October 2019 Moms

February FTM Check-In

Hey, First-Time Moms! Let's hear it!

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? 

Any pregnancy related symptoms? 

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? 
TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: February FTM Check-In

• @galentine I love your rave! I have a mantra I keep telling myself when I feel anxiety creeping in, "Today I am pregnant, and I love my baby." And how sweet is your husband? It will be so special for your LO to have handmade furniture. <3
    How far along are you? 5W3D

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? PCP confirmed my pregnancy. Next week I go for a "missed menses" appointment with the OB/GYN. I'm hoping I can talk him into peeking inside my lady factory with the dildo cam to make sure everything looks okay. I'll be 6W2D by then.

Any pregnancy related symptoms? Tired, cramping, sore nipples, moody, peeing more (but that may just be because I'm trying to drink lots of water).

Rants/Raves? It's all good.

Questions for FTM, STM+? I asked it on the AMA thread.

GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? I'm not sure yet. This whole thing is still very abstract, so I'm just hoping that I don't forget to buy something obvious like diapers.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Loading the player...
  • @elle-0409, I'm jealous of your PCP appointment and missed menses appointments. I realize they are just confirming what you already know, but I want some "official" confirmation too! I am in disbelief. I'm so excited  but also like, is this REALLY real?
  • How far along are you? Sitting at 4wks, 3 days currently

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? No appointments for me until 8 weeks (so far!) so I’ll go in on the 28th. Waiting ever so patiently (not my strong suit btw)

Any pregnancy related symptoms? Just super tired and sore boobs. I’m sure the rest will be arriving soon...

Rants/Raves? Why do my pants have to feel tight???

Questions for FTM, STM+? None right now! 

GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? Give me allllllll the baby clothes!! 
  • How far along are you?
    5+2

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? 
    I have to wait for 8weeks 🙄🙄

Any pregnancy related symptoms? 
    Just sore breasts and terrible indigestion 

Rants/Raves?
    I have been working so much the last week and I'm just missing DH since we work opposite schedules 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Where is the best place to buy second hand gently used baby stuff (onsies, clothes, high chairs ect) we will buy some stuff new but I don't feel like I need to buy 0-3mos outfits new! 

GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? 
    The whole nursery!!! I'm so excited to start designing it and putting it all together. I love home decor and design so I'm eager to start!! We recently bought a bigger house that has a few empty rooms so DH and I are trying to figure out which room will be a better nursery 
  • @wanderlost Craigslist or FB swap for used baby items
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • How far along are you? M 5 weeks today! 😊

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? No appointments this week. I go for my first one on 12th feb and then for my first scan on 13th! Hoping for the best. 😊 

Any pregnancy related symptoms? I have sore nipples (not the whole boobs 😄) and bloating and some tiredness. 

Rants/Raves? I took a flight from Oregon to Wisconsin yesterday. M a little worried if that was safe at this time. Just keeping my fingers crossed. Though i did ask my nurse and she said its completely fine.  

Questions for FTM, STM+? Anyone else have any experience flying this early on? Is it safe? 

GTKY: What item for baby are you most excited to shop for? Clothes!!! Lots n lots of them! 😻
  • @sakshi0106, flying is perfectly safe. I think the American something-or-other Association of Pregnancy suggests stopping flight about 36 weeks (or sooner for multiple or high-risk pregnancies), but definitely ask your doctor what they recommend. I am planning a few flights during my pregnancy and plan to ask my doctor about going through the full body scanner during security (there is no known risk to baby, but some doctors prefer to give you a note to skip it and do a full body pat down instead, just in case).
  • galentine said:
    @sakshi0106, flying is perfectly safe. I think the American something-or-other Association of Pregnancy suggests stopping flight about 36 weeks (or sooner for multiple or high-risk pregnancies), but definitely ask your doctor what they recommend. I am planning a few flights during my pregnancy and plan to ask my doctor about going through the full body scanner during security (there is no known risk to baby, but some doctors prefer to give you a note to skip it and do a full body pat down instead, just in case).
    Scanner is fine. You get more radiation exposure from the flight than you do from the scanner. Most airlines have done away with backscatter scanners, anyway, so radiation isn’t even an issue in most airports. You’ll be exposed to more just by living as you are over the next 9 months

