you TWW is going well. FX for your BFP, whenever you decide to pee on the stick ☺️. And about my military OB I decided to wait until next week appt, and then talk to him and voice my concerns. If that won’t help, I’ll go to patients advocate. 
    My 3rd beta is tomorrow, of course I’m nervous 😬 and anxious, but hopeful. 
  • Thanks for all the beta congrats, and so great to see all the results and numbers every day for everyone else!

@dukie001 that's what I was wondering too - I hope it didn't split (bc of my thin cervix twins would be very dangerous) but I'll take 9 months of bedrest and twins over nothing! Or just a really powerful HCG-maker :smiley:
    I don't know how you do it with your exercise regimen. I hope they make appropriate adjustments soon - I freak out if I have to carry groceries even though I used to work out heavily before this process. But then I think of people who don't have to do IVF and half the time you've got super-athletes, military, etc. who don't even know they're pregnant for over a month and they exercise the whole time. We're extra sensitive to everything but ultimately the embryo can take it! 
    @ittybittybug-2 it sounds like everything is still progressing even if a little slowly - it's good to be realistic but it seems like there's still reason to have hope! Fingers crossed for more good news.
    @manders85-2 your earlier post about odds echoed similar feelings I have when reading message boards. Like everyone's got good news, we can't all be so lucky! But you got your lines, yay!! Hoping Jan/Feb continues to bring us good luck!
    @lwalsh87 good luck!! Looking forward to hearing your news
    @leilee101 good luck on 2/19!
    @knottienj 4 days is still early, try it on 7 with minimal water haha - fingers crossed!

Caffeine - I'm currently obsessing over every what to eat/not to eat post online. I'm a vegetarian so the fish and raw meat is not a problem lol. The debate over bagged salad is interesting... I guess just obsessively washing everything is the way to go. I wish I could drink some tea, though! I'm scared even for a starbucks refresher. But I also just read a (small) study that eating chocolate every day is actually good - at least in 2nd trimester??? haha I wish! 

Very anxious for my US on 2/13. I had some spotting and cramping over the weekend. It stopped but still having cramps. Since I hit almost 7000 hcg they won't test anymore and just said "we'll see at the US!" I know spotting is pretty common but it's never fun seeing blood when you wake up. I just hope everything is there as expected!

• @manders85-2 yes!!!!!
    @lwalsh87 good luck today!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• lwalsh87lwalsh87 member
    edited February 2019
    Thank you everyone!
    @manders85-2! Congrats on the 2 lines.

I had my first sono today. I am measuring right on track 5 weeks and 1 day. My doctor said everything looks good. My gestational sac is 1.26 cm=12.6 mm. In the upper left hand corner there is a little something, dr said the beginning of the yolk sac. I'm waiting on my 3rd beta results. I'm allowed to go back to the gym! My next sono appointment is scheduled for Tuesday morning. I was under the impression that I would be going in for sonos every week until 8/9 weeks. Today, my doctor said they discharge me to my regular OB after they hear a heartbeat. I have to say I have never been so nervous for an appointment before!

EDIT: I just got the call from my dr. My 3rd beta results are 7,647! 

• @dukie001 that's so annoying they won't consider you "confirmed" yet! Glad they can fit you in next week. I am also a tea lover and have been drinking green tea but taking the tea bag out after just a couple minutes so it is not very strong. I know one cup of caffeine a day is acceptable so don't stress too much about that. Good luck tomorrow!
    @manders85-2 ahhhh yay!!! FX for a strong beta on Thursday!!! 
    @lwalsh87 that's awesome! Both the U/S and the 3rd beta. I am so jealous you've had one already, mine seems like forever away!
    @rmmgr Spotting at any time in pregnancy is soo scary, but agree that it is super normal and many women spot and have totally healthy pregnancies.

