Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 1/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Tuesday 1/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurk* @marebear15 I LOVE that movie! It's so cheesy and cute. Glad you enjoyed your relaxing night!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT, FF, SMEP, OPKs

R/R: I'm halfway through "girl wash your face" and its not a bad book I just dont get all the hype about it. I'm reading a super boring economics book for a school book review and every time I read I start falling asleep.  

CS/Q: I so confused on my OPKs the past couple months I was turning OPKs at CD13, I'm on CD14 and still negative. WTF?! I'm getting discouraged.

• Options
    @marebear15 it’s just the half bath, so thankfully we have 2 full baths upstairs. Its been out of commission since November and it’s just an inconvenience at this point to not be able to use it. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 hope they get your bathroom done quickly 

@jennifer_louise enjoy the break

@marebear15 sorry to see you back but a movie in the tub sounds relaxing.
  • Options
    kopp5988kopp5988 member
    edited January 2019
    Hey all, this is my first time in the WTO thread. I joined at the start of my last cycle and lurked this thread but didn’t start posting til I was in TWW.

@kbrown2385 totally feel you on living through renovations, our finished basement is like that right now, not vital to life but still an annoying inconvenience 

@marebear15 that sounds like a lovely night

@kimmer1412 FX you get that peak OPK soon! Mine was 5 days off it’s normal last cycle so I feel your frustration 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPK, FF

R/R: slept awful last night cause I had AF cramps that kept waking me up; rave- I had a very enjoyable dinner of and entire bag of white cheddar popcorn and red wine to woah in my sorrows of AFs arrival yesterday afternoon 

CS/Q: not yet 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 that happened to me this month. I o’d cd13 the past few months and this month was a few days late. So frustrating! 

@kopp5988 sorry you have to join this thread, but welcome! 

• Options
    @kbrown2385 and @kopp5988 hoping its just a fluke late O month. I was also thinking that maybe the 3 days of positives the last few months was just my body regulating so maybe I will only get a spike 24-36hrs before O now. who knows, bodies are weird.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, Ubiquinol, RLT, BBT, OPK

R/R: It is extremely cold today, something like -40 but I couldn't really tell. It felt normal to me. Now I just need to find something to do during my lunch break since I won't be taking a walk. I could watch some Netflix but if I stay at my desk, people will make me work. Argh, so many struggles :D

CS/Q: Ovulation isn't for today apparently. In retrospect, since July 2018, I only O'ed twice on CD15. Thanks FF for reminding me what is the norm for me.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @mhamik it’s an unwanted reno lol. We rent and the last renters let the toilet leak for who knows how long. I realized the floor around the toilet was rotted and it’s taken a few months to get the property manager to get their ish together. I hope yours goes smoothly though! I can’t wait to buy a house and be able to do what we want.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 good luck in the TWW!
    @jennifer_louise enjoy your TTC break
    @marebear15 off to see what the Kissing Booth is about. I need some Netflix recs for the next couple days.
    @kimmer1412 don't get discouraged. It happens. You only know your true pattern after a year of charting. Like I said earlier, I could have sworn CD15 was my normal O day but it isn't. It is the exception. CD17 and CD18 are the norm for me.
    @kopp5988 sorry to see you back here. Sorry about AF cramps.
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• Options
    @kbrown2385 I hope that contractor works quickly and cleanly! We had a kitchen renovation last year, and I discovered that no one washed his hands. No one. (Our walls are a little thin, so I can hear when a faucet is on.) after they left for the day, I would wipe down all the doorknobs due to all the “penis hands.” Anyway, hope to be moving to tww with you soon!

@jennifer_louise I hear you on taking a mini break. I hope it brings you some relaxation.

@marebear15 never have I ever watched a movie in the bathtub. 🙂 I hope you enjoyed the soak.