- your BMB health physicist 

If anything, I found flying while pregnant the easiest. They’re more than willing to hold a plane for you when your first flight is delayed
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • *lurky loo

@wanderlust They have large consignment events around the country like Whale of a Sale. You can find used and new with tag clothing for kids of all ages.

• cmbt2 said:
    galentine said:
    @sakshi0106, flying is perfectly safe. I think the American something-or-other Association of Pregnancy suggests stopping flight about 36 weeks (or sooner for multiple or high-risk pregnancies), but definitely ask your doctor what they recommend. I am planning a few flights during my pregnancy and plan to ask my doctor about going through the full body scanner during security (there is no known risk to baby, but some doctors prefer to give you a note to skip it and do a full body pat down instead, just in case).
    Scanner is fine. You get more radiation exposure from the flight than you do from the scanner. Most airlines have done away with backscatter scanners, anyway, so radiation isn’t even an issue in most airports. You’ll be exposed to more just by living as you are over the next 9 months

If anything, I found flying while pregnant the easiest. They’re more than willing to hold a plane for you when your first flight is delayed
    Wow, @cmbt2, it seems you are an expert in many fields! Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I understand the scanners are completely safe. I also know TSA allows pregnant women to opt out of them if they choose (even though they are safe), so I plan to ask my doctor whether she recommends I opt out or not. The TSA website recommends checking with your physician before any air travel, so I will do that for my own peace of mind. (Even though I know everything is perfectly safe.) Sometimes just hearing your doctor say "it's ok" helps a FTM feel more comfortable. 
  • galentine said:
    cmbt2 said:
    galentine said:

Wow, @cmbt2, it seems you are an expert in many fields! Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I understand the scanners are completely safe. I also know TSA allows pregnant women to opt out of them if they choose (even though they are safe), so I plan to ask my doctor whether she recommends I opt out or not. The TSA website recommends checking with your physician before any air travel, so I will do that for my own peace of mind. (Even though I know everything is perfectly safe.) Sometimes just hearing your doctor say "it's ok" helps a FTM feel more comfortable. 
     Trust me, not even close. I’m just your lowly neighborhood HP

I always ask about travel. It isn’t a FTM thing. I was really only speaking to radiation factor of it. Whether or not to fly itself depends on the person and pregnancy (like, I’m not allowed to fly in 3rd tri at all).
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited February 2019
    How far along are you? 5W1D

Any appointments this week/last? Our first scan is next Monday! We conceived via IUI so they do an early viability confirmation scan. I’m hoping we get lucky and get a heartbeat though it might be too soon. 

Any pregnancy related symptoms? Definitely tired, sore boobs, and I have had dizzy spells since about six days after the IUI, which is annoying but apparently normal. 

Rants/Raves? We had a scare with beta numbers and had to wait four long days between betas before getting a call that we had great numbers today. I’m annoyed that the nurse was so doom and gloom after the second beta (seriously you guys, she said  “we really want to see it double, dr is worried” and “all you can do is pray things turn around for you”!!!). But I’m thrilled that we had great numbers today! Sooooo I guess this is both a rant and a rave? Whew, I feel better now, thanks. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not yet but I know I will! 

As for the item I’m most excited to shop for, it’s definitely the crib! I have been dreaming about the nursery and there is a very specific white crib in my dreams that I guess I’m now obligated to somehow find. 
  • @wanderlost My area has a legit consignment season where churches and organizations have huge baby and children's consignment sales in March and September. Worth looking into!
    BabyFruit Ticker