Question about iron: I just noticed my prenatal vitamins don't have iron in them. I actually checked because I have been having some weird bruising on my legs and bum and I'm not sure where it's come from. I am having my PCP check my iron levels when I go back in Monday for follow up on my Thyroid levels, but just wondering if other people are taking iron supplements? or does your prenatal have iron in it? I take Smart Pants gummy vitamins from whole foods.

• -delurking-
    @leilee101
    What prenatals are you taking? I took a prescription-grade one with DHA and iron -- I think it was called Concept DHA. My OB gave it to me when we started TTC. Iron is very important for baby's development so I would definitely add in something with iron or switch prenatals! Your PCP should be able to give you a prescription for one of the prescription-level ones. 
    @rmmgr
    Spotting is so scary but it's actually pretty normal as long as it's not heavy or clots! I had spotting throughout my first trimester and they could never find a reason. My doctor was extra-cautious and had me on light activity (no heavy lifting, work outs, etc). It was definitely scary but turned out OK. I would usually have bits of brown or pink, once or twice actual red blood. If you are taking suppositories, it can also be a cause of some spotting.

Caffeine is relatively safe as long as you don't go crazy -- I limited myself to 300 mg a day (about as much in a couple diet cokes or a big cup of coffee). Dark chocolate is pretty good for you in general so I don't think a piece or two a day is going to have enough caffeine to cause any issues. The medical student rounding with my OB actually said caffeine in pregnancy was the topic of her thesis paper and she found that it was actually much less of an issue than most people think. 

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• leilee101leilee101 member
    edited February 2019
    @mbradfo2 thank you! I am taking the smartypants brand - I picked this brand bc it's non GMO,  has folate in the form of methylfolate for better absorption, DHA and 1000 IU of vitamin D. It's alsogummies so it tastes like candy :)  I will def grab some iron today and maybe consider switching up prenatals once this bottle runs out. I honestly did not even know they made RX prenatals so that's good to know! 

ETA: Just did a little research, this vitamin does not include iron because fish oil oxidizes iron. So basically the iron will change the composition of the fish oil and make it less effective. So they suggest taking a separate iron supplement at a separate time, and to speak to your healthcare providers about the optimal level of iron. So much science!
  • @lwalsh87, congrats on that sono and measuring exactly where you should be!! What a relief! Yay! 

@mbradfo2 thanks for the suggestion on prenatals. I've been taking Nature Made with DHA and i feel like that is just not a high quality brand but has serving it's purpose while TTC. I need to try another brand now that it really counts!

@knottienj hang in there! the TWW is the worst but maybe you can wait til Thursday for another HPT? That was my cutoff to see a line - 7dp5dt. 

@dukie001, I hate that you aren't confirmed yet but I have a good feeling that you will be ok and your embaby is strong to hold off until your military doc timeline of 7 weeks. Fingers and toes crossed! 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• What a day I had!
    I received a call from the nurse from the military clinic. She said that she will put in labs order, I go do the blood work, and they can put me on pregnant profile earlier, just to ease up the work out regiment. So I went in at 1000, patiently waited for the results until 3 pm.  Then I called the lab and they told me that they can't give me the results, only to the provider. So I called the clinic and none of the numbers connected me to a person. So I just went to the clinic, the girl at the reception checked and confirmed that the labs are in, but she can't tell me the results...ugh, only the nurse can. So I pointed to a standing nearby nurse and she went to check with another nurse...like it's so hard to look at the monitor and tell me the number. Imagine my impatience: s Then she comes back and says that the other nurse is calling me right at that moment to tell the result, but OMG I forgot my phone in the office in the rush. So I'm telling her that I don't have the phone on me, just talk to me face to face, and she said no, that she will call back in 15 min. Of course, no one called back or left the voice mail the first time they called. I'm so done with them. UGH. 
    I decided not to stress about those worthless people and be calm since I have my 3rd beta tomorrow. Positivity and good vibes  :)
    @leilee101 I was taking prenatal with DHA and iron. But today I got a new prescription prenatals, a different brand though. It has iron but not DHA. So I guess I need to search and buy DHA separately. 
    @lwalsh87 Yay for good numbers and sono! That's so cool they are checking on you every week.  
  • @dukie001 Ugh! How annoying. i'm sorry you had such a crazy day. Sometimes I feel like people make things way more complicated then they should be.
  • TWW is torture!!!!!

