July 2019 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/28

• I’ve been awake since 4am bc of this terrible sinus infection. This is going to be a long ass day. 
  • @mamanbebe I am so so sorry, do you have meds? Sending oodles of tea and healthy vibes your direction.

Trying to make plans to get through the week without my head imploding. I really want a date night with my husband, but there aren't any movies we are interested in, and dinner by itself is just kinda meh at this point because we don't have a lot to talk about that would be out of the ordinary, and I don't wanna talk home life or politics on date night. It's too cold to go strolling a shopping district, and a show is kinda out of the question atm. And being pregnant puts the stop on some other local activities.
  • Loading the player...
  • @foodislove No meds for moi, just saline sinus flush and lots of natural remedies from my midwives. Even when I'm not pregnant, it's hard to get anyone to prescribe anything except prescription flonase and pseudoephedrine here, neither of which I can take. Sorry you're struggling with date night stuff :( Are there any art shows or local musical performances going on that you would be into? 
  • @mamanbebe All the shows are sort of a distance away from where we live, which equals either time or money in addition to babysitting, tickets, etc. I'm sorry your docs won't give you a prescription for sinus infection! I was able to get amoxicillin for mine over the holidays. I know it's a Class B, but my OBGYN felt better mom can breathe. 
  • @foodislove check out Groupon for ideas.

Maybe this should go in the symptom thread but at least once a week I wake up in the middle of the night with the feeling my foot is on fire. I have to take my socks off and figure out how to hover my foot over the bed without it touching anything. Then it usually feels better. 
  • @nopegoat The things you learn! Super cool! Stop being a dick Nope Goat! Hahaha! 
  • In case anyone feels cold, out schools have already closed through Thursday. Air temps Wednesday will be -26 with wind chill of -55. I am ready for summer! 
  • @wineandcoffee the negative temps are starting here today. We won’t see above zero until sometime Friday afternoon. It’s going to hit about -35 tomorrow and not get above -25 for 24 hours starting tonight.

My daughter has her annual checkup tomorrow. Not sure if that’s going to happen. 
  • @wineandcoffee & @key33 :o I wouldn't be leaving my house for days. Hope you stay warm inside and this cold front passes soon. 
  • I can't find the crazy dreams thread, so I'll post my latest one here: I had a dream last night that DH was friends with a young Ted Bundy. We were getting coffee with him one last time because we knew he was about to find out there would be a movie made about him becoming a serial killer, and it would make him so enraged that he would go back in time and actually become a serial killer. After he left I turned to DH and said, "He doesn't know where we live, right?"
  • @wineandcoffee It seems to be a mix, schools closed v. openwise. I live in OK, so a nonissue, but I spent most of my life in MI. My friend in OH doesn't have school today, but my friend who's a teacher in MI didn't have it two days last week or yesterday, but has it today, but it's supposed to get really bad tomorrow so I think they were trying to bank one day so they wouldn't hit their limit before they have to go over.

@hestia14 I had one two nights ago where I had been admitted to the Air Force Academy, but it was present-day, so I was 31 and pregnant, but had somehow been admitted and was REALLY worried about people finding out. Pregnancy dreams are weird. I think yours is weirder, but man...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Registry question — how are you all doing registries? I have a separate Target and Amazon one, but recently made a Babylist one. I’m considering importing them to Babylist, or possibly using The Bump, so that when my baby shower hosts share the link to the registries that they only have one. Thoughts? Babylist seems pretty cool, but I wasn’t sure how accurate it would be in tracking items purchased since it shows different places that you can purchase the items that you register for, and not necessarily the specific registry... 
  • @rgn12 I'm not doing a registry this time around but for my last pregnancy I had 2. Target and Buy Buy Baby. I had the Target one because I wanted the goodie bag and coupons! My friend used Babylist and it was pretty handy! I remember her syncing up her amazon and baby r us registries. 
  • @rgn12 I had a Target, Buybuybaby, and Amazon with my first. I got frustrated with Babylist, I didn't like the layout of the items at the time, but I think it's much improved since then. I know my friends who just had a baby did Target through Babylist, and when I bought at Target in person, it did show purchased on Babylist later.
  • I only registered at one place with my first. 

