1st Trimester

October 2019 BMB Waiting Room

Re: October 2019 BMB Waiting Room

• @wanderlost - so happy we're adding some familiar ladies to our group!! Congrats on the bfp!! - and for the record, I've been doing the exact same thing, MH doesn't get it lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @annierose3 first off, congrats! How are you feeling? 

as for the timing of a first scan, it depends on your provider and insurance. For DS1, I didn’t have a scan until my 18w anatomy scan. He would only do a dating scan if your dates were way off (he would ask LMP and the date of the first positive test) and didn’t offer the NT. If he couldn’t detect a HB with the Doppler at 12w, he’d send a patient for a scan to see what was going on. 

With DS2, my MWs did a dating scan around 8w, which is the first time they see low risk patients. They automatically do dating/placement scans at this point unless you’re a RE transfer. 

This time around, I’ll have scan sometime in the next 2-3w since they don’t want to go by my charting, and technically, my LMP was in November. I‘m a bit of a SS this time around 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve heard of providers bringing patients in as early as 5/6w, but that hasn’t been my experience.
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @cmbt2. Thanks so much, and congratulations to you too! Besides being stunned, I am feeling tiny cramps, sore chest, and occasional feelings of queasiness. I am surprised to be feeling signs so soon, but it makes it feel a little more real. Because I will likely stay with the RE until the end of the first trimester, I think my US might be early. Like 5-6 weeks. I am waiting to tell family until after US.  What have to done in the past with announcing? Any advice for me? How is everyone feeling? And a big congratulations to you all!
  • Congratulations @annierose3!  Your beta’s look great!  

I’m an acception so I get ultrasounds early and often.  You can always ask to get an early one, the worst thing they could do is say “no”.  Some insurance companies only pay for a certain amount of them though.  

I have been feeling good.  A lot more energy than the previous pregnancies.  Only complaint is cramping.  The normal kind and then the sharp shooting pain ones when I stand up too fast.  How are you feeling? 

I’ve told my sisters and parents but we are waiting until the next ultrasound to tell the husbands family.  I just blurted it out lol nothing too exciting, except the being pregnant part!  
  • @cmbt2. Thanks so much, and congratulations to you too! Besides being stunned, I am feeling tiny cramps, sore chest, and occasional feelings of queasiness. I am surprised to be feeling signs so soon, but it makes it feel a little more real. Because I will likely stay with the RE until the end of the first trimester, I think my US might be early. Like 5-6 weeks. I am waiting to tell family until after US.  What have to done in the past with announcing? Any advice for me? How is everyone feeling? And a big congratulations to you all!
    I’m full of unsolicited advice. I’m an open book about my experiences so ask away.

I’ll speak directly to the early scans- try not to freak if you don’t see anything outside of a sac at the 5/6w scan. It’s pretty common actually- you should have a follow up 2-3 weeks after to confirm growth and get the HB. 

Announcements aren’t even on my radar right now TBH- we won’t tell family until after we detect the HB and no one else outside of work finds out until all our test results are in. My boss will be told once I have a dating scan as it will throw off my inspection schedules. We stuck DS1 in a “promoted to big brother shirt” to tell our families about DS2. We’ll probably do similar for this one. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Yay! Congratulations @emily1052. Thank you for the advice, I think I will ask if I can do the US this Friday, which is a day earlier than they mentioned.  Are you also with an RE? Or previous MC? I hope that you don't mind me asking. My husband wanted us to wait to tell our parents until after the US. It is SO hard! I really never thought I would conceive without IVF. And my mom has pretty advanced cancer, so I want to give her the happy news! Plus my  brother got engaged yesterday, so we are waiting for a better time to share. Any good announcement ideas? 
  • @annierose3 I hope they agree and give you and the ultrasound!  Like @cmbt2 said, you may not get to see much but I hope you do!!  

*TW* We had a CP in September ‘17 and an ectopic in January ‘18 which resulted in the loss of my right tube. We met with an RE but was told that we could most likely conceive naturally.  We decided to give it a year and it took us 9 months.  And I don’t mind sharing  :)

How long have you been working with the RE?  

Sorry to hear about your mother  :'(  I bet an engagement followed by a grand baby will cheer her up!  

Sorry i I don’t have any good announcement ideas... maybe look on Instagram.  I’ve thought about getting one of those shirts that says “I like to think that wine misses me too”  :D
  • Also, @annierose3, the rule of thumb for being able to do and see something on an u/s was betas at 2000 4/5 years ago. I’m not sure if that’s changed or not, though. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @emily1052 I miss wine so much - maybe I should get that shirt too!!!!
  • I was also about to start with an RE next month and figure out if we wanted to do IUI or IVF. It looks like we are in a similar boat, @annierose3 @tinybluesprite I hope everyone is feeling well today!
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @galentine I’m always a nervous wreck making that first appointment. Don’t worry, they won’t yell at you! The worst they may do is ask if it was planned during your first app.

i still wonder sometimes why anyone would ever allow me to parent so.. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • When is everyone's first appointment?? I'm a nervous wreck waiting for mine on 2/11. I have had betas and progesterone pulled, numbers looking good, so that reassuring, sort of lol.
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited January 2019
    @cdnrunning, my first appointment is 2/27, I will be 8 weeks and change. I specifically mentioned I'd had a recent CP in the hopes they would want me to come in for betas, but nope. I feel like a month is SO far away with no reassurance until then. ☹
  • When is everyone's first appointment?? I'm a nervous wreck waiting for mine on 2/11. I have had betas and progesterone pulled, numbers looking good, so that reassuring, sort of lol.
    I’ve been in twice already and go back Thursday. We’ll decide then when to do a dating scan, sometime
    in the next 2-3 weeks. Then I basically have an app every 2 weeks starting at 12w.