still getting nada on HPT but I still swear I saw the faintest of positive today. Of course this is after I turned the test around at every angle, put it under 4 different light sources, shined a flash light on it, turned the phone flash light on it & put the flash light behind it. So it was the ultimate of squinters!  Didn't show up on a photo so I didn't post.  

6DP5DT so still totally early.  I think my head is just screwing with me!!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• @knottienj FX for you, you see something tomorrow  <3

AFM beta#3 is 3620, 02/20 is u/s. Another TWW lol :) I have u/s next week in the military clinic, but I don't count on them, they probably won't even see it, it's too early. 
  • Great 3rd beta @dukie001

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• @dukie001 tht'as a great 3rd beta!! Your military clinic sounds like the pits lol. My U/S is the day before yours, hoping it's a lucky week for all of us!!!
    @knottienj still way too early! I don't even dare testing before 8DPT because I don't want my mind to go all crazy. juts a couple more days, hang in there. When is your beta?? 
  • Just got my labs drawn for beta! Fingers crossed although I’ll be freaking out about the second one moreso. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Good luck @manders85-2!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• Got my beta hcg back!

It's 137! Progesterone = 27. My nurse said they were happy with anything over 50 for the hcg so this is great! I go in Saturday for my second one. My doc even called to congratulate us which I really appreciate. I asked about chance of miscarriage. He told me it's only 5% with a FET and genetically tested embryo. I was happily surprised to hear that. Have you guys heard that too? 

TTC History in Spolier:

• Congrats! as long as your beta doubles or more over the next 2 readings then things usually are relatively safe with a pgs tested embryo.  
  • @manders85-2 Congratulations! That is a good beta! 
    @leilee101 I wonder what can they see at this point on u/s. You are one week ahead of me, so they probably see something on yours and like a dot on mine  :D But definitely, fingers crossed and lots of baby dust to us. I think @rmmgr also has u/s on 13th. 
  • @manders85-2 wahooo!! Congrats! I don’t know much about PGS tasted because our aren’t tested, but I usually listen to what my doctor says ;) 

@dukie001 by 6 weeks there should be a gestational sack and yolk sac, the heart starts beating in between 6 and 7 weeks so the fetal pole should be measurable by then as well. I refuse to have an unltrasound before 7 weeks bc I would just stress myself out when I didn’t hear a hb.. I will be 7.5 at mine so praying I hear a nice strong one. **tw** it was at my first ultrasound in August I learned I would likely miscarry, little ptsd from that for sure **tw*
  • @leilee101 when's your ultrasound again? I know you said before but I forget. **tw** we found out about our last mc at our 6.5 week U/S too. I am also nervous about it and have never seen a heartbeat with either of our two previous losses. I'm really hoping the Dr. is right about this pgs tested embryo being a good bet.

Saturday, 2/9 is our second beta. We should only need that one if it's rising appropriately said my doctor. Then, our first OB appt and U/S with our RE is on 2/25! Ahhhh. 

@knottienj when are you testing? How are you holding up? And when is your beta? 

@dukie001, you'll have to let us know what they see on your U/S! 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Great beta @manders85-2 !

I had my draw this AM for Beta so now I wait for the call. I literally feel sick to my stomach. Never got a BFP on any FRER so I am extremely nervous. But the RE nurse said not to worry about the HPT. She has seen many women with negatives pull a positive beta. They are looking for above a 50 today 8dp5dt.

Please Lord watch over us today. 