@kimmer1412 I’ve been on the hunt for a good book. I will read really fast when it’s my style, but I read painstakingly slowly when it’s not. It’s hard striking that balance between not too dull and not too intense or not too poorly written, but not too poetic. Sorry about the economics reading. Sorry about your inconsistency. I don’t think I’m very consistent anymore either.

@kopp5988 sorry about af. Sounds like you spent cd1 properly. 🙂

@mhamik I think we’re supposed to wait and see bbt to confirm o. I think we could o that day or in the next two.

@emeraldduchess  I hope work has been the good kind of busy! I could probably use a step back from the internet too, but I have poor impulse control atm.

@rikiteacup I cannot process weather that cold! could you watch Netflix in your car with the heat on to avoid working during your breaks? Maybe head to a local store or coffee shop? Sending warm thoughts your way!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 oh that is terrible! Hope this part is done quickly!
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 - I loved certain quotes from "Girl Wash Your Face," but overall was not impressed either. My sister loved it though, so maybe it's a personality thing.

@mhamik - In one of my childhood homes, we had a huge laundry room/bathroom downstairs. When we bought the house, it only had one bathroom so we converted the laundry to add a bathroom. Do you live in a farmhouse?
    I was watching the movie on my Kindle, but most of the time I just play on my phone while I soak.

@rikiteacup - FF swears I O on CD18, but in reality it's only been on that day twice in the last 9 cycles. That just happens to be my average O.
  • Options
    For some reason, once I start typing here, I can’t copy and paste anymore. This app is not the best.

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: SMEP, bbt, pnv, decaf only, probably going to eat pineapple because I’ll do anything if it might help

R/R: I’m feeling myself dip into worryland. This is my first time temping and using ff, so I’m starting to worry that my lphase is too short. I’m mad at myself that I didn’t start temping months ago so that I’d have clearer data (I only recorded smiley faces and af), but I’m trying to just be thankful that I started collecting more data now. 

CS/Q: I decided to unignore a couple ugly temps. 

• Options
    @kbrown2385  I mean this in the nicest possible way my dear- I hope we don't see you here tomorrow!

@jennifer_louise  sometimes breaks in any aspect of our life come at the most unexpected, and inconvenient times, but they are blessings in disguise!! Embrace the break!

@marebear15   I'm impressed you stayed in the tub long enough to watch a whole movie, didn't the water get cold??? I took a bath last night that I'd been long looking forward too- except I misjudged the water temp completely and it was not anywhere near as enjoyable as I was hoping for  :D

@kimmer1412  I haven't started the book yet- but I got it from a buy nothing group that I'm part of.....I unfortunately have a laundry list of things that I'm always trying to do.....but I'm curious too- and also wondered if it was going to be all that life changing of a book or not.

@kopp5988  Welcome to the group!  You will learn all the things on these boards!

Month/Cycle:  3/3

CD:  16

WAYDTGKU:   temping, OPKS (wondfo type and advanced clear blue) prenatals, checking CM

R/R:  Ok, I'm done with the sex......and it's only happened 2 days in a row  :s   However, we really probably should do it tonight, because I got the peak symbol on the advanced OPK this AM and the wondfo type OPK also was 2 solid lines, like no misreading it- it was a definite 2nd line.   And I'm on day 16- so for ALL of those reasons- we should definitely have sex tonight.....I'm tired though.  I try to go to bed around 9-9:30- 10 is the very latest- I get up everyday to work out @ 4:45- except Sundays......well I had mentioned to hubby last night that we should get our groove on- and he is moaning and groaning about yes- but his back/leg/hip hurt- he did a bunch of physical activity yesterday so he was going to use a heating pad.....well he kept forgetting to use the heating pad- and didn't come upstairs until 10 PM- with said forgotten heating pad.....at least it was a quickie last night- but I got less than 6 hours of sleep.  Not a happy camper about any of that.  Our time though to TTGP is a somewhat limited one - so I don't think we have much of a choice but to do it tonight.....I don't think I could do it again tomorrow though.  And of course- when we did it the night before last- Sunday I guess- we used KY jelly- and just as he is about to do that- I was like oh no- and I was going to say something- but couldn't remember if KY was an ok to use or a no no to use   >:)   Feeling the pressure here to do the deed again tonight for sure........Oh- and I can't say I'm 100% certain that we are in the eggwhite CM stage.....this game is SOOOOO much fun!!

