Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 1/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 1/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2.....I think I have been writing 1/1 but it is definitely 2/2. I'm not sure how I could forget that. 

CD: CD16

WAYDTGKU: Tempdrop, OPKs, checking CM

R/R: I'm just glad DH is off nights in enough time for us to have good timing. What a waste this cycle would have been if he hadn't. I got a positive OPK yesterday so I'm hoping I get my shift tomorrow. 

CS/Q:

@holly321 I'm sorry the weather sucks so much. Hopefully temps rise soon and things can get back to normal. 

@emeraldduchess that's awesome your getting stable temps. I love it when I have a smooth pretty chart. 

@kimmer1412 yay for positive OPKs. I always feel like I'm in a race during my FP and until I get good timing and my shift I can't relax. 

• Options
    @holly321 What kind of weather? 
    @emeraldduchess good luck with SMEP. And I totally forgot it was Superbowl this Sunday  :disappointed:
    @kimmer1412 I hope this is O day for you!
    @emeraldcity603 glad your H could be there for your FW! 
    @prpl11butterfly the TWW is going to be busy! All of us are moving there soon. Good luck with the bitter cold. It's here already.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    ***TW**** Mention of a pregnancy announcement*****

@holly321  the weather is gross here too!  I'm in Virginia- and I am originally from Minnesota.....The weather in either place is not great!! I am glad I'm in VA though and not MN!!  Funny thing about what we can and can't control in our lives.....In my church ladies group- we've been reading a book on boundaries- and the serenity prayer was brought up.  And last night- hubby was telling me to skip my work out this AM- to which I replied that working out was the one thing i could control in my life at the moment.....I skipped it- and regret it   :D   I really gained nothing from skipping it.

@emeraldduchess Leftovers and meal prep are my jam!! Not having to pack lunches daily and or make dinner are where it is at!  My thermometer is being wonky too.....So frustrating.

@emeraldcity603  Here's fingers crossed for good timing for you guys!! Glad that your DH's schedule worked out for you!

@prpl11butterfly Where are you located with that much snow???  One of the reasons I moved away from Minnesota!! Too much for me!!

@rikiteacup I'm confused about what going on over here too.....TTGP is one of the biggest mind games I've ever played!! Damned if you do, damned if you don't    >:)

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD:  17

WAYDTGKU:  temping, prenatals, CB advanced OPKs, CM

R/R:   Ok- I'm all over the place.....I am part of a small group of ladies at my church, we meet every Tuesday night....well last night one of them that already has 2 children, and doesn't really seem to care for being a mom necessarily- announced she is expecting again.....This hurts my heart.  I'm jealous.  I'm envious.  I'm not sure I can continue to be a part of the group- which I hate.....I don't want to feel this way.  I am happy for her/them, but I'm not.  Especially since our TTGP window is smaller than what it would potentially be for other people.....Which brings me to the other part of this....I don't know what is going on over here.....We did end up having sex last night- so that is good.  However, this AM, my wondfo type OPK had a very faint 2nd line- yesterday it was pretty obvious the 2nd line was there.  My temp appears to have spiked- but I've been having thermometer issues with all the thermometers I have  :'(   I have not been switching thermometers daily or anything- but the brand new one I ordered from Amazon was being wonky- so I swapped after like 2 days- and then I got a same temp from the one I switched too, 2 days in a row.....and now the temp is significantly higher today.  And then- I checked CM just now- which has been around the time that I've been checking every day- and it appears be to EW.....

CS/Q:  I'd love some thoughts on whether or not we think O day could be today and if I need to somehow convince my husband to have sex again today or not   :D 
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA regarding your "my wondfo type OPK had a very faint 2nd line- yesterday it was pretty obvious the 2nd line was there"
    There will always be 2 lines with Wondfo type tests if it worked. It is only positive if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. In my case, my line is darker than the test line so there is no wondering if it's positive or not. 
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• Options
    rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited January 2019
    @lcking82 glad you finally have confirmation of your Dx. Your OB sounds really nice. You have a plan!
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• Options
    @MNturnsVA:  agree with @rikiteacup - when a wondfo is really positive, the test line is definitely as dark or darker than the control line.  
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, tracking CM

R/R: Ugh, swamped at work so didn't get in here yesterday and I'm just coming in quick now. Also, I made a stupid mistake the other day that I'm kind of embarrassed about. No one really acknowledged it as a mistake, but.. I know it is. And somehow I can't stop thinking about it and feeling dumb about it. 

