April 2019 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday w/o 1/28

What's your plan for eating this week? 

Re: Meal Plan Monday w/o 1/28

• Options
    Yesterday I made this pot roast that prompted DH to say "You are so sexy right now." So, while that is in the past, I was just super proud of it.

Monday: Honey lime black bean, corn, and sweet potato tacos
    Tuesday:Stuffed peppers with mashed potatoes
    Wednesday: Creamy Cajun chicken Pasta (new recipe, so I hope it's good) 
    Thursday: Breakfast for dinner - sausage, eggs with veg, biscuits
    Friday: Who knows. Leftovers or take out probably.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sunday: roast chicken, salad, and mashed potatoes. 
    Monday: steak and chimichurri, with salad and leftover mashed potatoes. 
    Tuesday: chicken and avocado tacos (using leftover chicken) 
    Wednesday: black bean, bacon, avocado tacos 
    Thursday: _____
    Friday: homemade pizza 

Early in the week we have fancy meals. Late in the week we have tacos. Every week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yesterday I made taco soup. Pretty excited to eat it for leftovers. But I'm still going to go to the gas station to get a snack (I already ate the trail mix I made for my snack, dammit).

Monday - carrot noodle stir fry 
    Tuesday - taco bake
    Wednesday - BBQ chicken nachos
    Thursday -  Omelets and other breakfast stuff
    Friday - whatever I find or going out!
  • Options
    Monday: lunch of leftover chicken and lasagna, dinner of chicken pot pie?
    Tuesday: lunch of leftover soup, dinner of mushroom tart or quiche
    Wednesday: lunch of veggies and hummus, dinner of roast chicken and broccoli

meals may be switched around depending on exhaustion level and what veggies are going bad :)
  • Options
    @mrstmoose twinning on Th/F meals
  • Options
    Ha, I didn't even notice. I usually get less motivated by Thursday and Friday that IDGAF what we are eating.
  • Options
    We keep a little dry erase on the fridge with the general ideas for the week on it, and DH yesterday goes "Why is Friday always blank?" I told him he is FREE to fill it in with an idea of his own that he'll execute. If he has nothing, then leftovers or takeout it is. 
  • Options
    @MRDCle sweet mother. I use a dry erase board too. Weird. 
  • Options
    Sunday was whole wheat penne Alfredo with chicken. 
    Monday-leftovers or sausage with rosemary potatoes and green beans (DH gets to choose since I still have leftover Alfredo)
    tuesday-steak, pasta and green beans
    Wednesday-hot dogs with broccoli
    Thursday-chicken fajitas
    friday-pizza and salad

i think that’s what I have written down, or it’s close to it. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    Tonight: Cajun pasta with chicken and sausage 
    Wednesday: garlic chicken and brown rice 
    Friday: taco pasta 

T/TH/Sat are leftovers. I also throw in some veggie that goes with the dish. Whatever is in my freezer usually. And I keep salad on hand. 
    Friday is my glucose test so I’ll just be having eggs for breakfast.
  • Options
    Wow you guys are super impressive with your meal planning. I have no motivation because a) nothing sounds good and b) I don’t want to clean up the kitchen afterwards lol. Good thing my mom is here to make sure no one will starve haha
    Sunday: Taco Bar for DS Birthday party
    Monday: Fried chicken, mash potatoes 
    Tuesday: leftovers 
    Wednesday: usually dinner at church before youth group 
    Thursday: Breakfast burritos 
    Friday: usually pizza night 

fyi I always cook with my mom so she’s not doing all the work 
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma I have figured out that if I don’t somewhat meal plan we end up with a grocery bill that’s much higher and yet somehow less food/actual meals. (And also needing to make many additional trips)

Also keeping up with the dishes has been the bane of my existence this pregnancy. Standing at the sink and reaching into my too tall cabinets is awful. But cooking is not one of DHs talents. Neither is cleaning up after said cooking. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @blueberrymomma I'm right there with you! I probably should start meal planning, but I get too overwhelmed. And nothing sounds good to me right now, either. Tonight we're having tortellini and salad. And that's all I got.
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma I didn't really do it till this pregnancy. I find that this helps me get things done quick and with minimal work. My Monday and Wednesday meals this week are one pot things, the stuffed peppers I bought from the store so I just have to make mashed potatoes, and breakfast for dinner is just like...the easiest.

