March 2019 Moms

PGAL check in week 1/27- 2/2

wow. Sorry I didn’t get the thread started. I apparently got distracted with the FB group, but Ive been having some trouble with my bump ap too.

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?

3. Any appointment updates?

4.  Rants/raves/questions?

GTKY- I’m assuming we still want to do check ins here? I know we are sort of splitting soon, but wondering if all together here is still good, or should we be in the two groups?

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

Re: PGAL check in week 1/27- 2/2

• 1. 33

2. Mentally: I'm doing okay. Vented in high risk thread about how lo is small, in the 2nd percentile. Bloodflow is still good, so will be inducing at 39 weeks. If it becomes restricted, will be induced at 37 weeks. If bloodflow becomes backwards or stops, then lo will be here even sooner. Thankful for family letting us stay with them as its closer to the hospital. At least 2x weekly appts now at the hospital.
    Physically: good and bad days. Uncomfortable, sick, tired, need to pee all the time.

3. See above. NST's twice weekly. Plus more.

4. Thankful for how active this lo is, as that helps ease my mind.

5. I would like to do check ins here still.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 I’ve been thinking about you! Feel free to message on either site if you need an ear.

1. 32 weeks 4 days

2. Regular OB tomorrow and growth US/MFM on Friday.

3. Physically I’m miserable and I feel guilty about that. I am so thankful to be pregnant and make it this far, so I don’t like to complain, but it’s just so hard! Baby A/girl dropped so I have all the pressure, hip pain etc and Baby B is still in my ribs, it’s awful sometimes. I am ready for them to be here, but also worry a lot. My anxiety is pretty high lately, I’ve exchanged looking for blood every time I wipe to worrying my water is going to break, or being hard on myself for doing too much physical work. I’ve resumed needing the reassurance of the Doppler a lot. They are running out of room and the movements aren’t always as obvious and that makes me anxious too.

4. My work colleagues threw me a really nice baby shower and I’m feeling pretty surrounded by people that love us. And that’s pretty great.

5. I’m happy to continue check ins here. I haven’t decided I’m going to the private bump group, and the FB group tone, which I am loving, doesn’t feel right for the PGAL check ins to me. However, I’m not sure how parenting after loss will be, so I’m thinking about starting a group chat in the FB group as a minimum too...

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you?
    34 + 5 today

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?
    Physically I hurt and I'm tired, but it could be so much worse so I'm thankful. Mentally, PGAL-wise I'm fine, I've been more upset over stupid stuff lately, crying about ice cream, etc. which is not normal for me during pregnancy. Usually I am cool as a cucumber until the post-partum hormones hit. Those are a real doozy. 

3. Any appointment updates?
    Nope. Next appt is next Tues 2/5, and then I am seen weekly until I have the baby on 3/1.

4.  Rants/raves/questions?
    Rave: We have an au pair coming to live with us from Europe a week after the baby gets here, so I've been in cleaning mode. Yesterday I cleaned our fridge, organized and cleaned out cabinets, and my husband emptied out our extras from her room. I am feeling super organized, which I love!  
    Rant: its Monday

@Kenneylynn3 I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rest of your checkups are uneventful!

@3rdtime_charmed I hope you'll join us in the private group, but I know the Bump gives you headaches. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 31w4d

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically, I feel like I'm carrying around a watermelon. Foot pain is back with a vengeance. Mentally, ok, some times I still struggle with the idea that this little girl will be here so soon. I was watching a video on YouTube yesterday about a baby the same age born as LO in nicu that was same weight as well. It struck me, like holy moly it's not a dream. Then I have time hop memories that this time last year I was doing shots for IVF. So my mind is all over the place!

3. Any appointment updates? Had out growth scan last week. Baby is already weighing in at 4lbs 4oz. It was nice to see u/s of her and she even smiled for us which was so sweet. It made it all feel a little more "real".

4.  Rants/raves/questions? Same rant: It's Monday and I'd like to do anything but go to work. Rave: Going on vaca Thursday to Miami and Key West. Excited to get out of town and relax. Though, it gives me a little anxiety, but I know it we don't go I'll regret it.

GTKY- I’m good with checking in here or where ever. I'm on both the private group and FB page. 

@BuckeyeNut05 Love hearing about your cleaning sessions! I've been doing little one's here and there. MH already asked if this would continue after baby lol

@3rdtime_charmed Sorry you've been so uncomfortable lately! But good to hear your work threw you a nice baby shower! :smile: Have they talked about moving you due date any? Curious since I've always heard with twins they usually come a little earlier / scheduled that way.

@Kenneylynn3 Good to hear you are able to stay closer to your doctors office!  FX your next appointments go well and LO keep progressing like they need to. Glad they are doing extra monitoring and staying on top of things for you.

