Infertility

January 2019 FET

Re: January 2019 FET

• @manders85-2 beautiful embie!! Wishing you hope and patience over the next day days!

@dukie001 omg I would have taken that as a sign and walked out of the store. But Two lines on a less sensitive test is even better! hopefully this holds you over until Friday
  • @leilee101 I'm going to drive myself crazy, because I took test this morning and the line looks even fainter then last night :( I hope it's just a cheap test and not another CP. I'm definitely hitting the store today and getting more reliable tests.
  • Loading the player...
  • @manders85-2  great photo!!   Glad everything went well yesterday!!  
    @dukie001 How many DPT?  We all know from everything we read how unreliable HPT tests can be. Your beta is what counts! Hang in there!!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

suspected ectopic 10/17 - methotrexate

suspected ectopic 2/18 - methotrextate

DX - unexplained/old eggs

ER June 2017 - 13 retr, 10 fert, 5 to PGS, 1 normal, 1 mosaic

FET week of 8/13 - cancelled

• @dukie001 yay!!! You saw two lines! On my last transfer, I saw NOTHING at 7 dp5dt so take this as a great sign I think. When’s your beta again?
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Thanks, everyone! I was a bit shocked at the beta too - I was going to be happy with anything over 100! We only transferred one embryo so extra surprising. Now waiting for Friday (since I'm out of town can't do Wed 2 day test ugh). Hope it's over 2000!
    @dukie001 I started at 6 days and got a faint line then it got darker after... you finally caved! Congrats on your lines! 
    @leilee101 glad to hear the 1ml PIO is still normal, thank you :smile: And @lwalsh87 all the symptoms are so annoying. EVERY little twinge and headache could mean anything, which is no dang help. I get migraines too, have had them every cycle now ugh. Hope those lines stay strong for you - I'm sure they will! With or without boob pain ha. 
    @manders85-2 Congrats!
    @knottienj good luck tomorrow - I have the opposite problem from constipation with these meds. We can't win. Hope it all comes out easy and you get a sticker!
  • @rmmgr Wow! That’s fabulous! Congrats!

@lwalsh87 congrats and good luck today!!

@dukie001 Lines can vary a lot at first just from the urine concentration and FMU isn’t always better than other times. When you’re under 100, a small difference in concentration will make the lines change a lot. Hang in there!!

AFM, I’m hanging in there too, now waiting on an early ultrasound Friday to rule out ectopic. I’ll oy be 5w4d so not sure we’ll be able to see much other than location.
  • Fingers crossed for you @dukie001

AFM my first beta results is 724! Anxiously awaiting my bloodtest Friday and first sono on Monday! I’m stil worried but, today there is some happiness!
  • @lwalsh87 Congrats! Sono already on Monday? Wow... I wish I had one coming up soon so I can stop freaking out. I feel like seeing something will make me feel a little better. Do you know what they can see that early on? (I thought 5.5 weeks was the earliest but maybe it has more to do with HCG?)

Also random question - how does dating work with FET/IVF? It it different than just DPO adjusted for transfer date? I've read online that you add 2 weeks or something like that... 

@ittybittybug-2 I hope you r/o ectopic - I'm sorry you're going through all this and hoping you get answers and recover quickly to move forward. 
  • leilee101leilee101 member
    edited January 2019
    @lwalsh87 WOOHOOOO! all that worrying for nothing! That's a really strong beta, what a great start to your pregnancy
    @ittybittybug-2 Praying for you so hard that it's not ectopic. All you will see is a gestational sac and maybe a yolk sac, but it's def too early for a fetal pole or heart beat so don't get freaked out if you don't see that. 
    @rmmgr you a usually you would date back to your LMP, but since it's a bit wonky with IVF..yes, you would add two weeks plus 5 days (unless you had a 3 day transfer, then it's 3 days), and EDD is 40 days out. ETA: omg, 40 WEEKS out. Imagine if pregnancy was only 40 days LOL
    Use this calculator: https://www.whattoexpect.com/due-date-calculator/

@dukie001 FRER OR BUST! go grab one an test again in the morning, that will set your mind at ease
  • @leilee101 I don't think ill ever stop worrying lol  I literally don't feel pregnant besides being tired. (I always feel tired anyway lol)  I feel like I'm about to get my  period. 
    @rmmgr I have no idea what they should be able to  see. Perhaps the sac? I'm not really sure. My clinic does sonograms every week until you graduate to the regular OB. Do you really get migraines with every cycle? They are the worst! 
  • I’m so excited!!! Tomorrow I’ll be PUPO I can’t stand it!!!! Finally after almost 18 months it’s our shot!! 

