Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 1/28

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  What meal are you looking forward to the most after LO is born?  

Re: Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 1/28

• Loading the player...
  • @hestia14 Oh no! I hope they fix the water main soon. How long is the freeze supposed to last? 
  • edited January 2019
    @mamanbebe We're supposed to dip below 0F tomorrow night and stay in the negatives/single digits until Friday morning. :/ 
  • @hestia14 Not a lot of snow our way, just cold and wet. Hope you hang in there!

@mamanbebe I'm signing up for a massage, soon, I think. That and a lot of baths there.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23, 14w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Beet

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 12th for a checkup

How are you feeling?: My hip is killing me. 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: For those of you with a scheduled c-section, any particular dates you are looking at? I am thinking I'll schedule for 7-18-19 if he doesn't come on his own before then (hoping for a vbac).

Well, I don't drink, don't like deli meats, don't love medium steaks... so sushi? I really love spicy tuna with a crunch to it, paired with sweet potato rolls. @mamanbebe Cooked rolls aren't worth it! Veggie sushi or nada for me right now.
  • @foodislove My ideal date is 7/8/19: it's in between two other kids' birthdays in my family and in my 38th week. My doctor said at my initial appointment that my CS should be scheduled for my 37th week, but she will tell me for certain when I should have it during my anatomy scan. I personally want to push for the 38th week because my mom carried me to 40 weeks with a larger myomectomy scar and a lot less time to heal, with no signs of potential rupture. My doctor says that 37 weeks is essentially full-term, but I'd like this baby to stay in me as long as safely possible.
    And solidarity on pain! My sciatica has been going on for weeks now :(
  • I think I am the only one who does not like sushi! LOL... and ladies, I literally live in the arctic. We're under extreme cold warning. Today it is -30 with the wind-chill and over night we are expected to hit -40 to -50 wind chills. LIKE WHAT?! I made it in to work BARELY. The road conditions and blowing snow is horrible, yet the city keeps going. That is in Celsius, sorry we don't do Fahrenheit up here! But ya'll get the point... I am ready for summer!! @hestia14 @mamanbebe @foodislove

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days
    EDD July 20 - 15W2D

Yellow Canary

Green

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Feb 13- monthly OB

How are you feeling?: 
    Good! I had a prenatal massage on Saturday and she worked on my achy hips, back and shoulders.

Rants/Raves:  
    See above... ITS FRIGGEN COLD and I am getting very bitter about it. I think I am the type of person that gets  seasonal affective disorder - undiagnosed, but I can feel it just weighing me down.

Questions: 

I don't like Sushie ... just a glass of rose or white wine.
  • I am having a hard time remembering... and I know everyone has introduced themselves but would everyone remind me where they are from?! (City, State/Province?!) Thx!!! @jennm0724 @Hestia14 @mamanbebe @foodislove and all other group 3ers
  • @canuckmomma Portland, OR here! 
  • @canuckmomma Ohio, land of buckeyes and snow :p 
  • @canuckmomma Gilroy, CA (garlic capital of the world) 
  • @hestia14 I just posted in ransoms, but our schools are closed all week due to cold. It’s going to be -26 with a windchill of -55. I’m not ok with this. 
  • @hakele I'm pretty sure I felt something the other night. It was a couple of light taps that felt too "in the front" to be gas/digestion. Now I'm waiting for it to happen again...!
    @wineandcoffee Ugh, that sounds awful. :( You guys don't get much snow in Iowa, right? Just super cold winters I thought.
  • @hakele Making me feel awful about my baths and eggs benny.   :|  But seriously I feel you on the pain. I called the OB today and they said they wanna wait and evaluate me in two weeks. Grumble.

@wineandcoffee That sounds awful. Like don't leave the house for days terrible.
  • @foodislove I'm used to taking like 105*+ baths. Which is WAY too hot for baby. I don't honestly even know what temperature I used to do, but it was TOO HOT. And 100* just doesn't feel very warm to me. I keep trying, but it is repeatedly disappointing. I mean, I used to get it nice and hot and sit in there for like an hour and a half. It was my "Outlander time". 
  • @hakele That's awesome! I do decently hot baths as well, but I never take the temp... maybe I should. I took hot baths with my previous pregnancy due to my hip misalignment and M was fine, so that's what I'm going with atm. Sorry you aren't getting your awesome pamper bath time though - are you doing anything for yourself to make up for it?
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 / 15w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): magic 8 ball

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 19th, monthly check up

How are you feeling?: pretty good! find myself not being able to find a comfy position on the couch to watch tv at night. probably will start going for massages soon too. 

Rants/Raves:  i am SO over this weather in canada. i'm leaving for my babymoon in a week and it can't come fast enough! last night we got 20cm of snow on top of the snow we got last week. BLEH. on the plus side i'm working from home more often due to the weather, but i'm kind of getting cabin fever. :neutral:

Questions: 

GTKY:  What meal are you looking forward to the most after LO is born? some moscato wine (or sangria by the time this little babe comes out), and a medium rare steak! 

