July 2019 Moms

Superbowl Weekend

What are people cooking?
Anyone hosting a big party?
What team are you cheering for?

Re: Superbowl Weekend

• I'm not interested in the game but we'll still have a nice spread of food. Going to make a pepperoni stromboli bc I've been craving pepperoni in a weirdly intense way! And I'll make a cheese and veggie tray and maybe something else.
  • Loading the player...
  • @hestia14 Yes! Are you cooking anything for puppy bowl??

I'm looking for inspiration.
  • @hestia14 I totally forgot about the puppy bowl!! I'll be watching that for sure.

We are kind of boycotting the super bowl due to the teams. I'm very anti-dynasty. 
  • @CBeanz nah, my MIL always has a good spread no matter what the occasion. I’m hoping there will be a pup at her house that she’s dogsitting! 
  • Rooting for the Patriots because the Rams stole the NFC championship from the Saints. Worst call in football ever.  We are going to a friend's house. I am bringing brownie cookie bars and shrimp dip. If I can't drink, I will consume my calories in alllllllll the delicious unhealthy foods:) 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Im rooting for the Rams because I’m super anti patriots. And while it was the saints that lost out from that call, it was the officials, not the team that ultimately blew it. 

We got a veggie tray and some chipotle ranch yogurt veggie dip. And some different fruits to snack on. 
    It’ll just be DH and I as our introverted selves. Hanging out. LOL. 
  • Oh wow I was unaware of the Rams/Saints issue!!  Either way I'm rooting for my stromboli and maybe the commercials.
  • Would love to see someone other than the Patriots win, but the Saints were definitely cheated out of that last game with the non call. I know it was the officials fault but still! 

We will just watch at home. The boys go to bed at 7 so doesn’t give us a lot of time to go anywhere to watch. I think I’ll make some buffalo chicken dip! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ehhh we don’t really do anything. I will probably keep up with the game (going in and out of sleep). But it would be nice for the patriots to be beat again. 
  • Cocktail weiners in BBQ and grape jelly
    Pigs in a blanket
    And this weird thing my mom used to make as a snack that I love: cut an Italian loadf horizontally, put finely chopped broccoli on bread, cover in cheddar cheese, and bake. But into small squares & Dip in dill dip.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • And Im from Cleveland so I root for the underdog. 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @firecracker_mama your broccoli thing sounds yummy!
  • Rooting for the team Not the Patriots. But not excited about either...

just the three of us and we are having this bread bowl dip I love, chicken wings and little hot dogs! Oh and lemonade! 
  • cindler said:
    @firecracker_mama your broccoli thing sounds yummy

**Trapped in box**
    I'll try to remember to take a picture but #pregnancybrain doesn't make promises
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @Happyin14 tell me more about your bread bowl dip. Is it cheesy? Do you make the bread or buy it?
  • Heading to the IL’s for the game. They love to go all out and do extravagant things, so we do this almost every year. 

I’m team Maroon5... does that count? Also, team anyone but the Patriots. A couple cheaters on the team ruins it for everyone. 
  • We are going to a party. I go more for socializing and food not football. I’m bringing pigs in a blanket. 
  • hinoteshinotes member
    edited February 2019
    We're having spinach dip with veggies, chili nachos, shrimp cocktail, and raspberry brownies.  It's just me and my husband, so we're making smaller batches of each, but we wanted the variety.  I agree the Saints should be there, and I was all set to root for them, but at this point I just want to see a good game.
  • We’re headed to a party, normally I’m a wings girl but that works better when you’re hosting. Not sure what we’ll bring really- maybe chips and salsa? Deviled eggs? 
    Just hoping for not the patriots. 
  • Happyin14Happyin14 member
    edited February 2019
    @Cbeanz, I buy one of those round loaves. Hollow it out. 

The dip is cream cheese, sour cream and what we call chipped beef. Buddig Beef. It’s SO GOOD, even though it sounds kind of meh.

man. So many typos. 
  • Change of plans - DH ruined the utility tub plumbing last night (don't ask) so my FIL stopped over to help him fix it...and my MIL tagged along and talked my ear off for two hours. And once again tried to change one of my ideas for the baby shower. :expressionless: I'm gonna just make some pulled pork-stuffed crescent rolls for ourselves and enjoy the nice weather. 
  • Hubby and I are at the beach right now!! Going to call in pizza and wings. At first I wasn't thrilled making our weekend getaway on super bowl weekend because I'm really not a football fan. But it will still be fun. Definitely not rooting for the Patriots, they are waayy too cocky and have won too many already! We (well hubby mostly lol) are huge Eagle fans living near Philly, so we were happy about last year's game! I did have a weird dream last night that I was really into the game but the Patriots won ha!
  • I remembered to take pictures!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @firecracker_mama oh! That looks good!

No fun stuff here. Cleaning day which unexpectedly included cleaning our fish tank since the 4yr old decided to dump the entire container of fish food in the tank.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • This game is boring as hell.... 

Maroon5 at halftime... the last bit. Mmmmm... my mom even text me how hot he is. Haha! 
  • This game is awful! The AFC and NFC championship games were way better than this! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited February 2019
    The game, halftime show and commercials all fell flat for me.  I am still trying to process the Burger King Andy Warhol commercial. 
  • That was so boring. At least if I wasn't pregnant I could have had drinks or something. Instead I found myself fielding weirdo questions like "are you planning a natural birth?" from some random older man.  Uhhhh, do you mean vaginally or without pain meds?  So. Awkward. I just smiled and said "hopefully".  :s 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 that's when you pretend to do a shot and walk away. 
  • @xtinecatherine that BK commercial was super weird