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• Yay, @knottienj! You’re almost there! Good luck and lots of baby dust! 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• dukie001dukie001 member
    edited January 2019
    @knottienj Happy transfer to you tomorrow! Sending you tons of positivity <3
    @rmmgr @manders85-2 Thanks.  
    @ittybittybug-2 FX for you. I really hope you'll get good news 
    @lwalsh87 That is great beta, wow! Congrats! How many dpt did you test? 
    Yes, you are right, two lines is a good sign. I'm just overthinking. Back on positive line of thought....no stress :)
    @leilee101 I did get FRER today, and.... 
    I tested this evening and got two distinct lines :p Now I'm happy again and decided to leave it this until beta on Friday. 

• @knottienj HAPPY TRANSFER DAY!!!!
  • @knottienj happy transfer day!
    @leilee101 woohoo congrats on your lines!
    @dukie001 thanks! I have tested everyday since 5dp5dt.
  • Well that was pretty quick and painless. Beta is a week from tomorrow. Let the torture begin. PUPO!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• knottienjknottienj member
    edited January 2019
    I wanted to let you guys know a few things my doc said. Now I know every RE is different and mine is fairly straightforward and doesn’t sugarcoat things 

-it didn’t matter what I did before FET (except take my prenatal vitamins) no food, juice, voodoo, hocus pocus was going to change if that embryo is going to implant
    -he said my pregnancy success rate was about 60-65% and if I got preggers it was fairly likely I would have a live birth
    -at 5dt it will be within 24-36 hours this little bean will be implanted. 
    -carry on, no need to rest or do anything different
    -beta 8dp5dt. (Earliest I’ve never seen on these boards)

i saw the catheter in me but the embryo is so tiny you don’t see it go in you. But they did show it to me on a screen. 

My emby and fur fur babies keeping me warm after. Btw they NEVER all lay on me. 

and really when you think about it, women become and stay pregnant during wars, famine, plagues, while being addicts.  If our bean is meant to stick it will. 

I already want to POAS. Lol

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• @knottienj Congratulations on being PUPO! Your fur babies feel that something happened to your body.
    Unrelated to the topic....when my dog was pregnant, she used to bark at her belly when the puppies were moving to much :D 
  • @knottienj such a cute pic!! Staying warm is important so keep those fur balls close!
  • @knottienj so sweet! My dog just continues to bark at me lol. Congrats and good luck on beta and POAS time!! 
    @lwalsh87 I'm with you - I have no symptoms of anything but today have another migraine. I do get them every IVF/transfer cycle so far. Barf.
    @leilee101 that calculator was great, thank you! So the timing of things makes much more sense now haha. I was thinking dang what could be in there at 3 weeks. 

Had "3rd" beta today (skipped #2 as I was out of town)...
    Hcg was 6000! So that's good news as it's more than doubling. First ultrasound scheduled for 2/13 - hoping for a heartbeat so I might feel a little more like it's real and safe! NOW of course because I'm an insane worrywart I'm afraid the numbers are too high so my mind jumps to molar pregnancy or Down Syndrome. I hope these are just normal numbers and everything turns out well. Still very grateful to have made it this far at all for the first time!

• @rmmgr OMG That's incredible! Grow baby grow!

AFM-2nd beta for me this morning:1,541! A bit more than doubling. First Sono and third beta on Tuesday. :) 
  • @rmmgr bask in that awesome number!!! Nothing but good thoughts!!

I high fived my RE this morning after getting blood drawn and was like "I totally feel pregnant" . Of course he is SO literal he's like "well you are, the embryo IS in there"

IF ONLY IT WERE THAT SIMPLE!!!!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• @dukie001 Thinking of you today! FX!!

@rmmgr Such a nice strong number! Congrats!

@lwalsh Congrats on such a good number!

AFM, still in limbo but NOT ectopic so that's a huge relief! Saw small gestational and yolk sacs on ultrasound today, hcg at 2066 (so doubling time of 41.9 hours since Monday, slower than over the weekend but still strong). Measuring about 2 days behind. The doctor gave me the impression she still thinks it's more likely not viable, but she hasn't any reason to give up hope yet. Supposed to have another ultrasound next week, probably Friday.

