Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Fri-YAY! 2/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Fri-YAY! 2/1

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 hey if FF is right about CD16 it makes my timing better LOL. Your chart looks so pretty!  FX for you!

@kbrown2385 not sure about the metformin but I also apparently ovulated late this month, January has been strange all around LOL. Your timing looks good too!
  • *lurking*
    @kimmer1412 - I think CD16 is pretty good for O. You don't have to have fertile CM on the O day because by that time you don't need to be keeping the sperm alive anymore. 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: CD18/ 3DPO

Timing: -5, -3, 0, 2

Typical LP length: 10 days

Testing: I will start at 8DPO. 

R/R: I was expecting my shift yesterday but it didn't happen until today. Tempdrop changed one of my older temps giving my a shift with a fallback rise. So now I'm 3DPO. I'm so relieved because I was beginning to worry my body had a failed attempt to ovulate. 

CS/Q: 

@kimmer1412 enjoy a casual dress day. Those were always my favorite days. I'm so much more comfortable in Jean's than dress. 

@kbrown2385 I hope your sleep improves. I'm glad it hasn't affected your temping. 

@inthewoods23 that show sounds interesting. I have never heard of anything like that. I may have to go Google this. Lol! 

• kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited February 2019
    @inthewoods23 yes the idea of going back to sleep is great lol. It doesn’t always happen though. Where can I find that show? I’m intrigued!

@kimmer1412 glad I’m not alone with weird ovulation this cycle! I’m also glad you think my timing looks good. I was frustrated dh dropped the ball a couple of times haha

@emeraldcity603 glad your body came through this cycle and did what it was supposed to do! It’s all so frustrating sometimes! 

Edit for words
  • @emeraldcity603 @kbrown2385 it's on Netflix!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 since I'm in a show hole I will be checking it out sometime today. 
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited February 2019
    @b_1029 we'll be pee buddies if my blood test comes back positive! I have one HPT left and I'm saving it for when I know I'm KU! Loving our synchronized menses! 😆 I'm feeling in the same boat a little with the extra finances that have popped up for us. Had to take a pet to the vet last month and he might eventually need a lump removed. *TW* my sister's baby shower gifts *end TW* seems like we've spent so much this year, and we just got to February!

Our house has been 55 before and that's no fun when you're home! I saw on the news yesterday that a house in our area lost power for a number of hours and their house went from being 70 to the 30s! Like holy hell that's cold for a house! Sounds like their insulation sucks 😕

ETA cuz I wasn't finished!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 it is nice to have a buddy :) maybe we'll synchronized-move over to Oct. as well! Awww I hope your baby is ok. Hopefully it's nothing serious. We usually keep our house chilly, but never under 60! I can't even imagine...the 30's?!?! 

@stephanie123456 happy Friday! Sorry your temps are being goofy.
  • @b_1029 yes! October BMB please! I always wanted a fall due date because that's like the best time to be on maternity leave. It's not too hot, not too cold. Not a lot of people at places like the zoo so you can just stroll around with your newborn *sigh* but it's just a dream right now. FX for us!

@stephanie123456 looks like you have the start of a triphasic pattern going. Of course that means nothing 😅
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @stephanie123456 - Were those last two temps with the open circles taken later than your normal time? 
  • @b_1029 hopefully yall get the furnace fixed asap. That doesnt sound fun. 

@stephanie123456 I think your chart looks good even with the wonky temps. 

• @b_1029:  Oh no about the furnace!  Hopefully can get fixed ASAP.  And it always seems like expenses happen all at once!  

@kimmer1412:  agree with day 16 as O date, too.  

@inthewoods23:  I'm going to check that show out (but probably when DH is not around...)

Month/Cycle:   Cycle 6

CD/DPO:  CD48/2DPO

Timing: not great.  

Typical LP length:  14 days

Testing:   Valentine's Day (if no AF by then) - will be 15DPO

R/R:  rave - Friday.  Enough said.  Also...family stuff that was stressing out DH (and me) seems to be reaching a resolution.  Will be a long road to normal, but I feel like I can see the dawn.

CS/Q:  Nah.  Stopped temping back around CD30.
  • @marebear15 no... my "regular" time is 6:20am, today was 4:10am, yesterday was 5:40am.

@inthewoods23 of course! How does your chart this cycle compare to previous cycles? I'm rooting so hard for us this month.

@b_1029 I just don't understand this thermometer... granted, it's five years old. I am also team "would like to join the october bmb" over here.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @b_1029 sorry about your furnace! Hopefully it’s a quick fix, but glad you have somewhere to go if you need it!

@stephanie123456 sorry you’re having sleep issues too! Fx we both get some quality sleep soon!

