Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Treatment and Testing w/o 2/4

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What was the first concert you ever went to?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: IF Treatment and Testing w/o 2/4

• Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained rpl

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): tww

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): first cycle using progesterone after o

How are things going?: trying to be optimistic about everything. Just really hoping the progesterone makes a difference since we don’t have many other options.

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: What was the first concert you ever went to? N*SYNC 
  • Loading the player...
  • @beachbunnyxo123 tw* loss mentioned. I’ll put in spoiler. 

I did testing with my re back in December but don’t know what the result was. I have had 5 losses and each time my initial bloodwork showed my progesterone was low. The re is thinking that since I’m always losing around 6 weeks, my levels are too low to get through to when the placenta takes over. 
  • @kbrown2385 hope the progesterone does the trick!

@beachbunnyxo123 I haven't seen them in concert, but a few Christmas parties ago for my company we had karaoke. Our company president had 5 of the women (including me) actually go out into the Hall and make an entrance as the spice girls. We sounded... Not great lol. Fun though lol

@prpl11butterfly there's still a chance though so that's something positive to think about!

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): IUI #2 performed on 1/25

How are things going?: I am again feeling no different than usual so I'm trying to not get myself on the mindset that it didn't work again.

Any questions?: Is it worth following the same protocol if this IUI fails again? DH loses a lot of sperm from the sperm wash. We've had 3.4 and 3.7mil motile sperm and the RE likes to see at least 5. The only problem with his SA was the morphology. Numbers and motility were normal. I'm wondering if we should try the last IUI with injectables to hopefully give us more chances or maybe see if we can skip the 3rd IUI and go for IVF?

GTKY: What was the first concert you ever went to? I didn't go to my first concert until I was 16 or 17 to see Angels and Airwaves.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause

• Diagnosis (if you've been): suspected early menopause 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Im on provera nowvto try and start my period it's been 85 days since my last cycle. I have blood work coming up if my period hopefully starts and I have a gyn apt next month to discuss my options. 

How are things going?: honestly horrible, I keep sobbing and feel like can hardly breath. I always wanted a big family and so did my husband I feel like a failure I've not even told him yet. I'm only 26, I just don't understand.

Any questions?: all the questions but I do t know what to ask 
  • @kbrown2385 right there with you. I feel like this just has to work for us. Because like you said, there are no other options really.

@beachbunnyxo123 I hope your docs ideas prove beneficial. Spice girls would have been awesome, I'm kind of jealous!

@inthewoods23 I have no idea on your question but I hope this IUI didn't fail and of it did, that your get a solid plan in place and its successful.

@daisy0322 I'm so sorry that your struggling with this. I think it would be beneficial to discuss with your husband. We always feel so alone and sometimes we need to just open up. Is your OB thinking about sending you to an RE? I think perhaps that would be the best next step if she really does suspect early menopause (especially at 26).

• @prpl11butterfly she's probably going to refer me next time I see her. I know I need to talk to him he's just going to be so disappointed I don't know if I can take it 
  • @prpl11butterfly I’m keeping my fx so hard for us. 

@daisy0322 I’m so sorry for the news. I hope you’re able to get referred and get some real answers as to what’s going on. 
  • @daisy0322:  so many hugs to you.  I think I also have the same trepidation about talking to DH about these things, and then it always goes so much better than I think it will.  This whole journey just makes you so unsure of yourself.

@kobrien827:  woohoo - good luck tomorrow!!

@prpl11butterfly:  all hope is not lost!  you still got some in the FW!  (But I know it's hard to feel like you've done enough!! - we're kind of in the same boat this time)

Diagnosis (if you've been):  PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):   Waiting for this cycle to end, pending Provera and femara

How are things going?:   Okay.  I kind of held out for awhile telling my DH about my results and diagnosis.  I realize this is silly, but I was nervous that he would suggest not taking Femara or something.  But he was all on board, and really supportive.  

Any questions?:  nope

GTKY: What was the first concert you ever went to?  I cannot for the life of me remember!  Maybe Sister Hazel?  
  • @kobrien827 beta is on Friday! This time I'm having the blood draw around lunch time so I only have the afternoon to get through if results aren't good. I think it will be a little easier this time around if that's the case. That first time was really hard. Really hoping for good results though this time!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kobrien827 so far so good. My boobs might be slightly more uncomfortable then usual. It's only day 2 so we'll see how I am this time next week.

Thanks for the support ladies. If we had to have a 1 hitter, I'm glad it was -2. He was feeling pretty down so I showed him the chart with best chance by day and he seemed better. At this point it's just FX for a 1 hit wonder.....
  • @kbrown2385 so very sorry for your losses.  Hoping the progesterone supplement does the trick!

