July 2019 Moms

FitMom Check-in W/O 1/28

Hey fit moms!  I am late on getting this started - but I'm excited to hear how everyone is doing!

What were your biggest successes from the previous two weeks?

What are your goals for the upcoming week?

What is one way you plan to take care of yourself?

GTKY: What is your SO's fitness routine and how does it impact yours?

Re: FitMom Check-in W/O 1/28

• What were your biggest successes from the previous two weeks? I'm getting a couple workouts in each week.  Last week I was down for the count with stomach flu, so it's been slow getting back to normal life. 

What are your goals for the upcoming week? I am hoping for 3 workouts and I already did one! It was a prenatal workout so the intensity was lower than I'm used to, but it's better than nothing.

What is one way you plan to take care of yourself?  I need more sleep.  I want to go to bed earlier every night but I always say this and never do it.  Last night I tried, but then proceeded to lay awake for 2.5 hours.

GTKY: What is your SO's fitness routine and how does it impact yours? He used to do his workout during lunch at his gym and I would do my workout over lunch at my gym.  But we ran into some major health issues recently where he's had to take a break. I hope he'll pick up with fitness again but it's so hard to find the time with 3 kids and the commutes and all the stuff we have going on.  He enables me anytime I want to work out.  I'd like to do the same for him!
  • Hey fit moms!  I am late on getting this started - but I'm excited to hear how everyone is doing!

This is my first post in this group, hope it's okay, since I just got to feeling well enough to go back to working out...

What were your biggest successes from the previous two weeks? Went back to the gym for the first time in ~8 weeks on Friday... and paid for it all weekend. Standing up/sitting down took a solid few seconds. Probably not helped by fact hip area muscles are the muscles already angry/sore/stretching from pregnancy

What are your goals for the upcoming week? 2-3 workouts at my normal gym (it's the same class offered a few times per day). Got one in this morning. The MWF work outs are more weights with short cardio period at the end, so easier for my trainer to adapt to pregnancy than the TR cardio heavy ones. Also better for pregnancy because the heart rate elevation risks are smaller.

What is one way you plan to take care of yourself? Try a bath to ease some of the muscle tension/soreness! We got a fancy jetted tub that also has air bubbles, so it will cool off/be safe like a normal bath would, not risk hot water getting cycled back in like a hot tub (although I'm 99% sure it cycles water already in the tub so it wouldn't be an issue, I need to look into this further).

GTKY: What is your SO's fitness routine and how does it impact yours? He's been less than stellar about it recently (he'd admit it, so it's not talking behind his back), but he tries to get up extra early and hop on the elliptical for 30-60. Doesn't affect me much, other than it means I wake up the first time a little earlier and usually can't fall fully back asleep after he leaves and the sleep gets worse and/or the dreams get weird AF.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...

• What were your biggest successes from the previous two weeks?

I got to the gym during my lunch hour 5/5 days, also did a half hour prenatal yoga session last night... so I'd say that's a win!

Goal is 3-4 days this week. I am not at work one day and have a lunch wedding shower another day.

More water, in bed by 9 on work nights (up at 530am) and one session a week of yoga.

He works out at his work gym when he can but his work schedule is crazy.

Not much in the workout department due to sick kids but was able to stay on top of clean eating 

workout three times this week and get a routine down 

Quiet time in the morning before my girls wake up and stay focused on eating 

gym four times a week. It keeps me motivated and want to keep up. I just got second tri energy and it feels so good 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Actually hitting the gym regularly! Last week, I got 3 lunch hour workouts in. The week before was 5!

Continue to go to the gym, even if I don't want to. 

Focus on stress relief and self care. I'm thinking a bath on this cold, windy January day sounds like a great idea!

He is so much more committed to working out. Its inspiring to me. It helps that he's seen major changes in his body that he's proud of. We both work out over lunch at the same gym. He'd spend 2 hours there if he could (and sometimes does) where as I'm a little more restricted in my lunch time.
  • I’ve been hit with illness week one respiratory week two GI. Today is day 1 of feeling much better. I did body fit by Amy body weight training and it felt so good! I’m gonna shoot for another video tomorrow or maybe treadmill and barre class sat am. I work 12 hr shifts so thurs fri my exercise is just being a nurse lol. I also have to really up my water game. My spouse doesn’t exercise really he occasionally runs. 
  • What were your biggest successes from the previous two weeks? I've been filling my Apple rings like whoa. I'd call at least 3-4 of those days each week pretty legit intensity, and then a couple of walks, yoga classes and such on the other days.

What are your goals for the upcoming week? Just keep on keepin' on. I'm traveling this week, so that'll probably disrupt my workouts, but it's only 2 days so I figure I'll just hit it all the others.  So far so good. I should work on adding in more water.

What is one way you plan to take care of yourself?  Honestly I'm ok with this quick trip away from the family - I need to finish my book club book before this weekend!

GTKY: What is your SO's fitness routine and how does it impact yours? He's lucky that his job is pretty physical, and he has a blessed metabolism. He dabbles here and there with an at home workout, but I'm talking like once a month maybe. He talks about increasing that sometimes, and I think it would be good for him, but I'm not going to nag on the point. He's extremely supportive of my gym, and recognizes how much it impacts not just my physical but mental health. Helps that I usually take DD with me, but he doesn't have any issue if I switch it up. 