Does anyone have any experience with posh peanut or kindred bravely?  I’m eyeing up a mama robe from posh peanut and the simply sublime bra(busty) and nursing/maternity nightgown from kindred bravely.  I didn’t get a pretty robe with my first and I thought it might be nice to have something pretty to wear after.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks @foodislove and @tova24 !! I was a little worried that Babylist wouldn’t sync up if people bought in store... but good to know that it does! I’m a FTM and it is the first grandchild on both sides of the family so everyone is super excited already! We already have two showers in the works by friends/family. 😳
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I’m in Michigan and we are on day #2 of no school. Our district is notorious for not calling a snow day and I was really surprised they closed today. Everyone I know in Michigan had a snow day again today. I’m expecting one tomorrow too and more than likely Thursday too. 
  • @key33 They've already called it for tomorrow. I think my theory of banking a day towards not having to go late was probably right, if not the whole reason.
  • @greeneyedgirl12 Most likely. I think ours only closed because so many subdivisionss had not been plowed from the show we got yesterday. 

Ours hasn't been called yet, but there is no way we will be open. I just hope they don't wait until 4:45 am to send out the notice again. 
  • I'm thinking of just doing my registry on Amazon, it seems like they have everything that's needed for baby that I'd want to register for.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have one at Amazon and one at Target just so people have in-store and online options. Tempted to link them in Babylist so I can get a welcome box :sweat_smile:
  • @rgn12 that's awesome having multiple showers! You will probably get everything you need from them and just be left buying small stuff!
  • @hestia14 I literally didn't even think about the in-store portion haha.. I guess I forget some people still shop in store!
  • Stay warm everyone! This weather is insane!! It’s no fun, but stay inside if you can. 

Also glad our president has a solid grasp on science and the weather.
  • Yesterday while out running errands I saw a Girl Scout selling cookies in front of the bank, took every ounce of will power to not stop. I get home, text my husband how I saw them and passed on buying them. He gets home last night and I hear him say “come on up, my wife is going to be so happy” and up came two Girl Scouts selling cookies. I bought 4 boxes 😂 I wish I could say it’s pregnancy but I love those stupid cookies!!! 
  • edited January 2019
  • @jennm0724 haha! My niece is selling them this year, so I had no choice ....I'm not too upset though lol!
  • Does ANYONE have a good cure for the gross/metallic taste in the mouth? I've tried all the suggestions, and they work while I'm eating/drinking/chewing (gum) but it comes back within 2 minutes of being done, and constantly eating isn't realistic. I was hoping this would be done by now.
  • Yay! Got our taxes done tonight :) I normally file by mid January, but between the shut down and my old school district not sending out W2s until this week...

DH calls me his accountant because I handle the taxes every year, I call him the money manager because he handles all our actual finances. :)
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I've struggled with it this entire pregnancy too. I didn't have it with my last two but it is just ongoing this time around. This past week (I'm 17w 4d) it has finally gotten slightly better.

I have no real suggestions asides from chewing gum when you aren't eating. Nothing I tried worked asides from constantly chewing. It's horrible and I hope you get some relief from it soon!
  • @nerdtoyourmother the greatest thing ever was when I discovered Belly Bar Prenatals. They are chewable and still have the iron and pretty much everything you need. 
    I add magnesium, D, and DHA through other supplements. 
    I tried three other brands and they made me puke even before I was pregnant. I shared the one I’m usung with my OB and she is recommending it to a lot of ladies who can’t handle swallowing those nasty things! 

@indulgentgypsy our tax situation is too complicated this year and I’m so upset because I usually have it done by now, but we are going to be waiting until the last minute to pay this year and have to have a CPA. 
  • Would anyone be interested in having a thread for med free labor & delivery? We can share ideas, resources, fears, etc.
  • @hakele I'm switching brands after this bottle. I can deal with the pill size, but I read prenatals can be a minor cause of ongoing nausea, and I'm at 16w5d and I'm willing to try addressing the secondary and tertiary possible triggers at this point, I thought I'd be better...