CS/Q: no. Might take an OPK this afternoon for funsies. I'm sure it will still be negative, but MH is off today and tomorrow so figured I'll see. 

@holly321 I'm sorry the cold is messing with you! Its so brutal and I'm not even in a place where it's the worst right now.

@emeraldduchess leftovers are the actual best. Enjoy!

@kimmer1412 Hooray for no cooking! Enjoy dinner tonight with your MIL. 

@emeraldcity603 I'm glad that your O seems to have aligned with YH's schedule this time! 

@prpl11butterfly FX for a positive OPK!

@rikiteacup congratulations on getting the new job!

@MNturnsVA I'm sorry you were hurt by that announcement. I hope someone has some insight into your chart, I am not that good at reading charts.

@lcking82 I hope you Oed! I'm glad your OB seems very proactive and seems to have a good plan in place for the next few months. 
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA based on your chart I'd say you O'd yesterday, possible that you missed your peak LH surge? Did you do an OPK on CD14 or CD15? I betting the faint line was the end of your surge. Your temps should confirm over the next couple days 

@lcking82 sorry for the diagnosis but sounds like you and your OB have a good plan in place. Best of luck. 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412  but the clear blue test was a peak fertility one yesterday.....could i have O'd yesterday??

• Options
    @creamcheeseplease:  I totally feel you on the mistakes - I make one, and I'm googling "how to recover from mistake at work" and "will I get fired for mistake,"  in more rational moments I realize that EVERYONE makes them.  Tough stuff.  

• Options
    @lcking82 haha yes I am completely worried about being let go now... @marebear15 this will probably be something I think about for years. I definitely dwell. Also I am so glad you had a positive experience with this OB!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @rikiteacup are the negotiations going well? 

@MNturnsVA "that much snow" lol!!! I'm in MA. This is nothing for us. I would also say O was yesterday. I understand the confusion with the OPK but would bet your peak was caught at the end. How many times a day and when are you using them?

@lcking82 I'm glad that your doc is working with you. FX that suge is the real deal!

@creamcheeseplease I announce my mistakes. I'm sure your fine though. Fix it move on, and don't do it again 🤣

@marebear15 don't do folic acid. Make sure its methyfolate (the mutation prevents it from being converted properly). My RE recommended 800mg vs standard 4 since I have RPL. And if the methylfolate makes you feel anxious/jitterly, take extra B6&12. I suspect I have the mutation so I'm being proactive. I get the Upspring brand from Target. They do auto delivery so I never have to worry about running out or or for them.

Eta- my wondfo was close to + but my CB was not smiling. Debating on doing another tonight or waiting until tomorrow.... we are prolly gonna HIO tonight anyway but for purposes of progesterone I'm debating.....
  • Options
    @marebear15 I'm so glad you had a good appt, and your OB sounds awesome. I'm glad you have a plan moving forward too. What is the baby aspirin for? I've seen a couple people doing that on here.... 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly   I'm only using the OPKS in the AM- I can't hold my pee for 4 hours- I drink WAY too much water.  makes sense about catching the tail end of the surge yesterday possibly.
  • Options
    @marebear15 just following up with something. It can actually be worse for you to just up the dose of folic acid if you do have MTHFR. That's why I recommended the methyfolate.

@jennifer_louise it can help with implantation for those who have a clotting disorder or MTHFR genetic mutation. It can't hurt to take it anyway even if you don't have issues.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly - Thank you for mentioning that! I looked back at what he had written down and he wrote "folate" which I translated to folic acid. I was planning on starting B6 and a B complex to help my LP, so I'm glad that it might help absorption with that too.

@jennifer_louise - Yeah, what she said. ;)  I'm going to be taking a buttload of pills this cycle.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @marebear15 join the club.... that's not including my second dose of CoQ10 (2 oval white pills) in the afternoon. 

But yea, when I switched to methyfolate I was super on edge. I thought it was just from the emotions with the loss but then read about the B helping. I got it the next day and started feeling better the day after. I couldn't beleive it. And honestly, since switching my migranes have been few and far between (1 maybe 2 a cycle). Adding to my suspensions of course.