• Oh @ittybittybug-2, I hate that you are still in limbo land. However, don't give up hope yet. Sometimes it takes longer for the embryo to implant. Your beta is still rather strong. When my betas weren't rising they never got over 200. You're super far from that zone. Couldn't this just be the embryo implanting late and growing according to that schedule not the transfer one? I'm sorry you have to go through this after everything.

@rmmgr - amazing Beta!! WOW! 

@lwalsh87, you too! Really great betas here, ladies. 

@knottienj, I love that you high fived your RE. Sometimes I forget that the embryo is in there and then when I remember, I get really excited. I keep telling my husband that after the last failed FET, I'll be surprised if this one works. I'm almost going into it thinking, eh, probably not..... 

@dukie001, this is your beta day, right? Can't wait to see that #!
    TTC History in Spolier:

• So much great news on here today! 
    @ittybittybug-2 I’m confused why your doctor is concerned? You’re numbers are rising appropriately and your scan shows it’s in the right place.. that’s great! hoping things continue to work out for you, I know how scary beta hell is so thinking of you 

@lwalsh87 and @rmmgr awesome rise for both of you!! 

@knottienj ugh doctors are so literal and annoying lol, he’s not wrong tho! You are totally PUPO

AFM, third and (hopefully) final beta tomorrow. It needs to be over 2000 for me to be ok, it always feels like one hurdle after another. I was a little worried that it didn’t double in 48 hours from first to second, but my doctor assured me that a 60% rise in 48 hours is fine. They like to see it double every 48-72 hours. So praying that has continued throughout the week.. super nervous tho
  • Hey everyone! I got my first beta - 234. Next one on Monday, hopefully, it doubles FX
    @rmmgr and @lwalsh87 Girls, you rock! Very strong beta!
    @leilee101 Sending you good vibes and FX for tomorrow  <3
    @ittybittybug-2 Don't stress yourself out. And I know it's easier said than done. But You see progress and it's good. Maybe you had late implanter. My nurse said one time that woman's uterus and tubes and whatever else is there is like a Bermuda triangle, sometimes embies go for a swim, do couple laps around, and then implant. Your embie is a fighter, against all odds, he is doing good. <3  
    @manders85-2 How are you feeling? Are you planning on testing before beta?

• By the way, how do I create Spoiler? I don't see any specific buttons for it.. :p
  • @leilee101 FX for a great beta today!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @dukie001, great first beta!! I hate how it's always a waiting game in TTC land but I'm sure your next beta will be great on Monday! Hang in there. You got on base!

@leilee101, i hope your beta is looking good today, keep us in the loop!

I'm doing ok. I am definitely way less optimistic this time around. Not in a bad way, I just assume it won't work I think to protect myself from getting my hopes up. This is our second FET. Last time didn't work at all. No implantation. I really hope this time is different. I am not symptom spotting like last time. I am taking prednisone since I am on an anti-histamine protocol so that makes me have more energy which is nice. I am going to do a HPT on Tuesday, 2/5 which will be 8dp5dt. My beta is scheduled for 2/7. I made a lot of plans between now and then so I stay super distracted. Mainly I've been redoing our family room and splurged for a new rug down there and a new couch that we financed in case we have to pay for another transfer. Fingers crossed!! Part of me is hopeful that I'm in the good luck month with all of your BFPs! Part of me worries that the stats are already showing those ladies who will get positives so I'm statistically going to be a negative. Am I being too pessimistic? 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• edited February 2019
    @manders85-2 thank you. Yes it could be she implanted late, but that doesn’t explain the very slow initial beta rise (29 to 39 in 48 hours). I think that’s the biggest indication of a potential problem that she’s focused on.

@leilee101 It’s still on the low side and the initial 3.7-day doubling is concerning. It’s correlated  with higher chance of blighted ovum or arrested development. 🤷‍♀️ I did push for more details and they said about 50-50 odds at this point.

