August 2019 Moms
Options

High Risk Check-in 1/22

How are everyone's high-risk pregnancies this week? It's been a couple of weeks since I posted and I'm sorry about that but I finally had my first prenatal appointment and I did get my blood thinners so I'm a lot less stressed about mine. They still want me to see a perinatologist but I'm finally feeling some relief since I'm at least on the right medicine. 

Re: High Risk Check-in 1/22

• Options
    I had my first MFM appt and it went great. I don’t have to take thinners until I deliver, and she said I could try to go to full term this time, they will just monitor me extra close as I get close to the end.  I’m excited about that. 
     I have Factor V blood and have had leep and colposcopy procedures also. Last pregnancy I had to be induced right before 37 weeks due to low fluid. 

• Options
    Mines going ok. Got a ton of appointments set up. Next one is a cardiac echo for me at the end of this month. I'm gonna have so many ultrasounds it's crazy. I've also been dealing with a UTI and the crud which is sounding more and more pnuemonia like it's getting scary. I just gotta keep rolling.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi I’m 29 and this is my 3rd baby my pregnancy is considered high risk due to having hypertension before I got pregnant. My OBGYN is having me stop HBP medicine to see if I still have it. Back in August 2018 I started a weight loss journey and I have lost 30lbs. She thinks I might not have HBP anymore and that the medicine could in fact be raising my BP I hope she is right. I hate the whole labeling of high risk just sounds scarey 
  • Options
    We met with our MFM today, for the first time this pregnancy. He's got a game plan that makes sense to me. I'm 9 weeks today, and i go back to him in 3 weeks for the NT scan, the free cell DNA blood draw, and then they'll do a transvaginal ultrasound to get a look at the heart. He said if baby cooperates you can see the chsmbers that early on their equipment. Then anatomy scan 16 weeks & first fetal echo at 20 weeks 

I'm relieved they're going to be scanning early and often, as I thought I'd be stuck waiting until 20 weeks for any information. And he said that heart babies often have excess fluid that shows up as early as we are right now (he pulled up my daughter's old scans to show/remind us what it looks like) and he then pointed out that that's not showing up yet. So I'm trying to stay calm and enjoy the good news until we hear otherwise.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JenW3611 having prior heart babies is so stressful. Both my kids have/had heart defects so we will be getting tons of scans as well with this one. Their heart stuff on top of my heart condition just feels daunting.

• Options
    It really is!! My son had no problems, and there's no family history, and then out of nowhere my daughter, born in 2017, had hypoplastic left heart syndrome & a brain malformation. It felt like the worst, longest pregnancy, and then she passed away at 11 months old. 

Having already gone through it, it's hard the second time around. I'm so relieved that I'm going to get a million scans as early as possible. At least I'll be as informed as I can be, and I'm working with the doctors who caught it all with my daughter, so i trust them when they tell me their finding.

It's a relief to see another heart mom on the board. I usually feel like the odd one out. Lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think we have another one too I just can't remember the username. Heart moms unite! I'm so sorry about your daughter. 

• Options
    lhillearylhilleary member
    edited January 2019
    @database6 I also have Factor V, but I only have heterozygous, not homozygous, so my coming chances aren't terrible. What's concerning is that I had a clot with my first pregnancy. I haven't asked about going full term yet though. I'm a little scared to ask.