@daisy0322 what is making them think premature ovarian failure over something like annovulatory cycles of PCOS? Have you had bloodwork done to test your amh level? If there are concerns I wouldn’t waste your time at the OB and get in with an RE as soon as possible 

@prpl11butterfly spice girls was fun but Britney sounds even better!!

@kobrien827  good luck tomorrow!!!! Let us know how it goes

@emmasemm  yas girl that’s great news! Finally! So will you do an era and move into transfer or are you still thinking of doing one more retrieval? We’ve just been using opks I’ve never heard of “my lotus” before I’ll have to check it out! 

• @emmasemm that's great news that you can move forward!

It's funny that you ask if a certain number of IUIs are required because I asked that question at my clinic and they were like "we've never heard of insurance requiring X IUIs before moving to IVF". My clinic usually follows the protocol of 3 IUIs before trying IVF. At least for our situation since we're unexplained. Others I'm sure are told to go straight to IVF. Our insurance partially covers the blood work and sperm wash (I think). All the USs plus also the IUI procedure itself seem to be completely covered. The letrozole costs us a few bucks but the trigger shot is not covered. It's costing us a lot less than I had expected, but we do have a lifetime $10,000 max coverage so if we go above that everything becomes OOP for us - lame.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kobrien827 GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!

@daisy0322 I hope your OB is wrong and I agree, get to an RE asap. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that - please tell your husband so you're not dealing with it alone. 

@kbrown2385 FX the progesterone does the trick!  <3

@inthewoods23 Good luck Friday! FX crossed so hard for you!

@bakerstreetboys I think another round is smart if you can swing it financially. I would like the security of more than one embryo if possible.

@prpl11butterfly FX for you this cycle as well!!

Diagnosis (if you've been): Unofficially unexplained RPL.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Benched

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Just waiting for hCG to come down. It's taking its sweet time.

How are things going?: Okay. I'm hoping AF shows this week, then hopefully only one cycle left until I'm off the bench! I was starting to have doubts about continuing, but MH is all for it so we're fully committed for the next six months or so.

Any questions?: Nope, not today.

GTKY: What was the first concert you ever went to? I think it was BFD5, put on by a local alternative/rock station in the Bay Area. Pretty sure Blur and the Chili Peppers were there, but I can't remember who else.
  • I'm not sure what tests were done I knowctheyvtook a lot of blood Friday and she called today to tell me. I have more blood work if the provera makes me bleed and I have a few appointments set up. I just don't know where to turn or what to think I've been crying for over 3 hours now. I'm just not functioning 
  • @daisy0322 Ask your OB for names of reputable RE's in your area and call for an appointment. Also, I personally would call the OB back and let them know you didn't understand your results and you need an appointment to discuss further. I am so incredibly sorry you're going through this.
  • @daisy0322 you definitely need to call and find out what tests were done. And girl, please call YH and talk to him (if at all possible). You should not be processing this alone. You need IRL support right now. I am betting you are his biggest concern now, not what your family will look like down the road. 
  • @bakerstreetboys I'm glad things seem to be improving, and it's totally understandable that you're feeling guilty about wanting to start trying again. Just know this baby could not possibly replace the one you lost. I don't know anything about IVF at this point, I wish I could help with the rest!

@kbrown2385 FX the progesterone does the trick!

@beachbunnyxo123 what supplements are you trying? Major concert envy - I always wanted to see Spice Girls as a kid!

@prpl11butterfly your poor H. It's easy to forget that this is stressful on them, too. -2 is definitely not bad timing! ALSO jealous of your Britney concert!

@inthewoods23 I wish I could help with your Q. Hopefully this IUI works and you won't even have to worry about it.

@daisy0322 I'm so sorry you're going through this. I agree with PP that you need to talk about this with YH, this isn't something you should go through alone. He loves you regardless of your diagnosis or the size of your future family! I understand not wanting to disappoint him and it is hard to talk to husbands about TTC/ IF sometimes.  Hopefully your OB is able to refer you to an RE so you can get some answers and a treatment plan. I also agree with others that you should call your doctor back and have them explain a bit more - that's pretty harsh to deliver over the phone without further detail, like you said, you're only 26!!

@kobrien827 ahhh good luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes great!

@holly321 glad to hear YH was supportive! 

@emmasemm sorry I'm not familiar - what is an ERA cycle? I'm glad you're able to get back into treatment! Sorry to hear about the flu, hopefully you get better ASAP.

