July 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/28

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/28

• @nolemomma14 (and everyone) - I follow a girl (mommy.labornurse) on Instagram who gives SUCH good advice on pregnancy, labor, and babies.

I believe she is about to make public a course she developed for uedicated births, and it sounded SO good! She even talked about wanting to keep her price point LOW as to not make it cost prohibitive. 

(No, I’m not tied to her in any way, and I won’t make money if you buy it. Just passing along info! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I'm not sure if it is a pregnancy symptom (I was blaming it on being fat and out of shape) but my classroom is upstairs and I am winded like I just sprinted a mile walking up the stairs every day. The slightest bit of physical activity like that and I am just wiped out. 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 and @indulgentgypsy I am also always winded! I literally just went down to the basement to do laundry and came back up and was breathing heavy lol. And I am not overweight, so it must be pregnancy... granted I also haven’t been exercising either 😂
  • @rgn12 It's so weird. I HAVE been to the gym this week and I felt like I was more winded today. Maybe pregnancy causes allergies to laundry ;).
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @greeneyedgirl12 yesss! Add that to the no-list with cat litter and I will be a happy lady!!! 😂
  • @rgn12 @greeneyedgirl12 I can't really bend over any more let alone exercise, it's not that I have a big belly yet, but my bones scream at me for trying to move them in any position other than standing or sitting. Even sleeping I'm in agony. So over it! 
  • Yea. I stole my kids' wagon and am using it as food cart for the animals. I get way too out of breath walking back and forth to pens and the feed barn. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @foodislove I'm with you. I wake up with my back in agony every morning no matter what positions I try to sleep in. 
  • +1 to getting winded. I had to go up stairs to the third floor on Monday. Took me a solid minute or two before I could talk! I'm even going to the gym almost daily! 

Yesterday I was doing hanging leg raises and when I lifted my legs, I could feel my whole stomach/baby move. It was weird!
  • Have any of you had a dr recommend a cystic fibrosis screening without a family history of it?
  • @nerdtoyourmother I just followed that IG account and found the photo of cervical exam clamps (not sure what exactly they're called :sweat_smile: ) that had a caption like, "Show this to your male partner and have him guess what this is used for." DH's response was, "Oh, that's the vaginal shoehorn, right?" Close enough :D 
  • Anyone else notice that maternity dresses accentuate the b(l)ump like whoa? I know it's because of the fact they're cut to allow for bump growth, but good lord. I'm 17w today, and it seems like it's bump at the top and blump/fat with some bump pushing it out further at the bottom, but the 2 nicer maternity dresses I have make me look super pregnant.

I have a banquet thing tomorrow night and my options at 17w are wear one of my normal/non-mat dresses that still fit and just look a little extra pudgy or wear one of my mat dresses and look hella pregnant. I'm probably going with the former, as the main people I know at the event I've told or will tell tomorrow, but it's such a stark split!
  • @mama_bear19 in my first pregnancy, it was included in the genetic test I took. 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I’ve found that all maternity clothes tend to accentuate the bump! 
    @Bear14+ I don’t remember anyone mentioning it with my first. I’ve seen multiple drs this time who also didn’t say anything.  It just seemed weird that no one else ever mentioned it.
  • @mama_bear19 it's definitely one of those tests that only has to be done once, either you carry gene or you don't... maybe you can ask if it was covered the first time? Seems weird that they didn't do it before, but want to do it now. I don't remember which test it was that I took, but it covered a lot of different things. 
  • Thanks @Bear14+. I’m asking them to check to see if I had the test with my first.
  • @mama_bear19 I know, but I was surprised at how severe the split was between non-mat (super-awkward-extra-fat) and mat (PREGNANT AF). Probably going with awkward. I may try on a few other non-mat dresses to see if any are more flattering...
  • Yeah, I remember being surprised about that with my first. I felt like it was hard to find clothes that were comfy that didn’t scream I’m pregnant. Once I announced I just embraced the pregnant look. 
  • @Bear14+ It was included in my 8-week blood work to check if I was a carrier. 
  • @hestia14 are you talking about the speculum? DH watched a pap smear for the first time early in the pregnancy and he was just fascinated that the doctor looked through the speculum. It was pretty funny!
  • @cindler Yes, thank you! Speculum...vagina shoehorn...pretty close :D 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I actually like that they accentuate the bump! I think it's much more flattering in this stage too to think oh yeah I'm rocking my bump vs being uncomfortable in something that only kinda fits. You do what you like, but I say go for the maternity dress!
  • @hakele Hope the nausea ends for you soon. Can't believe you are still so sick at this point! 
  • @foodislove it is SO MUCH better. I was having it all day, every day. Now it is just when I get up. So, I'm happy. I'm pretty sensitive to hormone changes in my body, so I'm not surprised. I throw up if I get a little anxious. 
  • @hakele @ccmama3 I just don't know if I'm ready to flaunt the bump, especially since I'm only 17w and feel like the only reason I'm showing is the fact I'm overweight.
  • Hey guys I follow this couponer on IG and she posted two pretty good baby deals today if anyone is looking for a crib or swing! We have this same swing and it's great. 

• @Bear14+ I was offered the cystic fibrosis screen/other genetic testing this time, but not in my first pregnancy. My OB said it had been her practice to offer genetic screening only to patients at higher risk, but that ACOG now recommends that they offer to all pregnant women. I decided against getting it done.
  • For those of you that bought temporary wedding rings, especially those of you who bought silicone ones, did you size up or count on the stretch to be enough so you could wear it post-pregnancy?
  • @greeneyedgirl12 My wedding rings are a 6.5, and my Qalo rings are a size 7. I had pre-e with my first and I swelled up pretty bad. I still wear them when I get extra bloaty! 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I went up a size on the silver ring I got. It’s been great so far. I’m an 8 and got a 9. P.s. I have man hands. 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I'm not even sure dh got me one for Christmas. I think the different brands will tell you how to size. 
  • @nolemomma14 That’s so sweet!! 
  • @jenniferjoy37 Thanks! I THINK my bands are 7.5s or even custom sized to 7.75 or so (my e-ring was too big at firss and my band is custom)...
    @hakele Good to know. DH says I should get a full size up, but I'm nervous. I'm guessing the silicone will make it harder to slide off, too. I have little kid hands (short/stubby fingers). Keeping my nails done helps them look marginally better.
    @asupernovablizzardstorm I know what I'd normally be I'm just trying to figure out how much swelling I should account for and how much the silicone ones stretch before they are too tight. I know everyone's different but I figured I'd get multiple opinions.

What's frustrating is I HAD a silicone one to try wearing while I work out, and I hated it and lost track of it.
  • Does somebody want to start another product spotlight this week? I feel like we haven't had enough.
  • @hestia14 I feel totally unqualified to start it, but I would love to hear thoughts on diaper bags.