I’m also high risk, so I go in early and often 😪
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Hi everyone! Congratulations to all of you! I got my BFP last Friday and am due on October 1st! I've been lurking regularly on the TTGP board since September/October. I never really posted but found it super helpful nonetheless. TW----------I had a CP last month so I'm just very grateful to be here and looking forward to participating along with everyone. Reading everyone's posts makes me so excited for our BMB to get up and running. Who agrees that October is the best month of the year?! Seriously. 

@MrsJP20082015 I've also been thinking about starting Parks & Rec. I've seen a few random episodes and think it's hilarious, but I'm in the middle of binging on Mad Men right now so I'm gonna have to ride that one out before starting anything new. (Any Mad Men fans here?)

@annierose3 we announced pretty casually on social media last time and I think this time I want to do something a little cuter and more thought out. Not because I want to post it to social media necessarily, but I think it will be really fun to look back on. I'm open to announcement ideas too! Also wanted to say I'm sorry to hear that your mom is going through cancer. So tough, but your great news I'm sure will be such a bright spot!

@emily1052 @cdnrunning I was about to pour myself a glass of wine the other night and it seriously took me 10 seconds to be like..."wait, no...I'm pregnant."

@cdnrunning so glad you're betas are looking good! My first appointment is on February 19th when I'll be 8 weeks! Not sure if it'll just be a doppler or a u/s but either way it CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH.

• @cmbt2 it stinks, doesn't it? It feels impossible to relax and "enjoy" the pregnancy. I am looking forward to getting to know the group and supporting one another as we jump on this crazy roller coaster ride!
  • @theearlymajority congrats! Just a heads up, providers won’t usually start Doppler checks until 12w. It’s extremely difficult and time consuming to pick up the HB before that on a Doppler. 

@cdnrunning it does suck. I’m sorry you are in this boat, too. I’m ready for the next 2 months to be over with already
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 Yes now that I'm actually thinking about it you're totally right. Thanks for the reminder :)
  • @tinybluesprite & @theearlymajority Congratulations!  

@galentine I’m so glad I’m not the only one that feels like that!  eeek!  

My first appointment was 1/23.  I go back on 1/31 for another appointment.  @cmbt2 I’m in the same boat 😢 

@cdnrunning Glad to hear all your numbers are looking good!  What were your beta’s?  If you don’t mind me asking. 
  • @marbellie, AHHHHHHH! So excited to see you here!! Congratulations! I did not temp while TTC. Just opks and frequent HIO. What dpo did you start testing?
  • @emily1052 my first beta at 11dpo was 55.6 and my second beta was 170.7. Progesterone at 11dpo was 36 or 37 and they didn't mention the second reading at 13dpo but said it was really good. I've been on 200mg of progesterone since 4dpo and we were about to start additional fertility testing next month. I've had a LPD for quite sometime and without progesterone my LP is about 7-8 days.

@marbellie - hiiiiiiii!!! Congrats on your BFP and joining the cool October club :) I have three fur babies here. My house is a total circus lol
  • Good morning ladies, I will write a more detailed message as soon as I have more time. I just had a third beta drawn, and I am waiting for the results. I am SO anxious!! At what point will I feel like I can take a deep breath??
  • Good morning ladies, I will write a more detailed message as soon as I have more time. I just had a third beta drawn, and I am waiting for the results. I am SO anxious!! At what point will I feel like I can take a deep breath??
    I was finally able to breathe after all the screenings were done with my other two, so 14-18w for me. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @galentine actually I'm so late to test because work has been insane. My last post yesterday on TWW looks crazy (but practical) in hindsight because I was talking about being sure this cycle didn't work and what I would do next one. 

I tested last night at 14ish DPO and it was a beautiful dark second line :)
  • @annierose3 FX and everything crossed for your results. When did they say that they would come out? 

@cmbt2 I love love your Avatar, I was obsessed with sailor Moon my entire childhood (and beyond honestly)

@cdnrunning yay to making an even grander circus~
  • @marbellie, I think I asked you this once before but can't remember. Is your SN at all related to the Marbella hotel in the Jane the Virgin tv show? Because I think of it everytime I see your SN!
  • @marbellie Congrats!!! That is so exciting!!
    @annierose3 GL with your results!
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @galentine I wish I loved that show, I just liked the word Marbles and wanted to cute it up
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited January 2019
    @marbellie, haha oh well, we can pretend. And we can still bond over sloths! If you have a Trader Joe's near you, check out their greeting cards, because they have a super cute sloth one right now. I used it to to "announce" the pregnancy to my H! 😊

• Ahhhhhh 😳 my betas:
    1/23: 57.2
    1/25: 131
    1/29: 510.8, which is not quite at the doubling amount I calculated. Is this a bad result??
  • @annierose3, I used this calculator online and got a doubling time of 48.96 hours for you which I believe is well within the normal range. I'm not a medical professional, though. What does your doctor say about the numbers?

https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator
  • @galentine thank you so much for the reassurance! That is just the calculator that I was using. I am waiting for a call back from the RE now. It is hard not to be anxious! 
  • @cdnrunning My first proper appointment with my midwife isn't until March 12th, but I had already booked a PCP appointment as a follow-up to check on my vitamin levels (had low D and too high B12) so now I'll have them check my HCG too! Plus I'm trying to get in to see my endo, I have mild hypothyroidism. So many doctors...