TTC#2 
DS born 9.17
TFMR 10.19

Re: TFAS 1/28

• Month/Cycle: 1
     WTO/TWW: WTO i guess
     Ages of other child(ren): 16 months
     Thoughts about this cycle: n/a
     Questions: Have any of your symptoms changed since having a baby? I've heard periods, ovulation, etc. can all be different after a child. 
     Rant/Rave/Brag: Just enjoying the heck out of the 16 month age right now. 
     GTKY: 
    Who is one celebrity you love to hate? I think Olivia Culpo is stunning, but I find her constant perfection annoying and over-posed. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Month/Cycle: 3

WTO/TWW: WTO

Ages of other child(ren): DS will be 2 in March

Thoughts about this cycle: nope, just being zen and whatever will be will be. 

Questions: 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I am home today with DS, he is sick I think.. he had a fever all weekend and although he seems to be in a decent enough mood, I'm going to try to get him in to the doctor this morning. MH thinks he has strep, so it could be that as well. I am so over all the illnesses of winter. So I'll be working from home today. DS is really tuned into Little Baby Bum right now.. lol. 

GTKY: Who is one celebrity you love to hate? 
    I hate Vincent D'Onofrio, so, so so much. He's the worst. 

@flinstone-2 yes I think symptoms and periods can change after you have a baby. Mine did not really, but I have heard that from other women. I had to google Olivia Culpo, I'm so out of touch. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @creamcheeseplease the only reason I knew who she was was because of an E! show this summer haha. Ds has also had a fever on and off and been sick. Its been a long sick season! I hope your DS feels better soon!
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 - Yes so many things can change after having a baby.  It's been so long for me though, and I had the mirena in for 6 years so my body is creating it's own new normal all over again.  I used to never have regular periods and now they seem to be every 30 days (at least for these last 2 cycles anyway...)  I also don't seem to get cramps as bad as I used.  I've been getting so frustrated trying to figure my body out over the last 4 months that I'm seriously trying to do what @creamcheeseplease is doing and say zen about this whole process (as much as possible) and just let whatever happen happen.... this is what MH wants us to do as well, so I'm trying not to pay too much attention to what my body is doing at this moment in time.

@creamcheeseplease I'm so sorry your DS has been sick, it's never fun and it's always heartbreaking...even as they get older.  I know what you mean about being over the illness of winter though, DS keeps getting colds too.

Month/Cycle:  4/3
    Ages of other child(ren): 6.5
    Thoughts about this cycle: Trying to just go with the flow and not think about it!
    Questions:  None that I can think of at this time.
    Rant/Rave/Brag: The constant sound effects that DS makes drives me absolutely bonkers!!  I actually told him to shut up yesterday, which I try and refrain from using around him all together because it's just not a nice thing to tell people, but I tried everything else in the books yesterday and nothing was working.  The sounds just kept coming out and we were trying to focus on setting up a new camera and it just came out of my mouth.
    GTKY: Who is one celebrity you love to hate?  hmmmmm.... Kate Middleton?  I don't actually hate her, just fascinated by her so I guess it's more of an envy hate!  To be dressed up and in heels the day after you deliver your 3rd child?!?!  Get it girl!! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• marebear15 i can't standddd Kiera either. 
    @kbrown2385 I'm hoping I'll be able to feel O pain more too-- I definitely used to feel it, but I'd like something to be blatantly obvious to make some of this easier. 
    @kpearse99 I think Kate is fascinating too. I guess there's this big thing going around about how people think Meghan Markle is annoyingly cradling her bump in every photo. For some reason she seems more "on-purpose" and "acting" than Kate. I think Kate is just trying to do everything by the royal protocol book and Meghan seems to milk things a little more?
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 that's a good question. I would say my cramps are less intense now than pre-DD. I think most things are back to normal now. I don't even know who Olivia Culpo is! Off to Google...

@creamcheeseplease wow, I'm impressed by your ability to be zen. Hope you can keep it up! 

@marebear15 Just, ugh. Wish you weren't back here. I don't blame YH for needing some time off to process. And also, I don't think Kiera Knightley is super pretty either. Part of the problem is I feel like she's living in the wrong era. She was made for those corsets and petticoats, imo.

@kpearse99 I don't know how to feel about Kate. Obviously she's beautiful, but just seems so stuck up and aloof. Could just be British, though (:

Month/cycle: 9

WTO/TWW: WTO

Ages of other children: 2

Thoughts about this cycle: I may bench us this cycle. I have a work trip that could be during O, and I'm still getting over the worst period of my life. ***Tmi warning*** It was 3-5 days late, and Saturday was the heaviest flow of my life. I seriously used a box of tampons that day. I would put one in, and immediately it would be soaked. Waiting for a call back from my doctor, because I just don't think that's a good thing. I almost went to the ER, but I felt fine other than the gushing blood. ***end TMI***

Questions: just that one for my doc!

