September 2019 Moms

The Great Question Thread!

Re: The Great Question Thread!

• @kagesstarshroom I drank it my first pregnancy. I think the key is just to brew it regular strength and not the longer medicinal times.
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited January 2019
    Question for the IF warriors out there. Or anyone else who might know the answer to this.
    I went in for my first US today and the nurse looked at my ovaries and made the comment that I must have ovulated from my left ovary because that's where the corpus luteum is. But during my mid cycle scans for my IUI I only had one mature follicle on my right ovary (at 19). I had a second small follicle on my right (at 12). The left ovary had what I assumed was a cyst (at 12, it was at 11 at baseline so basically didn't grow any). Before this IUI I was forced to take a month off because of a cyst on my left (it was much bigger, in the 30s). I just assumed it shrunk a little bit but hadn't completely gone away. How is it possible that the corpus luteum is on the left when it seemed so clear that I was ovulating on the right? The only thing I can think is that I maybe released an egg from both sides? Maybe the right was the more mature egg and ended up getting fertilized and the left released an immature egg. But the left developed the corpus luteum and not the right? Or maybe the cyst was hiding a larger follicle and I did have a mature egg on the left?
    Does anyone have any idea? The nurse was not useful and pretty much just shrugged her shoulders.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @eller-2 totally okay as long as your doctor doesn’t say other wise. With my second I had a subchronic hematoma show up later in pregnancy so I was on pelvic rest for a bit but other than that I really didn’t pay attention to what I was lifting.  With my third at some points I was carrying my 3 yo and 1.5 yo at the same time and at 9 months pregnant I was helping dig 2 foot deep trenches around my pool lol. The biggest concern really is if you weren’t to hurt yourself and require surgery they wouldn’t want you in that position pregnant. My kids were alsonall over me my entire pregnancy. 

@themadcamel omg. RIP to my boobs. 😩 I don’t even know how much bigger they got but the aftermath is not pretty. 

@jeepwave I totally understand the uncetainty. There should be an option to change your weeks to base it on your new EDD. I had 30-31 day cycles like clockwork and my first was pushed back 10 days then a couple months after they pushed it back he ALWAYS measured 2 weeks early. So my uneducated self figured they were completely wrong but the joke was on me because I still had to be induced a week after my pushed back date because he just did fb want to come out lol. My second was 3 days later than my LMP so they kept it the same then my third was pushed back a week. I guess I just typically ovulate late.  
  • What is your favorite brand/ pregnancy pillow. Desperately need one and don’t know which one to buy. I’m only 8 weeks but I’m already uncomfortable when I sleep. 
  • What is your favorite brand/pregnancy pillow I desperately need one and I don’t know which one I should buy. I’m 8 weeks and already uncomfortable when I sleep. 
  • @LJMoon6- my guess is that maybe the left caught up and you might’ve released an egg from both sides.  Bodies are weird things and you never can be sure what they are going to do! 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @furmomof3furlessontheway -- Personally, I just add the wedge pillow by Boppy, but I already use a regular body pillow all the time anyway (pregnant or otherwise)
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @furmomof3furlessontheway
    I got a snoogle last time - Meh. Some night its helped, some night it made things worse. IDK. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @LJMoon6 Could the cyst you saw be the cyst left over from a few months ago? There was nothing on the right side? Are you supplementing with progesterone right now? If if you ovulated from both I'd think there would be two cysts, since you got KU. Maybe the nurse got your sides mixed up? 
  • @nomangos23 There was nothing on the right ovary, very quiet, but the left was huge. There was no mistaking it as the corpus luteum. I am on progesterone. I really have no clue what happened. I'm pretty positive the measurements and location of the follicles were right (I even watched her do the scan). I guess I could email my RE but I'm sure her nurse will intercept it and give me the whole shrug thing again saying "sometimes these things happen and we can't explain it." Ok... fine.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Does anyone know if its safe to drink diet sprite . Its the only thing  that seems to help with the constant nausea but someone said the artificial sweetener isn't good for the baby.  I've been on keto since thanksgiving so I've only had artificial sugars for 2 months.  I'm not sure introducing real sugar in my body is a good idea right now...
  • @nightdreamr13. Same boat, I've been drinking pepsi zero because thats all the store near me had at the time, and I'm only drinking one, maybe two, a day but it's basically all that helps with nausea in the mornings. I haven't researched it much but trying to limit drinks other than water in general until I see my OB next week.
  • @nightdreamr13 @klpv415 I've been doing topo chico and la croix. The bubbles help tremendously. You can squeeze some lemon or lime in if you need (not sure if that's keto or not) 
  • @nomangos23 @klpv415 the nausea is constant for me..morning day and night. I'm starving but every food I can think of makes me sick to my stomach. 
  • I know I’ve seen this on here, but for the life of me, can’t find it again... Can someone please help me find the abbreviation glossary? I need to study up... 😬
  • For STM/STM+ when and how do you plan to tell the siblings that you are expecting? 
  • @floridababy3 I’m curious to hear from others on this as well. I found some books for siblings (DS is 3), but we plan to keep it a secret from him until we are ready for people to know, because he tells everyone everything! I’m thinking somewhere in the 11-13 week range?
  • @floridababy3-we told our 9 year old a week ago because we wanted to share with family as well. 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • For nausea, try club soda and a few dashes of bitters
  • @floridababy3 we plan to tell DS on Sunday. I’ll be 7w2d. I know he’ll blab to other people but I want to tell him. He’s 5. 
    I work all day tomorrow so I plan to take a video of baby to show him.  
  • @nachomama27 it’s linked at the top of the board organization thread. 
  • @nightdreamr13 i think drinking diet ginger ale or sprite is fine as long as you don’t overdo it. I’ve been drinking flavored bubbly water, spindrift, with real fruit added. It’s so good! Have you still been eating on the Leto diet? I was doing that a lot before as my husband is on it and I cool dinners for the family but i have needed more carbs lately as I feel Nauseous, or rather, nothing sounds good to eat. 