@dukie001 awesome!! Congrats!
  • edited February 2019
     Part of me is hopeful that I'm in the good luck month with all of your BFPs! Part of me worries that the stats are already showing those ladies who will get positives so I'm statistically going to be a negative. Am I being too pessimistic? 
    I think you probably know intellectually that whether anyone or everyone else has a positive has no effect on whether you will but I’ll just say it again. I desperately wanted a girl and when I was pregnant, everyone was having boys and I felt like that must mean I was having a boy too. As I’ve been going through this process now everyone I know is having girls and did I feel that meant I was more likely to have a girl? No. I felt like they were all using up the X chromosomes I wanted. 😂 So I sympathize, but just remember that your odds are independent of everyone else’s results. 😊
  • @ittybittybug-2 gotcha... hey 50/50 is way better than 2% odds they gave you to start!! Praying you have the appropriate growth on your next scan 

@dukie001 yes!! How did I miss that yesterday I was checking all day lol, to do a spoiled, you hit the little paragraph symbol and click “spoiler” and it creates a great box that you can type in. For example, my updated beta will be in spoiler below 😉 
    5000! Up from 500 last weekend. So relieved, now I just need to get through the ultrasound to feel like I can breath. That’s where everything went wrong for me last time so the thought of it is already giving me anxiety. 

@manders85-2 I know what you mean about the odds and I do the same thing on these boards. You just have to remember just because there are so many BFPs in here does not change your individual odds whatsoever! I feel like we are on a lucky streak on this board so there’s no reason to think you won’t follow suit 💞💞

@mayflower513 I love that you still check in on me, you are the sweetest 😘 
  • @leilee101 that’s amazing! I’m so happy for you and that strong beta. 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• @manders85-2 We all have fears, freaking out about little things, but it only because we went through so many obstacles and stress. But it doesn't mean that there would be no success after all. Don't scratch your name out of BFPs this month yet. It's good that you are trying to distract yourself. And we all sending you good vibes and energy for good results. Hang on there  <3 
    @leilee101 Yey! good progress! I actually posted very late yesterday, I came from work late, ate, and checked the board almost before bed. 

So, yesterday I went to the range (I'm in the military), and when I got on the ground all I could think of is that the ground was super cold, and it was not good for my current condition, and I just want to get up. Well, I didn't have much of a choice but to go and qualify, so in addition to my very thick yoga pants that I wore under uniform pants, I stuffed .....don't laugh...fleece hat in my pants where my lower belly is, kinda like an extra layer... :D  Next week, if I get good news about the second beta, I would go to the military doc, so that they put me on pregnant profile
  • @manders85-2 you need to keep your head in the game and dig down into that and keep saying it’s my time! If you’re religious...I’ve been saying “please God knit this child into my womb” 

hang in there! 2/7 is close!! Baby dust!!

@leilee101 great betas!

@dukie001 lol keep that bean warm

@ittybittybug-2 praying that bean is just a slow starter. 

Heres to another good week on this board. Stay positive ladies!! We have lots of strong HPTs, betas and scans ahead of us!!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• When is everyone's next appointments? 
  • @lwalsh87 my first ultrasound is 2/19 :x
  • So I have zero patience and POAS this morning at barely 4dp5dt so it was no shock it was negative. I have been so thirsty and drinking so much water I pee 3 times throughout the night so FMU isn’t that dark. Although I swear I saw the faintest of lines but maybe I “wanted” to see it. It was a FRER

beta is Friday and I’ll spend a small fortune if I keep testing on FRER so I go to Dollar Ttee and buy a bunch of tests. I had a 2 hr hold when I got home all excited to test and it was so diluted it would have been a waste of a test. So maybe I don’t be doing any testing until beta Friday bc I don’t even have decent pee. 

I have have one clear blue digital so maybe I’ll do that the morning of Beta. 

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• Hi everyone.
    Beta #2 - 1446 :) . Beta#3 is in 2 days, this Wednesday. 
    I also went to the Women's Clinic on post, because I have to get on profile.My RE said I have to take it easy. But the workouts that we do at work every morning are very rigorous, and nobody would let me not to work out unless I have a profile. So....the long story short...I hate military doctors. He told me that until pregnancy is confirmed (and they do confirmation on week 7) I have to continue to do everything as usual....for example, every Wednesday we do the ruck march with 65lbs on the back for 5-6 miles jogging. After I was left alone with RN, she took pity on me and booked me for the next week. So next Wednesday on 13Feb I will do another beta and u/s. 

@knottienj 4dpt is very early, but if in doubt whether you see the line or not, put it up here ;)  maybe we'll see something.