Rant/rave/brag: my DD is just the sweetest lately. She knows I've been sad (bc of AF, obvi she doesn't understand why). She's been giving unpromped hugs, "I love you"s, and even little back rubs. She really makes things better.

GTKY: Hm, I can't think of a new one at the moment! 
  • @flinstone-2 I read that about Meghan too!!  Honestly though, I'm pretty sure I rubbed my belly a lot when I was pregnant with DS years ago.... I feel like a lot of pregnant women hold their bellies, under or on top, in photos to define the belly area more so that they don't just look as huge as they feel?!  :D  But yes, I get what you're saying as far as Kate just trying to follow the book more.

@marebear15 I am so sorry you have found yourself back here.  I wasn't on TB long enough to know your whole journey but from the lurking I did before starting to post I can tell you've been through a lot already.  I understand YH needing the time to process, it is so hard no matter how early or late in the pregnancy it happens.  My heart is with you both.

@jennifer_louise That's really sweet of your DD!  It's so cute how they know when something is off with their parents.  I bet what you experienced on Saturday was scary, so I can imagine how you felt.  I hope you get to talk to your doctor soon.  Keep us posted.
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @marebear15 I’m so sorry for your loss. And you’re right Kiera is really weird looking. 

@jennifer_louise I’m sorry for the weird and scary AF. I had something similar happen in August literally blood was just everywhere and it was horrible. It seems to have been a one off for me but I will be interested if you share what your doctor has to say about it. 
  • Month/Cycle: 25/2 AL
     WTO/TWW:  wto
     Ages of other child(ren): 6 and 7 Thoughts about this cycle: we start HiO tonight.
     Questions: none
     Rant/Rave/Brag:  TW. Dd apparently knows what an HpT is.  She asked me last week if I was pregnant or had my “blood pee”. (Weeks of horrible hemorrhages from my MP involved explaining things). I told her I wasn’t pregnant.  She then went to dh and crossed her fingers and said hopefully next time mommy gets pregnant this one survives.  It broke my heart.
     GTKY: 
    Who is one celebrity you love to hate?  I feel old for not knowing who some of these people are.... I will have to copy @kbrow@kbrown2385 although, I can’t pinpo anything about her that makes me hate her, I just do.

@creamcheeseplease I hope your DS feels better soon.
    @kpearse99 I feel your pain.  DD seems to have decided it is fun to be obnoxiously loud and I can’t take it!
    @jennifer_louise I am sorry for the horrible AF, I have that happen every few month and have a prescription for it now.
  • @holly321 that is so sweet and heartbreaking about your DD. I hope she is right, too! 

Likewise my DD is always with me in the bathroom and was asking what my tampon was, and I said it was kind of like a bandaid for moms. She carried one around for a bit after that, calling it "banbaid" (which is the best she can do for "bandaid" lol). 
  • @flinstone-2 Yup, things are all out of whack... and it took a couple of years of tracking to figure it out before pregnancy!

@marebear15 I think it’s KN’s voice that just doesn’t seem right to me! She reminds me of Natalie Portman.

@holly321 That’s just heartbreaking. I have had my fingers crossed for you for a long time.

@jennifer_louise my first cycle AL was like that. I called my hematologist and he was like, “There’s nothing I can do for you.” I immediately switched to another one. She said to just let her know if it’s ever like that again and she will call something in. Have you had clotting levels checked?

Month/Cycle: 2/2

Ages of other child(ren): 14 months 

Thoughts about this cycle: Signs pointed to early O, but I still have some EWCM and no temp shift yet. CD 18 now, so who knows.

Questions: Is anyone else afraid of paying a ton in taxes this year? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Got a project fully funded yesterday and put a new one up within an hour. It breathes fresh air into my class and makes me feel good.

*TW loss* Also, it makes me sad to see so many of you have gone / are going through losses. It was so hard for me two years ago and my heart goes out to you.  <3 */TW*

GTKY: 
    Who is one celebrity you love to hate? I am anti-Angelina Jolie. She doesn’t seem friendly at all. Team Jen all the way!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @flinstone-  after having dd, my cycles have been more variable, longer, and with more cramps. So, yes, different, just to keep us guessing!

@creamcheeseplease Were you able to get ds to a dr appt? It’s so hard to see those little ones fighting with sickness!

@marebear15 I hope you and your husband are able to bring each other some comfort during such a heart wrenching time.
    We had that shoot/sh+t phase too! I kept repeating shoot when she would say it in hopes that her pronunciation would adjust. Lately, she’s been referring to my breasts as booboos...frequently...currently trying to nip that swiftly.