@lcking82 glad things are getting better on the family front. 
  • @stephanie123456 besides the 1 big dip, this is the most consistent I've seen with increases in temps after O. A few times temps have been consistently holding, but usually they're still a bit erratic. I do oral temp though. I didn't temp during the TWW after my first IUI so I really don't know if this is a really good sign or not compared to last time. As much as I might like to POAS next week, I'm gonna be paying for the blood test regardless so I won't POAS.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • begging4abumpbegging4abump member
    edited February 2019
    @kimmer1412 I hope the busyness of today helps the day go by faster!
    Sorry for the frustration of being unsure of your o date. 

@kbrown2385 Sorry to hear that you haven’t been sleeping well! Hopefully the weekend should get you all caught up on those zzzs. Thanks for the book suggestions yesterday! I had enjoyed girl on the train, and all your other suggestions have holds at the library. I’m excited to get to them later!!

@inthewoods23 That show sounds cute. Chart looks great!

@emeraldcity603 glad to hear that today’s temp helped to reassure you about o. I had a dip 2dpo too, so our charts look pretty similar. Let’s hope it’s some well kept secret that a 2dpo dip is a good sign!

@b_1029 I hope someone can come out to fix your furnace soon!!! I wish you much heat and relaxation this weekend!!

@stephanie123456 those are early mornings!! You are in the homestretch. I know we’ve been on opposite sides of wto/tww, and I’m new, but I’m really rooting for you this weekend!!!

@lcking82 glad to hear you can see the light, sorry to hear you’ve been having a tough time. It’s really hard to be stressed about fam stuff, especially when it’s dragging you and YH at the same time!

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD/DPO: 20/3

Timing: h

Typical LP length: 11-13

Testing: 14 dpo

R/R: thanks for all the book recommendations!!! Based on what I’d already read and what was available, I ended up with both of @samashley1 ‘s suggestions. I’m so excited to start a new series (Cormoran Strike), especially since I’m really enjoying book #1. I get ridiculously excited to have a book that I’m enjoying, and to know there are more waiting, eeeee!!! I also screenshot the other suggestions, so I should be set for a while! Yay!!

CS/Q: is it a big deal to forgo opk +5? I feel pretty confident that o is long gone...

• Late to the party but I’m here!

@kimmer1412 I hate when O is hard to pinpoint. Hopefully it becomes more clear in a few days. 

@kbrown2385 Sorry about the early morning waking! 

@inthewoods23 I hear you on the cold weather. As I told DH, it’s February now.. which is almost May!

@emeraldcity603 Yay for a lovely temp shift!

@b_1029 That’s really sh*tty about your furnace going. I hope it can be fixed quickly and the cost isn’t outrageous.

@stephanie123456 That’s one beautiful chart. I’m keeping FX for you. I can’t believe you haven’t POAS yet!

@lcking82 Glad the family drama is winding down. 

@begging4abump I have so many books on the go. I’m reading multiple ones at once, but it’s a great distraction for me!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 27/ who knows? Somewhere between 11-14

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 11-13

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Finally have a break from work.. one week off. It is very much needed. I celebrated with a hair appointment this morning (cut/colour) and am feeling good. I think I O’d a bit later than I originally thought but I started cramping/spotting today so this should be my last day here. I was kind of hoping AF would arrive today so CD1 would be on Feb 1.. just a little OCD. 

CS/Q: nope, ready to move on!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @misshelen86 NOOOOOO!!! I'm so sorry about the spotting  :'( I remember we had similar DPOs so I was hoping to find a test buddy!!
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @misshelen86 sorry about the spotting. At least you have the cut and color to feel good about!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @begging4abump once you have confirmed ovulation you don't need to use OPKs. They are meant to give you a heads up that ovulation is pending. They can't confirm ovulation though. Since you have 3 temps well above your previous 6 you have confirmed ovulation. 
  • @emeraldcity603 thanks. I typed my question out terribly. 🤦🏽‍♀️I meant to ask if it was crucial to bd +5 after +opk, like how SMEP guidelines advise. Meh, we skipped, and I am ok with that, but I appreciate your taking your time to answer tho!
  • @begging4abump I would assume the egg is long gone by then. It really depends on your CM. Has it dried up yet? I know when using this method to TTA the rule is no unprotected sex until your CM has dried up and you are 4 days past peak and 3 days past your shift. 
  • @emeraldcity603 yea, that’s what I’m thinking. Cm was saying to just move on and go to bed early, ha.
  • @begging4abump I personally like to HIO as SMEP advises in case O is delayed for whatever reason, that way you are still covered. Last cycle I was sure I had O’d early but continued on with SMEP and only in looking back at my cycle did I realize I O’d later than I thought. It looks like you have a clear temp shift though so I wouldn’t worry about your timing!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!