• What were your biggest successes from the previous two weeks? Actually getting workouts in between visits from family and friends. We live in a (relatively, at least right now!) warm weather state and EVERYONE seems to be planning a visit to our area in the next few weeks and wants to get together and catch up. I love seeing people from home, but would have loved to have spread all the visits out over a bit longer of a timeframe. Takes away from the workout time!

What are your goals for the upcoming week? Get in a run or two, along with a walk. 

What is one way you plan to take care of yourself? With all of our visitors, one of the ways I plan to take care of myself is to plan when I get workouts in and what they'll be, then stick to it. Sometimes I'll wing if I workout or not and what I do, but with more limited time over these next few weeks, sticking to the plan helps me feel like I'm taking care of myself - if that makes any sense.

GTKY: What is your SO's fitness routine and how does it impact yours? My SO is also a runner, and his goal is to run 50 marathons in 50 states (he's up to 24 and counting!), so he's usually out for long runs after work and on Saturday mornings. He motivates me to get out and do something when I'm not feeling motivated, and that happened early on in pregnancy when I was exhausted and not feeling like doing much. Thankfully, second tri = more motivation!

Last week was tough for me. Sore muscles and busy work schedule. This week I am proud to say I already met my week's goal of 3 workouts, 1 of the workouts being an Orangetheory session!

I want to stick with my 3 times a week goal and try for 10k steps a day with my Fitbit. 

I really want to drink more fluids. I keep getting headaches and I think I definitely haven't been drinking enough water. 

My husband doesn't really workout. He wants to get into it, but so far he's only doing one long walk a week (we go as a family and take turns pushing DS in the stroller). Since he doesn't really workout, he's my cheerleader and encourages me to take time for myself and go for a run while he watches DS. 
  • @runner_doll I like your hubby's marathon goal! Do you go with him and see all the places/ eat the tasty food? 
  • runner_dollrunner_doll member
    edited January 2019
    @tova24, I do! It's been fun to explore new states together, and sometimes I'll run 10ks or halfs while he's doing a full marathon. All the tasty food (and the swag!) is totally why we run. :) We got a bag of potatoes as swag for a race in Idaho a few years ago. That's been hard to top!

And yay for meeting your goal for the week already! It's only Wednesday!!

• @runner_doll that’s an awesome swag gift

i rolled my ankle last night (not doing anything but walking around after my three year old). I took today off but am hoping to be back at CrossFit tomorrow. I’ve still been hitting classes 6 days a week so I’m hoping this doesn’t set me back. 
  • @runner_doll if you haven't hit Nebraska yet, I'm told the Lincoln Marathon is a great one. The entries sell out in a matter of minutes/hours. Hugely popular and tons of fun. This is all hearsay, I'm definitely not a runner...
  • @runner_doll that sounds like a lot of fun! I don't think I can top your bag of potatoes! When I ran the Grandma's marathon in Duluth, MN we had an amazing spaghetti dinner the night before (all the runners). It felt like having a family dinner at your grandparents house!
  • @wineandcoffee Sorry about your ankle - hope it's better soon and that you have good scaling options to keep moving.  6 days a week is great.

I'm impressed by those of you who mainly run for exercise. I feel like my cardio conditioning has dropped off a lot - I get winded easier and need to take breaks where I wouldn't have before.
  • runner_dollrunner_doll member
    edited February 2019
    Good to know, @cindler! He ran Omaha a few years ago, and loved it, and from a spectator perspective, it was one of my favorite races he's done. Great expo, everyone was so friendly, great start and finish area, and I think he even got a PR there. He eyes up states to get back to if he ever decides to do round 2 of running a marathon in every state, so I'll let him know about Lincoln.

@tova24, ha! Those potatoes are memorable for sure. Have heard awesome things about Grandma's. Didn't know they did the spaghetti dinner the night before. How fun!! We're originally from Wisconsin, so have lots of friends and family who have run that one. It's on his radar for round 2, since he did the Twin Cities marathon in 2016. That one's pretty iconic, at least for us Midwesterners!

@wineandcoffee, I hope your ankle is feeling better today! CrossFit six days a week is super impressive!!

• @runner_doll has he done any in CO? I'm always curious about people's experiences coming here to run or work out when they aren't used to the elevation. I mean, it is nothing to me as I've lived here my whole life save 4 months in Orlando and 4 months in Italy. But on our local MRTT board, I always love reading the "new girls" reactions to training in my state. 

What were your biggest successes from the previous two weeks?
    Biggest successes are getting off my butt and actually getting things DONE around this house and I've made it to about 4 CF workouts and 2 treadmill sessions (walking while working!) and 2 long cleaning sessions with increased heart rate. 

I'm late to the week on this post, but my goal was 3 workouts and I did it! Next week the plan is 3 CF days and 2 treadmill days. The second tri energy is FINALLY here, so I'm taking advantage. 

I've been tracking my food and water intake in a Mambi Live Well planner. It has helped me make good choices because I know I will have to write it down! 

SO and I have been doing Crossfit together for about 5 years. We love our gym and our coaches are a major part of our lives. (They are SUPER excited about baby!) He has been great about asking me every morning if I want to get up and go to the gym and I took him up on it twice this week. That was really good for me! We do find that we tend to feed off of each other with it. If one person is more motivated to go, it gets the other one going. If one of us is just checked out of it health-wise or mentally, we tend to not go... So good and bad. 
  • @runner_doll, if you're college football fans the end of the race in Lincoln is the football field at Memorial Stadium, where the Huskers play.