March 2019 Moms

Week 3 Check In 1/28

This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you.

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is your biggest fear regarding your upcoming delivery?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In 1/28

• Due date: 3/20

Any appointments? Questions?: MFM appt next Monday to possibly discuss insulin for my breakfast glucose numbers. Regular midwife appt next Wednesday.

Rants/Raves?: I've got a prenatal massage booked for tonight. I'm definitely looking forward to that!

How are you feeling?: As I've told everyone that's asked me this week: "Suddenly very pregnant." Back pain, trouble sleeping, reflux, painful kicks to the top of my stomach, not able to eat much at any given time.

I have a couple, mainly that my GD will somehow effect it either by labor being preterm (and therefore while DH is traveling), her being too big and resulting in a csection, or her needing to spend time in the NICU for her blood sugar.
  • Due date: 3/17 (RCS Scheduled for 3/11)

Any appointments? Questions?: next appointment is 2/5, nothing so far. 

Rants/Raves?: Raving about my babyshower this weekend. It was great. I am actually very surprised because SO's family made a big showing and that made me feel good that they will be supportive when baby gets here. We got a lot of nice gifts and it was a relief because we have NOTHING done to the baby room yet, but now we can get started.

How are you feeling?: Sleepy. Always sleepy. I am constantly tired like 1st trimester. Other than that, been feeling some pains down in the bottom of my uterus like the baby is kicking or punching my cervix. it's not a pleasant feeling. some of her movements are uncomfortable but that verges on painful. Belly is big and once i get home it's hard for me to find motivation to do housework. i kind of just veg out. 

GTKY: What is your biggest fear regarding your upcoming delivery? *TW* not too be morbid but i have like a tiny fear of like 20% of dying afterwards due to like a hemorrhage or something...just bc its been a thing in the news lately. *end TW*  other than that, my incision healed so well last time. it was completely smooth sailing and im hoping its more of the same, a little nervous just cuz i am bigger this time around and don't want ANY issues with it coming open or anything gross like that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @zionsmama85 I’m sure that because you are aware of the bias in medical care you will be sure to call out anything unusual. It may have been a long time ago, but having gone through the surgery before is probably a huge advantage.
  • @zionsmama85 I have the same fear. I've let DH know and also shared it with my doctor. My hope is that by talking about it, my support system will be keeping it top of mind too and be able to intervene if needed. 
  • Due date: 3/21

Any appointments? Questions?: no appointments this week. Check up next Monday. 

Rants/Raves?: I ranted about the weather on another thread. My car got stuck and I attempted to lightly shovel snow to get it unstuck but realized I simply could not do it with my belly, which is probably for the better. 

How are you feeling?: pretty good overall. I a bout of insomnia on Saturday night and was awake for three hours. 

I'm so anxious about how I will deliver, mostly because it is unknown. Baby has been transverse my whole pregnancy and I cant shake the idea that I will have a csection. I dont mind if that's the case; it is just frustrating that there isn't a specific path I can plan for right now... it is just wait and see. 
  • Due date: 3/19 re-dated to 3/28

Any appointments? Questions?: Nope! 

Rants/Raves?: The cold is awful, but my boss is letting me work from home the next couple days!

How are you feeling?: Baby has been moving a ton, and I feel like he's in a good position, which makes me feel like my Spinning Babies has been paying off. I'm starting to get that third trimester fatigue though. Glad I only have a few things left on my to-do list: freezer meals, stock up household items, and do some deep cleaning. 

GTKY: What is your biggest fear regarding your upcoming delivery? I worry about having regrets in the decisions I make. That I chose the wrong hospital or provider or doula. That I agreed to some intervention that I shouldn't have. That something bad happens to me or baby because I attempted to VBAC. An uncomplicated VBAC or c-section where I know I tried my best and have no regrets... that would be ideal!
  • @lindseyb918 I started planning for freezer meals too. I had a ton of leftover chicken for enchiladas so I made 2 little pans of it for the freezer last night. Next month while DH is out of town I plan to put any large amounts of leftovers away as extra meals too. I really need to clean out my freezer first though.
  • @meggyme that is so smart to start freezing large batches of leftovers! I'll have to do that too.