@kbrown2385 I tend to call my pediatrician’s office to talk to the on call nurse to get an opinion about whether or not to come in when I have been unsure. So far, they have always told me to come in. Dd and I usually share illnesses, so that also helps me to know how bad it feels. Ha.

@kpearse99 certain sound effects could easily drive me up a wall. Whining gets under my skin too. It’s crazy how something seemingly so small can have such a big impact.

@jennifer_louise your dd sounds like a sweetheart!!! I hope your dr has gotten back to you!

@holly321 ahhh, your daughter, what a sweet pea!! How do children just cut to our core so effectively??

Month/Cycle: 9/9

WTO/TWW: wto
     Ages of other child(ren): 2 next month!
     Thoughts about this cycle: I’ve been calm, but I can feel myself gripping the idea of a possible pregnancy harder and harder as time goes on. 
     Questions: not today 
     Rant/Rave/Brag: dd has been getting annoyed at our cat lately. Not sure why. She just yells no at him and wants him to leave. They used to get along well, so hopefully it’s a short phase.
     GTKY: 
    Who is one celebrity you love to hate? I think I’m far too out of the loop to think of any celebrities. I’ll edit if I can think of one.
  • @marebare15 Sorry for your loss

@creamcheeseplease These illnesses suck!  

@kpearse99 So many annoying noises!

I just intro'd and I'm jumping right in! Glad to get involved after lurking for a while. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1
    Ages of other child(ren): 17 months
    Thoughts about this cycle: We're easing into this. My doctor is changing my blood pressure meds that are safe for TTC & pregnancy. We're nervous about having another, since daycare is so damn expensive, but we also know that won't change any time soon and would prefer the 2-3 year age gap. 
    Questions: Anyone have luck temping after only 4 hours of sleep? I think that's the minimum recommended from TCOYF, but I take a nap during the day, then get about 4-4.5 for my "night" sleep. Not sure if I should even try to temp right now. Also I do lots of wondering about life with a second child.
    Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant: I'm on the hunt for a new job. Working overnights for years is really wearing on me with not a lot of family time. This could also play into TTC, because I want to make sure I have benefits, mat leave, etc, if I find a new job. 
    Rave/Brag: DS is so fun right now! (usually) His language is exploding and I love watching him learn new things. 
    GTKY: 
    Who is one celebrity you love to hate? Same as @kbrown2385 with Taylor Swift. Ew. And the Kardashians. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @mrsvp614 I have temped after 3 for a few days before when I used to travel a lot for work and I was still able to see a temp shift. My chart wasn't very pretty, but it was biphasic. 

@jennifer_louise that period sounds like when I had the paraguard, I had to set alarms to change my tampon every hour otherwise I'd ruin my clothes. I hope there's nothing going on and it's just a one-off!

@begging4abump I like to call the nurses too because then I don't feel as paranoid if I come in the office because they told me to!  DS had a major illness at 5.5 months called Kawasaki Disease so they saw a lot of us and now I get nervous about any signs of fever. 

@NYTino24 at least you are temping so you know that you can still BD! I set my alarm to temp today but DS was up screaming at 3 so I was up trying to help him and I totally forgot to take it a few hours later. He cut his incisor teeth the last day or so and it's been helllllll. 

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Thanks for your support ladies! I did talk to the doctor and she said it could have been a wonky one-off thing, or ***TW*** it could have been a very early loss which caused the heavy bleeding. She said if it happens again, they will want to do some testing. 

@kbrown2385 Missed you the first time around! Thinking of you off the bench. I'm sure that's a lot of emotions. And about your DS's cough, if you have good insurance I say just go in now. Probably everything is okay, but at least they can put your mind at ease or tell you when to come back in. 

@NYTino24 I haven't been checked for clotting or anything, but I think they will if it happens again! And btw, I'm team Jen too. Have you watched Dumplin on Netflix yet? I haven't, but my sister said it was cute and that Jennifer Aniston was good. 

@begging4abump we are both cycle 9 buddies! I'm starting to feel like this may never happen. Also, FWIW, my DD is also inconsistent with her feelings for our cats. Sometime she loves them, sometimes she gets timeouts for trying to hit them. 

@MrsVP614 good luck finding a new job! I can definitely see how that would take it out of you. Have you tempted before? You might be able to get goodish temps after 4.5 hours if it's still at a consistent time. 

• @jennifer_louise and @begging4abump - DS (who is 6) goes through this with our dogs....he's older so he should be in control of his feelings towards them more, or at least you would think, but NOOOOOOO - he goes from being cute and snuggly with them to scaring the crap out of them to screaming at them!  I've said it a million times, but the age of 6 is the definition of a sour patch kid!