CS/Q:  Questions would be ones that I have asked Dr. Google- and am pretty sure I know the answers are going to the same from the group- how long can sperm really live inside the woman after the deed has been done??  (dr. google says 5 days in optimal conditions) And what is the time frame from when you get the positive OPK to ovulation?  (Dr. Google says 12-48 hours) 
  • Options
    @marebear15 - I'm glad other people have it too! Ha, it's not really a true farm house just from the 70s. Our neighborhood is old and has some houses with barns and there are horse trails through it even though we are in a heavily populated area and in a suburb of a big city. It's like the town just grew around us!

@MNturnsVA - Those both sound accurate to me from Dr.Google. 
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA I agree with @mhamik this is accurate.
    Also, KY lube is NOT sperm friendly. Very few are available in stores. PreSeed is the one you find everywhere. I don't like it because it has Parabens. We use Baby Dance but we have to buy it online.
    if you want to know more https://www.verywellfamily.com/why-ky-jelly-is-bad-for-sperm-and-what-to-use-instead-1960264
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• Options
    @kbrown2385 Hoping the renovations go smoothly! 

@jennifer_louise Sorry your timing will be weird with traveling! 

@marebear15 Glad you were able to enjoy some relaxation! ❤️

@kimmer1412 Hope you can get some clarity on your cycle soon and get that O!

@kopp5988 Welcome! Sorry AF is rough! But that popcorn and wine sound so good! 

@mhamik Yay on the peak! I usually keep testing until I get a negative OPK and confirm with temps! 

@Emeraldduchess Taking a break from the web is a good thing!

@rikiteacup BRRR! Hopr you get that O soon! 

@begging4abump That’s Good you’re collecting more data! Temping has been the best for me, I have a love/hate relationship with OPKs.

@MNturnsVA Google is correct but you want to time as close to O as possible!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: So a lot but TB mobile is making me upset so not going to list it all today! Please forgive me! 

R/R: My back is finally on the mend and I THOUGHT today was my last appointment but no... it’s not. He wants me to come back later this week and start rehab??? AND I’m not allowed to lift 🥺. I’m still losing weight but it’s just I wish I could lift heavy things and put them down!

CS/Q: Spoiler isn’t working on mobile for me but this chart isn’t pretty lol. Might splurge tomorrow and get advanced OPKs. I drink too much water for the cheapies.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2019
    @rikiteacup My god that is cold!!! I hope you’re cozy inside.

@bookert615 I feel you on the rocky temps and needing to possibly get some digital OPKs. I have too many positives to figure out which is peak. 

@begging4abump if it makes you feel any better, I charted for a year before TTC and all it told me was that I am irregular and that I get a lot of positive OPKs before actually ovulating, usually later than average. It did teach me a bit about my typical coverline, though. 

@kbrown2385 That’s gross! If the toilet leak caused it to rot that much, it had to have smelled moldy! I don’t know how / why they wouldn’t have noticed. That’s one fear I have if we ever decide to rent my house out. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, Vitamin D, Vitamin B complex, Maca, Vitex, selenium, magnesium, prenatal, Preseed, baby aspirin

R/R: I got materials from a recent project delivered and I am loving this new book already after just skimming it. It’s called Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential and it’s actually good for helping all people learn about the different executive functioning skills like organization and time management. 

CS/Q: I have no idea what my body is doing, much like last cycle, and my temps are unreliable due to interrupted sleep. I think I may have ovulated based on ovulation “pain” and the fact that my CM is gone. I think my hormones are still out of whack. *shrug*

ETA: I don’t even know what day it is. Bumped the wrong thread. So tired!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility