April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 Check-in w/o 1/28

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: STMs: what do you love about being a mom? FTMs: what do you look forward to about motherhood? 

Re: Week 2 Check-in w/o 1/28

• Options
    My due date is a little confusing but I'll say its 4/12
    Appt.: My next reg. appt is the 6th. I have weekly ultrasounds starting next month and its stressing me out. Has anyone else had to do this many ultrasounds!?
    Baby prep: I haven't done any baby prep I dont really have anything to do. Ive been trying small cleaning projects mostly.
    Rant: my SO likes to compare his issues with mine and it just pisses me of. I'm pregnant amd miserable everyday whatever you got going on cant compare! He also says labor will be fine and he'll be there with me and I know he's just trying to soothe me but I get angry. You're not the one who has to push a bowling ball out of your hoohah so hush!
    Feeling: terrible. Im constipated exhausted dizzy and light headed. My head hurts my stomach hurts my back hurts my vagina hurts. Heartburn sucks. I don't remember the last time I woke up and felt good! Today my chest aches into my back and idk why
    Looking forward too: mostly just being done with pregnancy and never doing this again. I just can't wait to hold her. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Due date: April 11th

Next appointment is Monday. 

Rants/Raves? 

Found out yesterday I passed the 3 hour glucose test! Yay! But, blood tests discovered last week I’m pretty severely anemic so now I drink this elixir that makes me smell like a nursing home 100% of the time. 

How are you feeling? 

Tired. So run down. Realizing this may Be because if the anemia, so hoping the supplements help.

Right now everything is about buying the new house and selling the current one—which is kind of like extreme nesting! I’m so excited about the new place because it’s much bigger.

GTKY: STMs: what do you love about being a mom? FTMs: what do you look forward to about motherhood? 

It’s never boring! I love watching them learn new things—now that my three are 14, 12, and 8 it’s just so fun watching them play sports and do school projects and see what they are capable of accomplishing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 11-Apr-2019

Any appointments? Questions? Had a check-up yesterday, everything is looking good. Don't have another for two weeks. Question for you guys, the only appointment they could give me for my next check-up is at a really inconvenient time. My doc is covering for another so she's just super busy for that 2 week period. I'm considering cancelling and just going to my next one 2 weeks later, because there just isn't a time my doc can take me other than this one inconvenient time. All my appointments have gone well, I'm low risk, healthy with no concerns. Would it be really terrible if I skipped this appointment?

Rants/Raves? Rants: Getting pretty sick of all the unsolicited advice I'm getting these days... So far I've been criticized for not planning on taking a full mat leave (I'm taking 8 weeks, have a super flexible job that I can bring the baby to or work from home, and DH is taking the time with me and also has tons of flexibility when we're both back... and correct me if I'm wrong, but in the US aren't most mat leaves only 8-12 weeks... if you get one? I mean I'm appreciative that in Canada women have the option to take the full year, but I don't want to!) I'm also being criticized for saying I don't want to EBF (want to do a combo of pumping and BFing if possible). Like, when did any of this become anyone's business? Rave: DH is awesome. Getting up and warming up the car for me in the am, making sure I have a lunch to bring to work with me, helping me sit up when I have to get up and pee in the middle of the night... he's is killing this dad-to-be gig!

How are you feeling? Kinda like Sigourney Weaver in Alien... ready to not be pregnant anymore for sure. My body hurts basically all the time, I'm exhausted because I can't sleep from being so uncomfortable.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Not a hell of a lot TBH. We had some pretty crazy stuff go down this week (Oven broke, then the truck broke, then we had a massive ice-turn-to-rain storm last Thursday which completely flooded out our basement). So... we've been more focused on fixing those things!

GTKY: STMs: what do you love about being a mom? FTMs: what do you look forward to about motherhood? I'm really just excited to get to know my baby. I picture her being pretty weird and feisty, but time will tell! Really excited to watch the relationship between her and her dad develop too. He's so excited to meet her. I can't wait to see the person she turns out to be :)

• Options
    @stefanielyn1991 H likes to compare as well.  If my back hurts so does his, I have a cold well so does he, migraine?  Yup.  The difference being he can take a whole range of meds for it!!  I don't want you to commiserate with me - I want you to feel sorry for me haha!
    @catherineclaire78 Hooray for passing the 3 hour!  And yes, hopefully the supplements will help with some of those symptoms.
    @kate_e_nb I wouldn't skip it, especially this far along where something like high blood pressure or low fluid can creep up out of nowhere - but I'm also a worrier so...

Due date:  April 8

Any appointments? Questions?  Seeing my OB next week.

Rants/Raves?  My kiddos were nightmares last night playing and turning the lights on in their room, H was little to no help dealing with them.  But on a good note I finished a ton of work yesterday that I thought would take me a lot longer so today should be pretty chill.

How are you feeling?  Sore!  My pelvis, hips, SI joints are pretty sore these days.  Things are definitely moving and stretching.  Also swamp crotch is a real problem.

What have you done to prep for baby this week?  Clearing out furniture for the nursery!  And I chose the paint colour, now I just have to go get it and get to it!  Mom is buying us a new crib and she has an old dresser that I'll use in the room, that will need to be sanded down and painted too.  Lots to get down in 10 weeks.

GTKY: STMs: what do you love about being a mom? FTMs: what do you look forward to about motherhood?  I love that these little beings love you unconditionally and are (almost) always happy to see you.  You can yell at them one minute and feel awful for doing so and the next minute they're asking you to their tea party.  

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? No appts this week. Feb 4th is next ob and repeat GD test

Rants/Raves? I am dine with the cold. I can not wait for spring and for it warm up. January has been a really long month! 

How are you feeling? This week seems to be more of a challenge on my body. I am feeling much bigger and the baby's kicks and punches are much stronger. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Finally picked baby furniture and set up an appt to have carpets cleaned.  

GTKY: STMs: what do you love about being a mom? FTMs: what do you look forward to about motherhood? Being a part of my child's milestones! When they are little its the hugs and the kisses. As they get older its cheering them on when they score a goal or helping pick out a prom dress. Its loving another person more than you ever though possible. 

• Options
    Due date: April 13th

Any appointments? Questions? Had my regular OB check up yesterday and am now going every two weeks. I also have a 30 week growth scan with my MFM next Monday and can't wait to see how much my little guy has grown! 

Rants/Raves? Rant: People are driving me absolutely nuts. I've had a number of people ask me about getting things for the baby that I have to politely decline (these hints have been repeatedly ignored by some) because we don't have a lot of space or already picked out things that fit the same basic description. Or one person from DH's side will message me every few days with a new idea of something that they want to pick up and I have to be polite, but also like please stop messaging me every other day. I understand that people want to get the baby something special, but we have absolutely zero space (we're literally going to be putting things in storage to make it through our lease) and I'm sick of explaining that to the same people over and over again. Oh and the unsolicited parenting advice. I basically just wish I didn't have to be around people for the next 2 1/2 months. 
    Rave: LO is still doing great based on our OB's checks. He's super active and when people drive me crazy, he almost always moves or kicks and brings me back to my happy place. He also kept kicking DH in the head last night while he laid on me on the couch and it made me laugh - he's a feisty baby, that's for sure. 

How are you feeling? Exhausted, huge, uncomfortable. I have zero energy to do anything and it's impacting my mood, especially at home. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Other than open some registry gifts that were sent to our address, not a whole lot. I need to call pediatricians and work on my maternity leave plan, but that's really all we can do right now. We're kind of in a hold until our baby shower in a couple of weeks. 

GTKY: STMs: what do you love about being a mom? FTMs: what do you look forward to about motherhood? FTM here and I am looking forward to watching him go through every milestone, big or small. I'm excited to learn what he likes, dislikes, if he's more like me or his dad. I'm excited to watch DH get to be a dad because I know he's going to be amazing. I'm mostly looking forward to showing him every single day how loved he is - even when he drives me crazy. 

• Options
    @stefanielyn1991 , are you high risk or carrying twins?  That seems like an awful lot of ultrasounds to me, but if you have something they're monitoring closely, it would make sense.

@catherineclaire78, yay for passing the 3 hour and house nesting!  Have you closed on the new place already?

@kate_e_nb, I hate to say get used to it, but people definitely seem to LOVE to give their opinion once you're pregnant/have a baby.  I mostly nod and smile along while knowing I'm going to do exactly what I was doing anyway regardless :lol: .  Unless they're a close friend and actually trying to offer support, it's usually just obnoxious.

@mermaidca, yay for paint color!  What are you going with?  I think we've narrowed ours down to two choices, but I need to get samples to try on the actual wall first.

@jayhawkmom4, I'm so with you on the cold.  I cannot WAIT for warmer weather.  My child has been cooped up going stir crazy and our driveway is a treacherous sheet of ice.  Ugh.

Due date: April 10th

Any appointments? Questions? Just had a checkup today, babe was active and had a super strong heartbeat.  Got a script for my breast pump in case my online order falls through (I haven't heard anything from the website and my doctor hasn't received any requests yet).

