October 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 1/28

Re: Randoms w/o 1/28

• AFM, three people of my team of 5 didn't come to work today. We work in a hospital-affiliated research institute on a hill and the buses were kicking people out at the central station because they didn't manage to make it all the way up the hill. We live within walking distance to work, so besides taking the kids to DC on a sled we didn't really have any change in our morning routine. It's been a slow week anyway, and this made it easy for me to leave work early to go have fun with the kids in the snow.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• *Lurker from S19*

@ceclarlinetlo resizing directions in spoiler  :)

you can resize images or gifs by pasting them into your post like normal, then clicking the </> symbol (the furthest one to the right on the options bar).  That will bring up the code.  Find your pic or gif in quotes and after the final quotation marks, type in width="300" and it will resize to whatever number you typed in.  You can change the 300 to whatever size you want, bigger or smaller. 
    (it will look like "www.jibberishjibberishjibberish.gif"width="275" or whatever.  Sometimes there will be numbers or letters after the .gif or .jpg, but just put your size in after the final quotes.)  I usually use 300ish because that makes things big enough to read but small enough so it's not huge.  Then click the </> again and it will bring it back to the original version of your post and you can see the image's new size.
    Hope that's helpful.  There are probably other ways to do it, but this way is pretty easy on both desktop and mobile once you get the hang of it.

• Loading the player...
  • *Lurker from S19*

@ceclarlinetlo resizing directions in spoiler  :)

you can resize images or gifs by pasting them into your post like normal, then clicking the </> symbol (the furthest one to the right on the options bar).  That will bring up the code.  Find your pic or gif in quotes and after the final quotation marks, type in width="300" and it will resize to whatever number you typed in.  You can change the 300 to whatever size you want, bigger or smaller. 
    (it will look like "www.jibberishjibberishjibberish.gif"width="275" or whatever.  Sometimes there will be numbers or letters after the .gif or .jpg, but just put your size in after the final quotes.)  I usually use 300ish because that makes things big enough to read but small enough so it's not huge.  Then click the </> again and it will bring it back to the original version of your post and you can see the image's new size.
    Hope that's helpful.  There are probably other ways to do it, but this way is pretty easy on both desktop and mobile once you get the hang of it.

Thank you!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I just got groceries delivered to my house for the FIRST time ever and I have to say it was actually amazing. I’ve always liked going to the grocery store but there’s no denying it was 100000x easier to get them delivered. Felt just a little bad about sending the delivery person out in this polar vortex but I tipped them accordingly :)
  • @theearlymajority that's awesome, I always wanted to order groceries but the act of making an account and logging in and shopping always seems too large. So instead we eat dust and ramen for a few days and then finally shop and gorge on fresh foods...then repeat the cycle.
  • @marbellie, I think it's fun you are excited about the deception! Have fun fake drinking!
  • SOS SOS SOS. My MIL is here for the baby shower I am hosting for SIL on saturday. She likes to be helpful, and usually she is, but she randomly decided (with out asking because I wasn’t home at the time) to try to fix the slow draining sink in our ONLY bathroom. Now it doesn’t drain at all and draino isnt working 😫
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• @ceclarlinetlo oh dear - that sounds awful!!! Sometimes it's as easy as turning off the water and unscrewing "stuff" underneath the sink to remove the jam (says the non plumber who has only watched her DH do the work lol). I hope it's an easy fix and that you have your sink back soon!!
  • @ceclarlinetlo, oh no!!! Hope you can get the sink fixed asap! 🤞

Also, I definitely thought you were going to say MIL took it upon herself to fix the sink and then accidentally found your pregnancy tests in the cabinet or something! But that might just be me projecting my fear of unexpected house guests seeing the 26487 pregnancy tests under my bathroom sink 😂
  • @galentine I hid all my tests (currently at 13 with the internet cheapies) and I have one more clear blue left that I’ll take in a few days) in my bedroom side table before she arrived 😂
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• @galentine I hid all my tests (currently at 13 with the internet cheapies) and I have one more clear blue left that I’ll take in a few days) in my bedroom side table before she arrived 😂
    Take photos of them!