Also, @jennifer_louise - I am glad you got to talk to your doctor, hopefully this is just a one-off for you and it won't happen again but it's got to be piece of mind that they will have a plan in place for if it does happen again. xoxo

@MrsVP614 - good luck on the job hunt!  It can be such a stressful time so know that we are always here when you need or want to vent!  I don't know how you, or anyone, can do overnights - I give you so much praise!

@holly321 - what is it with this age?!?!  I am 100% fine when he's making noises and sounds while he's pretend playing, but 9 out of 10 times it's just him standing there squealing into thin air... or doing baby talk at me.  Makes my blood boil, and I always feel so guilty about losing my cool but how can you not when you've asked nicely 5 different ways and they still keep going as if no one else is around?! 
    Our TTC Journey

• klstone25klstone25 member
    edited January 2019
    @flinstone-2 Great question. So far, I've noticed that my periods are lighter and my cramps are not as strong as they used to be. 

@marebear15 I'm so sorry to see you back here. And I completely understand your H needing to take time to process everything. Be sure to take care of yourself too.  <3

@creamcheeseplease @kbrown2385 Throwing you some solidarity on the sick kiddo front. I'm so over Daniel Tiger and Mickey Mouse club house at this point. 

@NYTino24 Hi there! I remember you from my first time on TTGP.  :)  And I couldn't agree more - I will always be Team Jen! 

@jennifer_louise That's crazy about your cycle. I'm glad that your doctor took your concerns seriously and that they'll want to do some testing if it happens again. 

@MrsVP614 Welcome!  :)

Month/Cycle: 1/1

WTO/TWW: TWW

Ages of other child(ren): 18 months 

Thoughts about this cycle: BFN on Sunday (9 DPO) and yesterday (10 DPO). I tested again this morning — another BFN. All the BFNs along with a temp drop this morning confirm I’m out. 

Questions: Nothing

Rant: We had a surprise visit to the ped's office this morning. I got an email from daycare yesterday saying that the flu was going around DD's classroom. Sure enough DD had a 102 fever last night and again this morning. She's had a cough and runny nose for a few days too. Even though she got the flu shot at her 15 month check up, I wanted to get her checked out anyway. They did test her for the flu and thankfully, it came back negative. So hoping this is just a cold that will go away in a few days. 

GTKY: Who is one celebrity you love to hate? Can I just say all of the Kardashians?

eta: typo
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @flinstone-2 Yeah, but there was almost a .3 temp difference between both attempts at 3:30 am and 6 since DS was up. I can’t trust most of my temps since they are all over the place timewise. *shrug* The main thing pointing to no O yet is my temps are still super low, like barely 97.

@MrsVP614 Haha I just said hi to you on the intro thread! Sorry your daughter is sick. I hope it isn’t the flu!

@jennifer_louise I have not seen it, but it’s on my list! 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @nytino24 you've inspired me to temp again, so I'm on it. I had to do it at 3am but I think I'll still see a general shift in my chart like you're saying.
    MrsVP614 what field are you in? That is exciting about looking for a new job! I don't have experience with daycare because I stay home, but I really don't know how people afford it, especially in the major metropolitan areas like NYC, Chicago, etc. 
    begging4abump maybe your dd wants the cat to leave to make way for a sibling some day :) 

For everyone with sick kids this week I feel like a total failure... I took DS to the doctor yesterday because he kept spiking a high fever only in the afternoon with no other symptoms (like 5 or 6 days of this) and turns out he has a major ear infection. I feel horrible that he was going through this and I didn't know. But, they gave us antibiotics and he should be on his way to feeling better. Apparently some kids only get fevers, some don't and get other signs of pain. This is his first one and he's 16MO. Which they said is pretty rare to not have had one by now. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 glad to hear your son is on the road to recovery! I tend to try to avoid dr offices as long as possible, so I totally get where you’re coming from. He’s on the mend now (because of you), and that’s what matters. 
  • @flinstone-2 My son is just getting over a nagging ear infection. He kept falling down and smacking himself in the head, so those were the only two indications he had fluid in his ears. We made it to 13 months without an ear infection, so I’m hoping he doesn’t get tubes like my mom and I did as adults because there is a genetic correlation due to small Eustachian tubes. Glad you’re gonna try temping. Even with waking up in the MOTN, I got a big temp rise today. 

• Yall!!!!! I GOT PROVERA  <3 I should back in the game in approximately 12 days! Sorry I've been MIA ... it was just stressing me out to obess over this when I couldn't do anything.
  • @Flintstone-2 I'm the executive producer for the morning show at a TV news station. I'm hoping to transition into something with less stress and more normal hours, in marketing or PR. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20