ETA spoiler
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA just saw your response. I would definitely say tail end then. Also, I drink a ton through the day as well (64oz average). I try to hold at least an hour before I test and using wondfos, I've never had an issue picking up my surge mid day. I test on lunch break because I go home and if it looks like its nearing +, I'll test again in the evening.
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA you shouldn't do OPK testing with first morning urine. You should test around 5PM or 11AM. No need to hold your pee either. I've one some tests with 1 hour hold and they were the exact same result as 3 hour hold.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• Options
    @rikiteacup   why does the stupid box of the clearblue say use first AM urine then??? I do recall from my time on these boards in 2015 this was a hot topic of conversation- when should the OPKS been taken/used.....I pretty much pee every other hour or so- sometimes more than that though
  • Options
    *lurking* @MNturnsVA which clearblues are you using? I use the "advanced ovulation" ones where it does low, high, and peak fertility and it does say to use those with FMU. It also says you can test more times during the day once you see high fertility. Other OPKs I've used just say to test during the day. 
  • Options
    **Lurking from TWW** 

@MNturnsVA I have also been using FMU because of what the box says. After a couple days of flashing smileys I started checking twice a day.. after a couple more got the static in the evening.
  • Options
    I'm currently using Wondfo and CB digital. The digital ones do say FMU but I haven't been following that. All my google searches and what-not say mid day is best.
  • Options
    @marebear15 I am so glad you had a great follow up with the OB. That's so important that he listened to you and you have a plan for your next BFP. Mine were no help whatsoever (and one of the nurses was downright nasty) with my CP so the minute I get another BFP I am switching to a different provider. 
    @lcking82 that's a tough diagnosis but it sounds like you have a great doctor and a solid plan moving forward! 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess - I'm so sorry that you had a bad time with your OB's office during that tough time. I was so afraid they were just going to brush me off, and say it was nothing, or not even believe me. But the nurses were gentle and nice, one of them even telling me her MC story. And the doctor was just so helpful. Is it possible for you to change providers now? And get like a women's wellness check up or something?
  • Options
    @b_1029  so you have been using the advanced ones multiples times a day?  I also have the advanced ones.

@mhamik  so you have been using the advanced ones multiple times a day? or once you get the flashing smiley you use a wondfo multiple times a day?
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA:  When I was using the advanced ones, I did them with FMU (as per insert directions).  Then I would use some Wondfos in the evening, too.  I have had positives with evening Wondfo and then a solid smiley the next morning doing it this way.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly yes, it looks like I won't be getting my 3rd week of vacation right away though. But it is a 57% raise so I might be able to get some time off unpaid.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• Options
    Late to board today because work has been crazy

@MNturnsVA I drink way too much water too but have found that leaving the stick in for 5 seconds instead of 3 like it says on the box helps me get a better line 

@marebear15 I’m so glad your OB is so caring, it really makes all the difference in the world

@creamcheeseplease sorry about work, I’m sure everything is fine but I totally relate in worrying over it unnecessarily. Hugs  

@lcking82 yay for all the signs of ovulation! FX that you did :smile:

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BBT, FF, CM, raspberry leaf tea, essential oils

R/R: over winter bring on the spring! Just got some new essential oils from amazon delivered last night, woot! I got ones that are supposed to help thin mucus and thereby help with the production of EWCM, might be a load of crap but hey worth a shot.

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA I swear the directions said to check multiple times a day if desired after you get the flashing smiley (high) but then once you get the peak (static smiley) it doesn't go away for 48 hours and you'll get an error if you try to test in those 48 hours. So on day 2 of the flashing smiley I started doing morning and evening. My box had 20 so I figured why not!
  • Options
    I don't know how many of you are new to OPKs but here's an example of why you should test multiple times. As I mentioned, my wondfo was almost + earlier. I decided to test again tonight and sure enough, both tests +. A matter of hours (1230 vs 530). If I had a short surge, tomorrows test could be negative and I would have totally missed it.
  • Options
    @mhamik  I definitely didn't read the instructions that thoroughly- but I do recall the part about not testing again once you get the peak.  However, what you are saying makes complete sense- I was trying to be conservative with the clearblue tests  >:)    because they are so pricey!! 

@prpl11butterfly  it's just been  a hot minute since I've been actively TTGP- but I do recall from my time here on the boards in 2015- lots of people testing multiple times a day for the exact reason you mentioned- the possibility of missing the surge or being late to the game.

Thanks ladies for all of your input!