Rants/Raves? Long rant, and I feel bad for always being a downer, but... this week sucks.  DH can't find his wedding band (and we do not have it insured or the funds to replace it right now), I either sprained or fractured my thumb at work last night, and my parents had to put their dog down (he was very old and in pain, so it's almost a good thing but still sad).  Rave: I got an unexpected day off work tonight because of the snow.

How are you feeling? Very pregnant some days and fine others.  Waking up to pee three times a night or having to pee multiple times at work is really annoying, but there are worse things I guess.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Hah... literally nothing :lol:.

Seeing him go through the baby milestones and develop his own unique, crazy, loving personality.  I can't wait to see how this baby is similar and different to his brother.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kate_e_nb, what the fuck? pumping IS breastfeeding! 

Due date: 4/8

Any appointments? Questions? next appointment is this Friday. I have noticed my belly seems smaller this week. maybe b/c baby has moved. I'm telling you, I can feel him, like, in my butt. he's low and towards the back. but it's sort of giving me anxiety that this one will be as small as my first boy was. (no. 1 was 5.5lbs, full term.) it worries me b/c his borderline low blood sugar kept us in the hospital for 5 days while they drew his blood from his tiny feet every 3hrs. his feet were so bruised & it broke my heart. I don't want to relive that again. 4yrs later, I still feel guilty for not being a better advocate for my newborn at the time.

also- I'm feeling what I think are Braxton hicks, just about daily. is this normal? they sometimes take my breath away until they subside.

Rants/Raves? rave: idk if anyone remembers my family drama, but due to some domestic issues, my husband swore to not speak to his mom. but he caved and had a phone chat w/ her yesterday. I'm thrilled that his heart is too big to stonewall his mother.

How are you feeling? I came down w/ a cold sunday, and today is my 2nd day staying home from work. I'm sure I caught this from some asshole in the office who insists on coming in sick. when I do finally return to work, I'm making a PSA that if anyone is sick to STAY THE FUCK HOME. our company is actually pretty generous with providing paid sick leave. there is NO reason to not take it! there is literally no one in our office who is so important that operations would shut down if they weren't in the office on a given day. not to mention, nearly everyone I work with has the option to work from home. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? I feel like my hands are tied w/ prep work until after our baby shower. so I'm doing very little until late feb, which I know is kinda cutting it close. but all morning I have been researching car seats. I really want to be able to position little one in the middle seat when he gets here, but I've got to upgrade my 4yo's convertible seat to something that will accommodate this, and also- since he's in the more compromised position in the car, I want to get the safest option I can afford. 

GTKY: STMs: what do you love about being a mom? FTMs: what do you look forward to about motherhood? I love watching my son become more and more independent, self-sufficient. it's the one thing that makes me feel like I'm getting something right as a mother. 

• Options
    @mermaidca, thanks, hopefully it can only go up from here.  And I love that color palette!  I bet it'll look awesome.  Those pictures are amazing, and such a cool idea to base a nursery around.

@batmama31, I've definitely had more Braxton hicks and more frequently this time around than I did with DS1.  My OB told me as long as they aren't happening more than 6 an hour or getting progressively painful/close together, they're fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stefanielyn1991 why is your due date confusing?

@kate_e_nb first, don't feel bad about getting mad at your SO. I get mad at DH right now every time he complains. Also, most of my OB appointments are not at convenient times but there are reasons why they want to see you as frequently as they do, so I wouldn't miss the appointment. Oh! And even though you think you only want 8-12 weeks off, I wouldn't commit to that at work until you've had the baby. A lot of things change post delivery when you realize how much work, exhaustion, time, etc you need to recover and get used to your new life. 
  • Options
    @batmama31 totally normal. I had more with DD actually than this kid so far, but with her I’d get dozens per day, and I was staying really hydrated, so it seems to vary. But yeah, no more than six an hour like @kangstadt said. 

Also I agree @kate_e_nb why the eff would somebody criticize you for pumping and call it “not breastfeeding?” Dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time. 
  • Options
    @mermaidca I love that rug! Actually that whole nursery is beautiful.

Due date: 
    4/9

Just had my 30 week appt today and scheduled my dreaded 3 hour glucose test for Friday 

Rants/Raves? 

We’re going to have our 4th snow day in a row tomorrow(wed). DD hasn’t had school since last Thursday!  We are going stir crazies because the severe wind chills are preventing us from playing outside. I’m running out of activities to keep them entertained for more than 30min and no one wants to nap 

How are you feeling? 

Doctor ordered PT for my pubic bone separation and pain so hopefully I will get some relief. 