@thatbaintforbetty my MIL has promised to bring me a stack of paper plates soon. I hate using them usually but yeah...my body hurts.
  • Options
    Monday - crockpot beef stew
    Tuesday - fast food (Class @630)
    Wenesday - chicken Parmesan soup 
    Thursday - chicken and dumplings 
    Friday - leftovers 

• Options
    @MRDCle I used to be so good about meal planning and prepping  on Sunday’s before this pregnancies. But I found I waste more food because I don’t want what I prepped by Wednesday lol
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma I hear that. Half the time now I'm forcing myself to eat anyways so I figure might as well make it as fast and easy as possible, ha.
  • Options
    @MRDCle @blueberrymomma

I definitely don’t always feel like what I have planned. But with the GD I can’t just whip up something nearly as easily or decide garlic bread is totally a suitable dinner. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    M- ravioli ‘lasagna’, spinach
    T- chicken and stuffing casserole, spinach
    W- leftovers, but with peas!
    R- fried eggs with spinach, chicken sausage with rolls?
    F- uhh takeout?

(can you tell I overbought spinach lol?)
    The tough thing with pregnancy discomfort kicking in is that I have to walk to the grocery store by myself on weeknights for groceries if we don’t go on the weekend. They’ve gotten So. Heavy. So I have to do very light trips and try to get DH to go with me on the weekend, either on foot or with the car. It’s so tough to drag him there because he’s used to me just doing it over the course of the week. Our meals have definitely been suffering.

Currently out of milk, bread, AND cereal. 
  • Options
    I highly recommend get Shipt if you guys have it in your area. It’s like $50 for the year. You make your grocery list on the app, pick a delivery time, and they deliver them to your door(or car if you’re at work). It is so nice to have in that newborn haze. Or when your too pregnant  and exhausted to drag two toddlers to the grocery store lol Also I save money because I don’t overbuy or impulse buy like I do when I’m at the store 
  • Options
    lyse01lyse01 member
    edited January 2019
    @thatbaintforbetty cooking and cleaning up after cooking are also not among my DH’s talents. I think I’m about to risk waking him by doing the dishes I (/he/we) abandoned last night. They’re worse than usual because the chicken pot pie was too hot for DD so she got her own food and not enough for DH so he started pulling out other food from the fridge.

@lin0442 I need to start throwing spinach into everything to get iron levels up. I’m not so low that they want me taking supplements but they do want the levels higher, and lots of steak isn’t in the cards. Spinach everything!
  • Options
    @lyse01 Those big tubs of prewashed baby spinach- the ones meant for salad- are lifesavers. They cook up so fast, and since it’s already washed I don’t have to clean/sort/remove stems, I just literally throw a couple handfuls into whatever at the end and I can pretend it’s a healthy meal.

As an aside, the older I’ve gotten the less tolerant I’ve become of having dirty pots and pans hang out overnight “to soak” in the sink. I regret my pickiness because I’ve come to cherish sitting on the couch after dinner way more, too.
  • Options
    lin0442 said:

As an aside, the older I’ve gotten the less tolerant I’ve become of having dirty pots and pans hang out overnight “to soak” in the sink. I regret my pickiness because I’ve come to cherish sitting on the couch after dinner way more, too.
    This is the same for me. Half the time that DH volunteers to cook I want to turn him down because he doesn't clean as he goes and he DGAF about dirty dishes sitting over night so it's LESS clean-up time for me if I just do it all. 
  • Options
    @lin0442 and @MRDCle I'm with you guys! Our deal is that whoever cooks doesn't have to clean, but SOMEHOW I end up cleaning 90% of the time regardless. Super annoying. Or my stepdaughter does b/c it's one of her "chores" but she ends up just sloshing water all over the counter and not wiping it up or putting dishes in the dishwasher that I want to wash by hand (or putting them in without rinsing them off). So I end up cleaning up at least something, even if someone else did the dishes.
  • Options
    @rennie1108 @MRDCle @lin0442 yeah. They get abandoned not because I am letting them soak but because I am exhausted and need to sit down, and also responsible for getting DD to sleep. I asked DH specifically to wake me if I fell asleep too so I could take care of them last night, but he forgot. I cannot wait til I can assign the kids the dishwashing chores.