@floridababy3 We will wait to tell our kids (3 and 1) until the sensitive time with miscarriages has passed, around 12-13 w. I don’t want to tell him and get him excited and then have to tell him that the baby died. I know it’s a morbid thought but I’ve had 5 pregnancies - 2 Mc and 2 babies. So for me it’s the right call. 

• @floridababy3 We told DS (5.5) and DD (3.5) last week when I was 7 weeks bc we wanted to tell family. They have been asking for a sibling for awhile so we just sat down and talked about babies a little bit and then told them. 
  • We told DS1 about DS2 when we were past the NT ultrasound (he was ~3.5 at the time), but we started the conversation about "where do babies come from" before we even got pregnant.

This time, we'll tell DS1 (almost 7) after our heartbeat screen. DS2 is only 2.5 so I don't think we'll be telling him much explicitly yet, but we'll start the "where do babies come from" conversations shortly.
    ---
  • nightdreamr13nightdreamr13 member
    edited February 2019
    @TeacherMama7 I'm trying my best to stay on keto but nothing on keto sounds good to me either. I've also been extremely hungry so being limited on what I can eat hasn't been easy. I'm going to start eating a little bit of fruit. I know it's not keto but I feel like it's necessary. 
  • anyone recommend a good wireless bra? i've sized out of all my bras. looking for something with some structure and support but super comfortable. I think I'm a d or dd at this point. Thanks!
  • Do you know if you can see movement at an 8 week ultrasound? 
  • @nomangos23 I believe my midwife told me to expect some wiggles at the next ultrasound which will be 8 weeks. 
  • @nomangos23 Yes, i am pretty sure there is movement and wiggles at 8 weeks, on a tiny little bean!
  • I'm so mad at myself. I'm 6w6d and been taking prenatals religiously. But just read the back of my bottle and it states 1 serving suggestion is 6 gummies per day!! I've only been taking 1. Damn it. I have been taking extra vitamin B, Folic Acid, Probiotics and Vitamin D as well though as per instructions from my naturopath. So my question is, should I take an extra 5 today or gradually move up to 6 over the next 2 or 3 days? 
  • @nomangos23 I would love to say that I saw DS wiggle in there during the t/v u/s when I was ~8wks with him, but I was too busy simultaneously crying and laughing. I have heard from others that they have seen their little gummy bears wiggle like there’s no tomorrow though!!
  • @nomangos23 -- You'll see a tiny bit of wiggling, but they aren't very big yet, so you won't see any big dramatic movements!

@40momma -- Is it the Smarty Pants ones? I'd definitely work your way up with those, personally. No need to be super slow about it, but maybe take 3 tomorrow, then 4-5, then all six. :)
    ---
  • @soralette yes the smarty pants one. I was so happy that it was just one easy gummy a day compared to swalloeing a big pill. Ugh. Thanks for the advice, I'll do it over 2-3 days 
  • @40momma They're the ones I take, too. For some folks, the methylfolate can give them weird side effects if they don't ramp up, so that's why I recommended it. :smile: But they're good gummies; I found that even with MS last time, they didn't make me throw up, haha. (This time, I don't seem to have much MS, thankfully!)
    ---
  • I have only gained two pounds, but my jeans are already uncomfortable and a bit tight. I can’t wait to break our maternity pants but i won’t quite yet. Is anyone else waiting not so patiently for their maternity pants!?
  • @TeacherMama7 the maternity pants have been broken out! I haven’t gained any weight, but I cannot stand anything tight around my stomach! I fold down the panel of the pants right now and that’s doing the trick. Not perfect, but better than tightness!
  • @TeacherMama7 I have used the belly bands and rubber band tricks so far.  And I have a lot of skirts and dresses that are still comfortable.  But I will not shy away from maternity pants because I hate the feel when pants are too small
  • @TeacherMama7 I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  I keep saying to myself 'you haven't even been to your first appointment yet,  you can't possibly have a bump!' But I thought I was going to explode in my jeans yesterday! Maybe I'm just bloating but the maternity clothes have definitely crossed my mind. 
  • verde1984verde1984 member
    edited February 2019
    @dahliasanddogs  Personally I'm wearing my nursing bras which are really comfortable (I'm still nursing my toddler).   If this is your first, you should wait before getting sized for a nursing bra since your breasts will likely get larger.   Pre-babies, I liked some of the wireless ones at Victoria Secret.  
    Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married: June 2014
    DS Born 6/22/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • verde1984verde1984 member
    edited February 2019
    @TeacherMama7 I'm 7 weeks but I feel huge.  I put away all my jeans except my one plus size pair and am mostly wearing yoga pants and leggings.   I'm holding off on breaking out my maternity clothes for as long as possible.

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married: June 2014
    DS Born 6/22/17

Pregnancy Ticker