July 2019 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 11/8

Re: Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 11/8

• Options
    I get giddy for November the way most people do for October. Early November is the time in my area when the leaves really start to fall, and that combined with the daylight shift makes for gorgeous afternoon drives. We also tend to get our first snow in mid-November and the forecast looks like it's coming right on schedule. I also love Thanksgiving! Football and score-betting with my family, watching the parade, all the Thanksgiving dishes (that I'll hopefully have an appetite for this year...). And once Thanksgiving is over, late November is when I go into full Christmas mode :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't leave the house in yoga pants or leggings unless I'm not getting out of the vehicle. Seeing others do it doesn't bother me a bit but I just can't bring myself to do it. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I do NOT think all babies are cute.
    Agreed. I also thought my daughter was cute as a baby until I looked back at her baby pictures recently. 
  • Options
    I don't like maternity photos if it's just the mom to be. Family maternity photos are okay. 
  • Options
    They are... something alright @asupernovablizzardstorm
    I really want a cute bump so I can be outrageous and have my hubby take some cute and even sexy baby bump photos. They were not a thing when my first 2 were bumps (not that I had one) so it's sort of a trend I kind of want to jump on.
  • Options
    I think Beyonce and Ed Sheeran are terribly overrated. I can't stand any of their music. 
    I mostly also feel this way about Taylor Swift but she has ONE song I kinda like.
  • Options
    scp2585 said:
    I think Beyonce and Ed Sheeran are terribly overrated. I can't stand any of their music. 
    I mostly also feel this way about Taylor Swift but she has ONE song I kinda like.
    I don't listen to any of them. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @wineandcoffee I felt the same with both my DS and DD! That’s so funny!
  • Options
    I dislike trigger warnings, especially if the subject of the post indicates exactly what is in the thread. 
    As someone who has had multiple losses, I also sort of hate them. And feel like they should only be needed for more intense conversations.... 

Also, kudos for what is probably an actual UO! 
  • Options
    @Happyin14, right?? People always post "popular opinions" here! Like give me something that is going to make my eye twitch a little, lol
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    Thank you so much for explaining TW. I had been racking my brain!
  • Options
    Agree on the TWs. 
  • Options
    Sorry, I too agree on the TWs. It may actually be a popular opinion :)
  • Options
    Same here. I feel like they're way overused. Back when I had a Tumblr I posted an image that had a fire in the background and somebody reblogged it and tagged it as, "TW: fire." :unamused: If you're that traumatized or have such a severe phobia of fire that a digital image of one will send you into a mental tailspin, you need to get off the Internet and get help. 
  • Options
    @hestia14...So much of this.  When I was going through infertility treatments people used to post TWs on their pregnancy announcements on the TTTC forum. Like if someone announcing their pregnancy on a board where EVERYONE is trying to get pregnant pushes you over the edge, perhaps the bump isn't for you. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    Yeah, I’d have to agree with the TWs too. I use them out of respect for other mama’s, but reading about people’s losses doesn’t bring back pain about my own, and I haven’t felt triggered by anything I’ve read on the bump yet, especially on our board.

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    I see what others are saying about over using trigger warnings, but I'd just hate to think that posting about my pregnancy loss might potentially cause someone else pain. I'm pretty much always accused of being a cold, unfeeling ice Princess, so actually caring about the way other people feel is new to me lol
  • Options
    Eh. I don't feel like I personally need TWs but I completely get why others might and will post accordingly. Losses can be complete mind fvcks especially when you are TTC or are pregnant again which is already stressful as heck. I'd rather not blindside someone who is having a rough day. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat, I get what you are saying, but I don't agree. If you've experienced losses/infertility like a huge number of us have, you should skip clicking on subject lines that are triggering. I think it's ridiculous someone would click on a thread that clearly states what is being discussed, and then be like, "OMG I am so caught off guard. If only someone had put a TW in front of the exact thing I knew I was going to read about. I am just.so.triggered. " Get real  :|  
  • Options
    @nopegoat, I get what you are saying, but I don't agree. If you've experienced losses/infertility like a huge number of us have, you should skip clicking on subject lines that are triggering. I think it's ridiculous someone would click on a thread that clearly states what is being discussed, and then be like, "OMG I am so caught off guard. If only someone had put a TW in front of the exact thing I knew I was going to read about. I am just.so.triggered. " Get real  :|  
    OK. I get that. Like the PGAL thread.  I thought you were talking about other threads like the Randoms or symptoms where it may catch them a bit off guard. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat Is this your first? I only ask because I felt the same until 7.5 months along with my oldest. After that, screw pants, it is hot! 😜 I never did bring myself to wear maternity jeans, though. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @LandS2016, I never had an issue with the tummy part of maternity jeans, it's the crotch! It's like they think a woman's vagina shrivels away and dies during pregnancy.  "Hey there fertile myrtlel! Try our super roomy pants! Your tummy can grow for days, but since you aren't getting laid, no worries about your vag!"
  • Options
    LandS2016 said:
    @nopegoat Is this your first? I only ask because I felt the same until 7.5 months along with my oldest. After that, screw pants, it is hot! 😜 I never did bring myself to wear maternity jeans, though. 
    Nope! Baby #5 for me. This will be my 4th summer baby (in the south) so jean shorts were my friend. I have 2 pairs of maternity shorts and then I just wear my regular jeans or shorts with a rubberband and a belly band. I'm also a SAHM and don't go out a whole lot so that helps too. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I'm not crazy about 3D ultrasound pictures. 
  • Options
    I hate the newborn stage. They are so fragile and I freak out... give me a 6 month old who can sit up and play, and I’ll be happy. 
  • Options
    I'm not crazy about 3D ultrasound pictures. 
    I think they look creeeeeeeepy. 
  • Options
    I love the 3d ultrasounds. Heck I love all ultrasounds. They fascinate me! 

I think the newborn phase is boring but I love the snuggles!
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I feel like the 3D ultrasounds are a toss up. You either get something that resembles a baby or something that resembles a demon/alien. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    @nopegoat Dang! #5?!  Just the thought of 5 pregnancies makes me want to cry at the moment. You are a strong gal! I mostly wear dresses to work and avoid worrying about pants that way. ;) 

@ameliabedelia-2 Well I may have to run out and buy a pair right now! ;) I have a dress on today that is trying to suffocate my armpits. Why do they design clothes like this?! Not like I have huge armpits and I have never had this problem with clothes before this weirdo maternity dress.
  • Options
    @nopegoat I used to be with you on the leggings part. Now that I have one pair of pants that fit, and they're freaking pale/prefaded red jeans, so they match a very limited amount of stuff, I've had to relax that. I still will NEVER understand people who wear leggings in public/not at the gym with normal length shirts that don't cover your butt. It just looks awful.

@ameliabedelia-2 I have my first pair of maternity jeans sitting in the mailer on my bathroom counter. Now I'll have to look out for the crotch!  :D.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Holy out of the blue blast from the past. Baby brain had a really difficult time trying to figure out why in the world @hestia14 was talking about anticipating the first snow in November! I was like "but it's January. Isn't it January all around the world? Where could she live where it'd be November?" Total confusion!
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion- I am enjoying keeping my pregnancy private (only our family, coworkers & close friends know). I don't care to tell "the world" about it. It feels more special to me this way.