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• @leilee101 Next week on Tuesday I'll be only 5.5 wk, so maybe they just want to see it there for confirmation in conjunction with a blood test. My first u/s with RE will be the week after at 6.6 wk. 
    @manders85-2 will definitely let you know. Sharing news here is another form of support, getting wishes of good luck and good vibes definitely increase self-confidence and overall metal stability  :D
  • I'm out. Negative Beta. 

Thanks for all your support. Keep up those positive betas and US!!!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• @knottienj Oh no, I'm so sorry. Big hugs to you <3.  It's never easy to get this result. 
  • oh crap, @knottienj It just downright sucks! Thinking of you. 
    TTC History in Spolier:

edited February 2019
    @knottienj I’m so sorry girl.. keep your head up and don’t give up. You’ve gotten this far... it will happen!!!
    edited February 2019
    ETA: Sorry I posted the same thing twice and don't know how to delete a post so here is some love for all of you <3
  • edited February 2019
    Hi ladies sorry that I’ve been MIA it’s been crazy.
     I had my last RE appointment today, I’m officially d/c!!  I saw the hb again today and I’m measuring a bit ahead at 8.5 weeks.  The hb is the best sound in the world ❤️.  Beta super strong still so I’m off my estrace but staying on progesterone suppositories for another 2 weeks or so.  Oh and there’s one baby in there :). Now I have an appointment with my regular ob in 2 weeks!  I’ll probably just lurk at this point.

Knottienj so sorry it sucks but it can totally work on your next try.

So excited for you @dukie001 @leilee101 and everyone else! This was a great month for FETs.  Lots of September/October babies.

• edited February 2019
    @knottienj - I'm so sorry, that sucks. :(

@dukie001 - At 5.5 weeks, they'll hopefully be able to confirm the location of the pregnancy, and may see yolk sac as well. There is a very very small chance they'll see fetal pole or even heartbeat. With my son, I saw all of that at 5w6d. With this pregnancy we only saw gestational and yolk sacs at 5w4d. 

My update below

I miscarried, probably Tuesday, just a few hours after seeing the flickering heartbeat on the ultrasound and confirmed the fetal pole was measuring right on track. She had mentioned seeing some blood near my cervix and so not to worry if it came out, but it did and with some clotting, so I emailed my nurse and they scheduled me back today just to check in. The bleeding had stopped so I was sure all was well, so it was a bit of a shock when my Dr couldn't find the gestational sac at all. My hcg levels have gone down by 800 since they were drawn last week. I'm assuming they had probably risen to 4-5000 by Tuesday since the embryo was still growing strong then, so I'm confident if they're now lower than a week ago that there's no mistake. I feel like I can stop the progesterone, take some ibuprofen for my headache and drink some of the Bailey's I picked up on my way home for my hot chocolate. 

• @ittybittybug-2

my goodness! What a terrible roller coaster you’ve been on. First with beta hell and then the good news and then this. I’m sorry. There are no words. Big hugs to you and know time will help but you’ll just have to take it one day at a time and go at your own pace. I remember our second MC coming in waves. Let us know if there’s anything we can do. Thinking of you lots. 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• @ittybittybug-2 oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear this news :( just when you thought you could finally breath again after those confusing betas. Please take care of yourself, wishing hope and healing during this unimaginable pain ❤️❤️
  • @ittybittybug-2 Oh my God girl. I'm so so sorry! I know it's a tragedy and no words can make it better. My heart goes out to you <3 . I hope you and your husband will find a way to cope with it. 
  • Got our second beta back today. 

It was 317. It needed to be over 210 to confirm the 53% minimum rise and it was 132% rise. Yay. I know it's a lower beta number but the rise is ok so we feel good. The next step is the U/S on 2/25! I really hope we hear a HB then. We'll be 6w4d. That's where we MC last time but it was a natural cycle and a suspected genetic abnormality. The yolk sac was measuring super big with a smaller gestational pole. PTSD!

TTC History in Spolier:

• For those of you who chose not to pick the gender/know what gender they transferred when do you think you will find out? I'm already getting antsy to know.