i finally threw my FRERs (all 7 of them) out last weekend, so like I’m one to talk 🤣 the cheapies fell apart after a little while so those went straight into the trash. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • I just got groceries delivered to my house for the FIRST time ever and I have to say it was actually amazing. I’ve always liked going to the grocery store but there’s no denying it was 100000x easier to get them delivered. Felt just a little bad about sending the delivery person out in this polar vortex but I tipped them accordingly :)
    While we were in Boston we used Instacart religiously, even with a StopnShop and Whole Foods like 2-5 Bike minutes away. With a kid errands just seem too much of a hassle sometimes.

Apparently Instacart deducts the driver's tips from their paycheck if the customers add them digitally and don't tip in cash.

• marbellie said:
    Ladies, I'm going to my first event that I have to pretend drink at tonight (going away cocktail party for a colleague). Is it wrong that I'm excited about this deception?

That is the fun part! I've already counted how many more days until I can tell my parents and the face my mom is going to make. When I was pregnant with my first I had MS when staying at their house and threw up all over the guest bathroom. I explained it away by having scarfed down my breakfast too quickly.

• cmbt2 said:
    @galentine I hid all my tests (currently at 13 with the internet cheapies) and I have one more clear blue left that I’ll take in a few days) in my bedroom side table before she arrived 😂
    Take photos of them!

i finally threw my FRERs (all 7 of them) out last weekend, so like I’m one to talk 🤣 the cheapies fell apart after a little while so those went straight into the trash. 
    Second the photo!

I've only peed on one FRER that expired in 2017 (eeep) but since my period is now 5 days late and the test was positive, I'm just going to wait until the OB-GYN appt on Feb 20th.

...or not. Gotta admit that more cheapie tests have been sitting in my amazon cart since yesterday.

• You guys...I took my girls to the playground yesterday afternoon and a 6/7 year old boy went down the slide, dropped his pants and peed all over. My girls of course thought this was hilarious and that boys are super gross! His mom had stayed in the car 🤷🏼‍♀️ She lost it and just kept apologizing 😂  It was quite the situation!
  • You guys...I took my girls to the playground yesterday afternoon and a 6/7 year old boy went down the slide, dropped his pants and peed all over. My girls of course thought this was hilarious and that boys are super gross! His mom had stayed in the car 🤷🏼‍♀️ She lost it and just kept apologizing 😂  It was quite the situation!
    :#:#:#:o oh wow.

• This might be better served for a flame free confession, but we should have a friendly competition on how many pee sticks we have hidden/stored. I'm pretty sure I have a solid collection  :D
  • @cmbt2 I know I'm also looking now for #2 so I don't get stuck in this predicament again! Also I'm really hoping to get them into the same center which has no openings until fall, so right now will be a short term solution anyway. Visiting one more place on Monday and I really hope it's a good fit. 
  • @cdnrunning, that's a great idea for the confessions thread. If you admit your #, I'll admit mine! 
  • @theearlymajority I've wanted to try grocery delivery but haven't yet! I think after baby #2 it'll be a necessity. 

@marbellie I think that's great! I remember having fun with that and realizing that it's fairly easy to trick people, as they're usually not watching you as closely as you think they are.

@c.gardner37 omg 😂 That's hilarious and disgusting all at the same time 
  • SLou24 said:
    @cmbt2 I know I'm also looking now for #2 so I don't get stuck in this predicament again! Also I'm really hoping to get them into the same center which has no openings until fall, so right now will be a short term solution anyway. Visiting one more place on Monday and I really hope it's a good fit. 
    Our daycare center has been so full that I’ve been on the list for a “maybe” baby since March of last year. They just bumped us down until we said something, so we’d be first on the list if we did decide to try for #3. It’s absolutely absurd here, but there’s a 1:4 ratio for infants 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • This might be better served for a flame free confession, but we should have a friendly competition on how many pee sticks we have hidden/stored. I'm pretty sure I have a solid collection  :D
    Is anyone else super bummed that the clear blue weeks estimater tests are not a thing anymore?
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• marbellie said:
    @theearlymajority that's awesome, I always wanted to order groceries but the act of making an account and logging in and shopping always seems too large. So instead we eat dust and ramen for a few days and then finally shop and gorge on fresh foods...then repeat the cycle.
     :D Dust and ramen, my favorite. That's usually us too buttttt--PSA-- I just found out that if you have Amazon Prime then you can get Whole Foods grocery delivery (for free + tip) without having to make an account or anything. Just go to Amazon app/site. I ordered a ton... (dangers of shopping while hungry). Also, hope your fake drinking was a success! 