I cleaned out the playroom toys

I love watching them grow and learn new things. DD is reading now and I feel so proud when she sounds out big words herself. I also love watching their excitement when we go on a new adventure or they help with a project at home.

• Options
    @mermaidca That color looks great!!

Due date: April 12

Any appointments? Questions? My next midwife apt is Monday and then it's every 2 weeks. I'm going to ask her if I need to start kick counts because it hasn't been brought up yet. I think that'll make me more neurotic.

Rants/Raves? Raves: I have my baby shower this weekend, and I'm really excited to see friends I haven't seen in quite awhile, as it's back in my hometown. I'm not looking forward to flying, though. Rants: I've been taking the bus to work as much as I can since I got a new car and am trying to keep the mileage low, and I'm already over it. Last night the bus didn't stop and so I had to wait another 30 minutes, and I was already taking a later bus b/c I had a late meeting. So instead of getting home at 5 if I had driven, I got home at 7. I was a crying mess. Some days I don't know if it's worth it.

How are you feeling? Extremely emotional and have reflux. Otherwise, I don't feel too bad physically. I'm worried that I'm not feeling baby kick as much, but honestly I don't think that's the case. I think I'm thinking of it constantly so I just notice the times he/she isn't kicking as much (if that makes sense).

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Not a damn thing! Haha. Waiting for the baby shower and hoping to get more registry items in the next few weeks. I hope I can be patient enough to wait until a few weeks after because I know people will be sending stuff later, but I want to get everything soon and start washing sheets and prepping the nursery! Oh, but DH still needs to paint that, too.

GTKY: STMs: what do you love about being a mom? FTMs: what do you look forward to about motherhood? FTM - great question and I really don't know what I'm looking forward to the most. I'm just curious to meet the little one and see what kind of person they become. 

• Options
    @rennie1108 Thanks!  I was super nervous thinking green walls would be ok, but I love that picture.  Fingers crossed mine turns out as well. 
    Kick counts were making me crazy too.  Like I felt him all the time until I was trying to feel him.  When I saw the nurse last she actually said 6 kicks an hour instead of 10.  I feel like 6 is doable and I just kind of do the count when I can feel him because whenever I choose a time to count he wasn't having it.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kangstadt I'm high risk just because of my weight :( but this pregnancy has been perfect no problems so its really annoying. 
    @mermaidca that's beautiful I love it! 
    I'm so jealous of you ladies who get to paint nurseries. My nursery consist of a bassinet in the corner of my room. Were moving in about a year so for now this is all I got. 
    @mrstmoose my due date is confusing because I say I'm due April 17. I have a longer cycle which means I ovulate later. Measurements back me up on this usually. My doctor goes by lmp which has me due April 12. He thinks she's measuring small which she is a little but not as much if you go by my longer cycle. The ultrasound place said the 10th and then the 12th and it just keeps changing based on how shes measuring.

• Options
    @batmama31 Right?? But apparently introducing a bottle to your baby will "set your kids up for failure"... *rolls eyes aggressively*
    Also, I think for Braxton Hicks as long as they aren't frequent and consistent, its supposed to be okay. Never hurts to mention it to your doc though! Even if it's just for them to say, "yeah girl, you're good." Eases the anxiety a bit at least!

@kangstadt I think you're right, people just love to inundate you with their opinions. Funny enough, I was talking with my mom on the phone last night on my way home from work (and I love her, but she is the queen of unsolicited advice) and just as she was about to start telling me another thing that I was doing that was so very wrong, I entered a bad reception area and it cut her off! It was AWESOME. By the time I was able to connect with her  again, she had forgotten what she was going to say. DH and I have decided that (at least over the phone) when people start giving unsolicited advice, we'll just start hanging up and chalking it up to bad reception haha!

@mrstmoose I appreciate that, but the thing is because of how we operate in North America, most of the burden in placed on mom. (Not only does she have to physically heal, but she also takes on the role of primary caregiver). DH gets wicked paternity leave from work, and we've always agreed that because of our types of work, if one of us had to stop it would be him (I love my work, he likes his enough to go and receive a paycheck). So DH is taking paternity, so the burden won't be entirely on me. I'll give myself that time to focus on healing and bonding with baby, but I won't be alone. We don't tell dads that they really need to reconsider their time off when they take only a week (or sometimes no time at all), but when mom's don't take a lot of time we get a lot of backlash.
  • Options
    @kate_e_nb based on DD’s experience with an exclusive bottle/feeding tube in the NICU plus mando supplementation via bottle for a year, and her hour long nursing session while waking up this morning (ow) I think it’s safe to say introducing a bottle does NOT set them up for failure.