@canuckmomma i'm from Whitby, ON :smile:

• Also, sorry ladies I checked in here this week instead of Group 2. It really doesn't help that my last due date was also in July!! :)
  • Idk if this is the right way to do bathtub safety, but when I take a bath, I take my oral thermometer with me and check my body temperature every once in a while. I think 101 degrees is when it starts to get dangerous?
  • I'm from PA. Sorry I've been MIA!
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23/15 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): tomato

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green-ish (trying to stay strong, but I'm getting tempted lol)

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow morning

How are you feeling?: I had a kidney stone last week! I thought it was a pulled muscle and finally last Friday thought maybe it was a UTI. Nope, kidney stone. Fortunately it must have been small because it passed without needing any kind of intervention. My itching has also increased so I'm interested to get my bile acids run again tomorrow. Otherwise feeling pretty good!! No major complaints.

Rants/Raves: We aren't even in the polar vortex and I think it's so cold... spring, where are you?!

Questions: None!

GTKY:  What meal are you looking forward to the most after LO is born? To be honest, I don't really avoid any foods while pregnant. I had sushi once during my last pregnancy but we don't have any good places where I live so it's not something we usually eat anyway. The only thing I am reallyyyy wanting is a beer! 
  •  Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    7/19 15+5

Orange

Green

Upcoming Appointments: 
    3 wk, then AS

How are you feeling?: 
    Still pukey, energy returning

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  What meal are you looking forward to the most after LO is born?  
    I can't even think about food right now.
  • @ccmama3 I hope your bile levels stay low!!
  • I’m from Toronto (Canada)

Due Date / Weeks + Days:  July 24, 15+1

Baby is the size of a(n):  avacado

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out!

Upcoming Appointment: Monday, then I assume AS in a couple of weeks

How are you feeling?: Totally fine, not showing yet

Questions: does anyone else get freaked out with no symptoms + not showing and not feeling any movement yet? The ‘you still in there? Thought keeps popping into my head, try as I might not to.

• Sorry I’m a late joiner! Hope you guys will accept me in or group 3 :) a quick intro my name is Amy, I’m from Wisconsin, and I have a 4 year old son. I’m a working mom. Looking forward to getting to know everyone :) 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  July 22. 15w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink!

Upcoming Appointments: not until 2/26, which is an OB apt and my anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: pretty good. Extremely cold. Our temps have gotten down to -60 windchill in the last few days!

Rants/Raves: rant, about the cold lol. Just ready for warmer weather and feeling really grateful for another summer baby :) 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What meal are you looking forward to the most after LO is Born? Hm, nothing too specific. Not a fan of sushi, or lunch meat, etc. Probably just being able to have a beer occasionally again!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    July 17 / 16w today 

not trusting the fruit comparisons..  

Finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: 
    This coming Monday 😁. They are supposed to to ultrasound & if baby lets us, Dr said maybe will know gender!!

How are you feeling?: 
    surprisingly just fine, had a head cold last week that was nasty.. still almost no “pregnancy symptoms” kinda wish I had something but trying to enjoy not 😁 

Rants/Raves:  
    Rants: Stressed about some stupid work stuff... also had to rush to meet tax deadlines (small business co-owner with DH). Annoyed at a family member for being stupid out of nowhere...
    Raves: DH has been awesome! He’s super excited about the ultrasound on Monday! Helping me with housework and taking care of our kitties. 

Questions: 
    Has anyone for sure felt baby? I think I did a few days ago but not 100% sure. 

Agree with missing sushi 🍣 & wine 🍷 
    will be amazing !! 

And I’m in west Kentucky. We got some of that deep freeze weather too. By Monday it’s auto be 60*F... monther nature is bipolar around here 🙃
  • @finnflan yes!! I’m the same way, I don’t have any appointment until next week and I’m always thinking “hey kid you still in there!?” I don’t feel movement I feel what someone told me was a baby bump is just my normal muffin top just with some bloat!! 
  • @1stbabe719 I've felt a poke and roll so far, not a lot, but very similar to what I remember of my first pregnancy. FX'd for your scan on Monday that you get a glimpse of the gender!
  • @finnflan hey fellow torontonian :blush: i feel the same about the (lack of) movement too :blush: i've noticed that chocolate chip cookies and milk, for me, trigger some flutters, but it's been a few days since i've felt any taps or "bubbles". my next appt isn't until feb 19, so just gotta stay positive and not so much in my head. 

• @1stbabe719 I've started to think I can feel a little something usually in the evening when I'm sitting on the couch but I'm still not 100%. It will be soon for all of us!
  • @1stbabe719 I think I've been feeling it pretty regularly. It is usually around the same time of day and just not something I'm used to. It feels like a humming feeling and it is always around the same area. I'm planning to ask the doctor about it next week. I also had some taps and a flip a few weeks ago. But now, it is feeling more regular. It is usually when I am finally still. Which is around 4:30 in the afternoon when I head for some rest. And then again after I lay down for the night. Hubs tried to put his ear down there and see if he felt or heard anything, but nope! But we are starting to talk to the bump because the apps all say that the baby can start to hear us now. And that is really fun! 

@foodislove @hestia14 I got one of those baby bath thermometers. It lights up when the water is 102*. I did a bath last night where the water started at 102 and it seemed perfect and I didn't feel overheated at all. So that seemed to work pretty well for me!