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @3rdtime_charmed Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. And I agree the FB platform wouldn't work as a check-in unless it was more of a chat. I personally am struggling with the FB platform keeping up. But I still want to be a part of the group. Sorry 

@BuckeyeNut05 Thank you! I am so jealous of your cleaning sessions. If I finally feel a surge to clean, it last maybe 20 minutes and then I'm exhausted for the rest of the day.

@kristimh80 have a nice short work week and enjoy your babymoon. Enjoy Florida, it's cold and snowy in Colorado.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 32 weeks

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically pretty good. Mentally, I am struggling a little bit because baby is transverse and I'm still anxious about c-section possibility. It is mostly the unknown of what will happen in the next 6-8 weeks. 

3. Any appointment updates? Bi-weekly check-up on Monday 2/4. 

4.  Rants/raves/questions? Not too much going on other than the absolutely horrible weather in Chicago. It's at the point where it snows or ices every day and I'm tired of it. Friday rush hour home was a awful. Last night/today we had another 5-ish inches. Roads weren't plowed for rush hour and work wasn't canceled. Driving to work was a nightmare. And now we have the impending -30 wind chill later this week. 

GTKY- I’m assuming we still want to do check ins here? I know we are sort of splitting soon, but wondering if all together here is still good, or should we be in the two groups?

I would be interested in finding a way to have PGAL conversation on Facebook. I agree with @3rdtime_charmed that it doesn't feel right to have a PGAL thread on the Facebook page. I'm not a huge fan of the Bump app but I will at least continue to participate in check-ins on here through delivery. 
  • @Kenneylynn3 no apology needed!!! That’s why I asked. I want to know what works for people.

@kristimh80 my due date is technically 3/24, but they won’t let me go past 38 weeks, so I get to shave off at least 2 weeks. Now that baby girl has dropped I probably don’t have much more to go anyway but we will see what they say at my growth US this week. I’m in a twin group too ( so have daily reminders of what delivery at this gestation would look like) and just keep trying to remind myself that the farther I go, the fewer NICU days we will have and it will be worth it. I think I’m some ways it made it harder that they told me I would go in January... I don’t think I had the right mental framework now that we are going farther. It’s obviosly good, but my stamina is waning too fast.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed Totally understandable, I doubt I'd have the right mental mind if they told me January either...even without twins on the horizon! But you are right, the longer they can cook, the better! I've said since I got pregnant that I thought this little one would be early and many days I think "how can I go to my due date," but I also have to remind myself they come with they want to! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kenneylynn3 hoping things settle down for you and lo keeps on cooking in there! If it helps to hear, all three of my sister-in-laws boys were in that bottom 10 percent and arrived early. They’re all completely healthy and they had no complications on arrival.

@3rdtime_charmed I’m sorry you’re so uncomfortable and the anxiety is kicking in so much. Glad you’re feeling so well loved, though!

@buckeyenut05 yes on the intensity of post-partum hormones! I struggled far more with those than pregnancy hormones. 

@kristimh80 hope you have an amazing mini-vaca! Sounds lovely!

@karatepickles yuck! Best of luck dealing with that miserable weather! Those temperatures are nuts!

1. How far along are you? 33+6

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically- I’m grumpy and tired and uncomfortable. So basically I feel like most 3rd trimester moms... Mentality I still have times of worry. She’s a somewhat quiet baby, and I still stress about the what-ifs.

3. Any appt updates? Need to get my hospital paperwork done and submitted.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Like @BuckeyeNut05 I went on a cleaning spree this weekend, but I still feel like there is so much to do.

5. GTKY- I’m assuming we still want to do check ins here? I know we are sort of splitting soon, but wondering if all together here is still good, or should we be in the two groups? Prefer to keep checking in here, but I can be flexible.

• More I thought about it, I think I like the PGAL thread staying here. I feel on FB thread it could get lost. On the bump private group, it would be easy...as we could keep a running thread instead of separate weekly check-ins. But 100% happy just leaving it be! Either way, I know as a FTM, I'll still have nagging thoughts and you girls would be the only one's that "get it". 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @lelkcot That does help to hear. Do you by chance know how early they were?

• @Kenneylynn3 trust me it was atypical!  I can barely make it up the stairs these days. I'll take it though!  
  • @Kenneylynn3 my sister-in-laws first was induced right at 37 weeks due to concerns of growth restrictions, he was just at 5 lbs. The second was around 2.5 weeks early, and also right around 5lbs. Her third was 3 weeks early and just under 5lbs. My older sister also had her first at 37 weeks and she was completely healthy and just under 6 lbs.