@ruby696 I hope AF comes soon so you're one step closer to getting off the bench! 
  • daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited February 2019

She did some basic fertility blood work last Friday and when she did my exam she said my vagina didn't look menopausal. But when she called today she said my blood work came back seeming menopausal and she suspects I have early menopause and we need to confirm it with more testing.  I'm suppose to go in if I start bleeding after the provera the first day for lab work and I don't need to make an appointment I can just walk in. Then I have follow up on march 5th. That's all I really know so far other than she said "many people can still conceive under these circumstances at your age we just may need to hurry." I'm waiting for her to post test results online.
    I called my husband I don't think he understands because ***TW "I got pregnant so easily with our son (18 months old).**** and god had a plan, it'll just take a little lo gervthus time, stay positive  blah blah blah.  I'm just devastated though. I mean could my horemones be that messed up for any other reason?
  • @b_1029 I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling with TTC/IF right now. I can honestly say that I relate so much to this. I also don't have anyone IRL to talk to about it, not anyone who actually gets it, and certainly no one that I am able to share all the intimate deals of the situation with (MH's sperm issues/donor). It can feel extremely isolating at times. Overwhelming, finances, thinking about it. And us women tend to think about it constantly, it consumes us. Try and enjoy the small moments and not the big picture all the time. Remember you are not alone, we are here for you to lean on, and if you ever need to reach out, I am just a PM away too.  <3
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I thought they would tell us to go to IVF, but of course they all say "we don't know what kind of morph men have who have no trouble conceiving" and yadda yadda so being considered unexplained, IUI is where we started. Although we sat down with the RE for like 10 minutes and she basically asked us what we would like to do. Doing an IVF cycle in March might be tough for us so I should talk to DH about it this week since I'll want to clue the clinic in on the day of our results if we get a negative.

@nitnat007 yes it's for all IF treatment. We're on IUI #2 right now. That $10k limit is for as long as we're on DH's plan. So if we were to switch to insurance through my company, we'd be covered under a new plan so our coverage would be whatever that covers. But yeah, that's not per year... So if we have trouble in the future trying for #2, whatever remains of that limit trying for #1 is where we'd start.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @emmasemm so do you think it could be something else? 
  • @daisy0322 there are dozens of reasons why people don’t get regular cycles! It could be lots of things at this stage! 
    If you want to post your results here when you get them (after removing any identifying information of course) or send them to me by PM feel free.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @emmasemm they still aren't up yet online. What are some other reasons FSH can be too high? 
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  I  just had my baseline appointment to restart clomid

How are things going?:  we have done 2 rounds of clomid , this round they want me to take two pills a day from now  day 4 to day 8 I am a little nervous about taking 2 pills just because my first round I had every clomid side effect they tell you about , the 2nd round I didn't have any side effects but double the dose should be interesting, we move to IUI if nothing happens this cycle

Any questions?: no

GTKY: What was the first concert you ever went to? I think it was Dave Matthews , but after they were super popular it was in a dive bar in the Hunters Point area of SF when I was 17, so that was interesting .
  • flinstone-2flinstone-2 member
    edited February 2019
    I'm new here. I intro'd on the newbie thread a while back and have been active on boards in the past

Diagnosis (if you've been): Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Waiting on updated labwork and potentially doing Femara

How are things going?: Emotional rollercoaster 

Any questions?: I'm nervous to try femara. I have never done any type of fertility medication in the past. Two years ago I was ovulating normally with cycles 30-35 days or so. How does one get over the anxiety of  their first medicated cycle?

GTKY: What was the first concert you ever went to? Backstreet Boys! in 5th grade

b_1029 my OB said I might have PCOS and I was referred to an endocrinologist who looked at all my labs and my u/s and said NO WAY. you don't. Do you meet any of the criteria? 25+ follicles on both ovaries, elevated male hormones, male pattern facial hair, etc.? It is normal to have many follicles on your ovaries. They need to actually be counted. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Lurking @daisy0322 is your obgyn saying this based on FSH taken at 80+ days into a cycle?  If so, that is not a good indicator.  Mine was well over 90 about 2 years ago, most likely due to severe stress that caused me to stop menstruating.  I apologize because I can’t remember the specifics, but haven’t you been dealing with a lot of stress lately?
  • @flinstone-2 in my experience I haven't had any problems being on femara/letrozole. Just remember that you're taking it to help you accomplish a goal. Try to think positive!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 thank you. I appreciate that.
    @daisy0322 I think it will be helpful to know all the values and their relationship to one another/ratios of LH/FSH, etc. Also, I would ask for repeat testing because it could have been a fluke. My prolactin measured low, which my endocrinologist has never seen before, so she ordered repeat testing yesterday and assumed it was just a fluke.

New question... I've lurked and seen baby aspirin and pomegranate juice can be used to thicken uterine lining.. has anyone tried these or have any other tips? My lining was 3mm last week.  

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19