TTC after 35
Options

Newbie intro

Hi everyone! 

My my partner and I have been TTC for 2 months. I’m 38 (will be 39 next month) and he’s 37. This is the first time trying to conceive for both of us. 

We realize that our ages makes things a little more challenging, but we’re excitied. So far, I’m not temping or tracking CM, but may start in a couple of months once I’ve done more reading about both. This is my first month using OPK and I’ve been tracking my cycle via the Glow app for a few months. 

Re: Newbie intro

• Options
    Good luck and welcome! 38 is a great age. :)
  • Options
    Welcome! This cycle, I started temping, OPK and everything else for the 1st time. I use the Fertility Friend app. They send you lessons explaining everything. I started on CD 3 so I had a few days to get prepared for the important stuff. Just jump into it! It's been so easy and I learned A LOT.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck with everything. I'm 39 and TTC for the first time and this is also my second cycle trying. How are things going for you? 
  • Options
    Assuming you're really trying and not just seeing if it happens, my only advice would be to at least passively take some notes even now.  Hopefully you'll get lucky.  But time slips away fast!  I was 35 when I first started TTC, and it didn't happen in a year, so we started temping and tracking me.  That takes a while to figure out normal.  So 6-9 months went by.  Everything seemed ok, so went to RE.  He did a few tests that came back good.  Another month or two went by.  He suggested testing DH.  THERE's the problem!!  So, figure out why those guys aren't swimming - set up an appointment.  Another couple months go by.  That test went fine.  Take supplements, de-stress, exercise, take out toxins.  This will take 3+ months to figure out if it works... which it didn't.  Try IUI, numbers too low....
    You get the picture. IF (and I really hope there isn't) there's a problem, it can take years to figure out sometimes.  It took us almost 4 years!!  First IVF at 40, and trying again at 41.  My egg numbers 2 years ago were great, now they are half and best result was one embryo making it to 5 day transfer.  
    If you start paying attention to things like ovulation, CM, etc., hopefully you can accelerate the process in case it comes to talking to an RE.  Some people don't agree, but I wish someone had told me this, so for what it's worth.  And you can ignore anything you discover if you get pregnant naturally!!  
  • Options
    I totally agree with @carintwining ! I highly recommend going through the Fertility Friend email course (it's free) and using FF to track your cycles. Definitely start temping and charting!