@SLou24 totally agree that grocery delivery might become a regular thing after baby 2.  :p
  • @theearlymajority that's awesome, I always wanted to order groceries but the act of making an account and logging in and shopping always seems too large. So instead we eat dust and ramen for a few days and then finally shop and gorge on fresh foods...then repeat the cycle.
     :D Dust and ramen, my favorite. That's usually us too buttttt--PSA-- I just found out that if you have Amazon Prime then you can get Whole Foods grocery delivery (for free + tip) without having to make an account or anything. Just go to Amazon app/site. I ordered a ton... (dangers of shopping while hungry). Also, hope your fake drinking was a success! 

@t@theearlymajority WHAT, I'm going to check out that Amazon thing tonight for sure. Thanks for the tip!
  • @SLou24 @theearlymajority @galentine @grapeskittles4lyfe thanks for the well wishes but I failed at it. Not in the worst way but I thought I would be able to get there early enough to tip off the bartender, but that didn't happen. So instead I walked up, all eyes on me, and had to order WATER because I was "going back into the office". I'm surprised they didn't call me out on that. I definitely love working tipsy.

• @ceclarlinetlo omg that quilt is amazing!! And yay for MIl redeeming herself! 

I am heading to spin this morning and I am SO nauseous. This might not end well. 
  • @SLou24 Hi!! You’re here too!! :smile:

Good luck at spinning! I am impressed with your ambition. I am still in pajamas! 
  • Still in pajamas here too!! It’s actually going to be warm so I need to get my butt outside and run!!!!
  • All of you talk about exercise and I’m over here like “you can’t make me go out in the cold! Groceries can wait!”
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @geminigirl16 hey girl heeeeeeeey 😃
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited February 2019
    @ceclarlinetlo, that quilt is amazing! Enjoy the baby shower today!

@SLou24, good luck at spin class! Hope your nausea stays away long enough for your workout. 

I need to clean my house today, but I don't want to. I need some Molly Weasley magic to just whip my house into shape!
  • My husband’s cousin had a baby the other day and named him John Wayne. It’s a nod to both grandfathers but I can’t help but think this kid may be teased for it. 
  • @geminigirl16 why do you think he’ll be teased?
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 It only came to mind because of both the Western actor and the American serial killer who had the same combination of names. I hope I’m wrong about the potential of teasing. This is my favorite cousin of my husbands and she struggled to conceive so I am thrilled that she just had her little boy. 
  • @cmbt2 It only came to mind because of both the Western actor and the American serial killer who had the same combination of names. I hope I’m wrong about the potential of teasing. This is my favorite cousin of my husbands and she struggled to conceive so I am thrilled that she just had her little boy. 
    In all likelihood, he won’t be unless he goes by the two names together. I had to really think to get the connection. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @geminigirl16 my cousins name is Jon Wayne!  I think he did okay, it’s a good icebreaker when introducing yourself.  :)
  • @geminigirl16 there’s actually a documentary about ordinary people who have famous names like that! It’s pretty cool. I totally get what you’re saying but I agree I think it’s a great ice breaker! 
  • I am counting down the minutes until my son’s nap. I am sooooo exhausted and it’s not even 9am yet. He usually naps around 11 am so i have a while to go 😩

@geminigirl16 my first thought was Gacy 😬 I’m really into true crime though.